Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Re: Axpona 2015 Pics

Mike and I spent a lot of time in the Volti room at RMAF in 2013. Actually, that's where we both met. In any event, very nice speakers.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by bthomas9 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing the whole way home last night...somewhat in jest...somewhat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was thinking "maybe these Sonus Faber Lilium's with ARC GS150's really aren't that good. Maybe it's just such a relief after the Q7 mk2/Aesthetix room next door!" LOL.

The M's with the big Octave tube amps were much better and they were in a normal sized hotel room. I like the fit and finish on the M's much better too. They are even more gorgeous in person quite frankly. The Q's had a nice big room with big ceilings and everything too. Go figure. I'll be back today to see if things have settled down any.

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

How does it compare then to RMAF?

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Ritmo View Post
    How does it compare then to RMAF?
    Similar. More bigger rooms here I think. Good to see they also stuck the headphone guys in the basement. LMAO.

...just kidding.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Doing the same thing today. Trent mentioned to me last night that they made a change to the Q7 setup. Curious to hear them again. Will also head to the Tidal room today as i missed it yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post

I was thinking the same thing the whole way home last night...somewhat in jest...somewhat

I was thinking "maybe these Sonus Faber Lilium's with ARC GS150's really aren't that good. Maybe it's just such a relief after the Q7 mk2/Aesthetix room next door!" LOL.

The M's with the big Octave tube amps were much better and they were in a normal sized hotel room. I like the fit and finish on the M's much better too. They are even more gorgeous in person quite frankly. The Q's had a nice big room with big ceilings and everything too. Go figure. I'll be back today to see if things have settled down any.

Thanks for all of the photos and comments. I didn't want to comment in the middle of the posts yesterday so as not to break up the flow. Some interesting looking gear.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

I haven't been around to all the rooms yet, but in general I am impressed with the show. The YG/Kronos room was a standout. Really enjoyed both Vivid rooms as well.
    Speakers: Magico M-Project w/MPods
    Amps: CAT Legend -> CAT JL7s
    Analog: Kronos Pro Limited Edition / Black Beauty tonearm / Zyx Universe Premium, Ortofon A95
    Digital: Roon->Vivaldi DAC/Upsampler
    Cables/Power: Kubala Sosna Elation ICs & SCs / Shunyata Denali 6000T & PC's / Furutech outlets

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    Is that a hint you might be thinking of switching camps Mike?
    no; I was only offering an alternative to the big Solutions. one that I live with and appreciate every day. if we are going to project ultimate amplifier choices for the Q7 MkII then the 458's should be in that mix.

and a friend had used the 458 dart mono's on the original Q7's while he had the Q7's and I'm told that was the best Q7 amp match those that heard it had experienced. I never had the opportunity to hear that combo myself.

I pinch myself every day that I'm fortunate enough to be able to enjoy my MM7's with the 458's.

taking nothing away from the Magico Q7 MkII.....or any other uber speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by madfloyd View Post
    I haven't been around to all the rooms yet, but in general I am impressed with the show. The YG/Kronos room was a standout. Really enjoyed both Vivid rooms as well.
    Ian, is that the GTT Audio room w YG/Kronos?

Allen

Where's Myle's posts? He usually posts during the show and then a nice summary on his FB page....

Allen

Quote Originally Posted by socfan12 View Post
    Ian, is that the GTT Audio room w YG/Kronos?
    I was thinking the same thing. YG, AudioNet...Kubala-Sosna; almost has to be, right?
    CD

DAC/Pre-amp - PSAudio DsJ > Power-amp - > Speakers - PMC TwentyFive 23s

Axpona 2015 Pics

Should have done this yesterday...

Speakers - Magico S5mk2 Integrated - Vitus SIA-025 Analog - Vpi Prime Signature/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze Digital - Lumin A1
    Power - Shunyata Denali 6000S/Alpha HC/Alpha Digital Cables - Kimber KS-6063/Nordost Frey IC

Fourth floor room 424 GTT Audio, Kronos, KS, YG, Audionet

Speakers - Magico S5mk2 Integrated - Vitus SIA-025 Analog - Vpi Prime Signature/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze Digital - Lumin A1
    Power - Shunyata Denali 6000S/Alpha HC/Alpha Digital Cables - Kimber KS-6063/Nordost Frey IC

Anybody have any early impressions from the Vapor Audio room with the Perfect Storm speakers and Lampi Dac setup?

O-M-G! I really do, need to go to my 1st show

Is it this, 2016...or RMAF 2015?

Guys...great coverage so far; although more pics than opinions. To whatever extent anyone can, here are the things I'd love thoughts on...

- KEF Blade IIs; I've heard 'em...what do you think? Also, Ref 5s!
    - Simaudio's Moon Neo line; a 380D into a pair of 400Ms is up for consideration.
    - Ryan 610s! I know Mike has mentioned these; good-looking monitor, for $2k list.
    - Merrill Thors; these $4800 Hypex (not 1200) monoblocks, have been on my radar for some time.

Damn...I should have gone!
    CD

Axpona 2015 Pics

Listened in the KEF Parasound room ALOT. Was a huge room, not as big or tall as 12th floor Q and Lillium rooms, but 30 x 30 with 10' ceilings. The LS 50's impressed me more than the REF 5's. Maybe not it impact or volume of sound (it still filled the room amazingly well for its size) but the imaging was much more to my liking. The blade I I was really off when they put them in. Turns out the little zdac they were using had a problem. After the new dac got put in they had the same imaging I really liked with the full sound of the ref's. I have the LS50's and really wanted to like the REF series because of the price point but the blade ii's were the cats meow for sure. I'm sure it has to do with the single point source sound that imaged so well.

Can't really help on the other stuff other than the Ryan floor standers sounded good with female vocals and light jazz. Can't say how dynamic for rock music they are.

I wish I was going today too...I missed a lot and several rooms I wanted to spend more time in

Yes.
    Analog: Kronos Pro Limited Edition / Black Beauty tonearm / Zyx Universe Premium, Ortofon A95
    Cables/Power: Kubala Sosna Elation ICs & SCs / Shunyata Denali 6000T & PC's / Furutech outlets

One of the bigger disappointments for me was the all MBL room. Stopped in several times as it was right across from KEF and was never impressed

Axpona 2015 Pics

Yes.
    Enjoy them for me. Nice meeting you yesterday.

Magico Q7s were really impressive. Never heard such great bass. Apparently speakers were repositioned today and sub removed.

Highs are sharp unfortunately, but I'm told the speakers are broken in. How much this is due to the Aesthetic gear I don't know but I've never been a fan. At this level you have to mate very carefully obviously and I question the choice of electronics.

But it does go to show that this new tweeter can be brutal if not tamed.

Hearing the M Project now and almost immediately left because a violin was ripping my ears off but changed seats and it's better but still a little bright.

Quote Originally Posted by tomy2 View Post
    Anybody have any early impressions from the Vapor Audio room with the Perfect Storm speakers and Lampi Dac setup?
    I hated it. Bass, treble and not much in between.

The blade I I was really off when they put them in. Turns out the little zdac they were using had a problem. After the new dac got put in they had the same imaging I really liked with the full sound of the ref's. I have the LS50's and really wanted to like the REF series because of the price point but the blade ii's were the cats meow for sure. I'm sure it has to do with the single point source sound that imaged so well.
    I can't believe, they're demoing...$25,000 Blade IIs; with a $550 DAC. Talk about non-believers
    CD

I hated it. Bass, treble and not much in between.
    Judging by the pics they looked like they could have benefited from a much bigger room like the Volti speakers had.

Quote Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post
    I can't believe, they're demoing...$25,000 Blade IIs; with a $550 DAC. Talk about non-believers
    Not only that they were using straight wire cabling. While it's good I'm not sure it's up to 25k speaker ability

Not only that they were using straight wire cabling. While it's good I'm not sure it's up to 25k speaker ability

Unfortunate. Sounds like a marketing thing, rather than picking properly, complimentary components.

This is one of the reasons, I've never thought I'd enjoy a show.
    CD

Axpona 2015 Pics

Unfortunate. Sounds like a marketing thing, rather than picking properly, complimentary components.

The sound was still enjoyable to me and they are VERY squarely on my radar now. Now to get SAM going...

mauidan

Magico Q7s were really impressive. Never heard such great bass. Apparently speakers were repositioned today and sub removed.

Highs are sharp unfortunately, but I'm told the speakers are broken in. How much this is due to the Aesthetic gear I don't know but I've never been a fan. At this level you have to mate very carefully obviously and I question the choice of electronics.

But it does go to show that this new tweeter can be brutal if not tamed.

Hearing the M Project now and almost immediately left because a violin was ripping my ears off but changed seats and it's better but still a little bright.
    In the Q7 room, it was probably the Pass preamp.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by mauidan View Post
    In the Q7 room, it was probably the Pass preamp.
    HAHAHA! NOT!

Audioshark

Audioshark

Audioshark member AJ of Soundfield Audio. Sounding GREAT AJ!!!

Hard to believe these are $12k.

Audioshark

Audioshark

Axpona 2015 Pics

QUAD + BAT = Beautiful. Simply stunning.

Audioshark

Harbeth Super HL5 with Vinnie Rossi.

Dave Wilson stunned people using an iPod one year. A cheap parasound another time.
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Mike, the flash is your friend
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Audioshark

Verity with AudiaFlight. GORGEOUS sound.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post

Mike, the flash is your friend
    I'm using an iPhone with flash. It was awful with flash.

Audioshark

Audioshark

Vivid Giya G3 + CAT + Lumin

Banned

Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)

You might be surprised about Straightwire if you ever home demo them!
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs XP32......incoming
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Kharma Elegance speaker cables
    Kharma Elegance interconnects
    REL Subs

Axpona 2015 Pics

Taking a caffeine break
    Q7 sounded better today on digital source. Sub gone to static display. I'm guessing it's something with the rhea sig phono stage or clearaudio setup that's a mismatch with the Q7 making it harsh on top.
    Tidal was excellent on softer acoustic music but they seem to have nothing to play on their server with serious electronic tempo so it's hard to judge if these ceramic drivers can keep up.
    Sonus faber lilium sounded better to me today. No idea if it was the sweet spot or something they changed but it was better today.
    Resolution acoustics room treatment demo was an interesting idea and made some improvements. Personally, part of why i think the demo worked is because the strads are too big for that small hotel room. A pair of elipsa se would probably do better and require minimal treatment. Even if i had a dedicated listening room, $30k is alot. Might be cheaper to renovate the room and maintain WAF
    The new red finish on the strads is gorgeous.
    The m pro room really works in the sweet spot only. Then it is excellent IMO.

Audioshark

Q7 mk2's were a little better today, but the sound was very diffused. I went back three times already today. I keep hoping to be blown away. To me, the Harbeth's sounded better. Way more musical.

My favs are still the ARC GS150 with Sonus Faber Lilium. It's like they combined audiophile qualities like imaging and resolution and bass definition with musicality and soul.

Was it possible to play a CD in the Sander's room or is Roger sticking to his limited play list?

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzie View Post
    Was it possible to play a CD in the Sander's room or is Roger sticking to his limited play list?
    No idea. Haven't gone there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxwired View Post
    and one of the few rooms that would play my stuff so far. Sound was excellent.

Jaxwired, You there? I just left late Friday and I am with you some of the material they were playing in some of the rooms where not helping speakers sound better. IMHOP. 2 out of the 4 Dynaudio Rooms were good, but I thought the XD didn't sound all that great and the C2 Platinum room was playing a local guys music recorded in a church, it was decent but not good to really make those speakers sing! I had to come home and put some of my good demo music on! I did buy a pair of the Scansonics 2.5 at the show which I thought were amazing for the money. The Raidho Room they had dialed in very good, the D3 were amazing.

Audioshark

Salon 2's.

mauidan

HAHAHA! NOT!

Not a good idea to drive an amp that doesn't use any negative feedback with a preamp that does.

Audioshark

The best sound of the day!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Axpona 2015 Pics