Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Thread: SGR Audio rack

SGR Audio rack

Anyone has experience with these? Look gorgeous and seem very sturdy.

SGR Audio Signature Hi-Fi Rack - SGR Audio

Re: SGR Audio rack

I have taken a very close look at them at the Melbourne HiFi shows over the years. They do make good racks. I think it's the best thing SGR do.

Speakeasy

Thanks for the info, Steve. I remember seeing this in one of the AS members system page, but forgot who. SGR Audio rack

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I have taken a very close look at them at the Melbourne HiFi shows over the years. They do make good racks. I think it's the best thing SGR do.
    Oouch, Nice backhanded compliment
    Source: Technics SP10mk3 - Thales Simplicity II, TW Raven AC-3 - Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Lyra Etna SL, Lyra Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: Phasemation EA-1200, Accuphase C-37,TW Acustik phono
    EQ: ​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: D'Agostino HD, conrad johnson GAT,
    Amps: conrad johnson teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum S250
    Speakers: Wilson Maxx3

Anyone on the sonic?

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    Anyone on the sonic?

Pass

Speakeasy

Not sure why you commented at all if you are not prepared to back up your slagging of the brand with an actual real opinion. That is if you have actually heard them outside of the HiFi show.

Pretty poor form IMO, regardless of how they sound.
    Source: Technics SP10mk3 - Thales Simplicity II, TW Raven AC-3 - Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Lyra Etna SL, Lyra Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: Phasemation EA-1200, Accuphase C-37,TW Acustik phono
    EQ: ​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: D'Agostino HD, conrad johnson GAT,
    Amps: conrad johnson teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum S250
    Speakers: Wilson Maxx3

I haven't slagged the brand. I have not heard a demonstration outside of a HiFi show. Indeed they make great racks. Does it sound good? Yes. Do they demo well? Yes. Was I blown away emotionally? No, but that's me trying my best in demo to articulate "their sound" at a HiFi show...

Their HiFi solutions are primarily based around their proprietary active speaker technology.

I would describe SGR Audio as a sticky solution proposition.

The main reason why I would pass them over is that their offering by their design, limits solution choice to their options.

Selling an entire system bluebook opposed to individual components is much more difficult on the second hand market.

With that in mind, you have to be sure, that is what you are going to be happy with for a very long time.

At times when making an opinion, one word can say it all for me. So best to do your own research. YMMV.

Speakeasy

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    Thanks for the info, Steve. I remember seeing this in one of the AS members system page, but forgot who. SGR Audio rack

Thats one of my old systems., should have stopped there for a few years I reckon & those SGR amps are the reason I went to the SGR MT3.2 speakers

Heres another too..

And why not let some see where an informed opinion comes from...

They are a very good rack with sorbothane isolation & also anti-vibration design. Able to be custom ordered, very solid & stable, anything up to 100kgs on the any of the shelves with the necessary sorbothane pucks to support. Where are you situated as Stuart exports world-wide?

Heres mine, 2 x sgr racks , bought them s/h ��
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Technics SL1000mk2+Ortonfon A90+Yamaha CDS2100+Dynaudio Confidence 5.

Interesting as to how close in design the 3XCB is to a pair of Diapason Adamantes

-----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

SGR have a new design about to be released in the near future, not sure if the bookshelf's are included.

Im in the market for some SGR racks for some tubes....
    Stump

Nice Racks they are

Quote Originally Posted by stump View Post
    Im in the market for some SGR racks for some tubes....
    Stump

Quote Originally Posted by Corks67 View Post
    Heres mine, 2 x sgr racks , bought them s/h 😎
    I am in the market for a pair of Racks in the picture above to fit in with my own SGR Rack Mk1.They no longer make the Mk1 and the new range use a smoother upmarket alloy in the racks.

They OEM for MSB using their highest specs. The MSB think their racks are obviously great. Every time you see an MSB exhibit it is with these racks.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

SGR Audio rack