Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: The N100 Owners Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Etunes View Post
    Anyone experience what I'd call drop outs? listening then it stutters . Also when switching files it sometimes sends a spike or loud static. Not sure if its the DAC or N100H. I have the Bricasti M1 DAC . Never had an issue with JRiver. I like the Aurender software and TIDAL interface. Now the kids can listen to Pop so pretty cool. Some stuff sounds really good via TIDAL.
    I'm thinking my NAS may be to far from the Aurender but never had an issue before. Everything in the HD whatever type file sounds great. Did a re-scan w/AMM same deal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx!
    Never had those issues here, and am running N100H and Bricasti M1. I'd suspect the USB cable as others mentioned. AFAIK the Aurender buffers the whole track to SSD before playback so there should be no network induced stutters.

I do notice some very minor noise / static type sound on changing sample rates, suspect this is from M1.

Double post
    Last edited by Morten; August 31, 2015 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Double post

Hallo in the thread.

I have a N100H on its way, it will feed my Devialet 200—I trust it will be a good match :-)

I will need a power cord for the N100H, I have found some cables that are available secondhand:
    Transparent PowerLink Super
    Wireworld stratus tm52
    Mit shotgun ac1

Will any of them be a good match—or is there any other recommendations?

Kind regards

Morten

Super Moderator

Welcome Morten!
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    Hallo in the thread.

I have a N100H on its way, it will feed my Devialet 200—I trust it will be a good match :-)

I will need a power cord for the N100H, I have found some cables that are available secondhand:
    Wireworld stratus tm52
    Mit shotgun ac1

Kind regards

Morten

Welcome Morten,

I am also feeding a devialet with my N100H and simply love the unit.
    System 1: Matrix Element M -> Sugden A21se -> Klipsch Cornwall 3.

System 2: Matrix Element X -> Exposure 3510 -> Heco Direkt.

Hallo in the thread.

Wireworld stratus tm52
    Mit shotgun ac1

Kind regards

Morten

Welcome Morten,

I am also feeding a devialet with my N100H and simply love the unit.
    System 1: Matrix Element M -> Sugden A21se -> Klipsch Cornwall 3.

System 2: Matrix Element X -> Exposure 3510 -> Heco Direkt.

Thanks for the welcome.

It have arrived today, oh boy is it good, have so far only listened to a couple of albums, I have a week point for "death cab for cutie" on the track Brothers on a hotel bed there is a lot going on in the background, I have newer head it so clear before, the music just seems to flow so easy, and it is fresh from the box, I expect it to be even better after some days.

I do however have a problem with Tidal, I can load tracks to the playlist, but it cannot play--it just skips over them--and it says on the display "Tidal Stream" shouldn’t it state the track name, like when you play from the HDD?

I hope I get it fixed, it was one of the reasons that I procured the unit--to use Tidal...

Kind regards Morten

To the best of my knowledge,you can LISTEN to Tidal but NOT RECORD it.
    Listen as many times as you want but you can only do so while you have a subscription
    Check with Aurender support to confirm
    Best

Hallo JAB, thanks for your reply--yes I know that--but I can't listen to it :-)

It loads the tracks but it can't play them...

I tried Airplay this morning, it didn’t work either, there was noise but it was breaking up--strange.

Kind regards Morten

Hallo JAB, thanks for your reply--yes I know that--but I can't listen to it :-)

It loads the tracks but it can't play them...

I tried Airplay this morning, it didn’t work either, there was noise but it was breaking up--strange.

Kind regards Morten

Hallo, I raised an online help request from the APP...

Eric from Aurender fixed my problem last night, so now all is running...

I am one happy camper, the Tidal integration is stellar.

I have not yet done any critical listing but it appears to sound good...

Kind regards Morten

Hallo, I raised an online help request from the APP...

Eric from Aurender fixed my problem last night, so now all is running...

I am one happy camper, the Tidal integration is stellar.

I have not yet done any critical listing but it appears to sound good...

Kind regards Morten
    Brian Walsh
    Music Direct

Hey...all of a sudden, I have a 'lost+found' directory, on my N100H. Can't access it and can't delete it (don't have permission).

Anyone know what gives?
    CD

DAC/Pre-amp - PSAudio DsJ > Power-amp - > Speakers - PMC TwentyFive 23s

Hey...all of a sudden, I have a 'lost+found' directory, on my N100H. Can't access it and can't delete it (don't have permission).

Anyone know what gives?
    CD

Chris,

It's "computer stuff"

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Knowled..._directory_for

In other words, it's a folder created by the Aurender after a "sanity check" of the internal hard drives/file system, most likely to happen after a force reboot or an unclean shutdown. I wouldn't fret over this!

Hallo in the thread.

Wireworld stratus tm52
    Mit shotgun ac1

Kind regards

Morten
    Well, I went with the MIT cable.

I really enjoy it (I also have MIT as speaker interconnect) the improvement is similar as when I upgraded them.

The music seams to slow down and just flow and all instruments have their own place, it is extremely seductive.

I use a Regen now, I will when I have time try to experiment if gives a benefit with the N100H, on my old PC it was a big improvement

Kind regards Morten

Hallo, have anybody tried your Aurender with and without a Regen?

I have one and I tried to remove it, without the Regen the music is more relaxed and more harmonic, with the Regen it seems to be a tad mere detailed but it is like it is more in your face, without it all is in place.

My DAC/Amp is a Devialet 200, between the Devialet and the Regen I use a Aqvox short USB cable, My (main) USB cable is a Transparent premium

It is strange, when I used my PC it was much better with the Regen.

Have any other with both the Regen and a Aurender tried this?

Kind regards MortenHallo, have anybody tried your Aurender with and without a Regen?

I have one and I tried to remove it, without the Regen the music is more relaxed and more harmonic, with the Regen it seems to be a tad mere detailed but it is like it is more in your face, without it all is in place.

My DAC/Amp is a Devialet 200, between the Devialet and the Regen I use a Aqvox short USB cable, My (main) USB cable is a Transparent premium

Kind regards Morten

Hallo, have anybody tried your Aurender with and without a Regen?

Kind regards MortenHallo, have anybody tried your Aurender with and without a Regen?

Kind regards Morten
    Hi Morten,

Thanks for the information. This seems logical. The PC is not optimized for audio as far as noise is concerned, so there are definitely gains to be made. The Aurender is already optimized to provide audiophile performance, so there are little to no gains to be realized.

Best,
    Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

New N100H owner

I've been lurking here and reading up on the N100; thanks to Brian at Essential Audio I was able to enjoy a generous in-home trial with my own stereo. So this is my first post.

I had plenty of opportunity to compare it to the Auralic Aries with FEMTO clocks and linear power supply I've had in my system for the last few months. It was an enlightening comparison. The short version? The Auralic has been moved on and I'm patiently waiting for my new N100H to ship.

As nice as the Aries is, and I found it a definite step up from my Mac Mini running Audirvana+, it really wasn't any match for the more sophisticated and evolved Aurender. The Aries never let me forget it was a digital player. The Aurender, particularly when I replaced my CAT6 ethernet cable with a fiber optic link sounded very analog in nature -- spacious, relaxed, tonally correct and very nuanced. The sense of space, particularly of depth was a first for me when playing digital files. With well-recorded material the Aries is capable of a very wide stereo spread, but on its best day it never gave me a sense of immersive depth that the Aurender brought to almost everything I threw at it.

TIDAL integration with the Aurender Conductor app is excellent, and I particularly like the way Conductor comes right back to the last screen used when the app is refreshed. Not having to run Aurender Music Manager other than the initial upload and whenever new music is added to my NAS is very nice, and allowed me to turn off my Mac Mini and unplug the switching power supply for one less noise source in the AC distribution system.

All in all, definitely a keeper.

Brian is great to work with, has plenty of patience with questions and gave me super customer support. If you don't have local dealer you want to support, or like me, don't have a dealer nearby, I highly recommend getting in touch with Brian.

Steve

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Steve!
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Welcome to the forum Steve!
    Thank you, Joe. I believe I've read some of your posts over on What's Best. Where in ID, neighbor?

Steve

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by zettelsm View Post
    Thank you, Joe. I believe I've read some of your posts over on What's Best. Where in ID, neighbor?

Steve
    Hi Steve,

Wish I was, actually that's the department I work in at my job, IDentification. I am on Long Island, in NY.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Audioshark

The N100 Owners Thread

Steve - welcome! The Aurender is a terrific product. Such a joy to use and has none of that digital hash you get from a PC/Mac.

The app is also a pleasure to use with seamless Tidal integration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Re: New N100H owner

Not having to run Aurender Music Manager other than the initial upload and whenever new music is added to my is very nice.
    And with the H, you don't even need to do it once...the way you did, with your non-H trial.
    CD

Hi Steve!

I think we have communicated now & then.

I have a question for you.

Can the Aurender automatically switch the recording selection's absolute polarity as Audirvana & Pure Music can? Since about half of of my recordings are inverted, this feature has become important to me.

Failing that, does the Aurender have a manual remote polarity inversion capability?

I was interested in the Antipodes, but they did not offer polarity switching per cut, automatic or manual.

Almost forgot - Welcome to Audio Shark!
    DPT4ME - Dynamics, Presence & Tone for Musical Engagement; MBP (3) - stripped down for music only; Shunyata Omega & Sigma USBs; ISO REGEN w/short Curious USB links; Berkeley Alpha USB; Aqua La Scala II Optologic DAC; Schiit Yggdrasil - fully updated; Ayre Codex dac - updated; Pass Labs INT-60 integrated amp; Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE-2 preamp, Quicksilver Mono 120 amps w/Tung-Sol KT150s; Quicksilver Mid Mono amps w/Gold Lion KT77s; Fyne Audio 703s; Symposium Svelte Plus & Ultra Platforms; REL S-812 subwoofers; Duelund DCA12GA speaker cables; AV Room Service EVPs, Stein Music Harmonizers, Duelund DCA16GA & 20GA ICs; Shunyata Denali 6000S/V2; Tripp Lite PCs; Wyred 4 Sound power cords; AudioDharma cable cooker; dedicated custom room; various GIK & ASC room treatments; etc.

www.getbettersound.com

Hi Jim,
    I'll chime in to answer your question. No, the Aurender doesn't have polarity switching. If your DAC or your preamp has that feature that's one way to accomplish it.
    Brian Walsh
    Music Direct

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, neither my ASR amp nor my DACs offer that function, hence my question.

Best,

Jim
    DPT4ME - Dynamics, Presence & Tone for Musical Engagement; MBP (3) - stripped down for music only; Shunyata Omega & Sigma USBs; ISO REGEN w/short Curious USB links; Berkeley Alpha USB; Aqua La Scala II Optologic DAC; Schiit Yggdrasil - fully updated; Ayre Codex dac - updated; Pass Labs INT-60 integrated amp; Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE-2 preamp, Quicksilver Mono 120 amps w/Tung-Sol KT150s; Quicksilver Mid Mono amps w/Gold Lion KT77s; Fyne Audio 703s; Symposium Svelte Plus & Ultra Platforms; REL S-812 subwoofers; Duelund DCA12GA speaker cables; AV Room Service EVPs, Stein Music Harmonizers, Duelund DCA16GA & 20GA ICs; Shunyata Denali 6000S/V2; Tripp Lite PCs; Wyred 4 Sound power cords; AudioDharma cable cooker; dedicated custom room; various GIK & ASC room treatments; etc.

www.getbettersound.com

Not having to run Aurender Music Manager other than the initial upload and whenever new music is added to my NAS is very nice
    I believe you have to rerun it whenever new firmware is loaded too, which isn't very often.
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 XTRM, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Tosca arm; SME 3012R arm, Ortofon Diamond Anna; Reel to Reel: Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Taiko Audio Extreme> Lampizator Horizon, Oppo UDP-203;

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Smith View Post
    Hi Steve!

I think we have communicated now & then.

I have a question for you.

Can the Aurender automatically switch the recording selection's absolute polarity as Audirvana & Pure Music can? Since about half of of my recordings are inverted, this feature has become important to me.

Failing that, does the Aurender have a manual remote polarity inversion capability?

I was interested in the Antipodes, but they did not offer polarity switching per cut, automatic or manual.

Almost forgot - Welcome to Audio Shark!
    Thank you Jim and the rest of the guys. Yes, we've talked and e-mailed in the past and I'm one of your TTSB supporters.

I see the others have jumped in and answered your question. I hadn't given it much thought before moving from Mac Mini to Aurender, I guess because I'm not very sensitive to absolute polarity issues. Maybe because so much of the music I listen to is all over the place in terms of recording and engineering.

But it's a good point and my preamp doesn't have a polarity inversion switch either.

Very best,

Steve

Some questions from someone who might be new to an Aurender N100H soon, and couldn't find enough answers earlier in this fine thread.
    I am looking to switch from my Mac Mini dedicated music computer to an Aurender N100H machine. More details on my current system is in my signature below.

* Note that while I create and maintain my music files with iTunes, I use Audirvana Plus (not integrated with iTunes) as my music player. And I use Audirvana's Remote app on my iPad to control music playing.
    * Note, too, that I maintain my music files on my work Macintosh, and then as I add new music, I simply copy the music files to my two separate Mac Mini music computers. This method always works for me, both for sound quality and metadata.

At this point, I'd like to know how I would do two related things:
    (1) transfer all of my existing music files -- about 2100 albums and 30,000 files -- to the N100H's internal drive (no desire for a NAS)
    (2) add new albums to the N100H's internal drive

To start, here's the state of my existing music files:
    * all the music files are either ALAC or AIFF
    * all the music files are lossless PCM, from 16/44.1 and higher resolution
    * all the music files reside on an external SSD or HD, and I have several copies of those complete music libraries on other external drives
    * all the music files take up less than 800GB of space
    * all metadata, including album covers, is embedded into each file (all covers pasted manually)
    * the only text metadata I use is Track Name, Artist, Album Artist, Album, Year, Genre, Composer, Disc #, Track #
    * when an album is a compilation, I have the compilation box checked "yes" and I put the term "Various" into the Album Artist field

So, from what I've researched so far, my understanding of how a migration to an Aurender N100H would work is as follows:
    * Existing music files would be transferred by attaching one of my external music drives to one of the N100H's USB inputs.
    But then, would I be using Aurender's Composer app or Aurender Media Manager or some other way to manager the transfer?
    * New music files could be transferred one of two ways: with a USB device, such as a flash drive, attached to the N100H's USB input or by using my work Macintosh to connect to the N100H as another server on my network.
    Is that correct? Is there something I'm missing?

I would greatly appreciate any other information about initial and subsequent ways to add music files to the N100H from a Macintosh.
    And what else am I missing here?

Dave, who is new to Audio Shark but is has been a member of the Computer Audiophile forum for a few years now

P.S. After I wrote up this post, I found this earlier post in October. Seems to potentially answer my essential questions...is it that simple?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcade View Post
    Not sure why some people are trying to complicate this. I've always used iTunes to rip (AIFF format). It integrates perfectly with the Aurender. All you need to do is drop in the cover art file then upload the folder to the Aurender.

Are people having other issues with this (am I missing something)?
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Aurender N10 >
    Audience Au24 SE AES/EBU digital cable > Chord DAVE DAC > Audience Au24 SE XLR interconnects > Luxman L-505uX integrated amplifier > Audience Au24 SE speaker cables > DeVore Fidelity Gibbon 88 speakers

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Cycleman, thank you for joining.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Cycleman View Post
    Some questions from someone who might be new to an Aurender N100H soon, and couldn't find enough answers earlier in this fine thread.
    I am looking to switch from my Mac Mini dedicated music computer to an Aurender N100H machine. More details on my current system is in my signature below.

* Note that while I create and maintain my music files with iTunes, I use Audirvana Plus (not integrated with iTunes) as my music player. And I use Audirvana's Remote app on my iPad to control music playing.
    * Note, too, that I maintain my music files on my work Macintosh, and then as I add new music, I simply copy the music files to my two separate Mac Mini music computers. This method always works for me, both for sound quality and metadata.

At this point, I'd like to know how I would do two related things:
    (1) transfer all of my existing music files -- about 2100 albums and 30,000 files -- to the N100H's internal drive (no desire for a NAS)
    (2) add new albums to the N100H's internal drive

To start, here's the state of my existing music files:
    * all the music files are either ALAC or AIFF
    * all the music files reside on an external SSD or HD, and I have several copies of those complete music libraries on other external drives
    * all the music files take up less than 800GB of space
    * all metadata, including album covers, is embedded into each file (all covers pasted manually)
    * the only text metadata I use is Track Name, Artist, Album Artist, Album, Year, Genre, Composer, Disc #, Track #
    * when an album is a compilation, I have the compilation box checked "yes" and I put the term "Various" into the Album Artist field

So, from what I've researched so far, my understanding of how a migration to an Aurender N100H would work is as follows:
    * Existing music files would be transferred by attaching one of my external music drives to one of the N100H's USB inputs.
    But then, would I be using Aurender's Composer app or Aurender Media Manager or some other way to manager the transfer?
    * New music files could be transferred one of two ways: with a USB device, such as a flash drive, attached to the N100H's USB input or by using my work Macintosh to connect to the N100H as another server on my network.
    Is that correct? Is there something I'm missing?

I would greatly appreciate any other information about initial and subsequent ways to add music files to the N100H from a Macintosh.
    And what else am I missing here?

Dave, who is new to Audio Shark but is has been a member of the Computer Audiophile forum for a few years now

P.S. After I wrote up this post, I found this earlier post in October. Seems to potentially answer my essential questions...is it that simple?
    Dave, when you connect the N100H to your network, it will be assigned an IP Address. You find the specific IP address of your N100H in the Conductor app. Once you know the IP of your N100H, you map that drive to your network. Start to copy the files over.

This Quick Start Guide should give you a good over view as well: http://www.aurender.com/page/quickguide-server

Mike

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Hello,

I have a new aurender n100h, but I'm having a problem to "see" the content of my NAS.
    I used AMM, browsed for it, it shows up in the list, I can see it in the conductor app, but when navigating to it it doesn't show up any folder...
    What am I missing? It shows only the albums stored in the internal 1TB SSD, but not my complete library stored in a Synology NAS.
    The NAS isn't in the same room as the Aurender, does it have to be umbilically connected to it? Hum...
    My setup is Aurender > USB to dac > Ethernet directly to the router.

help?
    Music ON / World OFF

Quote Originally Posted by bluedoor View Post
    Hello,

I have a new aurender n100h, but I'm having a problem to "see" the content of my NAS.
    I used AMM, browsed for it, it shows up in the list, I can see it in the conductor app, but when navigating to it it doesn't show up any folder...
    What am I missing? It shows only the albums stored in the internal 1TB SSD, but not my complete library stored in a Synology NAS.
    The NAS isn't in the same room as the Aurender, does it have to be umbilically connected to it? Hum...
    My setup is Aurender > USB to dac > Ethernet directly to the router.

help?
    Well first of all; with the H...you don't need AMM.
    CD

Ok. What about the way for the N100 have access to the music stored in the NAS? Do they have to be directly connected to each other?
    Music ON / World OFF

Audioshark

Ok. What about the way for the N100 have access to the music stored in the NAS? Do they have to be directly connected to each other?
    Just on the same network.

Audioshark

Blue door - where do you live? Can't your Aurender dealer help you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Just on the same network.
    And then you point your Conductor app...at the NAS.

I can get you through it, if you still need help
    CD

I have pointed the conductor app to the NAS, I've added manually the NAS (synology DS411 Slim) inserted user and psw.
    The shared folder is visible within the FOLDERS navigation bar in conductor, but it shows no content at all...

It is very straightforward, but for some reason it doesn't update the music.

Somebody sent me this link: https://aurenderug.wordpress.com/settings/nas-server/ but it didn't help.
    Before the N100 I used a macpro/JRiver setup with no problems at all pointing it to the NAS.

Any help is more than welcome CDLehner
    Music ON / World OFF

I have pointed the conductor app to the NAS, I've added manually the NAS (synology DS411 Slim) inserted user and psw.
    The shared folder is visible within the FOLDERS navigation bar in conductor, but it shows no content at all...

It is very straightforward, but for some reason it doesn't update the music.

Somebody sent me this link: https://aurenderug.wordpress.com/settings/nas-server/ but it didn't help.
    Before the N100 I used a macpro/JRiver setup with no problems at all pointing it to the NAS.

Any help is more than welcome CDLehner
    Yeah, let me look into that for you. If memory serves...I might have had the same problem; and then there was an option, to scan metadata or something.
    CD

Audioshark

There is an option in the Conductor app to renew the library. Have you tried that?

Bluedoor...did you create a username and password; so that the N100H, has permission to access to your Synology NAS?

CD

I bought one two weeks ago and I'm blown away by how much better it sounds than my modified Squeezebox touch. I thought my system sounded great before and I bought the Aurender just to try something new. It's a MASSIVE improvement over the Squeezebox. It's has less grain, better dynamics, lower noise floor...everything you could possibly ask for. I'm so glad I got this thing! It's like hearing my music for the first time again. I couldn't be happier. I'm currently using a Rowland Continuum S2, Schiiit Ygdrasil DAC and Harbeth monitor 30.1 speakers and I couldn't be happier.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffp13 View Post
    I bought one two weeks ago and I'm blown away by how much better it sounds than my modified Squeezebox touch. I thought my system sounded great before and I bought the Aurender just to try something new. It's a MASSIVE improvement over the Squeezebox. It's has less grain, better dynamics, lower noise floor...everything you could possibly ask for. I'm so glad I got this thing! It's like hearing my music for the first time again. I couldn't be happier. I'm currently using a Rowland Continuum S2, Schiiit Ygdrasil DAC and Harbeth monitor 30.1 speakers and I couldn't be happier.
    CD

Hi CDLehner and Mike,

i figured it out, it was a question of permissions on the NAS...
    that problem is solved, now I have another

many of the artwork is missing, are there a simple way to solve this?
    in JRiver all the artwork was in place (and stored along with the music files in each album folder)

thanks for the help.
    Music ON / World OFF

Quote Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post
    Bluedoor...did you create a username and password; so that the N100H, has permission to access to your Synology NAS?
    Hi CDLehner and Mike,

i figured it out, it was a question of permissions on the NAS...
    ^^^ That's kinda where I was pointing ::patting self on back::

...that problem is solved, now I have another

many of the artwork is missing, are there a simple way to solve this?
    in JRiver all the artwork was in place (and stored along with the music files in each album folder)

thanks for the help.
    Bluedoor, here's my (educated) guess: if memory serves, JRiver probably pulls art for you; in other words, it sees a title...and handles meta-data for you. Conductor does not; so the ones you're missing, probably just need to tagged with the cover-art.

Are you familiar with tagging?
    CD

Hum...not really, JRiver did that for me
    i have so little time to listen to music...you know...
    but I'm not completely dummy, eheheh
    which program do you use for tagging?
    Music ON / World OFF

Hum...not really, JRiver did that for me
    i have so little time to listen to music...you know...
    but I'm not completely dummy, eheheh
    which program do you use for tagging?
    I just use, what comes with dBpoweramp; but I'd Google "best tagger to mass tag cover-art", and see what you come up with.

I'd start with one title...make sure that's your issue; then, I think there are ways...to set the tagger, to pull ALL missing art.
    CD

Hi CDLehner,

Can I ask you a question? Which USB cable did you use when you had the Hegel HD12 connected to your Aurender N100H?

I have recently bought the Hegel HD30 which doesn't seem to work with the USB AUDIO port of my Aurender X100L. The Hegel HD30 draws a lot of power and is very picky about USB cables. I've tested 4 USB cables so far, and I've experienced signal loss with all of them at one time or another.

By the way, the Aurender X100L is awesome, excellent sound quality. I just chose it over the N100H because of the data storage size.

Quote Originally Posted by didge70 View Post
    Hi CDLehner,

Can I ask you a question? Which USB cable did you use when you had the Hegel HD12 connected to your Aurender N100H?

I have recently bought the Hegel HD30 which doesn't seem to work with the USB AUDIO port of my Aurender X100L. The Hegel HD30 draws a lot of power and is very picky about USB cables. I've tested 4 USB cables so far, and I've experienced signal loss with all of them at one time or another.

By the way, the Aurender X100L is awesome, excellent sound quality. I just chose it over the N100H because of the data storage size.
    Didge, if memory serves...it was a Wireworld Silver Starlight 7; but I had the N100...not H...when I had the HD12.

Funny...I liked the DAC, but had to move it because it didn't play nice with the N100 (something to do with the driver, and it wouldn't pass my DSD). Now...I think part of that issue, is the N100, having no HD to load a "proprietary" driver on. You shouldn't have that issue, with the X100L.

If you're getting "drop-outs"...the only thing I can think of; is when I had my Auralic Vega. If I set the Femto filter too high (I think it was called 'Exact'); sometimes, the stream would stutter.

Does the HD30, have a Femto clock; and if so, a setting?
    CD

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

The N100 Owners Thread