Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Opening of the new ICOS showroom in Paris

I'm opening a new showroom in central Paris (two really, but I'll talk about the smaller one when it's fully equipped) near the Luxembourg garden.

The launch is March 18, and of course every shark is welcome if they are in Paris at that date, or later. PM me for an invitation.

If anyone needs motivation, we have partnered with the nearby Cave du Sénat for drinks.

The big Dedicace (5-way active system with the patented icoshaedric speakers) will be available there for permanent demo. The Antipodes server and the ICOS CD-player will be our source ; I can feel I will need a (very) decent turntable someday and I'm taking every advice in that department. I'm also expecting a visit of the Lumin importer any day now (and I understand he will have advice in the turntable department as well).

And there's a v0 of the new website, on which comments are welcome: jultort.wix.com/icos
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Manufacturer of
    ICOS Audio, complete active systems, amplifiers, DACs and CD-players

Importer of
    Antipodes Audio music servers and cables

In our Paris showroom, music lovers are welcome to experience the multi-awarded Dedicace, a five-way active system equipped with:
    - Antipodes DX music server
    - Antipodes Audio Kokiri AES cable, Reference InterConnect (2x) and Komako speakers (2.5 pairs)
    - Legato Power Cables (3x)

Re: Opening of the new ICOS showroom in Paris

Félicitations !
    Shindo, Nagra, Electrocompaniet, Harbeth, AMR, Mc Intosh, Auditorium 23, Rega, DeVore, JC Verdier, WireWorld, Kimber

Merci. Feel free to drop by, there will be decent wine.

Here's the view from the window -- I'm very satisfied with it.

Manufacturer of

Importer of

In our Paris showroom, music lovers are welcome to experience the multi-awarded Dedicace, a five-way active system equipped with:
    - Antipodes Audio Kokiri AES cable, Reference InterConnect (2x) and Komako speakers (2.5 pairs)

Merci !
    I will come with pleasure !
    Shindo, Nagra, Electrocompaniet, Harbeth, AMR, Mc Intosh, Auditorium 23, Rega, DeVore, JC Verdier, WireWorld, Kimber

Work in progress...
    Manufacturer of

Importer of

Congratulations! I'll make sure to stop in the next time I visit Paris.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Thanks! Looking forward to it. You can visit us while you visit the latin quarter and the Luxembourg garden ;-)

Took a very long time (setting up the wifi bridge correctly, installing minim server on my Syno, installing the right version of Java to that end, finding out I had all those things to do ; not to mention the year it took the Lumïn importer to finally visit), but at 9pm, I finally got the Lumin to work. I must say my impressions after a few hours are much more favorable than they were at first, where I felt it was like vinyle, but in a bad way (made me sea-sick). Then I'm somewhat disappointed that the DSD performance is so much better than the PCM one on that machine. They could do a better job at PCM. I also found that opening the digital audio output significantly degraded the sound quality. Still, much better right now. Anyway, just my first impressions, the machine stays for a few days and the Antipodes is back tomorrow so there will be face-offs (and use of the Antipodes as NAS...)

On opening day, the menu will include a cheese plater, goose rillettes, saucisson, all to rinse down with Pouilly Fumé or Coteaux du Layon. Not that the music can't be enough, mind you...
    Manufacturer of

Importer of

It went very well -- well, the attendance was much higher than I expected, with many old clients and new curious, so at first I actually struggled to manage everyting at the same time -- door, food, wine, music and conversations. I think many left with sparkles in their eyes. It convinced me of the value:
    1/ Of such a non-hifi, yet professionnal setting, with only one offering (or so, since the Lumin was still lying around)
    2/ That festive events are a good model to bring in, meet new persons and expose them to some of the good sound (a party is still not the ideal environment for attentive music listening)
    3/ Some (locally) famous musicians came and the fact that they were delighted clearly made other interested (and especialy some potential investors).

Anyway, here's the place in its current configuration, waiting for you guys to drop by for hours of music.

I brought the CD-player back and am not regretting it ; I'm still unsure computer audio can actually beat that, especially at the price. Sure it can't stream and I have to get up everytime I want to change the CD, but it sounds very good: singing, natural, rich in detail, balanced...
    Manufacturer of

Importer of

Very nice! I wish I could be there, it looks very relaxing. And those icosahedral speakers look very interesting.
    Main 2ch/HT:Acoustat 2+2,Axiom EP500,Ray Lumley M-100, Bedini BA-803,Threshold T3,JRDG Consumate Phono, Lenco L75, ZYX Universe cart,Oppo BDP 95(transport), Calyx Femto DAC,Bryston BDP-2,Pioneer F-91 tuner,Studer A807 r2r,Consonance d-Linear15 power filter, DVDO Matrix 4x4,Mitsubishi HC-5 projector, Audience Au24e and LectraLine Xe cables,Cullen Power Distribution Box with upgraded cable
    Bedroom 2ch/HT:Tetra 406, Forte model2pre,Forte model3amp,TeacUD503,Faroudja DV1000,PioneerCLD-97 ld player,Thorens TD-146,PioneerTX-9800,Mitsubishi HC5 projector,Tetra Artet cables

Thanks, Albert.

We got two very good reviews for the Antipodes DX in the April issues of the two most influential magazines in France.

Diapason is kinda the French equivalent of Gramophone, focused on classical music with audio pages that are the most influential in the business (which is not to say that they are very influential... definitely much less than they were ten years ago). They compared the Antipodes+ICOS combo to other selected network players and pronounced it "exceptionally neutral and transparent", its "musical sense is remarkable and comes close to the live sound".

Haute-Fidélité is the biggest (bigger, really) hi-fi magazine. They reviewed the DX on its own and found it excellent or exceptional in every department of sound quality:
    - bass are realistic in an analog sounding way, while exceptionally natural and precise
    - this analog like musicality is prolonged in medium, voices have remarkable foundation, are very authentic and a delight to listen to. The combination of electric and acoustic guitars is easily rendered in its every detail and perfect tone
    - treble have both precision and gentleness, they are brilliant. Detail such as the extinction of a cymbal are respected ; there's a lot of air and harmonics, which is very pleasant
    - when it comes to dynamics, the DX is so precise that it's the DAC 's dynamic ability you're listening to ; same with attacks of notes
    - the perceived image is very different from one track to the next, this holographic rendering has no limit, this exemplary stability is heard in all kinds of music
    - same with tonal balance: No effect, no coloration, everything is precise but never aggressive

(I'm translating and paraphrasing)

I'm really bad with those pictures. I swear I did flip them as needed on my computer and they show up normally on it and on my smartphone and tablet. Yet I upload them and that's what they look like:

Manufacturer of

Importer of

And since those things seem to come in batch, here's another review of the Antipodes DX, from Audiostream, this one in English.
    Manufacturer of

Importer of

I see the pics were taken in NZ too. Everything's upside-down down there.

Congrats on the 2 new ventures, must be cool to be you at the mo.

New layout, I'm actually very pleased with it. A visitor, much smarter than I, suggested it, and it also sounds better.
    Manufacturer of

Importer of

And now, the lounge -- this is the second showroom, in a different location, for the smaller (15k) system. This is a very different experience, as it comes with a TV, large couches and, most importantly, high end pizza and great wines. We're already using it for soccer nights (just watching, not playing), soon for live opera nights. And now people can come and listen and be charged for a glass of Viognier.

Our in-house medium-treble speakers (that look like the big ones, only smaller) are not ready yet, so we're partnering with speaker manufacturer Kelinac in the meantime.

Manufacturer of

Importer of

Nice Julien! Great seating and great pizza and tunes (or football) makes a nice evening.
    Avanti Audio

arc sp-11 or ls27 | arc d130 | vpi classic 2 w/periphery ring w/Si3N4 bearing & sapphire thrust plate & 2x jmw 10.5i | phoenix engineering eagle & road runner | ortofon cadenza bronze, miyajima zero mono | sentec eq11 w/ Sylvania 5751 TMBP & CBS 7318 | auditorium a23 | canton ref 9 dc | 2x m&k v125 | oppo bdp-95 | chord qutest | lumin d1 & sbooster | avanti audio vivace cables

Another review of the Antipodes DX, saying it beats the Aurender and Auralic on SQ
    Antipodes Audio DX music server review | DAR
    Manufacturer of

Importer of

The lounge has its Icos speakers. The 2 are a smaller (basket ball sized) version of the 6, with a crossover.

I am always amazed by the difference this shape makes -- truly you can't hear the box and the sound seems to flow freely.

Pizza never sounded that good
    Manufacturer of

Importer of

DSCF6850.JPG

The new showroom isn't as fancy as the first one overlooking the Luxemburg garden ; but it has much better acoustics, sits 25 comfortably, and has no neighbour.

As usual, everybody welcome, including if you'd like to set up an event of your own.
    Manufacturer of

Importer of

We're organizing a "tapeluck" or "music potluck" this Saturday (Sept 29th, 7-11pm in Paris): participants can bring a music of their choice to present to others, 30' max.

PM or email me if you'd like to take part.
    Manufacturer of

Importer of

Quote Originally Posted by Julot View Post
    We're organizing a "tapeluck" or "music potluck" this Saturday (Sept 29th, 7-11pm in Paris): participants can bring a music of their choice to present to others, 30' max.

PM or email me if you'd like to take part.
    "This saturday" is August 29th no ??
    Too bad I saw this a bit late....

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome W View Post
    "This saturday" is August 29th no ??
    Too bad I saw this a bit late....
    We're still there... 07 82 35 43 43
    Manufacturer of

Importer of

Quote Originally Posted by Julot View Post
    We're still there... 07 82 35 43 43
    Sorry I missed your reply !
    Here is my phone for next event : 06 23 09 85 36
    Cheers,
    Jerome

September (yes, real September) events will be:
    - Friday, Sept 4
    - Sunday, Sept 6
    - Friday, Sept 18
    - Sunday, Sept 20
    - Friday, Sept 25
    - Sunday, Sept 27

Programs tbd, suggestions welcome
    Manufacturer of

Importer of

That's tonight:

Friedrich_von_Schiller-Ludwig_van_Beethoven-BEETHO.jpg

We'll listen to the whole thing and also compare a little with Furtwängler, Klemperer, Kegel, Sanderling, Toscanini and Celibidache
    Manufacturer of

Importer of

Flow of awards for the Antipodes DX these days:
    Diason d'Or next month (together with the ICOS Dactablette converter)
    Recommended Component Stereophile 2015 (A+) also in the October 2015 issue
    DarK.O.
    Exciting (excited?) review in Positive Feedback
    Manufacturer of

Importer of

New showroom by République, open Mon-Sat 11am-7pm and by appointment (07 82 35 43 43) at 18, bd Voltaire (Métro Oberkampf).

I'll be setting up a program of concerts, starting on Nov 20th at 8pm with a complete listening of Janowski's recent Rheingold, which I found thrilling:

And then that weekend (21-22) is the Paris Haute-Fidélité show so there will be action all day and cocktails at night.
    Manufacturer of

Importer of

Monday, nov, 30th, 8.30, we start with this:

and then Beethoven's eighth, not sure which yet, thinking very possibly Gielen, Immersel, Thielemann, Muti. Inputs welcome.
    Manufacturer of

Importer of

So, we just booked our Munich 2016 room, along with our buddies from Kelinac, who will present a beefed up version of their spectacular 914Mg floorstanding speakers:

They don't need much current but we will bi-amp them with an ICOS Studio poweramp in its 4x140W configuration (the Studio can be anything from 4 way active filtering to mono block).

And then of course our usual Antipodes DX + Dactablette combo for source.

Are you guys going to Munich this year?
    Manufacturer of

Importer of

We have a nice summer programme at the Paris showroom of Wagner (video) and Celibidache (audio).

To participate: showrooms@icos-audio.com or +33 7 82 35 43 43

Details at facebook.com/systemesicos

Manufacturer of

Importer of

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Opening of the new ICOS showroom in Paris