Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

TAS Review - Soulution 701/711/725

"No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Re: TAS Review - Soulution 701/711/725

Another issue of TAS, and another "best" from JV.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

Do you think I could buy one for the cost of its parts?
    Myles B. Astor, Senior Editor, PF, www.positive-feedback.com
    Zellaton Plural Evo speakers, Doshi Audio EVO phonostage, VPI Avenger direct-drive turntable/VPI 12-inch gimbal Fatboy/vdH Colibri Master Signature/Triangle Art Apollo cartridges, SAT LM-12 tonearms/Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, VPI 12-inch gimballed Carbon Fiber arm/vdh Black Crimson and Sumiko Songbird, Mutech Hayabusa cartridges
    Technics RS1506 reel-to-reel with low inductance Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi Audio EVO tapestage, AudioQuest Dragon Zero, Audience FrontRow, Ensemble PC, Skogrand, Kubala-Sosna Realization speaker cable, Ikigai Kangai speaker cable, SRA Craz 3/OHIO 2.3 platforms and Symposium ISIS/Ultra rack/platforms, Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Myles B. Astor View Post
    Do you think I could buy one for the cost of its parts?
    That retort from JV about the morality of what he is doing compared to other reviewers is bogus and it made me mad.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

The Soulution 7 Series looks and sounds awesome. However, I'm really happy with my 5 Series, which also delivers terrific performance but at a more affordable price relatively speaking.

Ken
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

That retort from JV about the morality of what he is doing compared to other reviewers is bogus and it made me mad.
    Some are more equal than others. A chip off the old HP block.

image.jpg
    Zellaton Plural Evo speakers, Doshi Audio EVO phonostage, VPI Avenger direct-drive turntable/VPI 12-inch gimbal Fatboy/vdH Colibri Master Signature/Triangle Art Apollo cartridges, SAT LM-12 tonearms/Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, VPI 12-inch gimballed Carbon Fiber arm/vdh Black Crimson and Sumiko Songbird, Mutech Hayabusa cartridges
    Technics RS1506 reel-to-reel with low inductance Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi Audio EVO tapestage, AudioQuest Dragon Zero, Audience FrontRow, Ensemble PC, Skogrand, Kubala-Sosna Realization speaker cable, Ikigai Kangai speaker cable, SRA Craz 3/OHIO 2.3 platforms and Symposium ISIS/Ultra rack/platforms, Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC.

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    Making you mad would put the biggest kind of smile on JV face. Just saying. A new wonder product never before seen or heard till crowned by _______ a Absolute Sound legacy a tradition a right the way it is . Do not fight City hall.
    Lyra Atlas, tri-planner, clear audio statement, Burmester 100, Ayre KXR20, Ayre MXR20, Ayre DX5, Adept Response line conditioner, Ayre signature interconnects, Cardas clear power cables,cardas clear speaker cables and Martin Logan CLX with Decenti subs with Cardas hex link.
    Not in use Infinity QLS and Ohm F

Quote Originally Posted by Garth View Post
    Making you mad would put the biggest kind of smile on JV face. Just saying. A new wonder product never before seen or heard till crowned by _______ a Absolute Sound legacy a tradition a right the way it is . Do not fight City hall.
    Are we discussing the sonic virtues of the 700 series or the TAS coronation process?

Garth, I would love to hear your CLX's in my system. I heard them on one occasion playing a piano piece and I could have sworn I heard the foot pedals and key shanks moving in the background. That's how revealing the CLX's were to me. Very nice.
    Le Roy

Austin, Tx : Soulution 520 preamp, 501 mono blocks, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D3.1, Lumin U1, Uptone Audio Modded Mac Mini w/ MMK fanless kit & JS-2 LPS, Regen, Ansuz DTC loom (complete), Oppo 105D, QNAP TS-451+

Chicagoland : Soulution 725 preamp, 711 stereo amp, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D5.1, Naim UnitiServe 2TB, Aurender W-20 Ansuz DTC later generation wire, Teac X1000 R2R, QNAP TS-451+

Foundation:
    Raidho Rack system, Ansuz DTC Mainz8, Ansuz (2) Supreme Mainz D8 Distribution, 20 amp dedicated outlets via subpanel

Audioshark

I think your return to ML is inevitable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
    Are we discussing the sonic virtues of the 700 series or the TAS coronation process?

Garth, I would love to hear your CLX's in my system. I heard them on one occasion playing a piano piece and I could have sworn I heard the foot pedals and key shanks moving in the background. That's how revealing the CLX's were to me. Very nice.
    They are one and the same in this case, unfortunately, Le Roy.

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post

I have not heard the the Soulution gear in my system . Cyril Hammer of Soulution did answer any email I sent and was very helpful . In the end the importer was not willing to loan out a phono stage. Burmester was so was Naim that was how I got a Burmester 100. The Soulution may be as good or better but I never got to hear it.
    The CLXs are a lot of bang for your buck not perfect but what they get right is really good. A hard speaker to get set up right very rewarding when it all comes together . I have had them a few years now and they still are a wonder at how good they can sound.
    Lyra Atlas, tri-planner, clear audio statement, Burmester 100, Ayre KXR20, Ayre MXR20, Ayre DX5, Adept Response line conditioner, Ayre signature interconnects, Cardas clear power cables,cardas clear speaker cables and Martin Logan CLX with Decenti subs with Cardas hex link.
    Not in use Infinity QLS and Ohm F

Personal politics or feelings aside, I'm glad JV comments on things he has actually heard, unlike other "reviewers".
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by VT Skier View Post
    Personal politics or feelings aside, I'm glad JV comments on things he has actually heard, unlike other "reviewers".
    That statement has me baffled.

That statement has me baffled.
    Me too. Some examples are in order.

Other than JV's often made declarations that this is the best component he's ever heard, for the most part I enjoy reading his reviews. He goes into a lot of background detail about the product (i.e. psychoacoustics on the Raidho D5 and localized negative feedback and SMPS on the Soulution 5 and 7 Series). He also compares the component he's reviewing to other components he's reviewed in the past. Some other reviewers refuse to do that for fear of offending their advertisers. Overall I'm glad JV writes for TAS and I will continue reading his reviews.

Ken

Audioshark

I think the point is, not whether Soulution 701's are world class amplifiers, but rather the constant self pontification by JV. It seems every month he has a new "best". Why not just say it's damn good as nothing can ever be "best" given all the variables of a system?

And yes, I'm a huge Soulution fan. And yes, they are my favorite AB amps, but others could certainly make an argument for Dart or other fabulous AB amps.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I think the point is, not whether Soulution 701's are world class amplifiers, but rather the constant self pontification by JV. It seems every month he has a new "best". Why not just say it's damn good as nothing can ever be "best" given all the variables of a system?

And yes, I'm a huge Soulution fan. And yes, they are my favorite AB amps, but others could certainly make an argument for Dart or other fabulous AB amps.

+1

What I think got people cross though was JV's rationalization about why he is entitled to long term loans.

Audioshark

+1

What I think got people cross though was JV's rationalization about why he is entitled to long term loans.
    Don't get me started...

He thinks he's the new HP. Ha!

+1

Myles,

Thanks for that clarification!

Ken

Your aping of others' comments on Raidho is one example.
    Jon

I didn't ape anything my friend. Nor did you manage to, it seems, grasp the intent of his comments.

Oh and yes, I did hear the speakers under discussion but why let facts get in the way of a good story. And as a matter of fact, I reserve my comments to gear that I have heard. Have you heard the speakers?

Did you mean me or Myles? Either way, what is wrong with commenting on the obvious difficulties expressed by numerous owners who have pulled their hair out trying to set up Raidho speakers in their system/room? Should we pretend these problems don't exist and refrain from commenting on the travails of others? You don't need to be burned to death in order to understand that it's not a pleasant way to die.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team