Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Robert Koda Takumi K-15 + Takumi K-70

Meantime in Our demo room - Robert Koda Takumi K-15 + Takumi K-70 unboxing

Attached Images Attached Images
    Marcin

I would love to hear those Koda amps.
    Kinda funny that there is a typo on the fragile stickers on the shipping boxes - insturment

Super Moderator

Re: Robert Koda Takumi K-15 + Takumi K-70

Wow! Just beautiful gear. The room is stunning too.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

THnX ;-)
    Marcin

Beautiful equipment! I like the style and build quality.
    George
    -----------------------

Aurender ACS10 Music Server > Holo Audio May KTE R2R Ladder DAC > Pass Labs XP-30 Preamp > Pass Labs XA160.5 Class A Mono Blocks > Martin Logan Renaissance ELS 15A Speakers

Powered By 2X BPT 3.5 Signature Plus Ultra Isolators | Shunyata Research Hydra Triton + Typhon | Shunyata Hydra 2 Power Conditioner

Beautiful setup! What is MSRP in US$?

Quote Originally Posted by arthurs View Post
    Beautiful setup! What is MSRP in US$?
    I have no idea, but US Dealer should know ;-)
    Marcin

Quote Originally Posted by SoundRebels View Post
    I have no idea, but US Dealer should know ;-)
    They are elusive

Small upgrade in Our system ;-) - Polish open baffle loudspeaker - Ardento Alter 2

Attached Images Attached Images
    Marcin

OMG, beautiful gear!! Congrats!

Allen

That is an incredible acquisition of ultra high-end equipment. I read the K-15 pre retails for $30kUSD. I don't know the number for the amps. Thanks for sharing.
    Magico M2
    AMG V12 (Teatro cart)
    Lampizator Atlantic Plus DSD512
    Aesthetix Calypso Signature Preamp
    Luxman C-900u Preamp
    Auorasound VIDA (phono-stage)
    Parasound JC 1+ monos
    Aurender N100h
    Nordost Frey 2
    HRS, Rix Rax

Takumi K-15: 55 000 $
    Takumi K-70 Gen II: 60 000 $
    Marcin

Quote Originally Posted by SoundRebels View Post
    Takumi K-15: 55 000 $
    Takumi K-70 Gen II: 60 000 $
    Any experience with the K-15EX ?

Beautiful gear, I always wanted to have a listen! Let us know how it sounds.
    Joe

Main: Jay's Audio CDT2mk.2 transport & Audio Mirror tubadour III SE DAC, Lyra Kleos SL Cartridge, VPI Classic III with 3D tone arm, K&K Audio premium maxxed-out phonostage, Supratek Sauvignon (highly modded) Tube preamp, Coincident Speaker Tech 300b Frankenstein mk.2 mono blocks, First Watt SIT-3 amp, Horning Eufrodite Ellipse speakers, PurePower 1500+,PI Audio DigiBuss

Quote Originally Posted by jbtrio View Post
    Beautiful gear, I always wanted to have a listen! Let us know how it sounds.
    I would love to but there is no distributor in my country that's why i'm asking if there is any Koda K-15 owner on this forum.

Hi,

Not an owner but had extensive listening to 15 and 70 this spring. Pre 15EX is amazing but I am not sure about the 70 power which to me was lacking in power/dynamics/kick (which I prefer), though this may just be its signature. Anyway I read that there is a new power amp in the making.
    All in all everything flows so naturally and effortless, with real hight, width and depth, separation of instruments and amazing timbre. It took some time to adjust to the signature of reproduction as it is so anti hifi parameters.
    Of the speakers I listened to I believe the power amps prefer efficient speakers and in my listening case a pair of Cessaro gave the impression of 'being there' which very few set ups I've listened to could compete with.

Mike
    Main system: Aavik Acoustics U-300 (upgraded internals), Accuphase C47 + TechDAS AF V Premium + Kuzma 4P11" Gemstone/Kondo silver + Ortofon Diamond, Naim streamer SSD + TAD DA-1000 DAC, Sonus Faber Stradivari 35 Anniversary, mostly full cable loom Ansuz Acoustics, D and own silver constructions on signal side, Mainz DTC/D2 + Mainz8 D-TC power distributor. All individual equipment and cables rest on Ansuz Acoustics Darkz DTC (Tungsten balls). Dedicated mains supply (Audience Conductor) with Klangmodule fuse system and Furutech receptacles. Other systems: Collection of Sonus Faber classics (Franco S design), tube gear and transistor designs, CD-transports and players, turntables and collection of cables

I had the Robert Koda K15 and upgraded it to the K15-EX. The cases are basically identical, and the fit and finish is top notch for both.

But the K15-EX is a significant improvement over the K15 in a number of ways including richness, upper end extension, musicality, dynamics, coherence and realism to name a few.

There has been unanimous consent among those who have heard the K15EX in my room, with both Magico Q7mkIIs and Aries Cerat Symphonias, that the K15-EX is simply an amazing sounding preamp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rockport Lyra speakers; TotalDac Amp-1 mono blocks; four box CH Precision L1/X1 pre/power supply monos; CH precision P1/X1 phono/power supply; TotalDac d1-driver monos; Pacific Microsonics Model 2 DAC; TotalDac d1-12 MkII DAC with two reclockers; Kodo The Beat Turnatable with LT Schroder magnesium tonearm and Lyra Atlas cart; Taiko Extreme server; Kalista Dreamplayer CD Transport; Taiko Audio Daiza Platforms; Nordost Odin2 Power Cords and Analog ICs; 512 Engineering/Tim Marutani Balanced Transformers (30 amp for sources; 50 amp for amps); Rives designed dedicated room.

Quote Originally Posted by cmarin View Post
    I had the Robert Koda K15 and upgraded it to the K15-EX. The cases are basically identical, and the fit and finish is top notch for both.

But the K15-EX is a significant improvement over the K15 in a number of ways including richness, upper end extension, musicality, dynamics, coherence and realism to name a few.

There has been unanimous consent among those who have heard the K15EX in my room, with both Magico Q7mkIIs and Aries Cerat Symphonias, that the K15-EX is simply an amazing sounding preamp.

What are you using for a power amp or amps...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob181 View Post
    What are you using for a power amp or amps...
    VAC Statement 450iQ monos.

I’ve also used the Koda with Audio Note Kondo Kagura monos. Robert Koch, the founder of Robert Koda LLC, worked for Audio Note Japan (Kondo) for years until after the death of Mr. Hiroyasu Kondo in 2006. So there’s a special synergy with the Kaguras.

Rockport Lyra speakers; TotalDac Amp-1 mono blocks; four box CH Precision L1/X1 pre/power supply monos; CH precision P1/X1 phono/power supply; TotalDac d1-driver monos; Pacific Microsonics Model 2 DAC; TotalDac d1-12 MkII DAC with two reclockers; Kodo The Beat Turnatable with LT Schroder magnesium tonearm and Lyra Atlas cart; Taiko Extreme server; Kalista Dreamplayer CD Transport; Taiko Audio Daiza Platforms; Nordost Odin2 Power Cords and Analog ICs; 512 Engineering/Tim Marutani Balanced Transformers (30 amp for sources; 50 amp for amps); Rives designed dedicated room.

Any idea how K-15 would pair with a beefy SS amp like Gryphon Antileon Evo or CH Precision M1 stereo ?

Do you have both Magico Q7 and Symphonia? How do they compare?

Quote Originally Posted by Thieliste View Post
    Any idea how K-15 would pair with a beefy SS amp like Gryphon Antileon Evo or CH Precision M1 stereo ?
    I had the K15-EX with Soulution 701 monos (which I would venture to say would fall under your beefy SA amp definition) and it was a wonderful pairing.

I had the K15-EX with Soulution 701 monos (which I would venture to say would fall under your beefy SA amp definition) and it was a wonderful pairing.

Great thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Adyc View Post
    Do you have both Magico Q7 and Symphonia? How do they compare?
    They’re both great speakers. The Q7mkIIs have deeper bass extension and definition. I found the Symphonias to have greater presence and dynamics.

Of course it comes down to equipment synergies, room interactions and personal preferences.

I ended up selling the Q7s and am evaluating the Symphonias under an extended demo.

Why didn't you keep your K15-EX ? and what preamp did you replace it with ?

Why didn't you keep your K15-EX ? and what preamp did you replace it with ?
    Thieliste,

Actually still have several preamps including the K15-EX, a Kondo M1000 MkII, plus a four box CH Precision L1 (left mono, right mono, left mono power supply and right mono power supply). Choices...Choices. But having to face trimming the herd

Thieliste,

Actually still have several preamps including the K15-EX, a Kondo M1000 MkII, plus a four box CH Precision L1 (left mono, right mono, left mono power supply and right mono power supply). Choices...Choices. But having to face trimming the herd

Oh my...what a tough decision you face in the near future...

Thieliste,

Wow that's a very impressive preamp collection you got there
    I'm actually considering CH Precision L1+X1+M1 stereo but also other options like Koda K15-EX + d'Agostino Momentum S250 or even Gryphon Pandora + Antileon Evo stereo.
    I like the upgradability path of CH Precision.
    Difficult choice

Wow that's a very impressive preamp collection you got there
    I'm actually considering CH Precision L1+X1+M1 stereo but also other options like Koda K15-EX + d'Agostino Momentum S250 or even Gryphon Pandora + Antileon Evo stereo.
    I like the upgradability path of CH Precision.
    Difficult choice
    Seemed to me Aries Cerat and Dart was on the list, but now it seems they are of the list...
    LS: Vienna Acoustics Klimt "The Music"
    PowerAmp: Nagra VPA
    PreAmp: Tobian Soundsystems SC12
    DAC: LampizatOr Horizon
    Server: LDMS Maximus Music Server
    CDT: CH Precison D1
    Switch: Edison Creation Silent OCXO Extreme, FiberBox
    Power: LampizatOr Kraftwerk 10
    Cabling: Signal Projects loom

Quote Originally Posted by Golum View Post
    Seemed to me Aries Cerat and Dart was on the list, but now it seems they are of the list...
    The Aries Cerat and Ypsilon are still on the list yes as a less expensive option, the Dart won't be able to drive my speakers so i have to let this one down.

The Aries Cerat and Ypsilon are still on the list yes as a less expensive option, the Dart won't be able to drive my speakers so i have to let this one down.
    Would you please explain why you believe that to be the case...

Would you please explain why you believe that to be the case...
    My speakers impedance spends most of the time between 2.4 and 3 ohms therefore i don't believe the Dart 108 model 2 will have a solid grip in the bass region, and at this level of price i'm not ready to make a mistake.
    If someone can prove me the contrary than why not.

My speakers impedance spends most of the time between 2.4 and 3 ohms therefore i don't believe the Dart 108 model 2 will have a solid grip in the bass region, and at this level of price i'm not ready to make a mistake.
    If someone can prove me the contrary than why not.
    Recommend you read the spec's...& check with Herve direct...
    The Dart has a switch to change from high impedance to low impedance...
    Now if this was an Esoteric A03...that would be the correct decision...
    But not with the Dart...I own one & an Esotoric A03...
    Each bought specifically to impedance match between pre & power amps...
    And matched to specific speakers...but what would I know...

I apologize to OP for asking question outside of Koda topic.
    Maybe you explained somewhere else but I obviously missed it - what is the logic/reason behind plugging in 80/90k in top of the line electronics and keeping the "quite" old speakers (which you undoubtedly love)? Did not hear any better ones, room restriction, etc.?

Thanks!

Recommend you read the spec's...& check with Herve direct...
    The Dart has a switch to change from high impedance to low impedance...
    Now if this was an Esoteric A03...that would be the correct decision...
    But not with the Dart...I own one & an Esotoric A03...
    Each bought specifically to impedance match between pre & power amps...
    And matched to specific speakers...but what would I know...
    Rob181 thanks for your input, i will meet Herve at his factory on the 24th so il will ask him about difficult load speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Golum View Post
    I apologize to OP for asking question outside of Koda topic.
    Maybe you explained somewhere else but I obviously missed it - what is the logic/reason behind plugging in 80/90k in top of the line electronics and keeping the "quite" old speakers (which you undoubtedly love)? Did not hear any better ones, room restriction, etc.?

Thanks!
    Golum i've been a Thiel fan for the past 22 years, owned several models from Jim up to the 3.7s in 2014 which was my dream speakers.
    Unfortunately i've never had the budget to push them to their limits, only had modest integrated.
    Now that i know i will finally have a nice budget to build a new rig i will realize my dream.
    I have demoed many very high en speakers in the past couple of years like, Magico, Wilson Audio, Marten, Karma, Wilson Benesch, Raidho Acoustics and others and i don't feel that you get what tou pay for.
    With my modest Thiels i get much much more than what i paid for, they can outperform many 30K+ speakers.
    Just my opinion.

Golum i've been a Thiel fan for the past 22 years, owned several models from Jim up to the 3.7s in 2014 which was my dream speakers.
    Unfortunately i've never had the budget to push them to their limits, only had modest integrated.
    Now that i know i will finally have a nice budget to build a new rig i will realize my dream.
    I have demoed many very high en speakers in the past couple of years like, Magico, Wilson Audio, Marten, Karma, Wilson Benesch, Raidho Acoustics and others and i don't feel that you get what tou pay for.
    With my modest Thiels i get much much more than what i paid for, they can outperform many 30K+ speakers.
    Just my opinion.
    Thanks and good luck with your quest!

Rob181 thanks for your input, i will meet Herve at his factory on the 24th so il will ask him about difficult load speakers.
    Great...really looking forward to what Herve says...I have found him an absolute gentleman...
    It may well be the Dart is not a good match for the Thiels...best to get the info from the man as you are doing...
    Please let us know how your meeting with Herve went...

Great...really looking forward to what Herve says...I have found him an absolute gentleman...
    It may well be the Dart is not a good match for the Thiels...best to get the info from the man as you are doing...
    Please let us know how your meeting with Herve went...
    I will be demoing the NHB-18NS NHB-108 model 2 combo at his factory.
    What kind of speakers do you drive with your 108 ?

I will be demoing the NHB-18NS NHB-108 model 2 combo at his factory.
    What kind of speakers do you drive with your 108 ?
    None at the moment...I am temporarily in a house with no room...
    A mate is using them...he is on this thread...
    Check out BZR's photo in the Question for M3 Turbo S Owners thread...
    Both the Darts & Esoteric are mine...
    Say Hi to Herve for me...tell him you have been chatting with Rob from Australia...
    I bought my 108 from Serge...who is related to Herve...
    Serge gave it to Herve who upgraded the amp to the very latest spec....

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team