Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Somebody Here is a True Pet Lover!

Myles B. Astor, Senior Editor, PF, www.positive-feedback.com
    Zellaton Plural Evo speakers, Goldmund Telos 1000 Nextgen mono amplifiers, Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier, Doshi Audio EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostages, VPI Avenger direct-drive turntable/VPI 12-inch gimbal Fatboy/vdH Colibri Master Signature/Triangle Art Apollo cartridges, SAT LM-12 tonearms/Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, VPI 12-inch gimballed Carbon Fiber arm/vdh Black Crimson and Sumiko Songbird, Mutech Hayabusa cartridges
    Technics RS1506 reel-to-reel with low inductance Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi Audio EVO tapestage, AudioQuest Dragon Zero, Audience FrontRow, Ensemble PC, Skogrand, Kubala-Sosna Realization speaker cable, Ikigai Kangai speaker cable, SRA Craz 3/OHIO 2.3 platforms and Symposium ISIS/Ultra rack/platforms, Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC.

Audioshark

Re: Somebody Here is a True Pet Lover!

Ha! That's one expensive cat condo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

If that was my table, I'd chuck a mental!

Speakeasy

Pets are fine. If my did that, it would only happen ONCE.
    Listening Room: McIntosh C46, MEN220, MCD500, MR78-Modafferi modified, MPI4, MC602 (2), Pass Labs XVR1 (three-way), tri-amplified Infinity IRS Series V, TailTwister T2X rotator, AtlasSound FMA Rack, dedicated electrical sub-panel, NO TV!

Living Room: McIntosh C28, MC2300, Revox B226, Tascam CD355, Thorens TD125 MKII w/vacuum platter, Rabco SL-8E, Grace F9-E, McIntosh ML-2C (2) & ML-1C (4) stacked, MQ-107, SAE 2800, Nakamichi Dragon, Tandberg 64X, JL Audio f113 (2), NO TV!

Deleted
    Zellaton Plural Evo speakers, Goldmund Telos 1000 Nextgen mono amplifiers, Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier, Doshi Audio EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostages, VPI Avenger direct-drive turntable/VPI 12-inch gimbal Fatboy/vdH Colibri Master Signature/Triangle Art Apollo cartridges, SAT LM-12 tonearms/Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, VPI 12-inch gimballed Carbon Fiber arm/vdh Black Crimson and Sumiko Songbird, Mutech Hayabusa cartridges
    Technics RS1506 reel-to-reel with low inductance Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi Audio EVO tapestage, AudioQuest Dragon Zero, Audience FrontRow, Ensemble PC, Skogrand, Kubala-Sosna Realization speaker cable, Ikigai Kangai speaker cable, SRA Craz 3/OHIO 2.3 platforms and Symposium ISIS/Ultra rack/platforms, Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC.

Better to sit on your turntable than drink your beer.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Cute! At least she's not sitting on the platter. I have a Thorens TD-146 (not in the same league as your beautiful table) in my bedroom system that one of my cats likes to sleep on at night. I gave up shooing her off of it and just put a cloth on the dust cover. She hasn't damaged anything so I guess it's alright.

She doesn't go on my Lenco L-75 in my main system or tried to claw my Acoustats. I guess me jumping in the air and waving my arms like a madman may have had something to do with that.
    Main 2ch/HT:Acoustat 2+2,Axiom EP500,Ray Lumley M-100, Bedini BA-803,Threshold T3,JRDG Consumate Phono, Lenco L75, ZYX Universe cart,Oppo BDP 95(transport), Calyx Femto DAC,Bryston BDP-2,Pioneer F-91 tuner,Studer A807 r2r,Consonance d-Linear15 power filter, DVDO Matrix 4x4,Mitsubishi HC-5 projector, Audience Au24e and LectraLine Xe cables,Cullen Power Distribution Box with upgraded cable
    Bedroom 2ch/HT:Tetra 406, Forte model2pre,Forte model3amp,TeacUD503,Faroudja DV1000,PioneerCLD-97 ld player,Thorens TD-146,PioneerTX-9800,Mitsubishi HC5 projector,Tetra Artet cables

Gee I wonder who's cat that is.
    Lyra Atlas, tri-planner, clear audio statement, Burmester 100, Ayre KXR20, Ayre MXR20, Ayre DX5, Adept Response line conditioner, Ayre signature interconnects, Cardas clear power cables,cardas clear speaker cables and Martin Logan CLX with Decenti subs with Cardas hex link.
    Not in use Infinity QLS and Ohm F

Quote Originally Posted by Garth View Post
    Gee I wonder who's cat that is.
    I'll never tell!

But I thought it was adorable. And Ronan is a handsome Bengal!

The back story on the pic shown is as follows. This was the only time the cats have gone near the table. Ronin the cat in the pic was a 4 year old stud cat with 8 females who lived his whole life in a pen. I bought him as a retired stud when I brought him home he smelled so bad from the kennel or the 3 hour car ride home I bathed him in a sink. Scared as he could be and towel tried he hid in the legs of the table. It took months for him to get use to the big rooms no pen and he had had only water and dry food his whole life. We have always feed raw food it took awhile but he calmed down and likes his new life. When the photo was taken he had only been in the house an hour or 2. He is a big fan of cream and tuna , chicken or what ever is on my plate. Still very timid of the out doors. Bengals are a cross with wild cats Ronin is 7 generations from the wild. He is 20 pounds big cat. Both cats leave the audio alone so far.
    Lyra Atlas, tri-planner, clear audio statement, Burmester 100, Ayre KXR20, Ayre MXR20, Ayre DX5, Adept Response line conditioner, Ayre signature interconnects, Cardas clear power cables,cardas clear speaker cables and Martin Logan CLX with Decenti subs with Cardas hex link.
    Not in use Infinity QLS and Ohm F

You're a good man Garth. I recently brought home a female Tabby kitten from work that someone had dumped in our parking lot. She has paired up with a male Tabby kitten that my wife got to replace her beloved cat that had leukemia and passed away at a very early age. The two kittens have paired up now and they are hell raisers. I refer to them as Frick and Frack. Here they are in quiet moment:

Thankfully my stereo room is in another part of the house that is off limits to our cats and dogs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Garth View Post
    The back story on the pic shown is as follows. This was the only time the cats have gone near the table. Ronin the cat in the pic was a 4 year old stud cat with 8 females who lived his whole life in a pen. I bought him as a retired stud when I brought him home he smelled so bad from the kennel or the 3 hour car ride home I bathed him in a sink. Scared as he could be and towel tried he hid in the legs of the table. It took months for him to get use to the big rooms no pen and he had had only water and dry food his whole life. We have always feed raw food it took awhile but he calmed down and likes his new life. When the photo was taken he had only been in the house an hour or 2. He is a big fan of cream and tuna , chicken or what ever is on my plate. Still very timid of the out doors. Bengals are a cross with wild cats Ronin is 7 generations from the wild. He is 20 pounds big cat. Both cats leave the audio alone so far.
    It's idiots like that who sadly give breeders a bad name.

I saved a couple kittens last year as well. They were living in my garage during the cold winter. They had a heat lamp on 24 hours a day and a styrofoam box with blankets to sleep in. Even so I thought it was too cold for them so I brought them in and slowly introduced them to my other two cats. Here is Misty and Cinnamon relaxing with one of the older cats Rocky.
    Main 2ch/HT:Acoustat 2+2,Axiom EP500,Ray Lumley M-100, Bedini BA-803,Threshold T3,JRDG Consumate Phono, Lenco L75, ZYX Universe cart,Oppo BDP 95(transport), Calyx Femto DAC,Bryston BDP-2,Pioneer F-91 tuner,Studer A807 r2r,Consonance d-Linear15 power filter, DVDO Matrix 4x4,Mitsubishi HC-5 projector, Audience Au24e and LectraLine Xe cables,Cullen Power Distribution Box with upgraded cable
    Bedroom 2ch/HT:Tetra 406, Forte model2pre,Forte model3amp,TeacUD503,Faroudja DV1000,PioneerCLD-97 ld player,Thorens TD-146,PioneerTX-9800,Mitsubishi HC5 projector,Tetra Artet cables

That's adorable!

OK, I confess: I laughed out loud when I saw the pic.
    Harbeth C7ES-3/30 • Pass Labs XA30.5 • McIntosh C220 • Modwright/Sony SCD-XA5400ES • VPI Scout+ADS/JMW-9/Nagaoka MP-500
    "[N]ot everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." -William Bruce Cameron
    "Measurements do not lie, but neither do they tell the whole truth." -John Atkinson

I completely understand.

mauidan

Good one!LOL

This is the closest he's allowed to anything audio.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

2 Channel: Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE, Wyred 4 Sound DAC-2, Manley Mahi Monoblocks, DIY SEOS Waveguide/Dipole Bass Towers
    HT: Marantz AV7005, Wyred 4 MMC5, DIY SEOS Towers, DIY 7CF Sealed 18" Subs
    PC: Wyred 4 Sound mINT, KEF Q100, Hifiman HE-6

Nice bird!

I am sypathetic to animal rescue no matter the species despite not being a cat lover. So, you are noble and tolerant cat lovers.

I'm a dog guy, each to their own. I had Jack, an English Staffordshire Bull Terrier for 15 years. He was exclusively an indoor dog who earned his right by following house rules precisely as governed by the Gestapo.

He got great enjoyment out of listening and loved Jazz music. Our new pup Kek of the same breed is learning the same. He is starting out to be a HT buff, and loves the visual impact.

I put the R2R on yesterday and he was attentively gobsmacked by the music, likely hearing frequencies well beyond my listening capability. His reactions and head tilting was very entertaining to watch.

Speakeasy

I have 4 dogs plus 4 cats. I have to keep reminding my wife that the inn is full because she thinks we can rescue all of the animals that need homes.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    I saved a couple kittens last year as well. They were living in my garage during the cold winter. They had a heat lamp on 24 hours a day and a styrofoam box with blankets to sleep in. Even so I thought it was too cold for them so I brought them in and slowly introduced them to my other two cats. Here is Misty and Cinnamon relaxing with one of the older cats Rocky.
    awesome!
    System 1: Matrix Element M -> Sugden A21se -> Klipsch Cornwall 3.

System 2: Matrix Element X -> Exposure 3510 -> Heco Direkt.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Somebody Here is a True Pet Lover!