Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Luxman at CES 2015

Philip O'Hanlon had one of the nicer/nicest sound at CES. I attended a Vivid Audio/Mola Mola training session, got to hear the Vivid B1 with Luxman M700u power amp/D06u CD/SACD player and C700u preamp. The sound was really good. Imaging completely detached from the speakers. Bass was deep and powerful down to about 30s or so. Listened before the training started. The G3 was also on display but did not get a chance to hear it this time. Based on the B1, I would expect it to be a seriously good speaker. Luxman electronics look amazing, and must sound wonderful if the demo is anything to go by.

Picture of the G3 with the Kaluga amps from Mola Mola.

Luxman turntable. $6,400 USD with arm.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Industry disclaimer: I am a dealer of D'Agostino Electronics, Wilson Audio, McIntosh, Devialet, KEF, Magnepan, Martin Logan, Wadia PMC, Nordost, VPI, Spatial speakers, Audeze, Wyred 4 Sound etc, so anything I say related to Audio/Video is most likely biased...not that there's anything wrong with that!

https://www.facebook.com/audioexcellencecanada

Re: Luxman at CES 2015

The Luxman electronics are superb in both their sonic performance and build quality. I purchased their new flagship model C-900u control amplifier (linestage preamp) several months ago. It transformed my setup beyond my greatest expectations and demonstrated the importance of the preamp as truly being the heart of a high performance system. You can see some of my impressions documented here, which also contains a link to a review from Soundstage. They have since credited it with their Recommended Reference Component award.

Audioshark

Luxman gear sounds great. I love my 600 amp and preamp. Very rich and musical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Hi.
    Any of you have any news related to music server Luxman?

Welcome transaminase! I didn't see one at the show
    Industry disclaimer: I am a dealer of D'Agostino Electronics, Wilson Audio, McIntosh, Devialet, KEF, Magnepan, Martin Logan, Wadia PMC, Nordost, VPI, Spatial speakers, Audeze, Wyred 4 Sound etc, so anything I say related to Audio/Video is most likely biased...not that there's anything wrong with that!

Thanks for the information.
    Currently I am a happy owner of the integrated Luxman L590AX and dac Luxman DA-06 (with which I play the 802diamond). I miss only the source (music-server / streamer) and I would love it the same brand. It 's very strange that you do not decide to produce one. Even Accuphase is still sleeping.

I read in your first post in this thread where you wrote that you had the good fortune to hear the Luxman C700U + M700U.
    To know the integrated Luxman L590AX? If so, could you tell me the differences in performance compared to the 700? The latter have a sound that is very different from the soft and refined from A typical class of 590? And the yield at low volume?

I am not a dealer for Luxman, and I am not familiar with the rest of the line. Sorry I cannot give you any feedback regarding the sonic comparisons. I have invited the US Distributor, Philip O'Hanlon, to join and perhaps give you his thoughts.

A response from Philip of Oneahighernote would make me a great pleasure!
    THANKS!

Luxman are working on a music server to compliment their DACs but we do not have any idea as to when they will be completed. Reminds me when they first mentioned their turntable development, every year I would ask how it was coming along & they said: "Its coming along well" but still took them three years after I first asked them before they were happy with the results - PD-171 / PD-171AL and now the PD-171A. We used such a turntable with a SoundSmith Hyperion cartridge & were delighted with the results.
    Industry Disclaimer: I am the N.American importer / distributor for Eclipse TD, Luxman, Mola-Mola & Vivid Audio. So I openly admit to having my own personal preferences as regards music & sonics.

Welcome Philip

Thanks Adrian; great seeing you again last week.
    Industry Disclaimer: I am the N.American importer / distributor for Eclipse TD, Luxman, Mola-Mola & Vivid Audio. So I openly admit to having my own personal preferences as regards music & sonics.

Thanks for the reply.
    You gave me some bad news ...
    We will wait ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian View Post
    Thanks Adrian; great seeing you again last week.
    My pleasure entirely.

If any of you ever get the chance to visit one of Philip's (On a Higher Note) rooms, do so. He always gets great sound and his choice of music is fabulous

Are you considering Vivid Adrian? Really really nice speakers.

Acoustical Systems, AMG, Aqua Acoustic Quality, Audeze, Audio Desk, Audible illusions, Audioquest, Aurender, Bryston, CH Precision, Chord Electronics, Constellation Audio, Dynaudiol, Fyne Audio, Grado labs, Ikeda, JL Audio, Kondo, Kronos, Kubala Sosna, Lumin, Luxman, Lyra, Magico, Nordost, PS Audio, Roon, Shunyata, SME, Sugden, Tenor, Tannoy, Vertere, VPI and ZYX.

www.audiobymarkjones.ca

Ah I see Philip is here too, sorry, Hi Philip welcome to the Shark. Vivid - I guess I'll leave that up to you two to discuss.

Acoustical Systems, AMG, Aqua Acoustic Quality, Audeze, Audio Desk, Audible illusions, Audioquest, Aurender, Bryston, CH Precision, Chord Electronics, Constellation Audio, Dynaudiol, Fyne Audio, Grado labs, Ikeda, JL Audio, Kondo, Kronos, Kubala Sosna, Lumin, Luxman, Lyra, Magico, Nordost, PS Audio, Roon, Shunyata, SME, Sugden, Tenor, Tannoy, Vertere, VPI and ZYX.

www.audiobymarkjones.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Jones View Post
    Are you considering Vivid Adrian? Really really nice speakers.
    Absolutely lovely speakers sonically and technically. Laurence Dickie, the designer, gave a very enlightening talk about how the speakers came to be. Even showed a very interesting graph of his tweeter measurement vs a Diamond version. Vivid's tweeter had far less distortion over the output range compared to the diamond, though the diamond went higher in frequency.

Just ordered a Luxman L-550AX to pair with my Guarneri Evolutions.
    Have not yet heard one... Anxious, hopeful and a bit nervous. Anyone else have any first hand experience with this amplifier? Also ordered a Sumiko Blackbird to use on a VPI Classic into the Luxmans phono stage.

Sound transparency Luxman goes well with the softness of the sound Sonus Faber!

Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post
    The Luxman electronics are superb in both their sonic performance and build quality. I purchased their new flagship model C-900u control amplifier (linestage preamp) several months ago. It transformed my setup beyond my greatest expectations and demonstrated the importance of the preamp as truly being the heart of a high performance system. You can see some of my impressions documented here, which also contains a link to a review from Soundstage. They have since credited it with their Recommended Reference Component award.
    Great post and link - thanks

I like the sound class A and at this time I am considering buying the Luxman C800F + M800A, but I am sure that the class AB C900U + M900U are fantastic too.
    Rockport Atria mk2, Gryphon Pandora + Antileon Evo Stereo, Esoteric N01XD, Mutec Ref 10, all cables Siltech Royal Signature

Quote Originally Posted by transaminasi View Post
    I like the sound class A and at this time I am considering buying the Luxman C800F + M800A, but I am sure that the class AB C900U + M900U are fantastic too.
    Just to clarify, the preamps both operate in class A. As for the power amps the M800A operates in class A while the newer M900U is a class A/B design. I don't have any first hand experience with the power amps or how they compare in performance.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Luxman at CES 2015