Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Audioshark

CES 2015 Photos - Day 2

A big thanks to Odyssey (LeRoy) for doing the photo duties for Audioshark for day 2. Awesome job LeRoy and thank you!

LeRoy has also offered his comments on some of the rooms he visited.

Let's get started:

True cost no object approach. $240k w pre in the middle. Power supply on lower portion of units. Made the big Focals sing.

New side ported TAD driven by TAD amp and Audioquest cables that filled the room w gorgeous sound. Real step up on their monitor.

Side note: price is reported to be in the $24,000 range.

Boulder
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Audioshark

Re: CES 2015 Photos - Day 2

New Carmel 2

Best horn speakers I heard at the show.

Best of show: Q7's Soulution 701's Berkley ref DAC new Magico sub.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

CES 2015 Photos - Day 2

Anyone heard this tape in the Genesis room?
    From this link it appears it is Ki's Nagra iv-s with QGB adapter playing the tape.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152936078183559&id=823323558&set= a.10150407814678559.375212.823323558&source=46

Audioshark

This room was among the best sounding w Verity paired w Lamm. Room for the speakers to breath.

MBL

Side ported bass speakers make this more balanced. Same front ported drivers as 2.5

For $3,300 this on is a no brainer. Sweet in the mids and high range.

Cary & Tannoy

Quote Originally Posted by tunes View Post
    Anyone heard this tape in the Genesis room?
    From this link it appears it is Ki's Nagra iv-s with QGB adapter playing the tape.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...3558&source=46
    Oh yes. I heard the same tape played on the Nagra during the last AXPONA in SF in Oct. The music via tape was very dynamic and real from much bigger Genesis speakers then.

This time, I am not there but Lyn Stanley, the singer, stated the music from her master dub tape played on the Nagra IV-S+QGB again through Gary's new speakers and electronics setup brought tears to her eyes. She wants my Nagra setup, and I am playing hard to get. I guess it must have been good to say the least.

mauidan

Attached Images Attached Images

I was in Gary's (Genesis) room when Lyn Stanley came by. She sang together with the master tape. It was an awesome experience. Her voice was almost indistinguishable from the playback. Gary's new speakers sound very musical and life-like, ie natural. Images are full, not carved out in space by design. According to Gary, that's how he wanted it as that's how he experiences live music. Lyn talked a bit about her experiences in the music industry. She's only been singing professionally for 3 years, and her recordings are mastered by Bernie Grundman, one of the best. Amazing accomplishment since the top guys can choose to work with talent they respect. Looking forward to listening to the free SACD she gave me.

Industry disclaimer: I am a dealer of D'Agostino Electronics, Wilson Audio, McIntosh, Devialet, KEF, Magnepan, Martin Logan, Wadia PMC, Nordost, VPI, Spatial speakers, Audeze, Wyred 4 Sound etc, so anything I say related to Audio/Video is most likely biased...not that there's anything wrong with that!

https://www.facebook.com/audioexcellencecanada

Muraudio omnidirectional electrostatic hybrid speakers from Canada. Fascinating sound. Imagine MBLs with even better detail, transient speed, deeper and more powerful bass, and easier to drive. The speakers are available either with dedicated amplifiers built in or passive with your own amps. Must be biamplified. Spent some time with the designer discussing the philosophy. $63,000 passive, $71,000 active

Industry disclaimer: I am a dealer of D'Agostino Electronics, Wilson Audio, McIntosh, Devialet, KEF, Magnepan, Martin Logan, Wadia PMC, Nordost, VPI, Spatial speakers, Audeze, Wyred 4 Sound etc, so anything I say related to Audio/Video is most likely biased...not that there's anything wrong with that!

Met Gary Karr, the artist behind the wonderful Adagio D'Albinioni recording. What a pleasant surprise. One of my highlights of the show as I've enjoyed the album for about 20 years. Those of you who have not had a chance to hear this album, you should try. Gary plays a 17th century (if I remember correctly) Amati Contrabass in a church, accompanied by an organ. The playing and the sound are spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Low View Post
    Muraudio omnidirectional electrostatic hybrid speakers from Canada. Fascinating sound. Imagine MBLs with even better detail, transient speed, deeper and more powerful bass, and easier to drive. The speakers are available either with dedicated amplifiers built in or passive with your own amps. Must be biamplified. Spent some time with the designer discussing the philosophy. $63,000 passive, $71,000 active

Stunning!
    Speakers: Magico M-Project w/MPods
    Amps: CAT Legend -> CAT JL7s
    Analog: Kronos Pro Limited Edition / Black Beauty tonearm / Zyx Universe Premium, Ortofon A95
    Digital: Roon->Vivaldi DAC/Upsampler
    Cables/Power: Kubala Sosna Elation ICs & SCs / Shunyata Denali 6000T & PC's / Furutech outlets

I was in Gary's (Genesis) room when Lyn Stanley came by. She sang together with the master tape. It was an awesome experience. Her voice was almost indistinguishable from the playback. Gary's new speakers sound very musical and life-like, ie natural. Images are full, not carved out in space by design. According to Gary, that's how he wanted it as that's how he experiences live music. Lyn talked a bit about her experiences in the music industry. She's only been singing professionally for 3 years, and her recordings are mastered by Bernie Grundman, one of the best. Amazing accomplishment since the top guys can choose to work with talent they respect. Looking forward to listening to the free SACD she gave me.

She's only been singing for 3 years??? That's not a typo? What did she do before?
    Speakers: Magico M-Project w/MPods
    Amps: CAT Legend -> CAT JL7s
    Analog: Kronos Pro Limited Edition / Black Beauty tonearm / Zyx Universe Premium, Ortofon A95
    Digital: Roon->Vivaldi DAC/Upsampler
    Cables/Power: Kubala Sosna Elation ICs & SCs / Shunyata Denali 6000T & PC's / Furutech outlets

When I saw and heard them in NYC, the speakers were really uneven sounding and the people were not very friendly. Positively thin in NY.
    Myles B. Astor, Senior Editor, PF, www.positive-feedback.com
    Zellaton Plural Evo speakers, Doshi Audio EVO phonostage, VPI Avenger direct-drive turntable/VPI 12-inch gimbal Fatboy/vdH Colibri Master Signature/Triangle Art Apollo cartridges, SAT LM-12 tonearms/Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, VPI 12-inch gimballed Carbon Fiber arm/vdh Black Crimson and Sumiko Songbird, Mutech Hayabusa cartridges
    Technics RS1506 reel-to-reel with low inductance Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi Audio EVO tapestage, AudioQuest Dragon Zero, Audience FrontRow, Ensemble PC, Skogrand, Kubala-Sosna Realization speaker cable, Ikigai Kangai speaker cable, SRA Craz 3/OHIO 2.3 platforms and Symposium ISIS/Ultra rack/platforms, Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC.

Quote Originally Posted by madfloyd View Post
    She's only been singing for 3 years??? That's not a typo? What did she do before?
    Long career doing other things. Lyn once told me but have forgotten by now.
    Zellaton Plural Evo speakers, Doshi Audio EVO phonostage, VPI Avenger direct-drive turntable/VPI 12-inch gimbal Fatboy/vdH Colibri Master Signature/Triangle Art Apollo cartridges, SAT LM-12 tonearms/Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, VPI 12-inch gimballed Carbon Fiber arm/vdh Black Crimson and Sumiko Songbird, Mutech Hayabusa cartridges
    Technics RS1506 reel-to-reel with low inductance Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi Audio EVO tapestage, AudioQuest Dragon Zero, Audience FrontRow, Ensemble PC, Skogrand, Kubala-Sosna Realization speaker cable, Ikigai Kangai speaker cable, SRA Craz 3/OHIO 2.3 platforms and Symposium ISIS/Ultra rack/platforms, Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC.

Met Gary Karr, the artist behind the wonderful Adagio D'Albinioni recording. What a pleasant surprise. One of my highlights of the show as I've enjoyed the album for about 20 years. Those of you who have not had a chance to hear this album, you should try. Gary plays a 17th century (if I remember correctly) Amati Contrabass in a church, accompanied by an organ. The playing and the sound are spectacular.

Wow sorry I missed that! Four of Karr's recording were recently reissued and the 45 rpm Albinoni reissue is very nice.

This is my favorite though act now or it's gone forever! Wonderful music and recording on an unknown label.

Gary Karr-Plays Double Bass-200 Gram Vinyl Record | Acoustic Sounds

image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Myles B. Astor View Post
    When I saw and heard them in NYC, the speakers were really uneven sounding and the people were not very friendly. Positively thin in NY.
    I concur on all points. Was not impressed.

Allen

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

CES 2015 Photos - Day 2