Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

mono blocks classe CA-M300 VS stereo classe 2300 for bowers 802 diamond

Hi folks I am really new to this and joined the forum for some help to decide between few choices...
    I have recently bought 802 diamonds and intend to gradually build a home theater around and need help with power amplifiers..here are some options available to me..
    Option a
    Classe cam 300 monoblocks vs classe 2300...space is not an issue and I am more interested to find out if 2300 will be as good as 300 monoblocks or worth another 2K. ..I will have OPPO 105 and pioneer LX75 to use as preamp at the moment..I also have bowers 686 as surrounds, but no center at present...
    Option b
    McIntosh mc302 stereo( 300x2) which is in my budget vs newer mc425 (450x2 ) worth another 4K. ...?
    Option c
    Krell duo 300 newer amp 300rd watts stereo or bryston 4K sst2
    Price wise bryston is the cheapest with best warranty
    Krell mcintosh 302 and classe 2300 and krell duo 300 stereo amps are same price....
    I luv the sound of classe cam 300 but felt increasing the volume all the time but sound was very soothing to ears...I listen to all types of music...unfortunately no other place here offers me option to simultaneously hear the combo with 802 diamond series...I will be truly grateful from all of yous to help me pick the right amp...
    cheers
    Current gear
    speakers bowers 802 diamond bowers 686 jamo 507, home theatre pioneer LX75, Burson conductor headphone amplifier headphones audeze lcd2 Sen 600 ultrasones900

Audioshark

Re: mono blocks classe CA-M300 VS stereo classe 2300 for bowers 802 diamond

Bump.

My vote is for the 2300.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)

Welcome to AS !

Of the brands of amps you have mentioned, I would go with Classe'. They are a great match with your 802 diamonds.
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs XP32......incoming
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Kharma Elegance speaker cables
    Kharma Elegance interconnects
    REL Subs

Classé is a typical match for B&W 802 Diamonds and an obvious choice. It's nice gear and it gets down to personal choice.

If you are going to build a hybrid 2ch/multi-ch system, I think brand synergy is key. You need to decide now what direction to go else you will waste money down the line.

You are weighing up Classé vs McIntosh vs Krell vs Bryston to drive B&W loudspeakers. Consider each brand's product lines and try to visualise the additional components you will be purchasing to build a hybrid 2ch/HT system with a budget in mind. Add 30% to that budget because there are hidden trappings going hybrid multi-ch. You will be building a complex system.

Personally I'm not a fan of Classé being a McIntosh guy. I have a very high regard for Bryston for value and support. I would probably choose Bryston over Classé for the longer term purpose you have in mind.

If I were to suggest a start for you, I would be biased and say go with the McIntosh MC452. A great fully balanced stereo amp. An amp that could be repurposed should you wish to scale up and use it to drive side surrounds in the future. A multi-ch amp will be required either way. That basis would commit you to building a McIntosh rig. If resale or collectibility are also value considerations, McIntosh is renowned for holding greater resale value longer term.

Speakeasy

i have the 2300 running my 800 diamonds and it does it with ease.
    I tried the bryston, but didnt like it. Also considered mcintosh, but couldnt get an in home audition with them so didnt bother.

After living now with the 2300 for a couple of months, i havent even considered a change in direction, as it continues to improve as the hours build up

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B Good View Post
    i have the 2300 running my 800 diamonds and it does it with ease.
    I tried the bryston, but didnt like it. Also considered mcintosh, but couldnt get an in home audition with them so didnt bother.

After living now with the 2300 for a couple of months, i havent even considered a change in direction, as it continues to improve as the hours build up
    Cheers mate..just around you finally settling with a stereo 2300 did you compare it with classe cam 300 mono locks ..is their much of a difference between them audibly- sound stage music separation etc?would another 2G be worth investing in mono blocks instead..

Thanks Steve..based on your comments re-costs I will be best off with Classe as dealers relationship is strong..but again Mcintosh just looks so good and also most expensive of the whole lot including a new mono block for future center or multichannel another amp. My heart is with mcintosh but everything else is favoring classe...as it will be cheaper overall.. if I still go ahead with mcintosh only 302 is in my range..is their a huge audible between 302 and 452...cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Roger tripathi View Post
    Cheers mate..just around you finally settling with a stereo 2300 did you compare it with classe cam 300 mono locks ..is their much of a difference between them audibly- sound stage music separation etc?would another 2G be worth investing in mono blocks instead..
    i never did compare, i only compared a few stereo amps. I think for your 802's the 2300 would be more then enough, but again, if the budget stretches the monos should be slightly better one would assume.
    Ore put that extra 2g towards the 5 channel model at a later date for your surround sound

Quote Originally Posted by Roger tripathi View Post
    Thanks Steve..based on your comments re-costs I will be best off with Classe as dealers relationship is strong..but again Mcintosh just looks so good and also most expensive of the whole lot including a new mono block for future center or multichannel another amp. My heart is with mcintosh but everything else is favoring classe...as it will be cheaper overall.. if I still go ahead with mcintosh only 302 is in my range..is their a huge audible between 302 and 452...cheers

There is quite an audible difference between the two amps. The MC452 is a fully quad balanced amp whereas the MC302 is a differential design. The MC452 sounds almost like the MC601s.

Speakeasy

Cheers all of you guys…learning a lot and appreciate all your comments…thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B Good View Post
    i never did compare, i only compared a few stereo amps. I think for your 802's the 2300 would be more then enough, but again, if the budget stretches the monos should be slightly better one would assume.
    Ore put that extra 2g towards the 5 channel model at a later date for your surround sound
    ……WOW you just gave me a brilliant idea, I really never thought about it and its definitely worth considering. It will save me a lot in further power amplification, space, money !!! cheers …Will now cross fingers and hopefully get dealer to give me a really good price…most importantly if I do move to a bigger place, I can always biamp the 802s..

I had the classe 2300 with the 802di in a HT system. more as enough!

My center was Htm2d and 805d SR: powered CA3200.

the match Classe + B&W is good. in HT 5 channel or more) have 2 x cam300 dont make a big difference. for a 2 channel pure stereo I say the 2 monos but with a HT system the 2300 sound very very fine. in the future you can event. try a bi-amplification with 2x 2300.

After auditioning the 802 Diamonds with Classé (the obvious dealer choice) and MacIntosh (I forgot the type number) I considered the Classé the better choice.
    However after hearing the third option I went this one: the Audionet AMP mono amplifier.

These amplifiers have a wide frequency range up to 200kHz and high speeds. Much like Solution, Goldmund but are affordable like the JOB amps.
    I can tell you that the AMP's are driving the Diamonds like it takes no effort. Very tight bass and wide and deep stereo image. If you can find a dealer ask for a demo at your home situation.
    Hans

Bowers & Wilkins 805 D3 /alternatively JM Lab Point Source Aria 5 (self modified)/ 2x SVS 3000 SB, Audionet AMP (2x), dCS Bartók used as streamer / DAC / preamp, Pro-Ject RPM 9 with Speedbox S and Orthofon MC Vivo Blue, KEF LS50 Nocturne / Sunfire Atmos(kitchen). Patio: Bluesound Node 2i and Focal CMS50.
    RoonServer on Nucleus.

[QUOTE=Glareskin;108267]After auditioning the 802 Diamonds with Classé (the obvious dealer choice) and MacIntosh (I forgot the type number) I considered the Classé the better choice.
    However after hearing the third option I went this one: the Audionet AMP mono amplifier.

These amplifiers have a wide frequency range up to 200kHz and high speeds. Much like Solution, Goldmund but are affordable like the JOB amps.
    I can tell you that the AMP's are driving the Diamonds like it takes no effort. Very tight bass and wide and deep stereo image. If you can find a dealer ask for a demo at your home situation.

Thank you for sharing, it does look like a well made amp unfortunately, I couldn't find anyone around here in New Zealand selling Audionet amps…
    sJust out of curiosity which Classe Amp did you like more then Mcintosh…?? thank you..

[QUOTE=Tripp;108441]
    Quote Originally Posted by Glareskin View Post
    After auditioning the 802 Diamonds with Classé (the obvious dealer choice) and MacIntosh (I forgot the type number) I considered the Classé the better choice.

Thank you for sharing, it does look like a well made amp unfortunately, I couldn't find anyone around here in New Zealand selling Audionet amps…
    sJust out of curiosity which Classe Amp did you like more then Mcintosh…?? thank you..
    Audionet have a damping factor higher vs. Mc & Classe and is good with Raidho speaker. Classe or Mc with B&W802di? personal taste. Classe for ME is much better as the Mc. Mcintosh is a ampli that I dont agree/like.

For me the point is if you will have a HT system or a high end stereo system.

1. you will a 5.1 or 7.1?
    2. L&R 802di -> Classe 2300. -> cam300 is at the same level of the 2300 really improvement? 2x CAM600.
    L&R 802di + center Htm2di SR 805di -> 5300 classe audio. preampli Anthem D2 or SSP800.
    or
    802di with the 2300 for a good stereo system + B&W new CM serie for center and SR -> preampli like a Pioneer,
    Yamaha, Onkyo....-> if so one HT ampli/receiver give you satisfaction in stereo too ok good and use the ampli inside to drive the SR and the center.

I had the Raidho C3.1 with passlabs 250.5 and 350.5 -> not a good combo.

Audionet or other power ampli (Jeff Rowland?!) are too a good solution but I don t now is they are available in New Zeland...

at the end other point is how much $$$$$ and you have a dedicated room with a beamer or LedTV 65"or so like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tripp View Post
    Just out of curiosity which Classe Amp did you like more then Mcintosh…?? thank you..
    I am not 100% sure because I continued with Audionet instead of Classé or McIntosch but it was mono's and they had the typical Classé roundings. I am pretty sure it was the CA 600 like in this setting:

Another suggestion: why don't you go for 4x Job 250 mono's? There are on the market since two months and only available online.

THE JOB 225

http://audioshark.org/amplifiers-8/j...l#.VKffN8b_s0o

Arguably one of the best amos you'll find! Goldmund technology of a reasonable price 1700 USD each. You could go full bi-amping with for Job mono's for 6800 USD!!

And they are strong enough. A friend of mine drove his difficult to drive Gauder's with a single Job 225 without problems. So with 2 mono's per channel you would easily drive the Diamonds.
    Hans

Bowers & Wilkins 805 D3 /alternatively JM Lab Point Source Aria 5 (self modified)/ 2x SVS 3000 SB, Audionet AMP (2x), dCS Bartók used as streamer / DAC / preamp, Pro-Ject RPM 9 with Speedbox S and Orthofon MC Vivo Blue, KEF LS50 Nocturne / Sunfire Atmos(kitchen). Patio: Bluesound Node 2i and Focal CMS50.
    RoonServer on Nucleus.

[QUOTE=db33;108442]

Audionet have a damping factor higher vs. Mc & Classe and is good with Raidho speaker. Classe or Mc with B&W802di? personal taste. Classe for ME is much better as the Mc. Mcintosh is a ampli that I dont agree/like.

For me the point is if you will have a HT system or a high end stereo system.

1. you will a 5.1 or 7.1?
    2. L&R 802di -> Classe 2300. -> cam300 is at the same level of the 2300 really improvement? 2x CAM600.
    L&R 802di + center Htm2di SR 805di -> 5300 classe audio. preampli Anthem D2 or SSP800.
    or
    802di with the 2300 for a good stereo system + B&W new CM serie for center and SR -> preampli like a Pioneer,
    Yamaha, Onkyo....-> if so one HT ampli/receiver give you satisfaction in stereo too ok good and use the ampli inside to drive the SR and the center.

I had the Raidho C3.1 with passlabs 250.5 and 350.5 -> not a good combo.

Audionet or other power ampli (Jeff Rowland?!) are too a good solution but I don t now is they are available in New Zeland...

at the end other point is how much $$$$$ and you have a dedicated room with a beamer or LedTV 65"or so like that?
    That's exactly right...bit silly of me, but again I plan to get their eventually..7.1 will be my set up for future...I have pioneer lx75 180x180 @ 6 ohms in 9 channel..I will just use this amp to run 684 (100@8ohms) as front surround and Jamo 507 (150@4ohms)as back speakers...using pioneer for leftover amplification will be resort if I go stereo or use 5 channels amplification through classe 5300...tv and stuff is sorted but will get projector in next few years along with improving this plan. Current budget is just for power amplification ...

Jeff Rowland is available here locally but also as expensive as Mcintosh 452…for 400 watts in stereo…which is actually less powerful then Mcintosh 450 stereo. Furthermore I am still unsure how it will sound with 802 diamonds…Quiet impressive stats from Audio net…unfortunately they are just not available locally. Talking about availability, its shame you can't compare a lot of amps locally with 802 diamonds…either you get speakers, or you get amps.. further more, dealers are not open for at home audition...

What about the NZ made Plinius?

Quote Originally Posted by Anatta View Post
    What about the NZ made Plinius?
    Or the great T&A like in your profile picture....
    Hans

RoonServer on Nucleus.

Jobs are not available locally but thank u for coming back to me re-classe

Plinus is really expensive, but I will enquire about it tomorrow...will it go well with 802s... I am also auditioning Mac 452 tomorrow

Jobs are not available locally but thank u for coming back to me re-classe
    The Jobs are available worldwide through internet sales only. NZ is even mentioned on the ordering page. Check the reactions on this forum. Everybody is enthusiastic about this great product>

HOW TO GET A JOB ?

Hans

RoonServer on Nucleus.

I had the 802 Diamonds running with the Classe 2300. Great combo and one of my favorite systems. It really came together when I added a Mac C2300 preamp. Perfect combo for me. I think the system needed to tube pre.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Classé is a typical match for B&W 802 Diamonds and an obvious choice. It's nice gear and it gets down to personal choice.

If you are going to build a hybrid 2ch/multi-ch system, I think brand synergy is key. You need to decide now what direction to go else you will waste money down the line.

You are weighing up Classé vs McIntosh vs Krell vs Bryston to drive B&W loudspeakers. Consider each brand's product lines and try to visualise the additional components you will be purchasing to build a hybrid 2ch/HT system with a budget in mind. Add 30% to that budget because there are hidden trappings going hybrid multi-ch. You will be building a complex system.

Personally I'm not a fan of Classé being a McIntosh guy. I have a very high regard for Bryston for value and support. I would probably choose Bryston over Classé for the longer term purpose you have in mind.

If I were to suggest a start for you, I would be biased and say go with the McIntosh MC452. A great fully balanced stereo amp. An amp that could be repurposed should you wish to scale up and use it to drive side surrounds in the future. A multi-ch amp will be required either way. That basis would commit you to building a McIntosh rig. If resale or collectibility are also value considerations, McIntosh is renowned for holding greater resale value longer term.
    Hi Steve I went to audition mc452 and it sounded so nice and warm yet very detailed with c4s...& they are just so beautiful amps with power and authority...really liked them but price was just overally expensive n dealer won't negotiate much since it American made....50% more then classe or krell amps..so a bit to think and plan budget... Cheers for your mesg.

Tripp... Hope you can get over the price hurdle. The strengthening USD is going to make it more difficult for overseas buyers to acquire too. The thing about McIntosh is that the price is always going up. That's a good thing for ownership comfort but not so for those wishing to buy. Your justification will come knowing that you made the right choice in the end as you listen and watch those blue meters dance in the night.

The MC452 is an amp that I would love to own should my system grow in the future.

Speakeasy

Cheers all of you's - I will comment once I have made my purchase...

Hi guys by all means I respect your inputs n thoughts for classe 2300 n other. Peoducts recommended ..however I just fall in luv with mcintosh 452...looks more then sound....: ) but again sound was also very exciting ....a bit forward to my likings ...always fancied mc's so took the step ... Once again thanku all... It wasn't easy n Classe 2300 was my next best bet but I had no where to hear classe 2300..thanku

Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)

Congrats on your 452, it's a great piece !
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs XP32......incoming
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Kharma Elegance speaker cables
    Kharma Elegance interconnects
    REL Subs

Congrats... Pride and joy for many years to come.

Speakeasy

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

mono blocks classe CA-M300 VS stereo classe 2300 for bowers 802 diamond