Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: What Ticks You Off The Most About Online Audio Forums

Quote Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post
    When speaking of low frequencies...using base, not bass.
    That. Right there.

The over moderation of freedom of speech or modding to an agenda. Sure amps etc sound different, but I want to be able to hear from the people who say otherwise.

Oh and people who disagree with me about what sounds correct - what's wrong with your EAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRSSSS?

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    I agree. I think we need more genres of music. Maybe we could mix country music with rap and we could call it CRAP.
    That's really funny because during one of the New Years shows, they had some performers on called Florida-Georgia Line, and they were exactly that.

White boys trying to rap is funny in itself, but White Country singers trying to rap is hilariously funny and really bad in my opinion. They should stick to yodeling and whining about their dog or dead pickup truck.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

Quote Originally Posted by RichardAusten View Post
    The over moderation of freedom of speech or modding to an agenda. Sure amps etc sound different, but I want to be able to hear from the people who say otherwise.

Oh and people who disagree with me about what sounds correct - what's wrong with your EAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRSSSS?
    And I don't need nor want to hear their s**t. There are places where they can spew their stupidity; the same buffoons (save when they die like Tom Nuisance) have been saying, repeating and regurgitating the same dreck over and over and over again like Moonies on sites such as wreck.high-end.audio.opinion and newer clones of that like Hydrogen Audio. This has been going on for three decades now. How's that been working out for you?

Just stay TFA and don't pollute the high end audio web sites. Life is too short to deal with their stupidity.

And you know what they say about voices. If you write for a magazine, your voice is the magazine's voice. You want your own voice? Write a book. Same goes for web sites. You want your own voice? Start your own.
    Myles B. Astor, Senior Editor, PF, www.positive-feedback.com
    Zellaton Plural Evo speakers, Doshi Audio EVO phonostage, VPI Avenger direct-drive turntable/VPI 12-inch gimbal Fatboy/vdH Colibri Master Signature/Triangle Art Apollo cartridges, SAT LM-12 tonearms/Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, VPI 12-inch gimballed Carbon Fiber arm/vdh Black Crimson and Sumiko Songbird, Mutech Hayabusa cartridges
    Technics RS1506 reel-to-reel with low inductance Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi Audio EVO tapestage, AudioQuest Dragon Zero, Audience FrontRow, Ensemble PC, Skogrand, Kubala-Sosna Realization speaker cable, Ikigai Kangai speaker cable, SRA Craz 3/OHIO 2.3 platforms and Symposium ISIS/Ultra rack/platforms, Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC.

Great, a perfectly good discussion turns into an episode of The Grammar Nazis

My bad punctuation or no capitalization stems from time constraints. I usually read and respond while working so I try to get my thoughts and responses out quickly.

This all reminds me of something my wife and I went through years ago when we discussed all kinds of relationship possibilities to keep things exciting. Somehow we were put in contact with a local Poly-amorous group out of Philly and met with a few for dinner and talking about what they were all about. One very interesting group of people who wrote up contracts and provided testing papers for any extended relationships they were involved in. They were a very intelligent group of people and not just anyone could do what they do and keep relationships together. They had a message board and anytime anyone posted something with bad grammer or punctuation, they were highly chastized and pretty much run off the board.

Sometimes it's overkill when people are just trying to communicate. We never did anything with what we learned, but it sure was an interesting and eye opening experience. It did sour me on how anal people with just a tad more smarts than average can treat others just because they never make a spelling or grammar mistake. They expected every post, from a single line to a page to be proof read and spell checked before hitting the reply button. I would say "Get a Life" but they already had pretty interesting and complicated lives.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
    Great, a perfectly good discussion turns into an episode of The Grammar Nazis

My bad punctuation or no capitalization stems from time constraints. I usually read and respond while working so I try to get my thoughts and responses out quickly.

This all reminds me of something my wife and I went through years ago when we discussed all kinds of relationship possibilities to keep things exciting. Somehow we were put in contact with a local Poly-amorous group out of Philly and met with a few for dinner and talking about what they were all about. One very interesting group of people who wrote up contracts and provided testing papers for any extended relationships they were involved in. They were a very intelligent group of people and not just anyone could do what they do and keep relationships together. They had a message board and anytime anyone posted something with bad grammer or punctuation, they were highly chastized and pretty much run off the board.

Sometimes it's overkill when people are just trying to communicate. We never did anything with what we learned, but it sure was an interesting and eye opening experience. It did sour me on how anal people with just a tad more smarts than average can treat others just because they never make a spelling or grammar mistake. They expected every post, from a single line to a page to be proof read and spell checked before hitting the reply button. I would say "Get a Life" but they already had pretty interesting and complicated lives.
    Brian-Since your Polyamory group was busy having sex with people outside of their marriage and writing up contracts to help others do the same, it seems like they would be too busy to care about grammar and spelling.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    Brian-Since your Polyamory group was busy having sex with people outside of their marriage and writing up contracts to help others do the same, it seems like they would be too busy to care about grammar and spelling.
    You have no idea. They made this group look like kindergartners. Oh, and many were not married but somehow had what it takes to make multiple relationships work at the same time. Not for me, one is more than enough
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -

I'm majorly late to this party, but here's my list:

1. Digital bashers / vinyl zealots.
    2. Overly sensitive members that are too easily offended and want extreme politeness to the point of stifling any spirited discussion.
    3. Forum owner sycophants. (No offense Mike). : )
    4. Thead police. These people want to complain the second any post is off topic like it's the end of the world. Who cares? Who made the rule that no thread can ever diverge off topic?
    5. People who want to point out that the topic has already been covered so the OP should just read archived threads. Like that's the same as a fresh discussion, not.
    6. Lurkers who never post (you know who you are). Contribute already!
    7. What are you listening to threads. I know im in the minority on this one, but I feel these threads are posted to frequently, but rarely read by anyone.
    System 1: Matrix Element M -> Sugden A21se -> Klipsch Cornwall 3.

System 2: Matrix Element X -> Exposure 3510 -> Heco Direkt.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxwired View Post

2. Overly sensitive members that are too easily offended and want extreme politeness to the point of stifling any spirited discussion.
    4. Thead police. These people want to complain the second any post is off topic like it's the end of the world. Who cares? Who made the rule that no thread can ever diverge off topic?
    5. People who want to point out that the topic has already been covered so the OP should just read archived threads. Like that's the same as a fresh discussion, not.
    7. What are you listening to threads. I know im in the minority on this one, but I feel these threads are posted to frequently, but rarely read by anyone.
    Good list Jax!

I was surprised by the What do you do thread when I saw some 70 reads for about 4 replies. I thought that to be a great thread since we get to see where people are coming from and what they enjoy in life other than audio. Still needs many more replies from the rest of the Lurkers.

You may want to go back and spell check, some folks won't understand what you said if there are 2 or 3 mis-spelled words
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -

Good list!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 for 7 ain't bad
    CD

DAC/Pre-amp - PSAudio DsJ > Power-amp - > Speakers - PMC TwentyFive 23s

6 for 7 ain't bad
    Yeah. He left out analog bashers/digital zealots.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Sign up for last.fm and post your profile link in your signature block.. o0obillo0o?s Music Profile ? Users at Last.fm

1. If it goes both ways I agree
    2. Hard to rate when it went from spirited to rude but I agree
    3. The owner sets the tone alright
    4. Thread hijacking is always going to happen sometimes it is good others not.
    5. I agree
    6. I agree any spelling will do for me.
    7. Good point I had not looked at it that way.

The threads ebb and flow some come back some dry up. New people join, it is to bad about people who leave. Of the forms out there this is a good one IMO

Thanks for posting jaxwired you said it better than I did
    Lyra Atlas, tri-planner, clear audio statement, Burmester 100, Ayre KXR20, Ayre MXR20, Ayre DX5, Adept Response line conditioner, Ayre signature interconnects, Cardas clear power cables,cardas clear speaker cables and Martin Logan CLX with Decenti subs with Cardas hex link.
    Not in use Infinity QLS and Ohm F

- a certain amount of anonymity is expected but at least state what continent you're on if not your home town or locale.
    - back to the '"credentials" thread, some idea of whats in your system even in the most general terms.
    - what music shows off your system or is in constant rotation when evaluating gear? the AS super disc list sunk to page 5 on the music forum, it should have a sticky and it'd be nice if everyone contributed something, regardless of format or genre.

Sorry; I've held my tongue for some time, but I think I need to finally speak my mind about this.

Can we please...stop whining, about asking that those posting; maintain some semblance, of proper diction and grammar!

Like most things...and this is yet another peeve I suppose; people have to take things to an extreme. First...I don't think anyone said "don't post". But second...there is a HUGE difference; between the occasional typo or slip...and someone who never caps, uses punctuation. Runs-on all their sentences...or constantly confuses to/too and/or your/you're.

Some are saying "this isn't an English Lit forum"; first of all, I don't think there is such a thing. But honestly...would you send a letter, work memo; birthday card...without putting any thought, into whether it was intelligible or not?

We all make slips; and I think you can usually tell who is using English as a second language...and those are excused, because I sure as hell can't write in their native tongue. But man...it's easy: read what you've written before you post. If it's gibberish...just tighten it up a bit, and then hit spell-check!
    CD

I'd be nice if you(yes you!) whine, you post a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by o0OBillO0o View Post
    See; I don't know what this means??
    CD

CD, an example format would be the issue, discussion, recommendation format.

Issue: What Ticks You Off The Most About Online Audio Forums

Discussion: There are many was to communicate a complaint. Still, there are no standards or agreed upon methods.

Recommendation: I recommend that we make suggestions to the forum moderator to update the forum guidelines and rules regarding "What Ticks You Off The Most About Online Audio Forums"

CD, PM me and we can exchange Skype names or talk over phone if you are not sure what I am saying, it might be easier that way to understand each other.

CD, an example format would be the issue, discussion, recommendation format.

Issue: What Ticks You Off The Most About Online Audio Forums

Discussion: There are many was to communicate a complaint. Still, there are no standards or agreed upon methods.

Recommendation: I recommend that we make suggestions to the forum moderator to update the forum guidelines and rules regarding "What Ticks You Off The Most About Online Audio Forums"

CD, PM me and we can exchange Skype names or talk over phone if you are not sure what I am saying, it might be easier that way to understand each other.
    I was just asking you to translate this...

I think you left out a few words; or got your contraction wrong, or something.
    CD

See; I don't know what this means??
    He means complaints posted should be paired with suggested solutions to the complaint.

I was just asking you to translate this...

I think you left out a few words; or got your contraction wrong, or something.
    Help me out then, I can't say it any other way at the moment. :-)

Sorry; I've held my tongue for some time, but I think I need to finally speak my mind about this.

Can we please...stop whining, about asking that those posting; maintain some semblance, of proper diction and grammar!

Like most things...and this is yet another peeve I suppose; people have to take things to an extreme. First...I don't think anyone said "don't post". But second...there is a HUGE difference; between the occasional typo or slip...and someone who never caps, uses punctuation. Runs-on all their sentences...or constantly confuses to/too and/or your/you're.

Some are saying "this isn't an English Lit forum"; first of all, I don't think there is such a thing. But honestly...would you send a letter, work memo; birthday card...without putting any thought, into whether it was intelligible or not?

We all make slips; and I think you can usually tell who is using English as a second language...and those are excused, because I sure as hell can't write in their native tongue. But man...it's easy: read what you've written before you post. If it's gibberish...just tighten it up a bit, and then hit spell-check!
    Gotta say I am sometimes guilty of this. For me it stems from how difficult I find posting via my iPad. I do try and read my posts and correct them. I'm sure I don't catch everything though. My emails are even worse. People who get them must think I'm impaired. Lol.

He means complaints posted should be paired with suggested solutions to the complaint.
    Well...I think you're right Jax; but seriously...

That should be read more like: it would be nice, if when you whine (yes you); that you post a solution.

And I did offer a solution; a very succinct one.

But man...it's easy: read what you've written before you post. If it's gibberish...just tighten it up a bit, and then hit spell-check!
    CD

Gotta say I am sometimes guilty of this. For me it stems from how difficult I find posting via my iPad. I do try and read my posts and correct them. I'm sure I don't catch everything though. My emails are even worse. People who get them must think I'm impaired. Lol.
    But see Jax...there's the difference. Sure, you...like us all...make the occasional mistake. But I, for one...can usually tell when it's an auto-correct, or typo, or slip.

Some...just type gibberish, and don't care.
    CD

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post

You may want to go back and spell check, some folks won't understand what you said if there are 2 or 3 mis-spelled words
    LOL Brian …………. are you upset that the Eagles stumbled and didn't make the playoffs again ??
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
    LOL Brian …………. are you upset that the Eagles stumbled and didn't make the playoffs again ??
    I don't really care one way or the other. I watch games on TV if I am not busy, but don't set my schedule to sports nor will I ever buy a ticket to help pay their salaries.

I just thought it was an appropriate, joking, comment since the Spelling Police have invaded this thread.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -

Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)

This thread is starting to get a little snarky.

Can't we all just treat each other the way we want to be treated.

My God, we're not curing cancer here, we're supposed to be having fun.
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs XP32......incoming
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Kharma Elegance speaker cables
    Kharma Elegance interconnects
    REL Subs

Well said !! ……………

Quote Originally Posted by MDP View Post
    This thread is starting to get a little snarky.

Can't we all just treat each other the way we want to be treated.

My God, we're not curing cancer here, we're supposed to be having fun.
    Spirited discussion …………… healthy IMO …..
    Cheers ! …. Dave

It's not healthy when people start getting pissy with each other
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    REL Subs

High standards are a good thing but we are taking a good thing too far.

Some want a common every day poster to have an original question written in good english no spelling mistakes. Then to offer solutions to the question they just asked. While being called whiners, lazy and stupid . I really have no trouble seeing why there are so many lurkers and so few posters.
    Not everyone or is anyone going search the whole site to see if a question has already been asked. I have traveled in communist countries that were less restrictive .
    I think the more ideas questions that get posted the better. Just maybe some of you are jaded is all. As always IMO
    Lyra Atlas, tri-planner, clear audio statement, Burmester 100, Ayre KXR20, Ayre MXR20, Ayre DX5, Adept Response line conditioner, Ayre signature interconnects, Cardas clear power cables,cardas clear speaker cables and Martin Logan CLX with Decenti subs with Cardas hex link.

Sharks without sense of humor:

Hans

Bowers & Wilkins 805 D3 /alternatively JM Lab Point Source Aria 5 (self modified)/ 2x SVS 3000 SB, Audionet AMP (2x), dCS Bartók used as streamer / DAC / preamp, Pro-Ject RPM 9 with Speedbox S and Orthofon MC Vivo Blue, KEF LS50 Nocturne / Sunfire Atmos(kitchen). Patio: Bluesound Node 2i and Focal CMS50.
    RoonServer on Nucleus.

One thing I like about this forum is the ability to always edit your post. I don't know how many times I have posted something, then reread it later, only to realize I need a comma here and there, or some other tweak. Of course, by then nobody is reading the post, but at least I feel better.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Like most things...and this is yet another peeve I suppose; people have to take things to an extreme.

First...I don't think anyone said "don't post". But second...there is a HUGE difference; between the occasional typo or slip...and someone who never caps, uses punctuation. Runs-on all their sentences...or constantly confuses to/too and/or your/you're.

Dude when I first started reading your post and got through the part I highlighted above, I thought you were going in the exact opposite direction with your opinion. I mistakenly thought you were bringing a sense of rationality to this mess; then I read the rest. I just don't get you guys at all on this point, but thats what makes forum discussions entertaining. I very, very rarely do not understand what a poster is saying (no matter how they write) and on those rare ocasions, if I care about the post, I just ask for clarification.

Do people seriously think writing skills and intelligence have a modicum of correlation? I know a lot of brainiacs in engineering, medicine, and science that consider proper use of the english language a silly nuisance. The world is changing in this regard with each generation and the resistance seams illogical imo.

Mark: no snarkiness intended; just keeping it real.

Quote Originally Posted by FlexibleAudio View Post
    Dude, Do people seriously thinks writing skills and intelligence have a modicum of correlation?
    but of course, who of sound mind wouldn't ???????

I know a lot of brainiacs in engineering, medicine, and science that consider proper use of the english language a silly nuisance.
    as do I (know people of said profession) and they feel concerned. Let's face it, you're of a younger generation (lucky bugger, hold on to your youth for as long as you can) so your views will be different than mine, regardless I stand by my first post…………… a disregard for basic grammar is laziness , pure and simple !

The world is changing in this regard with each generation and the resistance seams illogical imo.
    true, but I refuse to give into the 'nannies & nerds' !

'Ditto' …………….. keep the faith !!
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Quote Originally Posted by FlexibleAudio View Post
    Dude when I first started reading your post and got through the part I highlighted above, I thought you were going in the exact opposite direction with your opinion. I mistakenly thought you were bringing a sense of rationality to this mess; then I read the rest. I just don't get you guys at all on this point, but thats what makes forum discussions entertaining. I very, very rarely do not understand what a poster is saying (no matter how they write) and on those rare ocasions, if I care about the post, I just ask for clarification.

Do people seriously thinks writing skills and intelligence have a modicum of correlation? I know a lot of brainiacs in engineering, medicine, and science that consider proper use of the english language a silly nuisance. The world is changing in this regard with each generation and the resistance seams illogical imo.

(Mark no
    Hmm. Where have I seen those words before?

The only thing that routinely turns me off about audio forums are the audiophiles who frequent them.

Quote Originally Posted by puroagave View Post
    i grew up with a dyslexic parent, i'm moderately dyslexic myself beside the fact english is my third language. i feel no need to apologize for less than perfect grammar, syntax, caps or whatever, only my paying clients count when it comes to those details. speaking of which, i have clients w/ 7-figure incomes that don't know "you're" is a contraction of "you" and "are" and only use the possessive "your." i feel superior if only for a split second to know they have failings like the rest of us. so if it makes you smug to dis those that care less, then good for you

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
    but of course, who of sound mind wouldn't ???????

Well to start with, how about just about everyone in this conversation.

as do I (know people of said profession) and they feel concerned. Let's face it, you're of a younger generation (lucky bugger, hold on to your youth for as long as you can) so your views will be different than mine, regardless I stand by my first post…………… a disregard for basic grammar is laziness , pure and simple !

I am not sure of your age; I am 54 and in no way consider my view to be age based.

I am always amused by people who use a pseudo-intellectual club as a weapon to make up for some insecurity.

When you have no first hand knowledge about another person's intellect or work ethic and you call them lazy you really make yourself look foolish. What's the point? Don't you have a dog to kick?

true, but I refuse to give into the 'nannies & nerds' !

I am really confused. Isn't that the role you're playing now?

'Ditto' …………….. keep the faith !!

Back at you.
    Ok Mark, now we are getting snarky....but just a little.

The points have all been made, is it not time to just drop the whole thing. Just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth View Post
    The points have all been made, is it not time to just drop the whole thing. Just asking.
    I agree, but would be remiss if I didn't point out you forgot the '?' at the end of your question.

Just kidding.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth View Post
    Absolutely! As long as one side, doesn't walk away distorting the message.

I don't recall anyone saying it makes you "dumb". If they did...I don't feel that way.

"Lazy"...well; perhaps that's not quite the word. But from my own perspective...I guess I would ask this: why not?

I mean...I can only speak for myself; and I didn't major in English Lit at Princeton. I believe we were taught that you start a sentence with a cap, and basic punctuational; in Elementary school! It just seems natural AFAIC; so it's almost as if it takes more effort, not to do it.

But that's just me...and just like when it comes to taste in gear; I understand what I think, doesn't apply to everyone. I don't see online life, as any different from "real" life. When I send an email to a co-worker...I check it. Note to a friend...I check it. I don't want to look like an idiot; and sure...if someone knows better, then they're less likely to judge.

I was just kind of surprised, by some of the reactions. It was almost as if people were pleading "hey...if we want to post like idiots; stop coming down on us man". Also...I think it was specifically mentioned; no one was talking about EAASL, or if you have some learning disability.

But hey...it's no skin off my back; post how ya want
    CD

Lets just move on.......................PLEASE
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    REL Subs

Quote Originally Posted by MDP View Post
    Lets just move on.......................PLEASE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What bothers me is a recent trend to use the phrase "I could care less" in place of "I couldn't care less". They mean completely different things.

This thread has gone Mary Poppins. :o

Speakeasy

Isn't it better to be ticked off than ticked on?
    Make yourself necessary to someone. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Speakers Salk SoundScape 8's Amp Krell KSA-250 Pre amp Audio Research Reference 3 Phono Preamp Bottlehead Eros SUT Park's Audio Budgie Turntable DIY Heavy Plinth Lenco Arm Advanced Analog MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Cartridge AT33PTG/II on Ultra P Arm DAC DIY Buffalo III Dual Mono Speaker Cables Harmonic Tech Pro 9+ & Pro 11+ Acoustic Treatments GIK Tri Traps and Panels Power Richard Gray 600S & PS Audio Cables

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    This thread has gone Mary Poppins. :o

..Yup! Absolutely..

What has happened in this thread over the last few pages is exactly what ticks me off about forums in general. Move on or take it outside please.
    Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, ClearAudio Performance SE, Satisfy Arm & Maestro Wood MM Cartridge
    Power: 3 x 20 Amp Lines, Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Shunyata Sigma v2 NR, Block Audio Power Cords, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
    Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - Alpha CGS cables
    Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon Modified) Buffalo GS2016 Switches powered with Keces P3 LPSU,
    Cables: Wireworld Platinum Starlight 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 SCs, 1M & 6M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
    Other: PSI Audio AVAA C20, Isoacoustics GAIA I footers Kharmas, GIK/Vicoustics/Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Ultra SS, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack

It doesn't appear that this thread has brought out the best in our normally jovial members. I would have expected this in the Who's Deaf Forum, but not here.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

What Ticks You Off The Most About Online Audio Forums