Holy Shindo!

Shindo gear is made with NOS vintage parts if I read AD correctly. How would that stack up with a Marantz Model 7 pre and a pair of Model 9 amps?

Would stack up ok, but I'd keep the heavy stuff on the bottom,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I once listened at length to his Vosne Romanee pre-amp. It was spectacular. I unfortunately require remote capabilities, so she'll never be mine. :(

Ok ok ... My honest answer would be that you would probably see some similarity in the vintage type parts and Shindo definitely has classic build quality - exceptional point to point wiring. The parts are a mix of old and new, however, and selected for sound in a particular circuit. There is, I believe, no similarity between Shindo and Marantz circuits. Shindo was not unfamiliar with classic US hifi. As such, the sound is not easily compared.

Contrary to popular belief, usually heard from those with not much experience with the gear, Shindo is not "colored," "warm," or "romantic" in my experience. It has no relationship whatsoever to classic Mc sound and my Shindo preamps (Aurieges, Monbrison, and VR) sounded nothing like my Marantz 7. I have no experience with the 9s.

I have absolutely zero experience with Shindo gear. However, I don't know how you can build gear using vintage parts and not have some vintage sound creep in there.

Mark - here is my best advice: don't ever audition Shindo gear. It will ruin you. It has a haunting, goosebump inducing, magical, beautiful sound that I have never heard from any other tube based system. Even the lower priced Shindo gear has such a haunting magical quality. I prefer it to the best of the best tube gear I've heard - including Audio Note and anything else I can drum up in my brain from past listening.

Not to start a whole war/fight, but my issue with Shindo is two fold: SOME owners are downright nasty if someone even hints that Shindo might not be to their liking (for whatever reason, even though they've probably never heard it). Note to Shindo owners: your sh!t is the best I've heard, it's probably the best you've heard, you know it, I know it, 99.99999999999999% of everyone who has ACTUALLY HEARD Shindo knows it - so stop worrying....laugh at the fools who have never heard it, but yet have offer opinions on Shindo.

Second, I think Shindo gear is so good it has a wider application than JH is prepared to admit. Don't believe it? Email Shindo Japan like I did and ask them about pairing Tannoy (or something similar) with Shindo and you will likely get a two thumbs up response like I did.

Yes, yes, yes, I get the whole synergy thing....but synergy extends beyond brands being carried by a certain distributor is carrying. Why? Because no one could possibly know all the good, better, best combinations. Why? Because combinations are near limitless.

Back to the topic at hand....that turnkey Shindo system would be a dream for any Shindo owner/prospective owner.

Mark - here is my best advice: don't ever audition Shindo gear. It will ruin you. It has a haunting, goosebump inducing, magical, beautiful sound that I have never heard from any other tube based system. Even the lower priced Shindo gear has such a haunting magical quality. I prefer it to the best of the best tube gear I've heard - including Audio Note and anything else I can drum up in my brain from past listening.

Not to start a whole war/fight, but my issue with Shindo is two fold: SOME owners are downright nasty if someone even hints that Shindo is not to their liking (for whatever reason). Note to Shindo owners: your sh!t is the best I've heard, it's probably the best you've heard, you know it, I know it, 99.99999999999999% of everyone who has ACTUALLY HEARD Shindo knows it - so stop worrying....laugh at the fools who have never heard it, but yet have offer opinions on Shindo.

Second, I think Shindo gear is so good it has a wider application than JH is prepared to admit. Don't believe it? Email Shindo Japan like I did and ask them about pairing Tannoy (or something similar) with Shindo and you will likely get a two thumbs up response like I did.

Yes, yes, yes, I get the whole synergy thing....but synergy extends beyond brands being carried by a certain distributor is carrying. Why? Because no one could possibly know all the good, better, best combinations. Why? Because combinations are near limitless.

Back to the topic at hand....that turnkey Shindo system would be a dream for any Shindo owner/prospective owner.

That's me ! :roflmao:

Well said Mike ~!

This is a beautiful system and possibly the ultimate Shindo set-up. With the exception of the speakers I am familiar with the retail prices on the components and am not sure how he came to his price. Unless the speakers are VERY expensive 285k retail seems high. Regardless of price this is definitely a Shindo lovers dream.

Ok ok ... My honest answer would be that you would probably see some similarity in the vintage type parts and Shindo definitely has classic build quality - exceptional point to point wiring. The parts are a mix of old and new, however, and selected for sound in a particular circuit. There is, I believe, no similarity between Shindo and Marantz circuits. Shindo was not unfamiliar with classic US hifi. As such, the sound is not easily compared.

Contrary to popular belief, usually heard from those with not much experience with the gear, Shindo is not "colored," "warm," or "romantic" in my experience. It has no relationship whatsoever to classic Mc sound and my Shindo preamps (Aurieges, Monbrison, and VR) sounded nothing like my Marantz 7. I have no experience with the 9s.

Shindo isn't warm? a bit vintage, warm sound is how I would describe Shindo sound to a newbie.

Shindo isn't warm? old school/vintage, warm sound is how I would describe Shindo sound to a newbie.

Yes, sorry, I would totally disagree. Then again, these words are imprecise and mean different things to different people. My system and Shindo experience are fairly public for any to evaluate the context of my comments. Within that, I do not find Shindo to be vintage at all. At least in the sense that it means fuzzy, non-dynamic, veiled, not resolute, etc. Those...er... Co morbidities frequently accompany "warm," "vintage," and "romantic."

This is a beautiful system and possibly the ultimate Shindo set-up. With the exception of the speakers I am familiar with the retail prices on the components and am not sure how he came to his price. Unless the speakers are VERY expensive 285k retail seems high. Regardless of price this is definitely a Shindo lovers dream.

Indeed, unless he paid 150+ for the speakers, seems unlikely..

I believe this system has been on the market for a while, just not quite so publicly. An acquaintance told me about it at least 6 months ago, and the figure was substantially lower than being asked now. I guess the owner has traded it and the dealer is trying to flip it?..

I believe this system has been on the market for a while, just not quite so publicly. An acquaintance told me about it at least 6 months ago, and the figure was substantially lower than being asked now. I guess the owner has traded it and the dealer is trying to flip it?..

Yeah, I heard he went to Q7's and Soulution.

The seller on Audiogon is not the owner and he is not a dealer. It is, I suspect, Jeffrey Jackson...as you can see, the Audiogon seller name is Experience Music.

I want those 300b amps! Those are sweet.

Back