Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Soulution 701/711/725 win the The Absolute Sound's 2014 OVERALL PRODUCTS OF THE YEAR Award!

As JV and RH report in this issue, the new 7 Series products from Swiss ultra-high-end-electronics manufacturer Soulution aren’t just
    better versions of what’s come before them—mere variations on familiar themes. The 701 monoblocks, 711 stereo amplifier, and
    725 preamplifier set genuine benchmarks against which all future solid-state electronics will be measured.
    What makes these amps and preamps so extraordinary—and so different—is their delivery of power in an abundance previously
    unheard in hi-fi gear (though constantly heard in concert halls, rock venues, and jazz clubs). Where (earlier or later) all other amps,
    be they solid-state or tube, eventually hit a ceiling (well before actual clipping) beyond which their sound starts to compress, congeal,
    thin out, or brighten, the Soulutions don’t. Thanks to their switched-mode power supplies and unique ultra-high-bandwidth, ultrahigh-
    negative-feedback circuits, their character doesn’t change at any volume level. No matter how loudly you play them or how
    demanding the music, these Soulutions simply cannot be run into distortion or out of steam.

As a result of this unprecedented sonic
    stability and inexhaustibility, the 7 Series amps and preamps come so much closer to capturing the dynamic ease and visceral clout
    of the real thing they will (regularly) send goosebumps up your arms and chills down your spine. Never in the past has either JV or
    RH heard amplifiers or preamplifiers with the sheer lifelike authority—particularly noticeable in the bass and power range—of these
    Soulutions. Couple this unprecedented dynamic realism with some of the beautiful tone color and finest textures this side of SETs
    and you get JV’s new solid-state references, RH’s new solid-state references, and The Absolute Sound’s 2014 Overall Products of the
    Year. (Reviewed this issue)

Le Roy

Austin, Tx : Soulution 520 preamp, 501 mono blocks, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D3.1, Lumin U1, Uptone Audio Modded Mac Mini w/ MMK fanless kit & JS-2 LPS, Regen, Ansuz DTC loom (complete), Oppo 105D, QNAP TS-451+

Chicagoland : Soulution 725 preamp, 711 stereo amp, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D5.1, Naim UnitiServe 2TB, Aurender W-20 Ansuz DTC later generation wire, Teac X1000 R2R, QNAP TS-451+

Foundation:
    Raidho Rack system, Ansuz DTC Mainz8, Ansuz (2) Supreme Mainz D8 Distribution, 20 amp dedicated outlets via subpanel

Re: Soulution 701/711/725 win the The Absolute Sound's 2014 OVERALL PRODUCTS OF THE YEAR Award!

It's a shame that most will not get to experience them.

Re: Soulution 701/711/725 win the The Absolute Sound's 2014 OVERALL PRODUCTS OF THE YEAR Award!

Outstanding! Thanks for posting, Le Roy.

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

These are probably wonderful but JV's constant need to declare a new benchmark / reference / state of the art four times a year makes me look elsewhere for credible reviews. A shame as I otherwise enjoy his writing style and deception of the sonics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kev313 View Post
    These are probably wonderful but JV's constant need to declare a new benchmark / reference / state of the art four times a year makes me look elsewhere for credible reviews. A shame as I otherwise enjoy his writing style and deception of the sonics.

Kev, I agree with you that JV can be effusive in his praise for certain lines of gear. But Chief Editor Robert Harley joins him in an long article in this month's TAS re Soulution.

Maybe I'm trying to convince myself too!
    Le Roy

Austin, Tx : Soulution 520 preamp, 501 mono blocks, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D3.1, Lumin U1, Uptone Audio Modded Mac Mini w/ MMK fanless kit & JS-2 LPS, Regen, Ansuz DTC loom (complete), Oppo 105D, QNAP TS-451+

Chicagoland : Soulution 725 preamp, 711 stereo amp, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D5.1, Naim UnitiServe 2TB, Aurender W-20 Ansuz DTC later generation wire, Teac X1000 R2R, QNAP TS-451+

Foundation:
    Raidho Rack system, Ansuz DTC Mainz8, Ansuz (2) Supreme Mainz D8 Distribution, 20 amp dedicated outlets via subpanel

Audioshark

AWESOME!!!!!

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)

Having spent many hours at David Baskin's place listening to the new Solution gear, both the 7 series and 5 series, I can confirm that they truly are world class !
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs XP32......incoming
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Kharma Elegance speaker cables
    Kharma Elegance interconnects
    REL Subs

Quote Originally Posted by MDP View Post
    Having spent many hours at David Baskin's place listening to the new Solution gear, both the 7 series and 5 series, I can confirm that they truly are world class !
    Mark,

I am loving my Soulution 501 monoblocks. The speed and dynamics are absolutely incredible and the timbres are very pure. There is also just a hint of sweetness, which is perfect for my taste. I look forward to adding the 520 preamp and bringing my system to the next level.

Ken
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

The only thing that will shake me out of having a Soulution preamp in my system is the need for a better phono, you will "not" find better imo!

Hi Le Roy,

Did you get to audition the 725/701 combo today and if so, how did you like it?

All the best,
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    Hi Le Roy,

Did you get to audition the 725/701 combo today and if so, how did you like it?

All the best,
    Ken
    I did have an opportunity to audition the 725/701's with the 541 SACD player today at David Baskin's Design Audio in Whitehouse Texas.

I'll have much more to say about the 701's when I have them in my Chicago residence in the next few weeks when they will be going head to head in a comparison to the 711's that David will be putting in for me along with the 725. At that time I'll get to home audition the 701's and the 711's together as I consider which one will be taking up permanent residency. And if that wasn't enough to think about David shared with me on a previous visit how the 711's sound bi-amped with the 501's driving the bottom end of the Raidho D5's! I thought that was outstanding at the time!

But I will say this much now: the 701's are the best mono block amplifiers I have ever heard. The sound is effortless. The voices of the instruments in one piano quartet where very easy to pick out and sang in a way I have never heard before. I had the unusual opportunity to hear them with the same speakers I have in Chicago.

The chills down the spine started as I loaded up some SACD's into the 541 and let them spin their magic. I had planned to spend a couple of hours there and wound up spending most of the day playing very familiar and less familiar tracks.

David has put together a winning combo here which ever way it turns out. I'll have more to say once all of the boxes and crates are unpacked in a couple of weeks. Kudos to David for making this possible for me.
    Le Roy

Foundation:

Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)

I totally agree about the 701's. When I heard them at David's, it was a holy shit moment. The 701's are the best SS amps I've ever heard,easily !!
    The sound is as Le Roy described it, simply effortless and very musical,with tonal qualities that are the most realistic I've ever heard.
    They're destination amps for sure because,for right now, there is no where else to go once you own these.

For the lucky few that can own them, I say "Go for it"
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs XP32......incoming
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Kharma Elegance speaker cables
    Kharma Elegance interconnects
    REL Subs

Sounds like your pocket book is in trouble Le Roy
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by the professor View Post
    Sounds like your pocket book is in trouble Le Roy
    Jock, if you climb near the top of the mountain does that mean you are done? Sit back and enjoy the music and never have to wonder "what if" and "what else" ?
    Le Roy

Foundation:

So true!
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
    I did have an opportunity to audition the 725/701's with the 541 SACD player today at David Baskin's Design Audio in Whitehouse Texas.

I'll have much more to say about the 701's when I have them in my Chicago residence in the next few weeks when they will be going head to head in a comparison to the 711's that David will be putting in for me along with the 725. At that time I'll get to home audition the 701's and the 711's together as I consider which one will be taking up permanent residency. And if that wasn't enough to think about David shared with me on a previous visit how the 711's sound bi-amped with the 501's driving the bottom end of the Raidho D5's! I thought that was outstanding at the time!

But I will say this much now: the 701's are the best mono block amplifiers I have ever heard. The sound is effortless. The voices of the instruments in one piano quartet where very easy to pick out and sang in a way I have never heard before. I had the unusual opportunity to hear them with the same speakers I have in Chicago.

The chills down the spine started as I loaded up some SACD's into the 541 and let them spin their magic. I had planned to spend a couple of hours there and wound up spending most of the day playing very familiar and less familiar tracks.

David has put together a winning combo here which ever way it turns out. I'll have more to say once all of the boxes and crates are unpacked in a couple of weeks. Kudos to David for making this possible for me.
    Hi Le Roy,

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip to David's yesterday! That was a really fine review of the 541/725/701/D5 combo. I can almost imagine in my mind's ear the lifelike sound of the piano and string instruments. Whether you choose to go with the 541/725/711/D5 or the 541/725/701/D5, you are methodically building one of the best reference systems I know of. Please let us know your thoughts when you receive all the gear and have the ultimate amplifier shootout!

Best,
    Ken

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Soulution 701/711/725 win the The Absolute Sound's 2014 OVERALL PRODUCTS OF THE YEAR Award!