What cartridges are you using? - Page 27
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What cartridges are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Dth31 View Post
    I just mounted a vdH Crimson Stradivarius yesterday! The body shape and easy-to-see cantilever help to make it easy to set up. Right out of the box it sounded totally enjoyable. Really looking forward to seeing how it sounds after some break in.
    Congratulations. My Master Sig also sounded great out of the box, but it is slowly improving over time. About 55 hours now. I find the exposed cantilever with no stylus guard extremely troublesome, especially on a 12" arm. I agree that it is easy to mount, but boy it takes nerves of steel to not touch that cantilever in the process. Pros and cons.
    My system link on WBF: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...-Sublime-Sound
    My system link on Audiogon: http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr...&4&5#Peterayer
    Analog: SME 30/12, SME V-12, MSL Signature Gold, AirTight Supreme, VDH Colibri Platinum
    Electronics: Pass XA160.5, Pass XP-22, Pass XP-25
    Speakers: Magico Q3 and Mini II
    Cables: Transparent REF XL
    Essentials: Jim Smith RoomPlay, 3 Vibraplanes

Post Thanks / Like

I found it a bit mechanical sounding for the first 100 hrs or so , but thereís beautiful sound at the end of the rainbow .

Quote Originally Posted by Dth31 View Post
    I just mounted a vdH Crimson Stradivarius yesterday! The body shape and easy-to-see cantilever help to make it easy to set up. Right out of the box it sounded totally enjoyable. Really looking forward to seeing how it sounds after some break in.

Post Thanks / Like

My daily-driver XV1-S is singing the best Iíve ever heard it in a new 12Ē VPI Fatboy gimbaled arm.

(Iíd post a picture but I donít have enough AS posts yet)

Steve Z
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Teres turntable, VPI rim-drive, SDS, VPI 12" Fatboy gimabled arm, Dynavector XV1-S & Helikon mono; Zenith STD MK 2, dCS Vivaldi DAC, Upsampler Plus and Clock, Cybershaft OP-21 reference clock, Playback Designs Pinot ADC.

DíAgostino Momentum S250 amp, Momentum HD preamp, Momentum phono, Sonus Faber Aidas in gorgeous graphite. Shunyata Triton v3 & Typhon QR, Typhon, Sigma NR, Alpha NR cords and cables, Stillpoints ESS grid system rack, Stillpoint Ultras . . . and music!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, that’s interesting. I guess the picture posted after all. . .

Steve Z
    Teres turntable, VPI rim-drive, SDS, VPI 12" Fatboy gimabled arm, Dynavector XV1-S & Helikon mono; Zenith STD MK 2, dCS Vivaldi DAC, Upsampler Plus and Clock, Cybershaft OP-21 reference clock, Playback Designs Pinot ADC.

DíAgostino Momentum S250 amp, Momentum HD preamp, Momentum phono, Sonus Faber Aidas in gorgeous graphite. Shunyata Triton v3 & Typhon QR, Typhon, Sigma NR, Alpha NR cords and cables, Stillpoints ESS grid system rack, Stillpoint Ultras . . . and music!

Post Thanks / Like

Audio Tekne MC6310
    Phasemation PP-500
    Shindo SPU-G

One thing I’ve learned is even with ~$2k cartridges you are leaving a lot on the table with lesser electronics and turntable setup. Personally I’d rather put my money there than a wear item like cartridges.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27