Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Goldmund year end deals

For all interested, I just got contacted by Goldmund about a limited time equipment sale. See below:

"We have a special sale for Goldmund products starting now . It concerns products which will not be continued in the 2015 range.

You can get info about products concerned and prices at info@goldmund.com.

If you have some audiophile friends interested please let them know. The address to be contacted in order to receive the list of products and prices is info@goldmund.com. "

Examples of products available (mixture of new and demo units):

Metis 2 analog preamplifier
    Metis 5 integrated amplifier
    Metis 5 integrated amplifier
    Telos 153 3-*‐channel power amplifier
    Mimesis 18.4M power amplifier
    Telos 350 power amplifier
    Telos 352 2-*‐channel power amplifier
    Epi 1 Signature unit speaker
    Epi 1 Sign upgrade
    Epi foot pair
    Epi frame 1 pair frame for Epi1+2
    Logos pc speaker
    Logos 1 passive speaker
    Logos 3 Passive Kit infra sub
    Speaker cable 3.5 m pair
    Speaker cable 2.5 m pair
    Speaker cable 2.5 m pair
    Speaker cable adaptor S1 pair
    Lineal cable special length 7 m
    Goldmund Sweeter for AC line
    Videocable 2m x3
    SR8 8-*‐channel preamplifier
    Mimesis 16 acoustic processor
    Mimesis 16HD acoustic processor
    Mythos 2 analog acoustic processor

All orders must be placed and paid before December 20, 2014 Terms: All prices will be in CHF
    Delivery charges extra
    Warranty: 3 years
    Prices available by using the email link provided.

NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Re: Goldmund year end deals

You have come full circle to be a fully fledged Goldmund/JOB spruiker.

I am sure Goldmund's global distributors will be well pleased with your work - not
    Source: Technics SP10mk3 - Thales Simplicity II, TW Raven AC-3 - Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Lyra Etna SL, Lyra Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: Phasemation EA-1200, Accuphase C-37,TW Acustik phono
    EQ: ​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: D'Agostino HD, conrad johnson GAT,
    Amps: conrad johnson teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum S250
    Speakers: Wilson Maxx3

Quote Originally Posted by XV-1 View Post
    You have come full circle to be a fully fledged Goldmund/JOB spruiker.

I am sure Goldmund's global distributors will be well pleased with your work - not
    You really are an unpleasant fellow.
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

It seems Goldmund has some serious engineering chops indeed.

Feedback from a pal who was keen enough to jump on the sale without hesitation. He owned Einstein monoblocs in the past, Accapela Violon speakers, Shindo Vosne Romane preamp, Full Spatial system running on Emerald Physics, etc. He has been around the block and I know he is a dynamics junkie :

I was waiting to contact you until after Bob visited in order to get a reality check on my perceptions.

I can get quite enthused about incremental sound changes that others do not perceive as being quite so momentous as I do.

Nevertheless, and despite the notion out there that Goldmund is audio jewelry for rich, deaf guys, I now hear sound (and more importantly, music) which eclipses everything I’ve ever heard anywhere; including, amazingly, some live music (acoustically bereft venues, less than the best musicians, etc.).

It is simply staggering what lies buried in the pits and grooves of silver and black discs and which, heretofore, has remained hidden. None of the equipment I’ve ever owned or heard comes close to what is revealed by the Mimesis 16 HD and the two Telos 352 amps. My new Acoustic Zen Crescendo II speakers are head and shoulders above any of my previous speakers in every way and I had them (the AZ’s) connected-up to the Prism Titan “the best DAC, preamp, and digital processor on the planet”. Still, the Goldmund duo took the AZ’s to an entirely different place: Live Music Or So Close It Doesn’t Matter.

And, mind you, NONE of my sources has changed. I have the same turntables, cartridges, transport, hard-drive and Mac Mini that fed the Titan, 3 JOB amps, and my previous speakers.

Goldmund, like a few others, refuses to up-sample or over-sample. They say it creates all sorts of problems downstream including jitter and that they will NEVER do it. They want a pure, clean, un-messed-up 16/44.1 signal. Results more than justify their position.

My decision to go this route actually started with the JOB amps. I reasoned that anything this good was made by people who truly understand what they’re doing. Until the Telos duo showed up, the JOB amp was, absolutely, the finest amp I’d ever heard. Tubeophiles would differ vehemently but, to my ears, the JOB does everything I ever wanted an amp to do and nothing I didn’t want an amp to do. It produced the most “real” and “live” sound with no warmth added or taken away, amazing resolution, absolute driver control, etc. etc.

Words fail me at describing exactly how much better the Goldmund gear communicates the music than anything previous, including the JOB’s. One really has to hear the system to comprehend the huge gulf between then and now.

Searching out the Goldmund philosophy, areas of concentration, fanatical attention to detail (including a relentless persecution of ALL forms of distortion worthy of the Inquisition) and absolute time and phase linearity explains, at least to me, what it takes to get to this level: 35 years worth of time and dogged, relentless refusal to accept less than perfection.

I can only surmise how good their reference stuff is but what I’m so privileged to possess now is still beyond my comprehension.

AND, I’m listening without the benefit of either Goldmund’s Leonardo or Proteus technology being enacted and, of which, my Mimesis/Telos is capable. I can’t begin to imagine what they might bring to the party. As you know by now, I WILL find out eventually.
    NORMAN

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    It seems Goldmund has some serious engineering chops indeed.

Feedback from a pal who was keen enough to jump on the sale without hesitation. He owned Einstein monoblocs in the past, Accapela Violon speakers, Shindo Vosne Romane preamp, Full Spatial system running on Emerald Physics, etc. He has been around the block and I know he is a dynamics junkie :

I was waiting to contact you until after Bob visited in order to get a reality check on my perceptions.

I can get quite enthused about incremental sound changes that others do not perceive as being quite so momentous as I do.

Nevertheless, and despite the notion out there that Goldmund is audio jewelry for rich, deaf guys, I now hear sound (and more importantly, music) which eclipses everything I’ve ever heard anywhere; including, amazingly, some live music (acoustically bereft venues, less than the best musicians, etc.).

It is simply staggering what lies buried in the pits and grooves of silver and black discs and which, heretofore, has remained hidden. None of the equipment I’ve ever owned or heard comes close to what is revealed by the Mimesis 16 HD and the two Telos 352 amps. My new Acoustic Zen Crescendo II speakers are head and shoulders above any of my previous speakers in every way and I had them (the AZ’s) connected-up to the Prism Titan “the best DAC, preamp, and digital processor on the planet”. Still, the Goldmund duo took the AZ’s to an entirely different place: Live Music Or So Close It Doesn’t Matter.

And, mind you, NONE of my sources has changed. I have the same turntables, cartridges, transport, hard-drive and Mac Mini that fed the Titan, 3 JOB amps, and my previous speakers.

Goldmund, like a few others, refuses to up-sample or over-sample. They say it creates all sorts of problems downstream including jitter and that they will NEVER do it. They want a pure, clean, un-messed-up 16/44.1 signal. Results more than justify their position.

My decision to go this route actually started with the JOB amps. I reasoned that anything this good was made by people who truly understand what they’re doing. Until the Telos duo showed up, the JOB amp was, absolutely, the finest amp I’d ever heard. Tubeophiles would differ vehemently but, to my ears, the JOB does everything I ever wanted an amp to do and nothing I didn’t want an amp to do. It produced the most “real” and “live” sound with no warmth added or taken away, amazing resolution, absolute driver control, etc. etc.

Words fail me at describing exactly how much better the Goldmund gear communicates the music than anything previous, including the JOB’s. One really has to hear the system to comprehend the huge gulf between then and now.

Searching out the Goldmund philosophy, areas of concentration, fanatical attention to detail (including a relentless persecution of ALL forms of distortion worthy of the Inquisition) and absolute time and phase linearity explains, at least to me, what it takes to get to this level: 35 years worth of time and dogged, relentless refusal to accept less than perfection.

I can only surmise how good their reference stuff is but what I’m so privileged to possess now is still beyond my comprehension.

AND, I’m listening without the benefit of either Goldmund’s Leonardo or Proteus technology being enacted and, of which, my Mimesis/Telos is capable. I can’t begin to imagine what they might bring to the party. As you know by now, I WILL find out eventually.
    Does your friend still using his Goldmund Telos 352 after all this time and whats his experience has been with its reliability, quirks, etc? Would appreciate the feedback greatly! Thanks

No...he moved onto the Prologos active speaker model a short while after.
    NORMAN

Thanks for your reply.... Do you recall any additional feedback from him regarding the Telos 352 amp? Appreciate it greatly!!!! Kind regards!

nothing m9re...but they are great amps...no doubt.
    NORMAN

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Goldmund year end deals