CLX - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: CLX

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CLX

Quote Originally Posted by gadawg View Post
    Granted the 13a and 15a sound far better than my Ethos but after comparing I thought the CLX to be the clear winner vs the new hybrids ... any thoughts??? Love to hear what others are thinking as well!
    Having listened to both @ Overture ('the' best listening rooms in NE America) I feel the CLX's with subs properly integrated are a clear winner but ..........they should be , duhhhhh, look at the $$ differential ! If your room is modest (like mine, 14'6"x24') then the 13a's are the perfect choice. As I said over on the M/L forum, the 13a's perform way beyond their price point, I for one really feel they are the sweet spot in the Logan line-up. On the other hand 'if' you have the room the CLX/sub combination is one tough act to beat.
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I heard the CLX and 212 sub combo in a room about the same size as my new room(20X24X10) and it was memorizing. Now its just waiting for the new house to be ready! :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gadawg View Post
    I heard the CLX and 212 sub combo in a room about the same size as my new room(20X24X10) and it was memorizing.
    For my part If I plan upon an evening of Singer songwriter, Crooner, Mainstream Jazz etc... I tend to prefer running without the Descenti subs, also should the genre be not too demanding I often Like to run with the 16Ohm taps on ARC Ref250se, but that's just me!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
    For my part If I plan upon an evening of Singer songwriter, Crooner, Mainstream Jazz etc... I tend to prefer running without the Descenti subs, also should the genre be not too demanding I often Like to run with the 16Ohm taps on ARC Ref250se, but that's just me!
    --------------

I use the CLX with 2 x Balanced Force 212 subs in a 39' long x 14' wide x 9.5' high room. The bass is excellent with room to couple the very low-end.

I'm a folk music listener and yes, they are over-reaching in performance. No, they won't have the mid bass PUNCH of a dynamic driver (my Dyn Audio C4 signatures as a comparison) but if you crave midrange resolution and clarity of expression, they are tops. I do think that they HAVE to have a sub or two to reach their potential. Sure, some will use them as is, but I bet they would take a really good sub given the chance to hear them set up with proper DSP like the Balance Force subs.

The CLX are a highly guarded secret for some reason. They aren't fussy at all (mine are going on three years of near continues use), and are priced in the lower reaches of premium sneakers. Highly recommended for an audition. But, 25K plus a sub is a commitment, I agree.

Rower30

Post Thanks / Like

I use a MOON W-8 and it is spectacular on my CLX art with 2 x 212 Balance Force subs. So don't count ANY amplifier out till you size it up. The W-8 aren't afraid of the low impedance up high at all. But that's not to say some of BOTH styles of amplifiers won't like low impedance at all. But to say you need tubes is false. And, the preamplifier you use matters HIGHLY with the CLX ART. I use a PASS Labs XP-30, and it is a wonderful combination with the MOON W-8. It adds just the right amount of warmth without killing what the CLX want to do...throw out exceptional vocal texture and resolution. I don't want to soften that up too much or why get the CLX?

rower30

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2