Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Bryston BDA-3 Announced!

First impressions are better that I expected. There is a noticeable difference in sound. More detail but less harshness (the harshness that I did not know was there) Instruments sounds more natural. The bass is more tuneful. Another good thing is it was very easy to setup. Plugged the hdmi 2 out to the first hdmi input of Bryston. A few adjustments in oppo settings and it worked flawlessly locking into whatever I feed into it, be it dsd or pcm. I think it will only get better with time.
    Kuzma Stabi M, Kuzma 4 Point, Kuzma Car 40, Transrotor Phono 8.2mc sym, Bryston BDA-3, Oppo 105d, Amtrans resistor based custom passive pre, line magnetic 503pa s.e.t. monoblocks (modded), AVM 3.2 s.s. monoblocks, hypex class d sub amp, diy horn based 6 way speakers

Quote Originally Posted by kodomo View Post
    First impressions are better that I expected. There is a noticeable difference in sound. More detail but less harshness (the harshness that I did not know was there) Instruments sounds more natural. The bass is more tuneful. Another good thing is it was very easy to setup. Plugged the hdmi 2 out to the first hdmi input of Bryston. A few adjustments in oppo settings and it worked flawlessly locking into whatever I feed into it, be it dsd or pcm. I think it will only get better with time.
    Great - ENJOY!!!

james

Hi Folks,

Apparently we got a great review on the Bryston BDA-3 DAC in the latest electronic issue of UHF Magazine (I know they purchase one for their reference system).

I will try and get a link or a reprint.

UHF Front.JPG

james

Until I get a new rack, it has found its place Both dac and transport are powered via shunyata alpha hc ic's. Bryston is connected via special made ultra low capacitance Grover Huffman ic's to my passive pre which sends the signals to my set and ss monoblocks vi balanced cables. So far so good and is getting a little better everyday I want to add one more thing, it works great for movie sound.

Oppo 105d --hdmi--> Bryston BDA-3 --rca--passive pre-->lm503&avm 3.2--->horns
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kuzma Stabi M, Kuzma 4 Point, Kuzma Car 40, Transrotor Phono 8.2mc sym, Bryston BDA-3, Oppo 105d, Amtrans resistor based custom passive pre, line magnetic 503pa s.e.t. monoblocks (modded), AVM 3.2 s.s. monoblocks, hypex class d sub amp, diy horn based 6 way speakers

Hi

Great picture ! - give us a shot of your horn speakers.

james

Put together a playlist and just let it play for a couple hundred hours. It’ll really sound good after that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Preamp/Digital: Meitner MA3
    HT Processor: Bryston SP3
    Amps: Bryston 14b3, Bryston 4b3
    Speakers: Kef Reference 5, Kef Reference 4c
    Sub: REL Carbon Special
    Power: Shunyata Denali, Bryston BIT15
    Wires: Wireworld Silver Eclipse XLR & SC, Ethernet - WW Platinum USB
    Other: Stillpoint Ultra SS, ISO-Acoustics ISO Pucks

-Kyle

I was away on a trip for two days. Yesterday night I was back and I wanted to listen through the bda-3. I had a weird problem, it looses the signal (can not lock) somehow for a few minutes and then returns to normal. This is through hdmi connection. Is there a firmware update or something that I should know of, I read something like that on some forums.

I was away on a trip for two days. Yesterday night I was back and I wanted to listen through the bda-3. I had a weird problem, it looses the signal (can not lock) somehow for a few minutes and then returns to normal. This is through hdmi connection. Is there a firmware update or something that I should know of, I read something like that on some forums.
    HI kodomo

I do not think there is any new software but email Mike at Bryston to make sure - mpickett@bryston.com

james

it keeps loosing signal somehow and can not be listened as of now... I am mailing Mike, thanks

it keeps loosing signal somehow and can not be listened as of now... I am mailing Mike, thanks
    Just to update. I don't know why but the problem seems to be on hdmi 1 input of my unit. When I connected to hdmi 2 input, it started working as its supposed to do. I have written Mike about it, waiting to hear from him.

mauidan

Deleted

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
    SUBJECT: Bryston BDA-3 DAC Review

January 2018

SHT Logo.JPG

BRYSTON BDA-3 DAC REVIEW -CARLO LO RASO

Hi Folks

Please see below link to an outstanding and detailed review of our Bryston BDA-3 DAC.

“THE BRYSTON BDA-3 DAC is almost the perfect nexus of sonic and tactile excellence. You could spend more, but why?”

https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/...-3-dac-review/

Favourite Quotes:

“If you want to hear it all, and I mean every last bit of it, plunk down your pocketbook on a Bryston BDA-3. You will not regret it.”

“These are examples of some of the measurements that I took to put the Line Linearity chart together. A series of fifteen measurements of a 24-bit, 1 kHz tone beginning at -20 dBFS and getting progressively lower in level to -150 dBFS were taken.

This defines “dead quiet.”

Hi, James.

Wanted to let you know my used Bryston purchases have now led to my first new Bryston purchase.

My local dealer (Mike Burns, Wolfsong Audio, can’t say enough good about Mike) was kind enough to bring his BDA-3 to my house today for a “shoot out” against my BDA-2, with associated BP26/28B3/Thiel CS6. Long story short the BDA-3 clearly put more “meat on the bones” of voices ( clearer portrayal of guttural, throaty sounds), guitars (hearing players not just change positions on the guitar neck but hearing their fingers slide down the strings), piano decays extended and image size expanded, etc vs what I was already convinced was an outstandingly musical BDA-2 performance. I placed an order with Mike for a BDA-3, considering also the more modular build approach of the BDA-3 for future upgradabilty.

Bravo to the Bryston Team! Have a great weekend,

Randy

http://www.bryston.com/PDF/reviews/2...view_BDA-3.pdf

... the Bryston DAC is not simply good, it is staggeringly good.

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
    SUBJECT: Bryston BDA-3 DAC – Customer Germany

Hi James,

I thought it over and just could not resist. I finally ordered the last BDA3 that was available at Avitech in Vienna. That should be it for the next 10 years ��

James, it sounds fantastic!

I compared a Mytek, T+A, Sugden, Violectric and the Bryston BDA3. The Bryston is by far the best. Also nice: older recordings do sound good. With the T+A these not-ideal recordings cannot be heard at all. A lot of money – but I am very happy with the DAC.

Merry Xmas!
    Holger

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Bryston BDA-3 Announced!