Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Dynaudio sold off to China - News Press

GoerTek Inc. acquires the majority shares of Dynaudio

GoerTek Inc. a consumer electronics company based in Weifang, China, has acquired the majority shares of Dynaudio. Wilfried Ehrenholz, the founder of Dynaudio, will remain as a minority shareholder and continue to participate in Dynaudio´s product and marketing strategy. Dynaudio is a significant player in the international speaker market and over the past 35 years Dynaudio has built a position as the leading high-end brand. Over the years, Dynaudio has been capable of applying its strong competencies within sound to the car industry and leading sound studios all over the world. GoerTek Inc. claim that they will be able to accelerate product development, innovation and growth strategy and further strengthen its position in the premium audio/speaker market.

Speakeasy

Re: Dynaudio sold off to China - News Press

That is a shocker. Lets hope it does not turn out the way Hafler did when similar happened years ago. I hate to lump everything made in China into one basket, but 99% of what USA gets that is made there is pure junk.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

That will be the end of Dynaudio.

Audioshark

DynAudio goes Chi-Fi.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

I hope that makes my old Audience 82s, 42s, and 122c more valuable
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

I'm of the view that Chi-Fi is junk too. But what annoys me most is the rampant espionage and intellectual property theft which has become the short sited bi-product of offshore manufacturing driven by the demand for lower production costs.

I live in a country where we no longer manufacturer anything. Without a manufacturing base, there is no innovation incentive IMO.

How many hundreds of billions did Alibaba float for? An e-store that encourages the counterfeit production of countless goods made in China.

Speakeasy

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I'm of the view that Chi-Fi is junk too. But what annoys me most is the rampant espionage and intellectual property theft which has become the short sited bi-product of offshore manufacturing driven by the demand for lower production costs.

I live in a country where we no longer manufacturer anything. Without a manufacturing base, there is no innovation incentive IMO.

How many hundreds of billions did Alibaba float for? An e-store that encourages the counterfeit production of countless goods made in China.
    Apparently we can't spell either.

Audioshark

Steve - I'm not sure all Chi-Fi is junk. The Line Magnetic 219ia is an excellent product, built like a tank, that sounds great. I heard some new chi-fi gear at RMAF that was quite good as well. There was an impressive turntable for $3700. They had some nice SET amps too.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    Thank the constant fighting with the auto correction for that.

Speakeasy

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Steve - I'm not sure all Chi-Fi is junk. The Line Magnetic 219ia is an excellent product, built like a tank, that sounds great. I heard some new chi-fi gear at RMAF that was quite good as well. There was an impressive turntable for $3700. They had some nice SET amps too.
    OK, I may have overstated myself emotionally. Given the rate of industrialisation, there will come a day when Chinese innovation will technically outflank the rest of the world. That could be a sombre thought.

I like buying Made In USA. I like buying Made In Denmark. I like buying Made In Australia. I like what that represents.

Speakeasy

Sad to see this.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Sad to hear this, I had always liked their range of products.

I am not a huge fan of China made products. I lived there and I've seen and experienced enough of production and quality issues. They may have the best factory, but it will take a single supply to screw up the final product. And it does happen.

The products made in China do not have any longevity as well. They may look and sound good when new, give it a few years and you will experience degradation and faults. For mass market items, they are OK as no one takes notice and just throws it away when it's broke, but I do not buy Chinese made high end - if it breaks, it can be painful.

That is a shocker. Utterly disappointing. I better hold on to my Dynaudio Sapphires as the company is not going to have the same cachet anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by apdoc2004 View Post
    That is a shocker. Utterly disappointing. I better hold on to my Dynaudio Sapphires as the company is not going to have the same cachet anymore.
    I totally agree. Dyanaudio as we all knew it is dead. May it rest in peace. How long will it be before all Dyanaudio production is moved to China? Now people will have to clearly state in their ads when they sell real Dynaudio speakers they are "pre-Chinese" Dynaudio.

I guess it will remain to be seen whether or not the line changes at all. Is it possible that they may actually get better? Oh the horror!

Sent from my HTC One.
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by dlb2 View Post
    I guess it will remain to be seen whether or not the line changes at all. Is it possible that they may actually get better? Oh the horror!

Sent from my HTC One.
    Seriously???

Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Sad face.

Quote Originally Posted by apdoc2004 View Post

Guys,
    As someone that works for the company and received word of this Monday morning, I must say that initially I was a little worried however after a conversation with Wilfried on Monday I now see why this has taken place and where the company is headed. First thing you must know and quite possibly the most important thing is that Dynaudio products will never move from Denmark. The CEO of GoerTek announced this personally and has said this was one of the most attractive aspects of Dynaudio, how a rather small company could have such advanced manufacturing in house. He is committed to the Dynaudio Legacy both personally and financially. Wilfried stated that this was a company(GoerTek) that shares his vision of Dynaudio for the future and will help us move up the timeframe and future projects and remain committed to quality and performance that we are known for. Wilfried retains 15% ownership and remains in the "man", all of our other management and production will remain the same so if you were to ask me I would say it is all positive. I am open to questions or concerns.

Mick Tillman
    Dynaudio North America

Seriously???
    Seriously.

Sent from my HTC One.
    Doug

Super Moderator

Mick,

Thank you so much for joining.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynlunatic View Post
    Guys,
    As someone that works for the company and received word of this Monday morning, I must say that initially I was a little worried however after a conversation with Wilfried on Monday I now see why this has taken place and where the company is headed. First thing you must know and quite possibly the most important thing is that Dynaudio products will never move from Denmark. The CEO of GoerTek announced this personally and has said this was one of the most attractive aspects of Dynaudio, how a rather small company could have such advanced manufacturing in house. He is committed to the Dynaudio Legacy both personally and financially. Wilfried stated that this was a company(GoerTek) that shares his vision of Dynaudio for the future and will help us move up the timeframe and future projects and remain committed to quality and performance that we are known for. Wilfried retains 15% ownership and remains in the "man", all of our other management and production will remain the same so if you were to ask me I would say it is all positive. I am open to questions or concerns.

Mick Tillman
    Dynaudio North America
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Audioshark

Guys,

Mick Tillman
    Dynaudio North America
    Thanks for clarifying Mick. Thanks for joining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys,

Mick Tillman
    Dynaudio North America

15% ownership doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of corporate business and the high-end is littered with former owners who lost control of their companies after a merger or sale. Some even lost the rights to their name like Mark Levinson and Bob Carver. Time will tell whether or not this was a good move for Dynaudio or it was a good move for GoerTek and China. I somehow doubt it will be both, but again, time will tell. It will also be interesting to see how GoerTek will "move up the time frame and future products and remain committed to quality and performance" if the production is going to remain in Denmark.

Seriously???
    +1 Really ?
    Paul

Makes me want to take my Special 25's out of the box and crank up some vinyl. As long as Mfg stays in Denmark they should hold onto the quality as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by dan31 View Post
    Makes me want to take my Special 25's out of the box and crank up some vinyl. As long as Mfg stays in Denmark they should hold onto the quality as expected.
    Anybody read the story about the clothing factory that just burned to the ground in Italy that was run by Chinese and employed smuggled Chinese workers that was manufacturing clothing that said "Made in Italy?"

Good thing Dynaudio isn't Italian!

Thanks for having me! I would like to be as much of a resource and myth muster as much as possible so ask away.

Thanks for having me! I would like to be as much of a resource and myth muster as much as possible so ask away.
    Right now Dyanaudio and their new owners are in the honeymoon phase where everything is peaches and cream. Please check back with us as time marches on and let us know how all of the inevitable changes are going.

Big Welcome MICK
    Glad to see you on some boards again. Don't be scared of the Sharks These folks are civilized.

Thanks for the explanation. The future will be interesting. If done right it could be better - just don't come out with too many upgrades too fast. It kills resale which is one of the better aspects Dynaudio has been known for. Moving up the line wasn't that costly at all.

Again welcome and thanks for joining.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

I don't think that would be considered a spelling error as much as using a noun where a verb is indicated.
    Listening Room: McIntosh C46, MEN220, MCD500, MR78-Modafferi modified, MPI4, MC602 (2), Pass Labs XVR1 (three-way), tri-amplified Infinity IRS Series V, TailTwister T2X rotator, AtlasSound FMA Rack, dedicated electrical sub-panel, NO TV!

Living Room: McIntosh C28, MC2300, Revox B226, Tascam CD355, Thorens TD125 MKII w/vacuum platter, Rabco SL-8E, Grace F9-E, McIntosh ML-2C (2) & ML-1C (4) stacked, MQ-107, SAE 2800, Nakamichi Dragon, Tandberg 64X, JL Audio f113 (2), NO TV!

Quote Originally Posted by GaryProtein View Post
    I don't think that would be considered a spelling error as much as using a noun where a verb is indicated.
    The reply editor with its stubborn auto corrector override was NOT Made In Australia. ��

Here's an adverb. FOR SALE. Dynaudio Evidence Master. Near new. Very low hours. PERTH WA seller. AU$48,500. CHEAP. RRP AU$149,000. I have heard these hooked up to Bryston gear & they did sound quite fantastic.

(classified is on Australian forum)

Speakeasy

Mick, thanks for the insider news. Greatly appreciated.

That said, the company I work for has changed ownership 4 times since I was hired 9 years ago. Each time we were all told the same thing you were told. Right from the CEOs mouth. Each time they let us think that for a time while in the darkness, they were scheduling all the mass changes, most for the worse.

Here is to wishing all the best for my favorite speaker company moving forward!
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -

As I said before, this is the stage of the relationship where everything is sweetness and light. Sort of like when you're first dating a woman and you are 1000 times nicer than you are in real life.

As I said before, this is the stage of the relationship where everything is sweetness and light. Sort of like when you're first dating a woman and you are 1000 times nicer than you are in real life.

LOL so true
    Main System:Mcintosh MC601's Amplifer,Mcintosh C1000/C1000T Preamp,Kef Ref 5 Speakers,Mcintosh MCD1100 CDP,Mcintosh MT 5 TT, Olive 04HD, Acoustic Zen Absolute Shotgun Cables,4 ELECTRA™ 7 Power Cords&2 Pairs of
    ECLIPSE 7 (EBI) XLR's, Consonance D-Linear 15 Ultra Reference Power Conditioner/Surge Protector, SolidTech "Rack of Silence"Reference 4 Audio Stand.

I really HOPE everyone is wrong because Dynaudio makes a fantastic speaker for the money. But I would also have to say if any Dyn owners are considering moving up the Dynaudio ladder now may be the to pull the trigger on existing inventories or roll the proverbial dice .
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Quote Originally Posted by volks View Post
    LOL so true
    Man to new date: "Why yes, I love to go to candle stores and sniff candle scents all day."

Man to new date: "Why yes, I love to go to candle stores and sniff candle scents all day."
    I was subjected to candle sniffing when I started dating again. I hate candles because those particulates will land on your HiFi gear! After the honeymoon period, candles were banned. LoL.

Any winging about my particulates is quickly dispelled with romantic music.

Speakeasy

Well hopefully the information "Mick" gave us will hold true, either way I am up for upgrading my current Dynaudio's! I got into this because I love music and Dynaudio to my ears produces the the most accurate sound with precision clarity that most other manufactures strive for.

I wish this happened 10 years from now so I'd have the means to buy some of Dynaudio's higher-end offerings.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Dynaudio sold off to China - News Press