Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wells Audio

Re: Wells Audio

Hey John, I'm glad you hooked up with Vinh. I can't wait to hear your impressions of the amplifier. Please make sure you keep me in the loop. Your get together with Vinh should be a lot of fun.-Jeff

Wells Audio Innamorata Polish double review

Marcin

Marcin,

Is there an english version?-Jeff

Jeff,

If you right click on the webpage you get a option to translate to english. Although I hang out with Lukasz here and there, I don't speak a lick of Polish.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jeff@wellsaudio.com View Post
    Marcin,

Jeff,

Also, if you use chrome to see the page, it will automatically offer to translate the page. Usually works like a charm.

Joe
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Marcin,

It's up to Polish dealer - I'll talk with Them ;-)
    Marcin

Thanks guys.-Jeff

I've had my Innamorata for about a year now, and have had nothing but good things to say about it. It's been reliable, powerful, and a joy to live with. I use a lot of the same analogies in describing it to my customers that I use about my speakers. Of note is that the Innamorata is just as resolving as any other amp I've used, but never induces fatigue and has an obvious sense of ease/refinement about it. It has a very black background, and is very good at allowing images to float in space free of any spatial constraints. It's more on the polite side than the engaging side, but does so in a way similar to a Hi-Res recording vs Redbook. The Redbook can at first sound more exciting, but that's edge and glare. The Hi-Res over time is more exciting but does so without drawing undue attention to it's presentation, the Innamorata is like that.

My only issues with the amp are that the chassis is much bigger than needs to be, making placement in existing racks an issue. And that the meter on front serves no purpose, other than verifying that the amp is receiving AC power

Hi Vapor,

Thanks for the report on your experience with the Innamorata. I think that your observations are astute and hit the nail on the head. After the first production run the chassis was reduced to 19 inches in width and should fit into nearly all standard audio racks in use. The AC meter was a way to get an inexpensive meter in play (because we all love meters) without having to raise the price into less financially obtainable territory.-Jeff

Any mono versions in the pipeline?

knghifi,

I have done monos by special order for my distributor in Poland. Because all of the amplifiers are built off of the same platform I could do a monoblock version of any of the stereo amps. I am not planning on offering a production monoblock model at this time but will probably offer on the website to build a version of any of the stereo amps in a monoblock version by special order.

Hey Jeff! I own a Wells Audio Akasha and it is the best SS amp I own. The voicing is natural and for 125 watts its plenty powerful for most any speaker. Plus I had a switch issue recently and Jeffs customer service is excellent! If you haven't heard a Wells Audio amp you need to.

Jeff any thoughts on offering a pre-amp
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Hi CPP

An all tube preamp is next on my agenda to design and build. We have built a couple of prototypes along the lines of what we want the finished product to be and they are better than anything in my experience. How quickly we can get it to market is a matter of resources. We are a small company started and operating in the worst economy in the US in 80 years and so are proud and delighted to have achieved so much in such a challenging economic climate. Having said this I am confident we should have a preamp in or near production in the next 6 months. We actually plan to build 2 models with target price points of approximately 3 & 6K each.-Jeff

knghifi,

I have done monos by special order for my distributor in Poland. Because all of the amplifiers are built off of the same platform I could do a monoblock version of any of the stereo amps. I am not planning on offering a production monoblock model at this time but will probably offer on the website to build a version of any of the stereo amps in a monoblock version by special order.
    Wells monos were playing during last Warsaw Audio Show:

Marcin

After auditioning at least half a dozen solid state and tube amps I chose the Wells Audio Innamorata Signature to drive my Daedalus Audio Ulysses V2 speakers. My prior amps were tube monoblocks so it was important to me to find an amp that excelled in the harmonic richness that tubes do so well along with having greater dynamics and bass weight and control that tube amps often struggle with doing. The Signature amp does it all. The sound is as sweet and tonally fleshed out as my tube amps but with significantly better clarity, frequency extension, and bass control. I couldn't be happier and really look forward to auditioning one of Jeff's preamps when they come to market.

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum fwinston! Thank you for joining. I'd love to hear the Innamorata Signature. I am sure it's wonderful.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Joe, you ever own or heard the wells innamorata?
    sonus faber guarneri evolution and raidho c1.2, berkeley alpha dac 2, micro Zotl m2z preamplifier, classe cam 400 mono amps, audio note lexus speaker cables, audioquest water interconnects

Super Moderator

No, I haven't. I was going to demo one with a refund opportunity but chickened out.

Quote Originally Posted by aerialacoustics View Post
    Joe, you ever own or heard the wells innamorata?

NAD C 658 streamer.

I heard the Wells Audio Innamorata at AXPONA a couple of years ago in a system using a United Home Audio reel to reel deck as a source, and even though it was an unfamiliar system I was able to determine that it performs at a very high level. The system's quality I experienced was dynamic, dimensional, with very natural harmonic decay and was one of the best sounding systems at the show that year.

Joe, does wells audio offer in home trials?
    sonus faber guarneri evolution and raidho c1.2, berkeley alpha dac 2, micro Zotl m2z preamplifier, classe cam 400 mono amps, audio note lexus speaker cables, audioquest water interconnects

Thanks Bill. I want to try a Wells. Did you here the signature version or first version. Signature version is more than twice the cost of the first version of innamorata

Thanks Bill. I want to try a Wells. Did you here the signature version or first version. Signature version is more than twice the cost of the first version of innamorata
    After doing a bit of research to refresh my memory, it was more than a couple years ago and was the standard (non-signature) version in the system referenced by Joe here.

Super Moderator

I don’t remember if it is standard policy or not. You can certainly reach out to the owner and arrange a trial. I’m sure it’s a great amp, but for some reason was just never excited enough to try it. That’s my own fault and could have been the one based on comments from many happy users.

Joe, does wells audio offer in home trials?

NAD C 658 streamer.

Any Wells Audio demo's at RMAF 2019 this year? I am thinking of trying one of their headphone amps in my high eff speaker setup ..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Wells Audio