Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Heading over to Napa...

My wife and I are heading over to the wine country for a few days. We have an excellent line up of wineries and restaurants for our visit. We do this trip every couple of years.

Weather will be nice and I'm sure wine and food will be fantastic.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Audioshark

Re: Heading over to Napa...

Sounds like fun. Traveling around Napa/Sonoma can be a lot of fun. My wife and I love that area. We usually always try to make it to Big Sur as well.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Mike, enjoy, should be a great trip! A friend of mine visited Quintessa and absolutely loved the tour there! Which wineries will you be visiting?

Allen

We are looking forward to it Mike. We are flying to Sacramento and driving to Napa. Easy and short drive.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by socfan12 View Post
    Mike, enjoy, should be a great trip! A friend of mine visited Quintessa and absolutely loved the tour there! Which wineries will you be visiting?
    We've been to Quintessa several times. Excellent wines and a very nice place. Their harvest party in September is fantastic.

Winery lineup:

Newton
    Shafer
    Palhmeyer
    Kistler
    Rafanelli (maybe - already in harvest and may not be able to receive us)
    Seghesio
    Jarvis
    Outpost

Plan to do 2 per day. We feel that in order to really enjoy the visits and the experience, 2 to 3 wineries per day is the max one should schedule.

Mike

Mike, a great lineup! I love Shafer. Had a case of some older Merlot (yes Merlot) that was more full bodied and tannic than some Cabs I've had.

No Caymus?

Allen

Been there before Allen. We really like the regular cab and their special select.

We like to visit different wineries.

Mike

Oh, by the way, we like just about all wine varietals including Merlot.

Yes, this varietal took a beating in the movie Sideways. But, done right it is terrific. Shafer has a very Merlot.

Mike

Enjoy! The little lady and I, used to make a regular thing of wine countries. Of course, it all started with Napa/Sonoma...but then we really took to the Finger Lakes region in NY as well. Done Central Coast, and this past year...Willamette/Walla Walla, in the Pacific Northeast.

Planning my 4th trip to FL as we speak. Can't grow reds worth a damn there...but they have some nice Rieslings and Gewurzt.
    CD

DAC/Pre-amp - PSAudio DsJ > Power-amp - > Speakers - PMC TwentyFive 23s

The wife and I have made several trips out to Napa. Always a good time.

Enjoy!
    Rance

Synology DS411+II | GigaFOILv4 + Keces P3 Power Supply | Shunyata Alpha Ethernet | Lumin S1 | VAC Master Line Stage | VAC Signature 200 iQ amps | Kharma Elegance dB11-S | SVS PC-4000 subs x 2 | Shunyata 6000/T v2 | Kharma Elegance signal cables| Luminous Audio Technology power cables | Isoacoustics OREA vibration isolators | Solid Tech racks | Vicoustic room treatments | Acoustic Sciences Corporation IsoWall + IsoCeiling construction

Quote Originally Posted by Ritmo View Post
    We've been to Quintessa several times. Excellent wines and a very nice place. Their harvest party in September is fantastic.

Winery lineup:

Newton
    Shafer
    Palhmeyer
    Kistler
    Rafanelli (maybe - already in harvest and may not be able to receive us)
    Seghesio
    Jarvis
    Outpost

Plan to do 2 per day. We feel that in order to really enjoy the visits and the experience, 2 to 3 wineries per day is the max one should schedule.
    Yeah, because after more than 2-3 winery visits in a day you will be hammered. Besides, your nose and hand will be worn out from all of the swirling and sniffing.

Heading over to Napa...

Mike...enjoy Napa. I've been a few times and every time I go, it plants the seed of wanting to retire there enjoy your time off and the great wine tastings and food
    Cyril
    Speakers/Amp/Preamp: Thiel CS2.4 / ARC Ref 110 / ARC Ref 3
    Sources: Basis 2001/Graham2.2/Nagra BPS/Benz Micro Glider SL, Dynavector 20X2-L, ARC CD7, Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Cables/Power/Other: Nordost Heimdall ICs, SCs / Shunyata Hydra 8, Shunyata Python Helix PC / VPI 16.5, HRS Nimbus isolation system

Quote Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
    Mike...enjoy Napa. I've been a few times and every time I go, it plants the seed of wanting to retire there enjoy your time off and the great wine tastings and food
    Yeah...me too; until you see, that a little rancher will set you back a cool million
    CD

DAC/Pre-amp - PSAudio DsJ > Power-amp - > Speakers - PMC TwentyFive 23s

I miss Sonoma county. I lives in Santa Rosa for awhile. Driving home where your neighbors have vineyards in backyard, and you tell the seasons by how high the vines are....heaven. One of the hidden gems to eat at is Martini House in St Helena - I like that area even better than downtown Sonoma.

Quote Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post
    Yeah...me too; until you see, that a little rancher will set you back a cool million
    Chris...I hear ya
    Cyril
    Speakers/Amp/Preamp: Thiel CS2.4 / ARC Ref 110 / ARC Ref 3
    Sources: Basis 2001/Graham2.2/Nagra BPS/Benz Micro Glider SL, Dynavector 20X2-L, ARC CD7, Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Cables/Power/Other: Nordost Heimdall ICs, SCs / Shunyata Hydra 8, Shunyata Python Helix PC / VPI 16.5, HRS Nimbus isolation system

Quote Originally Posted by Ritmo View Post
    Oh, by the way, we like just about all wine varietals including Merlot.

Yes, this varietal took a beating in the movie Sideways. But, done right it is terrific. Shafer has a very Merlot.
    +1 - completely agree Mike! Have a fantastic time!
    McIntosh MC501s, XRT29s, XR27, WS350s
    ModWright LS 300 preamplifier
    ModWright PH 9.0XT phono stage
    Oppo UDP-205 with ModWright Signature Truth Tube Modifications
    Cambridge Audio CXNv2 with ModWright Truth Tube Modifications
    Clearaudio Performance SE TT with Hana ML MC cartridge
    Outlaw 7000x HT Amplifier
    Denon AVR-X4700H HT Receiver (pre-amp mode)
    JL Audio F113 subs with CR-1 Crossover
    ASC & RealTraps Panels; APS PurePower 2000; Daedalus Audio DiDs
    WyWires, LAT International, Wireworld Cables

Quote Originally Posted by Dpod4 View Post
    I miss Sonoma county. I lives in Santa Rosa for awhile. Driving home where your neighbors have vineyards in backyard, and you tell the seasons by how high the vines are....heaven. One of the hidden gems to eat at is Martini House in St Helena - I like that area even better than downtown Sonoma.
    Nice! I went to the Martini house a few years ago. It closed and it is now under a different name - can't remember right now it but I know we are having dinner one night.

Mike

Audioshark

Mike - are you in Napa? Did you feel the earthquake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Mike, not sure if you are on your way now or not, but Napa and Northern Cali just got hit with a 6.0 earthquake.

Godspeed to everyone out in that area.

Allen

We are on our way. Landing in Sacramento in a few hrs. Called our hotel in Calistoga and all is ok there. Affected areas are in the southern part of Napa County.

I hope no one got hurt and that we don't have a lot of ground shaking this week.

enjoy the day. Great pinots at Rafanelli often served with dark chocolate. Very small but you really do need reservations in advance. They have a hard time accommodating drop inns. If you get a chance Barndiva in Healdsberg does a great lunch or sunday brunch.

Nick
    Nick

Main system :TAD CR1 speakers, Viola Labs Symphony amp,Pass XP-20 preamp., MSB Discrete DAC with twin power supplies and V2 Renderer module, Gigafoil V4 inline ethernet filter with uptone LPS-1 power supply with Ghent audio Gotham 2.1mm to 2.5mm cable and AG diamond ethernet cable, Sonicorbitor Roon Audiophile 6 TB network server-player , MG Audio Design Planus III jumpers & speaker cables, Zitron Cobra power cords, Shunyata Hydra AV, and acoustic zen absolute copper IC,. Room treatment ASC tower traps, Vicoustic absorber premium cinema wall and ceiling panels, and MSR acoustic trifusser side wall panel

I'm about 45 miles south of Napa and it woke me up......it lasted about 20 seconds and was a rolling type similar to the Loma Prieta we had back in 89.
    Dealer / Manufacture Disclosure:

Jeff Whitlock
    A/V Solutions / Unity Audio Design
    www.avsolutionsca.com

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Jeff, glad to hear you're ok. Read there were places wo power so didn't know you'd be able to respond or not.

Mike, have a great trip!

Allen

Quote Originally Posted by socfan12 View Post
    Jeff, glad to hear you're ok. Read there were places wo power so didn't know you'd be able to respond or not.

Mike, have a great trip!
    No issues here, most of the damage and power outages were centered around Napa......
    Dealer / Manufacture Disclosure:

Jeff Whitlock
    A/V Solutions / Unity Audio Design
    www.avsolutionsca.com

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Yep all damage is in Napa proper and the close by areas from the epicenter. So far no deaths, which is always welcome relief. However some of the roads around Napa proper are closed - so check before you drive around.

Jeff already nailed it - this felt like '89 except shorter duration and at bloody 3:30AM. Just to be safe I ran over to the 1Ks to make sure they weren't swaying. All good.
    Main: McIntosh XRT1K MDA1000 MC402 | JL F113 | M2Tech HiFace | WireWorld Cabling | RGPC1200C | PPP
    Office: Bel Canto S300iu 24/96 | KEF LS50 | REL R218 | WW Mini Eclipse | 6.3 TB Media Server
    Mobile: McIntosh MX406 MDA5000 MCD4000 MCC420M | JM Lab/Focal Utopia

That's what my friend in Santa Rosa said too. Mostly power outages and blown power transformers. Looks like from pics that wineries got hit hard as well as buildings in Napa.

Glad to hear that Jeff and Mike are ok!
    Myles B. Astor, Senior Editor, PF, www.positive-feedback.com
    Zellaton Plural Evo speakers, Goldmund Telos 1000 Nextgen mono amplifiers, Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier, Doshi Audio EVO and Goldmund PH3.8 phonostages, VPI Avenger direct-drive turntable/VPI 12-inch gimbal Fatboy/vdH Colibri Master Signature/Triangle Art Apollo cartridges, SAT LM-12 tonearms/Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, VPI 12-inch gimballed Carbon Fiber arm/vdh Black Crimson and Sumiko Songbird, Mutech Hayabusa cartridges
    Technics RS1506 reel-to-reel with low inductance Flux Magnetic heads, Doshi Audio EVO tapestage, AudioQuest Dragon Zero, Audience FrontRow, Ensemble PC, Skogrand, Kubala-Sosna Realization speaker cable, Ikigai Kangai speaker cable, SRA Craz 3/OHIO 2.3 platforms and Symposium ISIS/Ultra rack/platforms, Silver Circle Tchaik 6 PLC.

Jeff and E glad you guys are ok.

We got to our hotel in Calistoga around 2 pm yesterday. Getting up here from Sacramento was not bad. Some traffic lights on 29 in Napa were not working and, therefore, we experienced some delays. Some wineries were closed. The local news are reporting damage to some wineries. Also, some historic bldgs in Napa have been heavily damaged. Glad there were no major injuries.

Weather is great. Look forward to great wine, food and rest.

Lastly, I hope there are no strong aftershocks.

Mike

Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)

Be careful Mike !

And have a glass for me.
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs XP32......incoming
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Kharma Elegance speaker cables
    Kharma Elegance interconnects
    REL Subs

Hello, Ritmo Napa is one of the most beautiful wine towns for the wineries. Enjoy yourselves there.
    Thanks for your impressive lineup.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Heading over to Napa...