Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Summer is almost over and now its time to think about our beloved Shindo again.

Yes and in doing so does anyone have any plans for upgrades, sideways or downgrades? I have about three more weeks till my VosneeRomanee arrives, starting to get a little excited. Hopefully Matt is listen........

Super Moderator

Re: Summer is almost over and now its time to think about our beloved Shindo again.

Congratulations on the new piece. The Shindo gear looks awesome. Can't wait for your thoughts.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Audioshark

Re: Summer is almost over and now its time to think about our beloved Shindo again.

Congrats Ken. Look forward to your impressions of the VR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

I may order a couple of Mr. T's for an upgrade. Tried one a few weeks ago on my Vosne Romanee preamp and the difference in sound quality was noticeable. Not night and day difference but definitely better. Two of them should cover my amp's, preamp and turntable.

Congrat's on the VR purchase Ken. You will love it! What are you using now?
    Shindo D'Yquem's
    Shindo Vosne Romanee
    Devore 0/96
    Luxman PD-171
    Dynavector xx2 MkII
    Mac Mini
    Luxman DA-06
    Magnum Dynalab MD107t
    Shindo and A23 Cables

J.J.

Audioshark

Guys - not trying to open a can of worms....but do you think a pair of CCQ's would be a good fit for my Sonus Faber Stradivari's (4ohm/92db)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Guys - not trying to open a can of worms....but do you think a pair of CCQ's would be a good fit for my Sonus Faber Stradivari's (4ohm/92db)?

With what little I know I would say 4ohm = no.
    Chris

Garrard 301, SME 2012r, EMT TSD15, A23 T2 Hommage SUT, Shindo Montille, Shindo Aurieges, Shindo ICs and Auditorium Speaker Cables, Auditorium A23 Hommage 755a Speakers.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Cucumber_jones View Post
    With what little I know I would say 4ohm = no.
    Ok, thanks. That was my gut feeling too.

Now...(again, not trying to open a can of worms)....but if not Shindo, then what have the Shindo folks heard that sounds similar to Shindo? Jadis perhaps?

No, not a good fit. 92db not a huge problem for CCQ's but they are designed for 8ohm minimum and a fairly flat impedance curve. Think Devore Silverback type of speaker as a just one example.
    Shindo D'Yquem's
    Shindo Vosne Romanee
    Devore 0/96
    Luxman PD-171
    Dynavector xx2 MkII
    Mac Mini
    Luxman DA-06
    Magnum Dynalab MD107t
    Shindo and A23 Cables

J.J.

Now...(again, not trying to open a can of worms)....but if not Shindo, then what have the Shindo folks heard that sounds similar to Shindo? Jadis perhaps?

I don't think Jadis sounds like Shindo. I had a Jadis el34 integrated years back that was great - absolutely beautiful sound. Properly executed Shindo gives you some of that, but - contrary to uniformed reports - is neither dark nor romantic. It is extremely dynamic and musically detailed (I think I might have just made that phrase up...but my gm70 are like a great 45 with no practical limits.)

I'm going to get a TSD15 in an A shell because I'm tired of flipping tonearms from G's to A's.

Mike. If you want to have the shindo gears. I would say go for it!!. do not wasting your time to find the shindo wanna be's coz its still never going to be shindo.

I wouldn't careless what people say. Just follow your gut. It's your system and you are the one who is going to listen 99% of time. I seen people using on 85 db with 6 ohms with great result.

If you want it just go for it. I wouldn't listen to any ones opinion. Coz they never will be with you in your room but you are.

Plus following by the book is boring
    Paul

I would would love to hear Leben separates. Maybe they would work with your SF. Their new CS100P power amp puts out 100 W. and has adjustable output impedance 4/6/8/16 ohms. Can't find much info online about them.
    But I absolutely love my little Leben CS300XS integrated.
    DALE

Main system: Shindo Masseto, Shindo Cortese, Devore Orangutan O/96, Thorens TD125 MkII by Artisan Fidelity, Ortofon RS-309D, Ortofon SPU Classic, W4S modded Sonos, Metrum dac, Shindo
    and Auditorium A23 cables.
    Second system: Accuphase E-280, B & W CWM7.3 S2, W4S modded Sonos,Metrum dac, A23 cables
    Garage system: Yamaha A-S2100 integrated, JBL PRO 3677, Sonos thru Cambridge Dac Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by kev313 View Post
    I'm going to get a TSD15 in an A shell because I'm tired of flipping tonearms from G's to A's.

Great Garrard! Love it. What mat is that? I just got a a23 hommage to upgrade from my regular a23 mat.
    Chris

Garrard 301, SME 2012r, EMT TSD15, A23 T2 Hommage SUT, Shindo Montille, Shindo Aurieges, Shindo ICs and Auditorium Speaker Cables, Auditorium A23 Hommage 755a Speakers.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Katoomer View Post
    I would would love to hear Leben separates. Maybe they would work with your SF. Their new CS100P power amp puts out 100 W. and has adjustable output impedance 4/6/8/16 ohms. Can't find much info online about them.
    Yes, I would love to look into those.

Mike

Did you contact the guy I told you about in reference to the Shindo?

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Mike

Did you contact the guy I told you about in reference to the Shindo?
    Not yet...I've been slammed with other things.

I understand that. I would be surprised if he doesn't have something in his "lineup" that wouldn't fit your needs. Have you tried the LM with the Strad's yet?.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I understand that. I would be surprised if he doesn't have something in his "lineup" that wouldn't fit your needs. Have you tried the LM with the Strad's yet?.
    Not yet...the thought of carrying that massive beast upstairs isn't too appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Katoomer View Post
    Dale,
    When I was down at Arizonia Hifi I listen to the Leben CS660 but I bought the Cortese. Frankly with the Proac speaker I had at that time I would have been better off with the CS660. The thing with Leben is he's not building amps to work with a hand full of speakers that all cost way to much. Don't get me wrong I love shindo but it's put a major dent in my savings account. I need to start a chapter of SA. Hi my name is bob and it been since last Tuesday since I ordered any shindo...... Hi bob

Quote Originally Posted by KenSea View Post
    Dale,
    When I was down at Arizonia Hifi I listen to the Leben CS660 but I bought the Cortese. Frankly with the Proac speaker I had at that time I would have been better off with the CS660. The thing with Leben is he's not building amps to work with a hand full of speakers that all cost way to much. Don't get me wrong I love shindo but it's put a major dent in my savings account. I need to start a chapter of SA. Hi my name is bob and it been since last Tuesday since I ordered any shindo...... Hi bob
    When I bought my Cortese I discussed with Matt about doing Leben separates instead of Shindo. He steered me back on the Shindo path, but I think some day I will try Leben. It is beautiful equipment.
    DALE

Main system: Shindo Masseto, Shindo Cortese, Devore Orangutan O/96, Thorens TD125 MkII by Artisan Fidelity, Ortofon RS-309D, Ortofon SPU Classic, W4S modded Sonos, Metrum dac, Shindo
    Second system: Accuphase E-280, B & W CWM7.3 S2, W4S modded Sonos,Metrum dac, A23 cables
    Garage system: Yamaha A-S2100 integrated, JBL PRO 3677, Sonos thru Cambridge Dac Magic.

Mike-

Ayre sounds really good with SF in my (limited) experience. No feedback design, but will drive the impedance (and tough phase angle) well- yes the amp is a hair dry, but this complements the SF well. Coupled with a tube preamp, might be dynamite. It has a megaohm input impedance, so any tube preamp in the world is your oyster.

For p/p tube, you have very good amps in the Phi 200s. Maybe tube roll the KT88s some more with the new speaks? EAR would be my next recommendation. The 890- but it needs to be retubed. Relatively inexpensive too. TDP amps aren't stale sounding.

Jadis and Zu is a poor combo from what Roy Gregory says, so I never tried it. It's very warm though, so perhaps not a good match with Strads. I've also heard of repair issues in the past and they seem to rotate distributors regularly.

KeithR
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Audioshark

Thanks Keith....good thoughts. I have alway liked Ayre gear. Would love to hear it on the Strads.

I'm also going to focus on the Shindo that I do have and try to maximize my system. Inspiration:

http://truefi.blogspot.com/2014/03/i...ic-ii.html?m=1

Great Garrard! Love it. What mat is that? I just got a a23 hommage to upgrade from my regular a23 mat.
    That's just a thin DIY job that is somewhere between leather and suede. The A23 mats seem cool. I might email Matt about one of those, but I just ordered another Mr. T and and emt tsd15.

That's just a thin DIY job that is somewhere between leather and suede. The A23 mats seem cool. I might email Matt about one of those, but I just ordered another Mr. T and and emt tsd15.

Hey. Ask JH for my email and I will send you my a23 mat to try out. I now use the hommage. I love my emt btw.
    Chris

Awwwwww , a very wise man has spoken

Awwwwww , a very wise man has spoken

Chris- Do you like the $250 A23 Homage mat better than the $100 A23 mat ?
    I have the latter on both of my tables.... Cheers -Don

Quote Originally Posted by fjn04 View Post
    Chris- Do you like the $250 A23 Homage mat better than the $100 A23 mat ?
    I have the latter on both of my tables.... Cheers -Don
    Yeah I think so. I have only had it for a week or so. I got my new speakers at the same time so it is tough to evaluate at this point. I may A/B at some point.
    Chris

What is the A23 mat?

I had gm70's with Sonus Faber speakers. Sounded quite good but the sound became effortless when swapped for the petite latours.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by rower View Post
    I had gm70's with Sonus Faber speakers.
    I give up.

Hey. Ask JH for my email and I will send you my a23 mat to try out. I now use the hommage. I love my emt btw.
    Can't you just PM him your email yourself?
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by dlb2 View Post
    must be a secrecy pact through shindo. lmao!!!!!! the distributor has to know everything.
    hahaha!!!! j/k of course.
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Rega/Ortofon/Viva 300b/KR

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

Quote Originally Posted by dlb2 View Post
    Seems he can't figure out pm's on the app.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Petro85 View Post
    must be a secrecy pact through shindo. lmao!!!!!! the distributor has to know everything.
    I am sure this is just a super funny joke. But Sorry my post to help a fellow member upset you so much you had to take the time to make a post about it. I will try not to wast my my time helping fellow members again.
    Chris

Seems he can't figure out pm's on the app.
    Gotcha. Just trying to help out.
    Doug

I don't think Jadis sounds like Shindo. I had a Jadis el34 integrated years back that was great - absolutely beautiful sound. Properly executed Shindo gives you some of that, but - contrary to uniformed reports - is neither dark nor romantic. It is extremely dynamic and musically detailed (I think I might have just made that phrase up...but my gm70 are like a great 45 with no practical limits.)

Agreed.
    I have a Jadis DA30 integrated in my living room. With NOS EL34 Siemens tubes. But works also with KT88 and 6550.
    Very nice sound but clearly colored.
    Shindo is much cleaner and neutral.

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk
    Shindo, Nagra, Electrocompaniet, Harbeth, AMR, Mc Intosh, Auditorium 23, Rega, DeVore, JC Verdier, WireWorld, Kimber

Easy there.... I use the tapatalk app for forum access and haven't figured out any way to view my pm's. They come up in my "feed" but then I cannot retrieve them unless I go to the full forum site.

If anyone knows how to navigate this, please let me know.

Audioshark

Easy there.... I use the tapatalk app for forum access and haven't figured out any way to view my pm's. They come up in my "feed" but then I cannot retrieve them unless I go to the full forum site.

If anyone knows how to navigate this, please let me know.

Kev - have you created a TapaTalk account? It's free...I think.

This is what I see on my phone:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408989452.343024.jpg

Press the three lines in the top left corner and get:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408989473.030735.jpg

wow ... j/k means just kidding ..... i thought.
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Rega/Ortofon/Viva 300b/KR

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

Mike's correct, you need to have an account and be signed in to access and write messages. It's free and has some nice features when signed in.
    Doug

Kev - have you created a TapaTalk account? It's free...I think.

This is what I see on my phone:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408989452.343024.jpg

Press the three lines in the top left corner and get:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408989473.030735.jpg
    Mike - That's awesome! I've got an account, I just didn't know how to get my messages! Thanks!!

I give up.
    What do you give up on?

I am just mad at the whole internet today...
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cucumber_jones View Post
    i am just mad at the whole internet today...
    grumpy old man!
    DALE

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team