Kharma Elegance speaker cables
    Kharma Elegance interconnects
    REL Subs

Re: EVOs have arrived!

Quote Originally Posted by MDP View Post
    Congrats on a great system!
    Thank you Mark!

Jason...congrats on the Bicasti DAC. From all the reports and your own commentary from when you auditioned it, it is clear that you will be enjoying some digital tunage going forward
    Cyril
    Speakers/Amp/Preamp: Thiel CS2.4 / ARC Ref 110 / ARC Ref 3
    Sources: Basis 2001/Graham2.2/Nagra BPS/Benz Micro Glider SL, Dynavector 20X2-L, ARC CD7, Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Cables/Power/Other: Nordost Heimdall ICs, SCs / Shunyata Hydra 8, Shunyata Python Helix PC / VPI 16.5, HRS Nimbus isolation system

Super Moderator

Ping Jason.

Are the Evos for sale? What's next? Wilson Sabrina?
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Ping Jason.

Are the Evos for sale? What's next? Wilson Sabrina?
    Yup. :-)
    Listed for sale and moving to Sabrina in Obsidian Black.

Super Moderator

Awesome!

The new Wilson speakers really blew me away. I am SURE you will love them. Keep us updated.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

I'm very excited. Sabrina should arrive in a week or two. The waiting is always agony. My Guarneri Evo's sold and I am speakerless...boo.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian05 View Post
    I'm very excited. Sabrina should arrive in a week or two. The waiting is always agony. My Guarneri Evo's sold and I am speakerless...boo.
    I still miss my Evos, but the Sabrinas should be a lot of fun!

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    I still miss my Evos, but the Sabrinas should be a lot of fun!
    Im certain I will miss the Guarneri at times. I wanted to have something full range to pair with the Bricasti system. The Sabrina is the first Wilson that really struck me as resolving, though musical and offering a touch of warmth. Very very anxious to get them in house. Then I need to find a good cabling match...?

Super Moderator

What cables are you using now? I am all Kimber copper (both rca and xlr) now and LOVE it.

NAD C 658 streamer.

I am planning on trying Kimber Select Copper XLR and speaker cables and also Synergistic Research Atmosphere level 3 and 4. Any other good suggestions?

My local dealer is using Kimber Monocle XL on the Sabrina.

Super Moderator

I think Transparent Audio is another synergistic match. The better stuff can get very expensive.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian05 View Post
    I just ordered some new Nordost Heimdall 2 speaker cables, jumpers and interconnect.
    I've heard the Red Dawn 2 with the EVOs and I think they give a really nice balance (adds a very attractive transient snap/definition) to a fairly smooth sounding speaker. I hope the Heindall 2 will be even better...they are being run in on the Nordost Vidar machine this week and should arrive middle of next week. Anxiously waiting.
    I happen to have Red Dawn LS connected to my EVOs. From CD to Pre to Amp to EVOs, the wires are Tye2,Red Dawn and Red Dawn.
    The EVOS have arrived for 2 month now and I find them very hard to fault,even with my low powered Accuphase amp (30w Class A).

Wish you great results with the Heimdall cable.
    By the way, 4 bass tubes are installed at the back wall because my room is only at around 3mx4.5m.

Esoteric K-05,Oppo BDP 95, Cocktail Audio X50
    Accuphase C-2420,Mark levinson 532h,NuPrime IDA8, Line Magnetic 210IA(300B) & AS-125(211)
    Sonus Faber Guarneri Evo, Raidho X-1,ELAC 310ib, Elac 203.2,Acoustic Energy AE1 Classic, Spendor 3/5 SE
    Nordost Tyr2&Red dawn xlr,Analysis Plus Big Silver, Cardas Clear Power x 2,NBS Blk Label2,Voodoo Fire Dragon,Furutech Flux50x2 etc.

XLR interconnect shootout of 14 cables over 6 weeks

here is a recap of personal testing i did a few months ago on interconnects. hope it makes for some fun reading!

i have been auditioning xlr IC's for about 6 weeks now. it has been quite a process. fun and ear opening. i read as many reviews as i could and then borrowed cables from the cable company and a few dealers. the list i tried include:

group 1: audio quest water
    Nordost heimdall 2 and tyr 2. this group from local dealer
    group 2: cardas clear
    cardas reflection
    synergistic research atmosphere level 3
    silent source
    group 3: wire world gold and platinum eclipse 7
    kimber ks-1116
    kimber ks-1036(rca version of xlr ks-1136)
    MIT sl-matrix 50
    group 4: nordost valhalla 2
    ww platinum eclipse 7 again
    MIT oracle matrix 50 revision 2

i auditioned in groups and tried to pick a winner before moving to next group. at first i really liked the nordost try 2 but local dealer would not leave with me so i had to remember the sonic signature. group 2 the cardas clear won. very easy listening cable. good bass extension. but ultimately not enough mid and high detail. group 3 initially mit but after burning in seemed to mellow out maybe too much. kimber and ww platinum close but kimber had an edginess and brightness to high's. ww platinum very nice overall but a bit less articulate in mid and highs; some sounds seemed less airy and not so well defined. group 4 i borrowed again the ww platinum out of all cables in groups 1-3 to pick a winner from group 4 since ww platinum lower price point and wanted to compare side by side and not have to remember. i listened to around 12 different cd's that i know pretty well including bob james and earl klugh, earl klugh alone(late night guitar is awesome), diana krall, loggins and messina, pink floyd, duet, cat stevens, grateful dead, nancy wilson, grover washington, norah jones, and several others. the ww was the first to get eliminated; it didn't seem to have the airy detail around instruments but was still a very nice sounding cable. so 2 remain. i went back and forth over the course of 2 days(the local dealer allowed me to borrow the valhalla 2 by leaving him deposit of 1/2 the cable; crazy but i wanted to make sure i heard this well reviewed cable). valhalla 2 had almost too much detail in high's on a lot of recordings and not much low end. sounded thin. the amount of detail almost got tiring and fatiguing. the MIT oracle 50.2 was in a different league. it had just the right amount of detail without being edgy or bright. it had a warmth similar to the cardas clear(maybe due to both being all copper). the bass was very articulate and in control. the mids and vocals just sounded amazing. but the 3 dimensional holographic image was immediately heard the instant the music started. it was like no other cable i auditioned. the soundstage was impressively wide but many others were as well including nordost, ww platinum. but everytime i put mit back in i just sat back in chair with a big grin on my face. i really wanted to like the nordost better(such great reviews especially in TAS annual review issue) but in my system and my ears the MIT oracle matrix 50.2 was the clear winner. i ended up purchasing that cable yesterday and i expect it will remain in my system indefinitely; it sounds that good!! thanks for listening and hope this might help others in their search.

ed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

EVOs have arrived!