Re: Inspiration Series

"...the sky is blue"

True that!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j2020 View Post
    "...the sky is blue"

True that!
    Ever heard either of the preamps... Or are you just chiming in because of the price difference?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: AMG V12 + AMG 12j2 arm + Benz Micro Gullwing SLR MC/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono cable/ Stillpoints LPI/ Soulution 520 preamp with phono section/ Synology NAS with Roon and HD Plex linear PSU with Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE/ AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist MK II/ Soulution 511/ WyWires Platinum ICs + power cables/ Magico S3 mk2/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ REL S5 SHO/ REL Blue/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata AlphaHC (x2)+ Alpha+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Sbooster LPSU/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes....and.... Yes.

4. Likes Kuoppis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes....and.... Yes.
    How would you describe the difference in their sound then?

Big rig: AMG V12 + AMG 12j2 arm + Benz Micro Gullwing SLR MC/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono cable/ Stillpoints LPI/ Soulution 520 preamp with phono section/ Synology NAS with Roon and HD Plex linear PSU with Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE/ AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist MK II/ Soulution 511/ WyWires Platinum ICs + power cables/ Magico S3 mk2/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ REL S5 SHO/ REL Blue/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata AlphaHC (x2)+ Alpha+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Sbooster LPSU/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Post Thanks / Like

Your question : Ever heard EITHER of the preamps.....
    My answer : Yea.

The difference between the 2 preamps? - you would most certainly already know the answer to that one. Which is why you upgraded.

Congrats and enjoy! I am so green with envy!

Post Thanks / Like

Inspiration Series

Your question : Ever heard EITHER of the preamps.....
    My answer : Yea.

The difference between the 2 preamps? - you would most certainly already know the answer to that one. Which is why you upgraded.

Congrats and enjoy! I am so green with envy!
    Ok, fair enough and sorry for the quizzing. I was just curious, as I still find the K-5 xe MP to be very good value for its price.

What happened to me, is that I had the K-5 xe MP and the VX-5 and then upgraded to the KX-5 Twenty and sent the VX-5 in for the Twenty upgrade as well. The KX-5 Twenty however arrived three months before I got my VX-5 Twenty upgrade slot. Surprisingly enough, I found the K-5 xe MP to be a better pairing with the non-upgraded VX-5, as it is slightly warmer than the KX-5 Twenty.

When I however got the VX-5 Twenty back it was significantly better with improvements in terms of bass heft, richer colors and ability to display instrument timbres, as well as dynamics. Only now was I able to fully benefit from the quite huge step-up switching from the older to the never generations.

All-in-all the the Twenty versions are really in a different league compared to their older siblings, but the K-5 xe MP is maybe the easier preamp to pair, as the KX-5 Twenty also requires a better power amp to really shine.

Hence my point of view (just individual opinion), that it's not always just the higher price that will tell us what is the better choice .

Post Thanks / Like

Inspiration INTEGRATED 1.0

Attached Images Attached Images
    Marcin

Post Thanks / Like

Have any of you tried using Constellation Inspiration Preamp 1.0 and Stereo 1.0 power amp to match with Magico A3/Q3?
    There are some posts saying that the bass would be somehow repressed/
    Any experienced users can share their opinion?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chekin View Post
    Have any of you tried using Constellation Inspiration Preamp 1.0 and Stereo 1.0 power amp to match with Magico A3/Q3?
    There are some posts saying that the bass would be somehow repressed/
    Any experienced users can share their opinion?
    I own Constellation Revelation Pictor and Taurus and my speakers are Magico S3 and I have never felt any problems with the bass.

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jabba View Post
    I own Constellation Revelation Pictor and Taurus and my speakers are Magico S3 and I have never felt any problems with the bass.
    Agreed. Some of the first gen Constellation was a little light with bass. But this new stuff (new models, v2 stuff) is superbly balanced, liquid and smooth on top. Big improvements. Plenty of bass and control now!
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3