Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

CH Precision vs. Soulution

Hi,

A quite obvious comparision - which I haven't really seen anyone make - would be a swiss battle inbetween CH Precision and Soulution. Both shares the same pedigree somehow with expertise within both digital front end development and analogue amplification.

Any thoughts or experiences would be most valuable.

Thanks.

/ Marcus
    PERFECT SENSE
    www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | info@perfect-sense.se | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

Audioshark

Re: CH Precision vs. Soulution

I've heard both and to be honest, as I walked the halls at CES, I can't tell you how many times I heard a representative say "we feel our amp sounds as good as Soulution" or "we feel our amp has more resolution than Soulution." So, you know if they are talking about you, you are the one to beat.

Sonically, both amps are exceptionally good. The soulution is dynamic, lightening fast, offering incredible resolution and clarity with iron fisted control. The CH precision was a slightly softer, more musical presentation. More laid back if you will, but with excellent control. I know the CH Precision also has adjustability (I believe for feedback?)....but don't recall the specifics. I looked, listened, asked the price, smiled and quietly left.

IMHO - the only thing that keeps either from gaining more success is price. Then again, many audiophiles are a funny bunch when it comes to the price of something.

http://www.psaudio.com/pauls-posts/h...t-be-any-good/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Apparently CH supplied Soulution with digital technology (at least according to TAS) and Marshall Nack of Positive Feedback did a CH/Soulution comparison and preferred CH. He also just reviewed the CH digital rig and apparently proclaimed it as the current state of the art.CH Precision A1 Amplifiers
    CH Precision

Both are superb brands with different flavors.The Soulution to me sounded refined but distant, dry and somewhat sterile/clinical while CH sounded more organic, present, life-like - more to my liking - like Mike said "more musical." Variables like speaker choice and tastes would obviously factor in to this equation and either product would seem to appeal to different listeners/tastes.

It's a pity Marshall doesn't have the latest Soulution products.
    Jon

I've listened to both, but in different rooms, different speakers, etc, so no basis to compare. But I certainly do love my CH gear...

Allen

Same for me as far as listening impressions, but I felt both brands make excellent products. I did purchase Soulution though.
    Jon

My vote goes to CH.
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

I would be interested to see how the CH Precision compared to the new 711 and 725. The 711 is much improved over the 710. I am a very big soulution fan especially with Raidho speaker. I have not heard ch precision so I cannot comment on that but would love to hear that brand.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Design Audio Video is a dealer for:

Electronics:
    Accuphase, Constellation, Pass Labs, McIntosh, Krell, Bryston, Devialet, Mark Levinson, EAR, T+A, Octave

Speakers:
    Raidho, Focal, Revel, Dynaudio, JBL, Sonus Faber

Cables:
    Tara Labs, Shunyata, Nordost, Straightwire, Ansuz, Transparent

Accessories:
    Stillpoints, Quadraspire, Shelter, Transrotor

D5 next to monitor pl200
    Attached Images Attached Images

Electronics:
    Accuphase, Constellation, Pass Labs, McIntosh, Krell, Bryston, Devialet, Mark Levinson, EAR, T+A, Octave

Speakers:

Cables:

Accessories:

Sorry wrong thread for those pics

Electronics:

Speakers:

Cables:

Accessories:

Quote Originally Posted by Design Audio Video View Post
    I would be interested to see how the CH Precision compared to the new 711 and 725. The 711 is much improved over the 710. I am a very big soulution fan especially with Raidho speaker. I have not heard ch precision so I cannot comment on that but would love to hear that brand.
    CH Precision doesn't offer a stereo version at the same (price) level as the Soulution 711. The 711 is approx. 40% more expensive than the A1 I believe, which might make a direct comparision less valid.

My gut feeling tells me that both brands would work very well with Raidho.
    PERFECT SENSE
    www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | info@perfect-sense.se | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

I don't have as much experience as David, or many others for that matter, but I've found that Raidho speakers tend to sound similar across various brands of matching electronics. Other speakers, like Magico, can sound quite different depending on the components.

And this is not to say that Raidho speakers aren't transparent or don't sound different with various brands. I compared Simaudio and Soulution in my room, and have heard Raidho with many other brands, and the speakers always sound very good. So yes, I think CH would sound great with Raidho.
    Jon

I find CH to be more the more refined of the two, and the Soulution to be the more grunty and raw natured one. The S amp scales very well in the dynamics department but I felt didn't have as much control as the CH.

Not better/worse, just different.

CH amps have one particular feature that makes them desirable for most any speaker setup. Totally adjustable local and Global feedback that can setup once at the start and you get ideal speaker matchup. its a similar idea as my Rowen modded amp uses...ie negative output impedance that attemps to compensate for speaker cable and X-over losses. CH does the same with the feedback setup I described about. i really need to buckle down and do the site visit writeup I promised to monoandstereo...
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Arcade
    Have you listened to the 711? It is much different sounding than the 710 and much improved in my opinion. Just curious if your description of soulution sound was from the 710 or 711. I am not trying to debate you but just simply wondering about the CH Precision sound. Only have the 711 as a reference point. It sounds like CH Precision may sound similar to Accuphase

Electronics:

Speakers:

Cables:

Accessories:

No, CH precision does not sound like Accuphase at all, which was always refined but somewhat lifeless and dull for me after a while. CH, at least in the context of my system with Zellaton speakers, is incredibly fast and alive. It just sounds like real live music with no vail. The timing and musical insight is really unique. Looks like TAS just gave CH a Golden Ear award in its September issue which is unusual for a first review/newcomer. I still like Soulution and the way it's voiced - but CH edges it with a musical "rightness" that I love.

That why they call the A1 the SS "POWER triode". LoL
    NORMAN

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team