Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

MBL - - - Speakers

Anybody that know me know that i'm a full range panel kind of guy BUT when it sounds good it sounds good panel or box i don't care and here is one line of speakers that i like.

mbl_120.jpg = 120 RC - - - 9333_untitled-1.jpg = 126 RC - - - 116 F = 20106231047401216.jpg - - -

111 F = mbl111f01.jpg - - -
    André - - - Keep it simple system
    Amp = Chord CPM-2600
    Source = Chord One
    Speakers = Acoustat 1+1s highly modified
    Life without Acoustat is possible BUT senseless.

Re: MBL - - - Speakers

101 X - Treme = 377505015_640.jpg - - - 101 X - Treme = MBL101X2.jpg - - -

1O1E MK2 IMG_9071ambl.jpg - - - 101E MK2 = rmaf08_048.jpg - - -
    Amp = Chord CPM-2600
    Source = Chord One

Audioshark

I created an MBL forum tonight.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Thank's Mike i was told by Joe that it would take a little time but it sure went fast is there any way to transfer my posts here or is it better to cancel the other one and do it again here ?????.
    Amp = Chord CPM-2600
    Source = Chord One

Audioshark

Yes. I will take care of that for you!

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Audioshark

Done.

Done.
    Hey Mike you are quicker than Domino's Pizza, thank's again.

- - - Updated - - -

MBL Corona Line.

Cd player CD-31 = mbl_C31_black_gold.jpg - - - Preamp C-11 = mbl_C11_black_gold.jpg - - - Int amp C-51 = mbl_C51_black_gold.jpg - - - Stereo amp C-21 = mbl_C21_black.jpg - - -
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Amp = Chord CPM-2600
    Source = Chord One

MBL Corona Line.

Cd player CD-31 = mbl_C31_black_gold.jpg - - - Preamp C-11 = mbl_C11_black_gold.jpg - - - Int amp C-51 = mbl_C51_black_gold.jpg - - - Stereo amp C-21 = mbl_C21_black.jpg - - -
    Mono amp C-15 = MBL-C15-Mono-Power-Amplifier.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

MBL Noble Line

Cd transport 1521A = Attachment 931 - - - D/a converter 1511 F = Attachment 932 - - - Cd player 1531A = Attachment 933 - - - Preamp 5011 = Attachment 934 - - - Int amp 7008A = Attachment 935
    Last edited by MrAcoustat; April 25, 2013 at 10:17 PM.
    Amp = Chord CPM-2600
    Source = Chord One

A great line with incredible sound. One day I hope to have an MBL system somewhere in my home.
    Michael

Magico S5s; PASS Labs Xs150s and Xs preamplifier; Lumin A1; Synergistic Research Galileo LE Powercell, Galileo LE speaker cables and interconnects, Galileo LE Analog and Digital power cords, Transporter Ultra SE, Tranquility Bases, MiGs, HFTs, XOTs, FEQ, Vibratron and Bass Station.

MBL Noble Line - Suite

Amp 9007 = mbl_9007_black_gold.jpg - - - Amp 9008 = mbl_9008_A_black_chrome.jpg
    Amp = Chord CPM-2600
    Source = Chord One

MBL Reference Line

Cd transport 1621A =
    mbl_1621A_black.jpg - - - D/a converter 1611F =mbl_1611F_black_chrome.jpg - - - Preamp 6010 D = mbl_6010D_black.jpg - - -

Power amp 9011 = mbl_9011_black_chrome.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Joe & Mike extremely fast service.
    Amp = Chord CPM-2600
    Source = Chord One

I had to skip over a great number of high priced speakers to get something worthy of taking the place of my MBL 111F's. I have yet to hear a audio set-up that comes close to creating the audio epiphany I had when I first spent several hours listening to a properly set-up with the xTremes. The room was energized by the music. All four of those large columns just disappeared.
    MBLFinal1.JPG
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    I had to skip over a great number of high priced speakers to get something worthy of taking the place of my MBL 111F's. I have yet to hear a audio set-up that comes close to creating the audio epiphany I had when I first spent several hours listening to a properly set-up with the xTremes. The room was energized by the music. All four of those large columns just disappeared.
    MBLFinal1.JPG
    Jim,

I always wondered what 101s would sound like with non-MBL mono blocks?

Quote Originally Posted by Howiebrou View Post
    Jim,

Howie
    I do know that the 111f's sounded good with the Momentums. I haven't heard them with anything but MBL. I know one individual who mused Spectron Mono and loved it.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Howiebrou View Post
    Jim,

There are so many fine electronics i think when it's good it's good, it then becomes a question of CHOICE class A/B - A - Tubes - even some like class D , I aint one of them i love BIG & HEAVY units that is just MY choice i simply have a problem with 500 watts mono blocks that weigh 22 pounds MY choice given the money would be a pair of Krell MRA,s over the newer Momentum one hundred miles an hour and i'm sure that they are BOTH very very good.

PS: They are all beautifu amps BUT my choice would be the MRA #1 - Jeff Rowland 9 #2 and the Krell Momentum #3 i always did like the heavy gear.

647e3f12_Krell-MRA-Monoblock.jpeg - - - - - 213dog.promo_.jpg - - - - - 2065.jpg - - - - -
    Amp = Chord CPM-2600
    Source = Chord One

The only problem with this system and it is a BIG one, what do you UPGRADE to after this.

IMG_1722t.jpg
    Amp = Chord CPM-2600
    Source = Chord One

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by MrAcoustat View Post
    The only problem with this system and it is a BIG one, what do you UPGRADE to after this.

IMG_1722t.jpg
    You hire the performers to come to your house.

I absolutely love these speakers. Best I have ever heard - hands down.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368828828.039998.jpg

IMG_1722t.jpg
    Find another hobby because you've reached the zenith. Cars, homes, women, vacationing...because there's nothing more to see in audio.
    Michael

Magico S5s; PASS Labs Xs150s and Xs preamplifier; Lumin A1; Synergistic Research Galileo LE Powercell, Galileo LE speaker cables and interconnects, Galileo LE Analog and Digital power cords, Transporter Ultra SE, Tranquility Bases, MiGs, HFTs, XOTs, FEQ, Vibratron and Bass Station.

There are so many fine electronics i think when it's good it's good, it then becomes a question of CHOICE class A/B - A - Tubes - even some like class D , I aint one of them i love BIG & HEAVY units that is just MY choice i simply have a problem with 500 watts mono blocks that weigh 22 pounds MY choice given the money would be a pair of Krell MRA,s over the newer Momentum one hundred miles an hour and i'm sure that they are BOTH very very good.

PS: They are all beautifu amps BUT my choice would be the MRA #1 - Jeff Rowland 9 #2 and the Krell Momentum #3 i always did like the heavy gear.

647e3f12_Krell-MRA-Monoblock.jpeg - - - - - 213dog.promo_.jpg - - - - - 2065.jpg - - - - -
    The MBL dealer in Singapore has also been a Rowland dealer for a long time. He would never show Rowlands on the MBL's unless someone wanted to start with the 121's and work up.
    Jim

I love the way the Extremes look....but I wonder what they would sound like with a quartet of Boulder 3050 monoblocks!!! Several people who have heard the Extremes with Boulder's 2050 amps said that the sound was beyond belief!!!

Cheers,

Rekindling this very old thread....

A friend of mine is thinking of replacing his fairly old Sonus Faber (SF) speakers (not sure which model) with the SF Lilium. He recently listened to the MBL 101 E mk II and said the soundstage was extraordinary. He can buy the 101 and the Lilium sell for approx. about the same price. I am also encouraging him to test a Magico as well (the S5 mk 2 or perhaps the S7).

His amp is a Gryphon Diablo 300 (same as mine - we bought the first two in Singapore!). He has a large listening room so there is flex to play around with the positioning of the 101s.

He will of course home audition them but I would be interested in any thoughts on the which of these speakers (SF Lilium, MBL 101 E mk II and Magico S5 mk2 or S7) might be the best fit, so I can pass them on to him. He tends to prefer warmer sounds, so is biased towards SF.
    Digital: Innuos Zenith Mk3 Server + MSB Premier DAC with Powerbase
    Amp: Gryphon Pandora + Gryphon Antileon Evo Stereo
    Speakers: Magico S3 MkII
    Cables: MIT SL-Matrix 36 XLR interconnect cables + 70 speaker cables; AQ Diamond & Vodka ethernet cables
    Power: AQ Niagara 5000 + AQ Tornado power cables
    Headphones (travel): Sennheiser Momentum + Chord Mojo

I heard 3 MBL systems yesterday, including the Extremes, and I have to say I could easily live with the top 2 systems.
    For the Extremes, I'd need a bigger house though. They are incredible. Your dream system for when you win the lottery.
    Vivid Audio - Burmester - Hegel - Marantz - Oppo - Pioneer 60" - Wireworld

I have listened to a couple of MBL systems at audio shows. They sounded amazing. They could play any kind of music and with their omnidirectional sound filled every inch of a very large room. At the same show but in a different room, they had a big SF (not sure which model). Very good sound but did not impress me like the MBL did. Different rooms and electronics so not an Apple to Apple comparison.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

MBL - - - Speakers