Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Devore 0/96's

Re: Devore 0/96's

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    mep- here's a few of the new place. I need to use a real camera next time, sorry. I have an angled rear wall which has been a pain, despite the trio of GIK art panels. and i threw in a picture of my new view for fun
    Keith love the room and sunset . Play some jazz ....and wine

Which city are you in ?
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    Keith-Thanks for posting the pictures. That's quite a difference from your old room. How do they compare sonically?
    They each have different problems, lol. The first room was huge, but squarish and with a few openings to hallways- bass actually sounded best in my kitchen, 6 ft into an open door behind it (the room in general had little to no compression). Active bass seemed to help with the issue, although my former Wilsons with kicked-up upper bass were good too. I did have a huge sound stage and it was very comfortable to have people over. Needed lots of treatment due to size and shape.

The new room is smaller, but tighter sounding. Some of this is the carpet. There aren't any parallel walls as well (which I thought would be a huge plus when I initially saw the place), although the back, angled wall is too close to the listening position so creates some other issues (phase). Unfortunately due to downstairs neighbors, I've had to tune my active bass down 3-4db. It's also not as comfortable for multiple audiophiles to hang out. I have found less need for room treatment- I just have 3 art panels in the rear currently, with no traps in the corners. Ideally I could hang 2 absorption/diffusion ceiling clouds like before, but don't want to muck up the rental ceiling.
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Quote Originally Posted by annapolis Raider View Post
    I have had the O/96s through my house for a few months... My 2 cents.....

Anybody interested in this speaker should spend some time reading about the Audio Note system/setup that this design is based on. While I generally agree on Mike's comments above, I'd have a different tone to it... This speaker is designed to use room reinforcement to augment the bass. The positioning is critical, the room size and shape is critical, matching amplifier is critical (a warmish tube amp of over 20 watts IMHO). You get any of these details off, the performance will suffer. Ultimately like the Audio Note setup, right room, right music, it can be quite musical. It is not a product for everyone. People will make their own judgement about the value at 12K. One final point, this speaker has a very high WAF, my wife loved them.

Hi Annapolis,

+1

I heard many different combinations of Audio Note speakers and with the same ones, some sounded magic and others just so so.
    I would add on the list, the Living Voice.
    I think that Living Voice, Devore, Audio Note participate from the same "Philosophy".

They need, (let's say they take advantage of) a beautiful (analog) source, a tube amp (let's not be shy- Kondo, Audio Note, Shindo, Nagra, and many fantastic ultra confidential other SET . Good cable sod course an Some Time spent to place them properly in the room.

If this is fulfilled, Its Heaven!!

Best regards,
    THALES TTT-C, Simplicity II, Etna,
    MD 106T
    SUT and Phono pre from Audiophile Technologie
    Ongaku (Kondo san era)
    LV OBX-RW

Paul

DeVore O/96 is now a " Stereophile Class A Recommend Speakers " Congrats to John Devore

DeVore Fidelity Orangutan O/96: $12,000/pair (stands included)
    "Handmade in Brooklyn, New York, the O/96 is a two-way, reflex-loaded, stand-mounted speaker with a rated sensitivity of 96dB/W/m and an unusually high nominal impedance of 10 ohms. The wide-baffle design measures 28.25" H by 18" W by 12" D and has a 1" silk-dome tweeter and a 10" paper-cone woofer. The O/96 exhibited a superb overall tonal balance with impressive clarity, color, impact, drama, and scale, said AD. "The O/96 is distinctly easy to drive with low-power amplifiers, yet it's clearer, wider of bandwidth, and more spatially accomplished than most other high-sensitivity loudspeakers," he summed up. JA's measurements uncovered a low-treble resonance and a lively enclosure, but these problems were considerably less audible than he was expecting. AD originally considered this a very high Class B recommendation, bordering on Class A, but as of April 2015, the rating is upgraded. In a Follow-Up, AD noted: "I have refined my own O/96 installation, moving each speaker farther from its sidewall, and minimizing the influence of unfortunate room characteristics with some John DeVore–inspired asymmetry," with excellent results. AD also quoted John DeVore's observation that, in 2013, the O/96 was his best-selling model "by a clear margin. I wouldn't be surprised to see that it did that again in 2014." (Vol.35 No.12, Vol.38 No.1 WWW)
    Paul

I was looking for a musical system for just plain enjoyment and ended up with a pair of O/96's paired with Sugden A21SE and their Masterclass PA-4 phono all hooked up with Cardas cables and a Dr Feickert blackbird turntable with both an EMT JSD P6 and an Denon 103r on Jelco tone arm and have never been happier. I now just listen and enjoy instead of looking for stuff sounding wrong. Have previously been running a system consisting og Aavik amp, Ansuz cables and distributor and Raidho speakers and loved it at times but mostly just seemed to be looking for the next upgrade! Now i just relax and enjoy the MUSIC these Orangutans perform.. So freaking smooth an with just the right amount of details to get lost in the music but newer annoyed I can now play and listen to all my vinyl... Nothing sounds wrong here...
    Just my 5 cents.. the O/96 pairs great with Sugden gear.. if the Shindo or Kondo stuff is out of reach price wise.
    Garrard 401, SME 3009 w. Denon 103
    Kuzma Stabi R 4point9 w. My Sonic Lab Signature Gold
    Auditorium23 SUT
    Airtight ATM-300R
    Airtight ATE-2001
    Isol8 SubStation Integra
    Cardas Parsec Power Cables
    Cardas Clear Rca, Phono and Speaker Cables
    Tannoy Arden 385Hpd
    USM Haller rack

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by CasperEngel View Post
    I was looking for a musical system for just plain enjoyment and ended up with a pair of O/96's paired with Sugden A21SE and their Masterclass PA-4 phono all hooked up with Cardas cables and a Dr Feickert blackbird turntable with both an EMT JSD P6 and an Denon 103r on Jelco tone arm and have never been happier. I now just listen and enjoy instead of looking for stuff sounding wrong. Have previously been running a system consisting og Aavik amp, Ansuz cables and distributor and Raidho speakers and loved it at times but mostly just seemed to be looking for the next upgrade! Now i just relax and enjoy the MUSIC these Orangutans perform.. So freaking smooth an with just the right amount of details to get lost in the music but newer annoyed I can now play and listen to all my vinyl... Nothing sounds wrong here...
    Just my 5 cents.. the O/96 pairs great with Sugden gear.. if the Shindo or Kondo stuff is out of reach price wise.
    No surprise on either account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by CasperEngel View Post
    Nice! I pair them with a Pathos TT aniversary. I had to do some tube rolling to reach a darker character.

Home: Focal Scala Utopia, Primaluna HP Premium, Lumin X1

Cottage: Devore Orangutan 0/96, Pathos TT Aniversary, Lumin D1

1aa.jpg My custom color O'96s are still in the crates Now I just need a bigger room which is the one negative thing about the O'96 compared to Audio Note speakers which I also have (SPX Al Nico). Ive seen numerous people ditch the 96 because they didn't work in their rooms...they need lots of space unfortunately.1aa.JPG
    Last edited by Billion$Baby; March 8, 2019 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Photo not showing up
    Amps: First Watt SIT-3, Pass XA25, Valvet E2 SE, LTA ZOTL40, First Watt SIT-1 Mono's, ARC Ref75SE, Decware Zen TorII MK4, Line Magnetic 845 Premium, Raven Reflection MK2, Audio Hungary Qualiton X200, Kingko 101Pro, Audio Hungary Qualiton I50

Pre-Amps: Luxman 900U, Coda 07X, ARC MP-1 Multi-Channel, Conrad Johnson Met-1 Multi-Channel

Disc Spinners: Luxman D-10X, Ayre DX5, Oppo 105/205

Speakers: Cube Audio Nenuphar Mini, Fleetwood Deville, Volti Razz, Spendor Classic 100, Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo 2, Klipsch Cornwall IV, Harbeth SHL5+, Harbeth C7XD, Omega Compact 8, Triangle Comete 40th Anniversary, Audio Solutions Figaro M, Graham LS3/5A

Check out my Facebook Page RIAA AWARD COLLECTORS to see over 3800 authentic Music Industry Awards (Gold and Platinum Records) from my personal collection. New awards added every month. https://www.facebook.com/riaaawards

OK, I read the entire thread. Holy mackerel, my head's spinning!!! I'm so glad I have a year to research and learn before picking out the components for my new high end audio system. The choices are literally dizzying! As I've mentioned in other posts, I have a budget range of $12,000 to $20,000 give or take a couple thousand. So, I might be able to swing speakers such as the 096. But I have a lot of comparing to do. Not only that, but I also have some obstacles to overcome such as room limitations (my listening room at 27' x 11' is small), space limitations, long distances to audio stores (except for one) which limits auditioning, among other limitations. I still have a lot to learn. But threads like this one are very helpful and educational. I'm just starting to become more familiar with some of the ultra high end audio names (i.e. Sindho), although it can be confusing at times. I look forward to similar threads in the future.

Super Moderator

Sometimes it takes a while to find out what you love long term. I usually bought first and decided later. Not smart. Reviews, forums and word of mouth only go so far. In my situation, living with components really reveal their true character and how they interact with your other gear.

Part of this obsession makes us want to find the perfect sound - it doesn’t exist. But, it’s easy to arrive at a place where you can be extremely happy. Room, electric, amp and speaker interaction all play into your decisions. This should all really be a fun process not something to agonize over.

My car radio or even my cheap desktop computer speakers at work can emotionally move me with the right music or song. Start with a sound that makes you happy.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Sometimes it takes a while to find out what you love long term. I usually bought first and decided later. Not smart. Reviews, forums and word of mouth only go so far. In my situation, living with components really reveal their true character and how they interact with your other gear.

Part of this obsession makes us want to find the perfect sound - it doesn’t exist. But, it’s easy to arrive at a place where you can be extremely happy. Room, electric, amp and speaker interaction all play into your decisions. This should all really be a fun process not something to agonize over.

My car radio or even my cheap desktop computer speakers at work can emotionally move me with the right music or song. Start with a sound that makes you happy.
    I agree! There is no substitute to auditioning for yourself.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassphile View Post
    OK, I read the entire thread. Holy mackerel, my head's spinning!!! I'm so glad I have a year to research and learn before picking out the components for my new high end audio system. The choices are literally dizzying! As I've mentioned in other posts, I have a budget range of $12,000 to $20,000 give or take a couple thousand. So, I might be able to swing speakers such as the 096. But I have a lot of comparing to do. Not only that, but I also have some obstacles to overcome such as room limitations (my listening room at 27' x 11' is small), space limitations, long distances to audio stores (except for one) which limits auditioning, among other limitations. I still have a lot to learn. But threads like this one are very helpful and educational. I'm just starting to become more familiar with some of the ultra high end audio names (i.e. Sindho), although it can be confusing at times. I look forward to similar threads in the future.
    You might search out Devore, Wilson, and Magico auditions for cones (all very different). That will give you a spectrum of sound and see which way you lean. Finding your "sound" is the biggest thing in audio - prevents you from being on the merry go round.

I would also pick the three most important parts of sound to your ears - for example, dynamics, soundstage, and tone are mine. Then focus your auditions to speakers that excel in those directions.

There is no perfect speaker - read my 2018/19 journey on WBF about $50k speakers for a possible Devore upgrade. Even at that lofty level there are compromises!
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

I appreciate so much my 96s since last november, but I'm considering to change my Pathos TT Aniversary int amp for a new all tubes integrated. Maybe my Primaluna Int HP would be perfect... If I compare their sound to my Focal Scalla Utopias, bass is way deeper, but I need more control, especially in high mids area. A tad shrill with electric guitars like telecasters and with particular female voices. I think I need darker amps or interconnects. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by vinci92 View Post
    I appreciate so much my 96s since last november, but I'm considering to change my Pathos TT Aniversary int amp for a new all tubes integrated. Maybe my Primaluna Int HP would be perfect... If I compare their sound to my Focal Scalla Utopias, bass is way deeper, but I need more control, especially in high mids area. A tad shrill with electric guitars like telecasters and with particular female voices. I think I need darker amps or interconnects. Any ideas?
    Setup can be a bit tricky with the Os - i'd play around with placement and toe-in first. They do like space from the walls typically. I haven't heard any shrillness on that speaker.

I wish I had a 27 ft long room to work with. If that's small I must have a munchkin music room.
    Amps: First Watt SIT-3, Pass XA25, Valvet E2 SE, LTA ZOTL40, First Watt SIT-1 Mono's, ARC Ref75SE, Decware Zen TorII MK4, Line Magnetic 845 Premium, Raven Reflection MK2, Audio Hungary Qualiton X200, Kingko 101Pro, Audio Hungary Qualiton I50

Pre-Amps: Luxman 900U, Coda 07X, ARC MP-1 Multi-Channel, Conrad Johnson Met-1 Multi-Channel

Speakers: Cube Audio Nenuphar Mini, Fleetwood Deville, Volti Razz, Spendor Classic 100, Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo 2, Klipsch Cornwall IV, Harbeth SHL5+, Harbeth C7XD, Omega Compact 8, Triangle Comete 40th Anniversary, Audio Solutions Figaro M, Graham LS3/5A

Check out my Facebook Page RIAA AWARD COLLECTORS to see over 3800 authentic Music Industry Awards (Gold and Platinum Records) from my personal collection. New awards added every month. https://www.facebook.com/riaaawards

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Billion$Baby View Post
    I wish I had a 27 ft long room to work with. If that's small I must have a munchkin music room.
    Hahahaha, it’s never big enough. But we all have to work with what we have.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Audioshark

Better than my teepee. But it’s mine, all mine.

One thing I didn't mention is, due to the small size of my room, uncompromising location of furniture and available spots for speaker placement, there is one and only one place available to stage my speakers. I have a few inches either direction to experiment with speaker location. That is pretty much it. I'm guessing that will, to a certain degree, influence my speaker choices. Especially since some speakers require more "air" and a larger area.

And some here have mentioned that the 096 requires more space. I hope that's not the case. I'd like to try the 096 in my listening area. Another very important point...the room is 27' x 11', my listening area is about 11' x 11'. That changes things just a bit. About 1/2 of the room is music/recording studio. The other 1/2 is audio listening and TV watching and there is a small wood burning stove in the corner.

But then pops up one of those obstacles I was talking about above.....geography. I'm not aware of any DeVore dealers near my home (southeast Iowa). Any or all of these factors could figure in as much as sonic personality/character when it comes to speaker choice.

Im no expert BUT you might want to try speakers that are designed to go into the corners of the room against the wall...like Audio Note Speakers. I don't believe you will be able to use O'96 with your 11 feet factor. I have a 13x15 room and I own O/96's and they will never work in that room....but my Audio Note AN-E SPX Al Nico's will do just fine. Just a thought.

Im no expert BUT you might want to try speakers that are designed to go into the corners of the room against the wall...like Audio Note Speakers. I don't believe you will be able to use O'96 with your 11 feet factor. I have a 13x15 room and I own O/96's and they will never work in that room....but my Audio Note AN-E SPX Al Nico's will do just fine. Just a thought.

Thank you for your recommendation. One limitation I have with the listening area is the wood burning stove is in one of the corners. The speaker in that corner will have to go a couple feet in front of and to the side of the stove. I have a heat shield surrounding the stove.

If you can show us a diagram of the room with the "obstacles" and the placement options then we might be better able to point you in the direction of speakers that have the best chance to work in that environment. From what it sounds like dealer listening sessions while good for giving you a feel for the general sound profile of a speaker or speaker line are not likely to help you much in actually choosing a speaker to fit what seems like a difficult room. Any many of the ones that may work you are not likely going to be able to audition without a long drive or plane ticket. Bob Neill the former equipment reviewer and now just music reviewer for Positive Feedback is a dealer for Audio Note and Reynaud speakers (Amherst Audio) which should both work in you situation. I would suggest you call him and have a conversation. The Reynaud Abscissa Jubilee is a slim floorstander about 48" tall with a front ported transmission line that will work relatively well close to the rear wall. They recommend a minimum of 16" from the rear and side walls and 2 meters apart center to center. My pair is farther from the walls in both directions because I had the room and 7 feet center to center. Mine only have about 350 hours on them so I will give them a bit more before measuring bass extension in the room but I expect it to be close to 30 hz and maybe a little lower. They are fine with the subs off but since they are here they are turned on crossed at 35 hz.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    If you can show us a diagram of the room with the "obstacles" and the placement options then we might be better able to point you in the direction of speakers that have the best chance to work in that environment. From what it sounds like dealer listening sessions while good for giving you a feel for the general sound profile of a speaker or speaker line are not likely to help you much in actually choosing a speaker to fit what seems like a difficult room. Any many of the ones that may work you are not likely going to be able to audition without a long drive or plane ticket. Bob Neill the former equipment reviewer and now just music reviewer for Positive Feedback is a dealer for Audio Note and Reynaud speakers (Amherst Audio) which should both work in you situation. I would suggest you call him and have a conversation. The Reynaud Abscissa Jubilee is a slim floorstander about 48" tall with a front ported transmission line that will work relatively well close to the rear wall. They recommend a minimum of 16" from the rear and side walls and 2 meters apart center to center. My pair is farther from the walls in both directions because I had the room and 7 feet center to center. Mine only have about 350 hours on them so I will give them a bit more before measuring bass extension in the room but I expect it to be close to 30 hz and maybe a little lower. They are fine with the subs off but since they are here they are turned on crossed at 35 hz.

I'll try and post some pics. I'm not very tech-y when it comes to doing this but I'll try. I have some pics on my phone. I just need to get them to my computer and on the Audioshark General forum.

Bluegrassphile,

I believe it has been suggested many times by members here in most of the threads where you have questions... that of visiting an audio show or two to at least get an idea of the flavors you like. Are you not physically able to attend such events?
    Avanti Audio

arc sp-11 or ls27 | arc d130 | vpi classic 2 w/periphery ring w/Si3N4 bearing & sapphire thrust plate & 2x jmw 10.5i | phoenix engineering eagle & road runner | ortofon cadenza bronze, miyajima zero mono | sentec eq11 w/ Sylvania 5751 TMBP & CBS 7318 | auditorium a23 | canton ref 9 dc | 2x m&k v125 | oppo bdp-95 | chord qutest | lumin d1 & sbooster | avanti audio vivace cables

Yes, Mike. I cannot. I've mentioned it in some posts. I have a few reasons for not being able to attend such gatherings...geography, time, expense, not to mention with the exception of one store, I live in a location barren of such activity for hundreds of miles. I encounter this sometimes not just with high end audio but on guitar and music forums. Just take my word for it and assume I cannot do it...currently. The next closest high end audio store from me is at least a 4 hr drive. That would likely call for an over night stay, meals, gas, perhaps taking time from my p/t job. Sometimes it's hard for people who have multiple choices for nearby audio stores to understand why I can't just jump in the car and visit 2 or more audio stores within an hour's time. Or, to get in the car and go to an audio convention that's 4 to 5 hours away. With some planning I might be able to in the future, just not right now. So, I'm currently relegated to getting most of my information from forums such as this one. I appreciate your understanding of this.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassphile View Post
    Yes, Mike. I cannot. I've mentioned it in some posts. I have a few reasons for not being able to attend such gatherings...geography, time, expense, not to mention with the exception of one store, I live in a location barren of such activity for hundreds of miles. I encounter this sometimes not just with high end audio but on guitar and music forums. Just take my word for it and assume I cannot do it...currently. The next closest high end audio store from me is at least a 4 hr drive. That would likely call for an over night stay, meals, gas, perhaps taking time from my p/t job. Sometimes it's hard for people who have multiple choices for nearby audio stores to understand why I can't just jump in the car and visit 2 or more audio stores within an hour's time. Or, to get in the car and go to an audio convention that's 4 to 5 hours away. With some planning I might be able to in the future, just not right now. So, I'm currently relegated to getting most of my information from forums such as this one. I appreciate your understanding of this.
    You are not alone. I live an hour outside of Philly and there is only a small handful of B&M locations. Even then, most don't carry what we mostly talk about here. And as a whole, all of them together might represent 1% of the options. It's overwhelming.

I have wanted to hear a Pass Int for a few years now. Nobody in my area has one, and nobody from forums has one to let me hear. Hard to buy one on reviews because of exactly what your Psyc Post is about. One man's Gold is another man's Garbage.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

Deleted post.

20190228_083749.jpg

20190228_083838.jpg

20190228_083853.jpg

Aha!! OK. Now, starting with the second pic from the top is the view looking at the south wall, where the instruments are hanging. That is my "music/recording studio" area. It's NOT my listening area. The opposite (north) wall is my listening area.

Once I purchase my audio system the long couch will be history. There's simply not enough room for it and an audio system. The pic at the top is showing the north wall. You'll notice the left corner has a "jog" that hides the water turn off. There's a door on the front that opens up to it. The corner at the right has the wood burning stove. The recliner and TV tray rack can all be moved further back away from the stove which will also make room for a speaker. The heat shield around the stove does a really good job of keeping things around the stove cool. A speaker in that vicinity would be about 3' to 4' away from the stove and outside the heat shield. The TV would have to stay where it is. Removing the couch will give me needed flexibility, especially with speaker placement on that side. The coat rack will go also. Sitting in my listening seat (the love seat) I would be about 7' to 8' from each speaker.

The bottom pic is looking from the north part of the room to the southeast toward the room entrance and stairway. We have sheets up to hold in heat from the stove. We spend most of our time in this room in the winter and some in the summer when it gets hot outside.

OK, I'm open to comments, questions, and suggestions. Thank you all in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

BTW, my sincere apologies to the OP for somewhat hijacking the thread. That was not my intention. The thread kind of drifted away from the original topic, someone asked me some questions, and I felt like I should answer them.

I'm still very much interested in the DeVore 096 and would really like to hear a pair. But I'm just not sure my room, at 27' x 11' can do them justice. Thus my post above with pics. I hope to try them in my home sometime before my purchase. Once again, my apologies to the OP.

This threads almost five years old and the OP hasn't been around in many months.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

LOL!! I didn't notice the dates of the thread. Thanks for keeping me "up to date".

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Devore 0/96's