Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Thread: Integrated Amp

Integrated Amp

My daughter tried to hook up my vintage NAD 3155 integrated to some speakers, but she crossed the speaker wires. I replaced the blown fuse and now only the right channel is working. I don't think the cost of getting it fixed would be worthwhile.

Soooooo. What should I look for boys? I need it to be able to switch between indoor and outdoor speakers, so this limits things (unless I get some kind of external switch box). Cost is definitely an issue - I want to keep this fairly cheap. Tubes would be nice.
    Vine, Vide, Velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Re: Integrated Amp

line mag 211ia el34 integrated, real nice and very inexpensive
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Rega/Ortofon/Viva 300b/KR

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    My daughter tried to hook up my vintage NAD 3155 integrated to some speakers, but she crossed the speaker wires. I replaced the blown fuse and now only the right channel is working. I don't think the cost of getting it fixed would be worthwhile.

Soooooo. What should I look for boys? I need it to be able to switch between indoor and outdoor speakers, so this limits things (unless I get some kind of external switch box). Cost is definitely an issue - I want to keep this fairly cheap. Tubes would be nice.
    Bob...what do you mean, by switch between 2 pairs of speakers? 2 sets of terminals?
    CD

DAC/Pre-amp - PSAudio DsJ > Power-amp - > Speakers - PMC TwentyFive 23s

I want it to drive both my indoor speakers and outdoor speakers, so a switch on the unit allowing "A" or "B" or "A+B" is what I would prefer, or some kind of external box /switch that can accommodate the same.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I want it to drive both my indoor speakers and outdoor speakers, so a switch on the unit allowing "A" or "B" or "A+B" is what I would prefer, or some kind of external box /switch that can accommodate the same.
    If its just using as back ground music I would just go with the A/V Receiver with A+B option. Yamaha , Denon...etc you can grab them under $2~300.

I don't think I never seen anything with Tubes with that option.
    Paul

Find an old receiver, like a Marantz 2275, that has dual speaker connections. Then you can just turn a knob to select which speakers you want to listen to.
    Doug

Yeah; an A/B will be tough to find. Why not another NAD?

C 356BEE Stereo Integrated Amplifier - NAD Electronics
    CD

DAC/Pre-amp - PSAudio DsJ > Power-amp - > Speakers - PMC TwentyFive 23s

It's easy to find a switch box that will suit my needs, so the A/B switch is not a deal breaker.

What speakers will you be driving (please describe sensitivity, nominal/min/max impedance)?
    Budget?

Is this primarily used for background music (obviously yes for outside speakers but are inside speakers your main listening speakers or just background)?
    Cyril
    Speakers/Amp/Preamp: Thiel CS2.4 / ARC Ref 110 / ARC Ref 3
    Sources: Basis 2001/Graham2.2/Nagra BPS/Benz Micro Glider SL, Dynavector 20X2-L, ARC CD7, Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Cables/Power/Other: Nordost Heimdall ICs, SCs / Shunyata Hydra 8, Shunyata Python Helix PC / VPI 16.5, HRS Nimbus isolation system

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMcIntosh View Post
    If its just using as back ground music I would just go with the A/V Receiver with A+B option. Yamaha , Denon...etc you can grab them under $2~300.

I don't think I never seen anything with Tubes with that option.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb2 View Post
    Find an old receiver, like a Marantz 2275, that has dual speaker connections. Then you can just turn a knob to select which speakers you want to listen to.
    +1

Allen

Dirt cheap decent quality option with a tuner built in, Onkyo TX-8050 stereo receiver, 80wpc, sounds not too bad and can do the A/B switching, not glitzy but it'll get the job done.
    Small bedroom 2 channel
    Pioneer Elite DV-45A
    Cambridge Audio Topaz SR20 Reciever
    Wharfedale Diamond 225 Speakers

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Integrated Amp