Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Thread: Manley Mahi ...

Super Moderator

Manley Mahi ...

Manley Mahi

I had a Stingray II and loved it. Does anyone own the Mahi Mahi? 40 wpc UL and 20 wpc Triode.

Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Re: Manley Mahi ...

Looks pretty cool, Joe!

Allen

Cool little amp. Don't you have enough EL84 amps?

Sent from my mobile.
    Doug

Super Moderator

Just the one Carver
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

The stingray was the first one got me hooked in to the tube world
    Paul

Manley Mahi ...

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Just the one Carver
    Well in that case!

Is it enough to drive the 40.1's?

Sent from my mobile.
    Doug

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMcIntosh View Post
    The stingray was the first one got me hooked in to the tube world
    Wonderful little amp.

Quote Originally Posted by dlb2 View Post
    Well in that case!

Is it enough to drive the 40.1's?

Sent from my mobile.
    I'm sure but need to get them in and see what's best.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Wonderful little amp.

I'm sure but need to get them in and see what's best.
    Maybe by Xmas huh? Crazy the wait...

Sent from my mobile.
    Doug

Super Moderator

I certainly hope not. Maybe a little sooner. At this rate, probably before the Harbeth 40.1's.

Quote Originally Posted by dlb2 View Post
    Maybe by Xmas huh? Crazy the wait...

Sent from my mobile.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Hope they don't come out with M40. 2 by the time when you get yours lol
    Paul

Super Moderator

It will mean war

NAD C 658 streamer.

hahahaha!!! that would be too funny. not for you Joe but for us
    just kidding of course.
    i heard the mahis a couple times they are very good, but at the time i heard 2 or 3
    40-50w amps that i liked better and were similar or better priced. i ended up buying the snappers which were a bigger sounding and much better version. of course its 100w vs 40w but they were just in another league it seemed. and twice the price new.
    they are so cute in person its amazing. they are just like tiny snappers.lol.
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Rega/Ortofon/Viva 300b/KR

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

They're my daily drivers, love em!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

2 Channel: Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE, Wyred 4 Sound DAC-2, Manley Mahi Monoblocks, DIY SEOS Waveguide/Dipole Bass Towers
    HT: Marantz AV7005, Wyred 4 MMC5, DIY SEOS Towers, DIY 7CF Sealed 18" Subs
    PC: Wyred 4 Sound mINT, KEF Q100, Hifiman HE-6

Super Moderator

Really Mike?

I thought you used Wyered4Sound gear?
    Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    They're my daily drivers, love em!

NAD C 658 streamer.

I can't use both? :p

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

2 Channel: Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE, Wyred 4 Sound DAC-2, Manley Mahi Monoblocks, DIY SEOS Waveguide/Dipole Bass Towers
    HT: Marantz AV7005, Wyred 4 MMC5, DIY SEOS Towers, DIY 7CF Sealed 18" Subs
    PC: Wyred 4 Sound mINT, KEF Q100, Hifiman HE-6

Super Moderator

You know what I mean. You don't have a sig anymore so I don't know what gear you and some others actually have.

That's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    I can't use both? :p

NAD C 658 streamer.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Manley Mahi ...