Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

New A23 Hommage Ken loudspeaker

Just noticed on Pitch Perfects' website a newly introduced speaker by Auditorium A23. Designed in conjunction with Ken Shindo before his passing. Utilizes the LM 755A Alnico driver. Looks similar in design to the Petit Latour. Possibly another great loudspeaker to pair with Shindo gear
    DALE

Main system: Shindo Masseto, Shindo Cortese, Devore Orangutan O/96, Thorens TD125 MkII by Artisan Fidelity, Ortofon RS-309D, Ortofon SPU Classic, W4S modded Sonos, Metrum dac, Shindo
    and Auditorium A23 cables.
    Second system: Accuphase E-280, B & W CWM7.3 S2, W4S modded Sonos,Metrum dac, A23 cables
    Garage system: Yamaha A-S2100 integrated, JBL PRO 3677, Sonos thru Cambridge Dac Magic.

Re: New A23 Hommage Ken loudspeaker

Link to Line Magnetic 755i field coil speaker review .. is the big Latour a LM field coil ?

Line Magnetic Audio LM 755i Field Coil Speaker Review | Dagogo | A Unique Audiophile Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Spla'nin View Post
    Link to Line Magnetic 755i field coil speaker review .. is the big Latour a LM field coil ?

Line Magnetic Audio LM 755i Field Coil Speaker Review | Dagogo | A Unique Audiophile Experience
    Not sure what drivers are in the Shindo speakers. We need Matt or JH to clarify.
    DALE

Main system: Shindo Masseto, Shindo Cortese, Devore Orangutan O/96, Thorens TD125 MkII by Artisan Fidelity, Ortofon RS-309D, Ortofon SPU Classic, W4S modded Sonos, Metrum dac, Shindo
    Second system: Accuphase E-280, B & W CWM7.3 S2, W4S modded Sonos,Metrum dac, A23 cables
    Garage system: Yamaha A-S2100 integrated, JBL PRO 3677, Sonos thru Cambridge Dac Magic.

I want this new ken homage real bad and I have not even heard it yet!
    Chris

Garrard 301, SME 2012r, EMT TSD15, A23 T2 Hommage SUT, Shindo Montille, Shindo Aurieges, Shindo ICs and Auditorium Speaker Cables, Auditorium A23 Hommage 755a Speakers.

Super Moderator

I'd love to hear it. I am sure it's special.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    I'd love to hear it. I am sure it's special.
    +1

I've always been intrigued by the LM755. One of these days I'll hear it.

Sent from my mobile.
    Doug

Shindo speakers don't use any LM parts.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilNZ View Post
    Neil - who said they did?
    Chris

Garrard 301, SME 2012r, EMT TSD15, A23 T2 Hommage SUT, Shindo Montille, Shindo Aurieges, Shindo ICs and Auditorium Speaker Cables, Auditorium A23 Hommage 755a Speakers.

Just clearing this up.

Just clearing this up.
    Sure. But I don't think anyone said that he did? Neil, when do you get your pair?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Chris

This link has no relevance to the speaker Dale was talking about. Apples and oranges.
    Shindo D'Yquem's
    Shindo Vosne Romanee
    Devore 0/96
    Luxman PD-171
    Dynavector xx2 MkII
    Mac Mini
    Luxman DA-06
    Magnum Dynalab MD107t
    Shindo and A23 Cables

J.J.

You'd certainly hope not!

Perhaps a better answer to the 2nd poster would be the Latour uses Shindo's own modified Altec drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Katoomer View Post
    Looks similar in design to the Petit Latour
    Not really... the description, which mentions "internal labyrinth construction", implies some type of back loaded horn, which the Petite Latour certainly is not. Even physically, using the LP as a reference, it appears much smaller than the PL.

Quote Originally Posted by omodo View Post
    Not really... the description, which mentions "internal labyrinth construction", implies some type of back loaded horn, which the Petite Latour certainly is not. Even physically, using the LP as a reference, it appears much smaller than the PL.
    Details, details. Geez!
    DALE

Word on the street is they will sell for around $19K! Ouch!
    DALE

Interesting speakers. I agree on the price Dale!
    Doug

These are going to be fantastic. Lots of $ but fantastic.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Cucumber_jones View Post
    These are going to be fantastic. Lots of $ but fantastic.

Did you have a chance to listen to them ? If so how was it ?
    Paul

Doug .What is on side panel ?
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMcIntosh View Post
    Doug .What is on side panel ?
    Not exactly sure but it looks like grill cloth. I don't think these have arrived in the U.S. yet so it may be a couple of months before we get more details.
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by dlb2 View Post
    Not exactly sure but it looks like grill cloth. I don't think these have arrived in the U.S. yet so it may be a couple of months before we get more details.
    Thanks Doug. maybe back load horn system.
    Paul

I don't have enough posts to 'post' links, but there is now more information on the auditorium23 website about these speakers

(auditorium-23 dot de)

Quote Originally Posted by omodo View Post
    I don't have enough posts to 'post' links, but there is now more information on the auditorium23 website about these speakers

(auditorium-23 dot de)
    Thanks for the link. This one will take you right there.

Ken
    Doug

I was all set to buy these until I heard the price. I have no doubt they are worth the price. I was just not prepared to go that deep. That is why I went with the Auditorium Hommage LM755 Alnico speakers.
    Chris

Chris- What's the difference in price between the A23 Homage Ken, and the A23 Homage LM755 Alnico ?
    Congrats on your purchase!

Quote Originally Posted by fjn04 View Post
    Chris- What's the difference in price between the A23 Homage Ken, and the A23 Homage LM755 Alnico ?
    Congrats on your purchase!
    $9,000....
    Chris

What is retail price on LM 755 Alnico vs A23 Ken?

Congrat's as well on your new speakers.

looking forward to hearing your impressions.
    Shindo D'Yquem's
    Shindo Vosne Romanee
    Devore 0/96
    Luxman PD-171
    Dynavector xx2 MkII
    Mac Mini
    Luxman DA-06
    Magnum Dynalab MD107t
    Shindo and A23 Cables

J.J.

Chris, congratulations! I had the Lafite for a couple of years and love them. I bet these are in the same ball park and look forward to hearing your critique once they arrive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Bill

Shindo Giscours
    Shindo Western Electric 300b
    Shinoo Petite Latour (FC)
    AMG Viella V12 Etna (Erodion) and Teatro (Bob's Sky @ 1:20)
    Lumin S1

Devialet 200
    Aries
    Harbeth C7

Quote Originally Posted by dlb2 View Post
    Thanks for the link. This one will take you right there.
    Thanks for that!

good read i just followed a link from there to get to a review then followed another link to a 3 part review on 0/96's. all very interesting to say the least. i will get up to In Living Stereo in september and give a listen to what they have in stock. im very happy with my present setup and whats incoming, but i need speakers to go with it. my speakers are fine on low watts but im looking for my final pair.
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Rega/Ortofon/Viva 300b/KR

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

Is there any A23 speaker this is better than Shindo's Latour?

Just to think in terms of better or worse isnt always the right way to justify. Is there something like a best speaker?
    There may be different concepts of real high quality LOUDspeakers available, but who is the judge to declare one concept to be superior to another? At the end, it boils down to a personal decision based on taste and listening preferences.

I am selling my pair of Auditorium Hommage a Ken speakers if anyone is interested!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    TAD CE1 speakers. Shindo Vosne-Romanee pre. Nagra Classic Amp. Ayre QX-5 Twenty digital hub. . Thorens TD 125, TD124 and Well Tempered Amadeus turntables. Box Furniture rack. Auditorium 23 T2 SUT and cables. Ortofon SPU Mono CG 25, Classic GM E MkII, and EMT TSD 15 cartridges.

Hey Logey,
    Beautiful speaker. Forgive the stalkerish comments but I've been watching your speaker evolution from afar, mostly from the forums and audiogon/usaudiomart. I believe you had the O96, then Silverbacks, then these A23 Hommage a Ken. How have you been enjoying all these speakers? Not to mention, the mighty GM70s I saw on Audiogon a while back. You must have progressed through quite a few high sensitivity speakers and Shindo electronics that you would have an interesting perspective on the little world that is Shindo and the assorted matches, I'd love to hear your thoughts on all the equipment you've owned.

Good luck with all the changes!

Hi Logey,
    How much you are selling them for.
    Regards
    Dragan

The speakers are sold. Thanks.
    TAD CE1 speakers. Shindo Vosne-Romanee pre. Nagra Classic Amp. Ayre QX-5 Twenty digital hub. . Thorens TD 125, TD124 and Well Tempered Amadeus turntables. Box Furniture rack. Auditorium 23 T2 SUT and cables. Ortofon SPU Mono CG 25, Classic GM E MkII, and EMT TSD 15 cartridges.

What wood veneers?

Logey, would you like to comment on the differences between O96 and Hommage a Ken and maybe on your later speaker? What have you missed with the Ken?

One has a tweeter, the other has not. To the qualities of the 755 there is nothing more to add.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

New A23 Hommage Ken loudspeaker