Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

looking for a beater

so i have a nice martin hd28vr and its at my friends house in maine. when i moved back i had so much stuff in my car i couldnt fit it and was going to do another trip up and never did. i miss it and have been using a taylor t5 acoustic electric. which is good but i never plug in anymore so its not ideal. so i just sold it last month and have been guitar-less. i been out looking for a beater guitar that is kinda cool, inexpensive and fun to play. then i remembered my baby taylor. i loved that little thing. so i searched for one and found this instead. since i like he sound of good martins over good taylors. i figured this is my back of the car beater. i think im going to order one.
    mini martin in koa
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Rega/Ortofon/Viva 300b/KR

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

Super Moderator

Re: looking for a beater

Sweet! Any chance of getting the Martin back?
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

yea its a very rare martin and my friend is taking good care of it. only other time i saw one (the exact model)dave matthews was playing it at a festival i saw on tv. probably hasnt been out of the case for more than an hour at a time in the last 3 years. i just have to get up there cause i wont ask him to ship it, hes not so shipping savvy.lol.
    ill be happy with the beater, in the next couple years i think im moving back up that way anyways.
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

Take a little vaca up there in Oct when you get done with work. Enjoy the fall colors and drink some good craft beer. I'd be going nuts if I had a sweet little Martin and couldn't play it. Hopefully your buddy didn't sell it on eBay for about 10k saying it was one of Dave Matthews back up guitars.

Sent from my mobile.
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by dlb2 View Post
    Take a little vaca up there in Oct when you get done with work. Enjoy the fall colors and drink some good craft beer. I'd be going nuts if I had a sweet little Martin and couldn't play it. Hopefully your buddy didn't sell it on eBay for about 10k saying it was one of Dave Matthews back up guitars.

Sent from my mobile.
    haha!!!! my recurring nitemare is he sold it to some broke ass shop for$1000. and is just telling me he still has it.lmao!!! ooh i just got a knot in my stomach just joking about that.
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

I just found a 1944 D18 that was once owned by David Grisman at a shop a couple hours drive from me. They only want 11k for it!

Sent from my mobile.
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by dlb2 View Post
    I just found a 1944 D18 that was once owned by David Grisman at a shop a couple hours drive from me. They only want 11k for it!

Sent from my mobile.
    i guess you cant call it pre war if its made in 44, can call it pre war ending.lol.
    bob has a nice one of those i think its a d18 or a 00-18. or 000-18 lmao!!
    the best sounding one i ever played was (i think)1964 just basic d28 model, plain jane model but sounded perfect, i could hardly believe how smooth and nice it played, kinda the 300b of guitars.hahahaha!!!
    im in GA (guitar anonymous) cause when i was flipping guitars like stereo gear, i had to pick one. i dont have enough money to be addicted to both. stereo gear is less aggravating.
    i sold 2 les pauls to buy my first bat amp.lol.
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

I know what you mean Petro, I am culling my guitar gear to afford more Stereo gear at the moment.
    EMT TSD 15, Analog Instruments Apparition arm, Garrard 301 table, Lingolab footers, T2 A23 SUT, Shindo Monbrison phono Preamp, Shindo Haut Brion Amp, Oppo Blu ray, Monarchy NM24 Dac, Devore O96 speakers, Serious Racks rack, Shindo cables, A23 speaker cable, Sharp 4000Z projector.

Kev...are you going show us what's inside the case?
    Cyril
    Speakers/Amp/Preamp: Thiel CS2.4 / ARC Ref 110 / ARC Ref 3
    Sources: Basis 2001/Graham2.2/Nagra BPS/Benz Micro Glider SL, Dynavector 20X2-L, ARC CD7, Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Cables/Power/Other: Nordost Heimdall ICs, SCs / Shunyata Hydra 8, Shunyata Python Helix PC / VPI 16.5, HRS Nimbus isolation system

Kev...what a nice LP!
    Cyril
    Speakers/Amp/Preamp: Thiel CS2.4 / ARC Ref 110 / ARC Ref 3
    Sources: Basis 2001/Graham2.2/Nagra BPS/Benz Micro Glider SL, Dynavector 20X2-L, ARC CD7, Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Cables/Power/Other: Nordost Heimdall ICs, SCs / Shunyata Hydra 8, Shunyata Python Helix PC / VPI 16.5, HRS Nimbus isolation system

Thanks, I had my heart set on a Custom Ebony like Dan's/Double D Sunburst, but when I saw pics of this Standard & read up on the specs of the p-ups & the wood used, I just couldn't walk away. Now I just need to find a very good tube amp. It never stops....

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

looking for a beater