Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

CH Precision Forum

Thx Mike, Norman and Allen.
    Will report back after arrival and a chance to listen.
    Chris

Re: CH Precision Forum

C1, D1, and X1 - The Ultimate Digital Source?

CH Precision

CH Precision Forum

Wizard, interesting read. Thanks for posting.
    With one on order, I'm particularly interested in Nack's comments on the X1.

Great article , wizard, thx for sharing.

Chris, please report back after you get her!

Allen

A1 monos?! Niiice! I love my A1, I can only imagine how good the monos are.

I haven't grounded mine yet, but hope to do some at some point.

vjah, are you looking at any other CH gear?

Allen

Very nice!

No C1 in the cards?

Allen

Vjayh - congrats! I started off with a single A1 but recently got one more as my Zellaton's really enjoy the power/current. Â I like using them in passive biamp despite getting less power because you'd be using the entire transformer for one channel so more current. What's the rest of your electronics and speakers? Also, I've discovered that high bandwidth wires are essential for a high bandwidth fast slew rate CH system. I was using very expensive Siltech and Kubala wires but something was off. The right wires will make a very big difference. I switched to older circa late 80's (probably worthless) MIT wires which were high bandwidth designs at the time - the improvement was startling but missing some resolution - so now to CH wires which is a tremendous step above - very very fast but musical....

CH speaker wires and CH balanced ic from C1 to amps and from phono stage to analog board on C1 - but will probably need more ic's once L1 comes in. What speakers are you using and rest of your electronics??

You mean the CH Argento cables?
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Are they really high bandwidth, or just, being made of silver, more "open" than traditional copper cables, like Kubala?
    I've had silver cables before (Argento, even). At first, they're very impressive, but with time, I came to regret getting them. Fatigue sets in very quickly. Today, I prefer a more balanced copper cable, like Kubala Sosna Elation...

alexandre

Yes, but to CH's unique specifications it seems - the CH speaker wires are unshielded and sound very balanced and open (also not crazy expensive). My dealer now has Schnerzinger wires in which are supposed to be on another level but very expensive so I'm scared to try it! You have the Trinity DAC and pre?! What are your impressions?

Asiufy I agree - I don't like silver cables - always a little hot... But these CH wires are copper unshielded designs

Super Moderator

Congratulations vjayh!

Looking forward to your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by vjayh View Post
    Well I got my A1 monos. Wow, setup options abound! Do any other A1 owners use with grounding device like Troy or Entreq? If so, curious how you setup- what is the connector type and which of the three did you use?

Looking forward to exploring all the options on these!
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Vjayh, which YG speakers do you have?

Allen

Vjayh, did you demo CH with Zellaton speakers? If so, was wondering your impressions of CH/Trinity with both brands of speakers.

photo 12.JPG

At HK Audio Show 2014.

More pics of this and other setups at my Ultimate site.

Very impressive setup.
    PERFECT SENSE
    www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | info@perfect-sense.se | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

The next product in the 1 series will be P1 phono stage.
    Size like L1.

And later will two series will be released; 0 reference series, and 2 cheaper than 1 series.

I spoke to Jean-Pascal at Stenheim speakers the other day. The speakers shown in Munich (together with CH Precision) was a special edition floorstander which might - or might not - reach Europe and the US.
    PERFECT SENSE
    www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | info@perfect-sense.se | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

X1 arrived at last on Friday and I installed it in the system Monday and have had a couple of days to let it settle in and listen. The CH gear build quality is really really good. The C1 is already fantastic whether coax from cd or better, the ethernet streaming option. With the X1, I let it play in the background for several hours before coming round to really listen.
    Noise floor is amazing. Listened to wicked, full, rich fleshy Leonard Cohen on Ten New Songs. Lovely tone. Seems deeper than with the C1 alone. There is definitely more detail. Emmy Lou a little strident on a couple of tracks but palpably real on Evangeline. On the XX's coexist, i can now hear the ambient recording hall band amps hum on a few tracks. Anouar Brahem's Astounding Eyes of Rita, which is a great recording, is haunting, spacious and beautiful.
    So far so good. I want to listen to some more jazz and some classical favourites but so far, I'm impressed with this external PS.

Congrats, Chris! Sounds like a great addition!

Allen

I've had mine about a month back and it's definitely a notch up. Much lower noise floor resulting in a cleaner, clearer and more transparent sound, more defined bass and a bigger soundstage on familiar recordings.Looking forward to a home trial of the M1 soon.

CH Precision Forum

Allen, thanks. I know you're looking for an analog setup at the moment but keep the x1 on your radar. Agree with Geshi in terms of the description of the SQ with the x1. A side note. I noticed that after running 4-5 hrs yesterday, that the top was barely warm. Same on the C1.
    Chris

Here's CH prices:

CH Precision C1 Euro 24,000
    Option card analog input to C1: Euro 2,000
    Optional digital input board for C1: Euro 2,000
    USB-B to C1: Euro 2,400
    Optional Ethernet card for C1: Euro 4,300
    Sync tab for C1: Euro 1,150

CH Precision L1 : Euro 27,000

CH Precision D1 : Euro 29,000
    Card digital-out for optional D1: Euro 2,000
    Board analog-out option for D1: Euro 2,000
    Board analog-out dual mono for D1: Euro 4,000 (pair)
    Sync tab for D1: Euro 1,150

CH Precision A1 : Euro 27,000
    Input analog buffer card A1: Euro 1,500

CH Precision M1 : Euro 80,000 (pair)

CH Precision X1 : Euro 13,500
    Card for additional output X1: Euro 3,150

Cable CHLink 1 mt: Euro 1,150 (Euro 100 per mt. Additional)
    XLR cable pair Euro 1750 to 0.5 mt, Euro 1900-1 mt (per meter plus 400 Euro)
    Speaker wire pair Euro 1900-1 meter (any meter in most Euro 400)

Audioshark

Thanks Wizard. Beautiful gear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Had a C1 and D1 home demo about 3 weeks ago, truly an impressive 2 box system both from a built quality and very impressive sound quality. So much so I bought the D1.

As with every new component that is added to an existing systems, there will be inherent differences in the sound that one had never heard before...in this case, mids and highs are vastly improved - clarity, separation, focus, height and depth is more discernible. Can't say much about the base although it reached the lower frequencies better but sounded slightly boomy. The speakers was repositioned during the demo sessions, which was a pain as it has spikes on footers on marble floors. I think that the speaker position is not yet right and need tweaking.
    Bryston BP26/MPS2 and three 14B SST, Audiomeca DAC and PMC MB2/XBD speakers completes the system.

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum hifidelitea. Thank you for joining!
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

I asked a few hundred times the same question! - but I don't think it's happening anytime soon. The C1 has been out for a while but it's still the best I've heard - and future proof due to its construction...

I asked Raph from CH a few questions about product developments at the Bristol show this weekend. I had seen a film of Florian Cossy discussing the zero series briefly. According to Raph this series is not due anytime soon. He did say that some work was being done on a new phono stage though CH Precision Forum

I feel precisely blind for this product at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A1 inside - the 1200VA transfomer.

a1inside.JPG

CH Precision Forum

CH covered in Feb Hifi+ magazine.

http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/ch-precision-d1-c1-and-a1-system/

Nice review, Chris, thanks for sharing. I think Alan is spot on.

Allen

Added the C1 last week to the system, bought some TAOC speaker spikes and component insulators, changed some power cords and interconnects and this setup is a huge improvement to what I thought was already a huge improvement back in October.
    I also had a set of CH Precision speaker cables to demo and connected to the bass of the triamp system. The mid and treble still connected to the older cables that I am using. Big ass bass from the PMC's XBD's - tight, low, detail and snap.

I was wondering if anyone here uses different speaker cables in bi or tri amp mode to drive the mids,treble or bass due to the character of the system.

Here lies the problem with the pursuit of audio nirvana; when I posted this about 5 months ago, I thought "that's it, that's the end of my system setup". Then there's an itch and a nudge from family and friends, and the next thing, I end up buying the DAC after a home demo. And then more $ is poured in after comparing cables and finding out the Gryphon VIP Reference XLR brings out the missing details that I have not heard before in my system.
    Next on my shopping list would be to replace all the cables, this will have to wait unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by hifidelitea View Post
    Had a C1 and D1 home demo about 3 weeks ago, truly an impressive 2 box system both from a built quality and very impressive sound quality. So much so I bought the D1.

As with every new component that is added to an existing systems, there will be inherent differences in the sound that one had never heard before...in this case, mids and highs are vastly improved - clarity, separation, focus, height and depth is more discernible. Can't say much about the base although it reached the lower frequencies better but sounded slightly boomy. The speakers was repositioned during the demo sessions, which was a pain as it has spikes on footers on marble floors. I think that the speaker position is not yet right and need tweaking.
    Bryston BP26/MPS2 and three 14B SST, Audiomeca DAC and PMC MB2/XBD speakers completes the system.

I ordered the Argento made CH ICs for my incoming system (D1/X1, C1/X1, M1) because I want to get a feel for what C and H work with. While I really like my present cables they are all single ended because presently all my electronics on rotation are single ended (Lamm and KR). When it comes to speaker cables. I'm staying with the cables with which my loudspeakers (VR-9 SE Mk2s soon VR-11 SE Mk2s) are wired internally including the point to point wiring of the XOs since depending on how one looks at things the XO circuit starts at the amplifier output taps if you are using split XO/Bi/Tri-wire loudspeakers.

I went through a period where i mixed and matched solid core/stranded, silver/copper, etc. etc. Now I look to tune elsewhere. In an active system I'd just do that at the active crossover itself be it analog or DSP.
    Last edited by JackD201; March 18, 2015 at 11:51 AM. Reason: spelling

Nice, some more C1 users!

Jack, congrats on the M1s! The A1 is turning out to be my favorite amp ever. I can only imagine how good the M1 must be.

Allen

Thanks Allen, I tell ya, I'm having a lot of sleepless nights waiting!

CH Precision Forum

Vjayh,
    It seems CH is waiting till their app release. I contacted Gideon, the NA distributor, about this and here is the response from CH,
    "The target is to include DXD format support into the official firmware release that communicates with the proprietary CH control app. We estimate a few months away...."

I have just visited the CH Precision - TechDAS - Wilson Benesch room at the Munich High End.

The CH Precision P1 is playing with the TechDAS AirForce 2 and WB Endeavour. Really amazing sound, the P1 sounds very promising.

Also WB have a new rack system, the R1 - the name and the design, to my eye references that of the CH. Looks really amazing!

Thanks for posting the images, bjorman. Looks to be an interesting mix of materials and CF. Was there any indication of the retail price?

Did you also manage to catch a glimpse of the new WB floorstander being introduced in the Geometry series?

Quote Originally Posted by nfnc View Post
    Thanks for posting the images, bjorman. Looks to be an interesting mix of materials and CF. Was there any indication of the retail price?

Did you also manage to catch a glimpse of the new WB floorstander being introduced in the Geometry series?
    The retail price for the new R1 rack is set at £4950 for each base or additional tier.

The upcoming floorstander (still under development - looking absolutely amazing from the renderings) is scheduled for autumn.
    PERFECT SENSE
    www.perfect-sense.se

More images from this room at the Munich show can be found here: http://audioshark.org/other-shows-13...holm-7413.html
    PERFECT SENSE
    www.perfect-sense.se

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    The retail price for the new R1 rack is set at £4950 for each base or additional tier.

The upcoming floorstander (still under development - looking absolutely amazing from the renderings) is scheduled for autumn.
    Thanks.

The following is a press release issued by Audioarts NYC.

Audioarts NYC and Elite Audio San Francisco are proud to announce the opening of Elite's new extreme high end audio dedicated listening room. With the West Coast's premier luxury showroom, clients at Elite will be able to experience Swiss perfectionist CH Precision electronics and Stenheim loudspeakers - along with Zellaton, the German pinnacle of loudspeaker design and long standing heritage. These lines are consistent with Elite's commitment to representing the world's finest brands and exposing its clients to an unparalleled level of European sophistication in fidelity and audio craftsmanship.

Elite Audio San Francisco is by appointment only:

Elite Audio Systems, Inc.
    893-A Folsom Street
    San Francisco, California 94107

Phone: (415) 795-1149
    Email: info@eliteaudiosf.com
    URL: Elite Audio Systems

Interview w/ Florian Cossy CEO of CH Precision:

Le Roy

Austin, Tx : Soulution 520 preamp, 501 mono blocks, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D3.1, Lumin U1, Uptone Audio Modded Mac Mini w/ MMK fanless kit & JS-2 LPS, Regen, Ansuz DTC loom (complete), Oppo 105D, QNAP TS-451+

Chicagoland : Soulution 725 preamp, 711 stereo amp, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D5.1, Naim UnitiServe 2TB, Aurender W-20 Ansuz DTC later generation wire, Teac X1000 R2R, QNAP TS-451+

Foundation:
    Raidho Rack system, Ansuz DTC Mainz8, Ansuz (2) Supreme Mainz D8 Distribution, 20 amp dedicated outlets via subpanel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

CH Precision Forum