Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Lightbulb Smartphones are getting better and better at audio and video ...

Last Thursday (May first), I was going to post this link, but thought to myself that the members here wouldn't be quite interested.
    I was completely wrong in my line of thinking. If I find something interesting I should share it; and never think about if others would dislike. ...I am a very good person and with a lot of love and other good stuff to share; and I'm at the right place, finally!

...And I know where I got that self-destructive line of thinking...which is not me at all. ....I forgive myself.

Anyway, six days later, here's that link now (nothing is lost, just late): http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...dio-technology *
    * This above link ain't working (S&V glitch); here's a working one: http://www.cnet.com/news/sprint-htc-...harman-kardon/

...Higher level of music listening on the go from our smartphone, and why not! ...We already paid for it, use it almost daily (it is part of our identity), and smart APLLICATIONS is the name of the game. ...Accommodation with our entourage. ...And good/sweet sounding music is one of them, wherever we are and go.
    ...That makes us better and more peaceful human beings; quality sound from music we love.
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

Audioshark

Smartphones are getting better and better at audio and video ...

Interesting. They have to keep coming up with marketing angles I guess.

P.S. The link doesn't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Re: Smartphones are getting better and better at audio and video ...

Sorry Mike; Sound and Vision's website doesn't have a budget to pay someone for fixing their mistakes. ...This isn't the first time, and other sections of theirs (blogs) are also in need of some work (better features added for the readers' benefit). ...C'est bien dommage.

Here are some working links from other websites:

* Sprint, HTC Partner With Harman, Spotify to Push for a Win

* Hands On: HTC One Harman/Kardon Edition for Sprint | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

* The Even Newer HTC One (M8) ? HTC Partners with Harman to Enhance Audio | LongIsland.com

~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

...Seems to me that Sprint is in financial difficulty south of the border.

But! There is a huge future in smartphones, and this is just one very small example.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Thank you for share Bob. I always impressed by their pic quality especially at low light condition.
    Paul

When my plan is up in a few months the HTC One is my new smartphone. The audio and video part of it doesn't factor in my decision. Its ease of use is as good as my iPhone but its use of internet functions is lightyears ahead of it. Not to mention the nice big screen for my aging eyes.
    Doug

The new HTC One M8 has a five-inch screen or slightly larger? ... 5.0"

Also, is it an Android or a Windows 8? ... Android platform (but some models are Windows 8)

Between a Galaxy S5, iPhone 6s, and HTC One M8; me too I would be more inclined to purchase the HTC One (M8).

* Five-inch screen is the minimum nowadays, I think. Six-inch screen is more for me (now that I know my limits); my next one.
    {4-inch is mainly for making calls.}

* What is the largest smartphone's screen size? ... 6.4", or are there larger ones? ... Icemobile G2 = 7.0" ... And there are also two more models with a seven-inch screen size (diag).
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

I was just reading about the new Samsung Galaxy Note 4*, WoW! ...More powerful than many PCs and laptops.
    ...And that ultra hi-def screen! ...And screen's size (5.75")!
    That one too I would have to seriously consider as another great contender.

* All metal made (AMM). ...And AMOLED screen, of course.

...And this?

~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
    The new HTC One M8 has a five-inch screen or slightly larger? ... 5.0"

Also, is it an Android or a Windows 8? ... Android platform (but some models are Windows 8)

Between a Galaxy S5, iPhone 6s, and HTC One M8; me too I would be more inclined to purchase the HTC One (M8).

* Five-inch screen is the minimum nowadays, I think. Six-inch screen is more for me (now that I know my limits); my next one.
    {4-inch is mainly for making calls.}

* What is the largest smartphone's screen size? ... 6.4", or is there larger ones? ... Icemobile G2 = 7.0" ... And there are also two more models with a seven-inch screen size (diag).
    The HTC runs on the Android platform. Back when I first used my cell phone as a phone I wanted a small size. Now that I do just about everything on my smartphone I'd like a bigger screen. Apples position all along is to allow the user to control the phone with one hand only, hence it's size. That doesn't matter to me so I'll be saying bye-bye iPhone, hello something else.
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by dlb2 View Post
    The HTC runs on the Android platform. Back when I first used my cell phone as a phone I wanted a small size.
    Now that I do just about everything on my smartphone I'd like a bigger screen.
    Apples position all along is to allow the user to control the phone with one hand only, hence it's size.
    That doesn't matter to me so I'll be saying bye-bye iPhone, hello something else.
    Apple is now going larger; 5-inch screen (iPhone 6 = 4.7" & Apple Phablet = 5.5"). You can still operate that size (5") with one hand.
    Some 5-inch phones are smaller than others; with almost no borders (top, bottom, sides); bezeless body.
    {I like the iPhone design, a lot; no bezel at the sides.} <> I would love one with just the screen showing, nothing else.

A well designed 5-incher will still fit nicely where a 4-incher used to go.
    * My Moto G has a 4.5" screen and without a rubberized 'envelope'; I carry it inside a leather holster (belt-clip type).
    => My next smartphone will be the size of a Galaxy Note 3 or 4 (5.7 & 5.75" respectively). ...Which is close to 6 inch.
    ...But the HTC One M8 @ 5" is a very nice one, right there on top of the bests.

<<>> The sweet spot in smartphones is between 4.7 and 5.0".

*** My next pair of loudspeakers will be the size of.....Manhattan Island.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Just as an aside if you feel to read (have the time for it); I did myself, read it all.

1. http://www.vanityfair.com/business/2...one-patent-war

2. DOJ Sues Apple, Publishers Over E-Book Price-Fixing - WSJ.com

* Make of it your own fair balance according to the real world that we live in.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Lightbulb Test only

¶ Test:

Last year's review of the HTC One, with audio and video lab measurements: Review: HTC One | Sound & Vision

- Video tests: Review: HTC One Video and Audio Measurements | Sound & Vision

- Audio tests: HTC One Video and Audio Measurements Page 2 | Sound & Vision
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Smartphones are getting better and better at audio and video ...