Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Thread: Analysis Plus.

Analysis Plus.

Does anyone have experience with these cables & a comparison to what else you have used please?

Re: Analysis Plus.

I have the Solo Crystal interconnects throughout my system. They replaced my beloved DIY Jon Risch 89259/89248 twisted pair interconnects, which have bested quite a few cables in the past.

They just do everything right!

However, fair warning, I have been beta testing the new Triode Woire Labs interconnects and they do indeed best the Analysis Plus, being mostly the same everywhere but have a more transparent top end. More "air". Pete has got a winner there. He is introducing them at AXPONA this weekend.
    Vine, Vide, Velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Bob, thanks for the heads-up.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I have the Solo Crystal interconnects throughout my system. They replaced my beloved DIY Jon Risch 89259/89248 twisted pair interconnects, which have bested quite a few cables in the past.

They just do everything right!

However, fair warning, I have been beta testing the new Triode Woire Labs interconnects and they do indeed best the Analysis Plus, being mostly the same everywhere but have a more transparent top end. More "air". Pete has got a winner there. He is introducing them at AXPONA this weekend.
    I too use Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Copper. And I have Pete's American Speaker wire....a great combination. So you think Petes new interconnects best the Solo Crystal copper? Pete told me they are a hybrid design....so whats he using in the interconnects?

I didnt what to pay the price for the Analysis Plus Crystal Copper speaker wire, so I gave Petes new Speaker cable a try and boy oh boy....they are great!

You said the new "Spirit" interconnects have more "transparency and air" with a better top end? Now how can you get more of a top end? the top end on the Analysis Plus is the best I've heard the way the notes linger and go on forever with piano notes and cymbals?

Try Pete's new interconnects and you will see what I mean. They sound just like the Analysis Plus in many ways, but have a more open top end. Natural, not forward, just more air there.

Try Pete's new interconnects and you will see what I mean. They sound just like the Analysis Plus in many ways, but have a more open top end. Natural, not forward, just more air there.
    You've certainly peaked my interest! Do you find the A+ forward? The cable I used before these where but not the Solo Crystal...at least not in my system.

Not forward at all, after break in (they took a bit over 100 hrs to break in sufficiently).

Not forward at all, after break in (they took a bit over 100 hrs to break in sufficiently).
    Yes I love the Analysis Plus Solo Crystal cable...and I use them with Pete's Speaker wire....great combination. I told him if I changed interconnects I would give his Spirit interconnects a try. I know they are Hybrid and from the way you described them, makes me think he has silver in them with the continuous cast copper. Silver doesn't do well in my system with copper. I have Canton speakers which are a nice speaker that needs no silver.

nope - no silver, all copper, with a super cryo treatment. Tried many different geometries and wire combo's until we found this one that gets it all right IMO. Quite frankly, I don't know why he is selling them so cheap. It's a lot of work to put them together.

nope - no silver, all copper, with a super cryo treatment. Tried many different geometries and wire combo's until we found this one that gets it all right IMO. Quite frankly, I don't know why he is selling them so cheap. It's a lot of work to put them together.
    Sounds just like the speaker wire which I love...but what makes the interconnect a Hybrid cable?

Quote Originally Posted by Rantzmar View Post
    Sounds just like the speaker wire which I love...but what makes the interconnect a Hybrid cable?
    It's a hybrid material design in which one of the conductive materials is Ohno Continuous Cast copper...

Also, the connectors are very high quality, super low mass (with equal + & - mass) & ultra-low in capacitance...

With interconnects, EVERYTHING can make a difference in SQ...

My $0.02,
    Pete
    Triode Pete

Triode Wire Labs, Inc.
    Affordable Audiophile Cables
    http://www.TriodeWireLabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Triode Wire Labs View Post
    It's a hybrid material design in which one of the conductive materials is Ohno Continuous Cast copper...

Also, the connectors are very high quality, super low mass (with equal + & - mass) & ultra-low in capacitance...

With interconnects, EVERYTHING can make a difference in SQ...

My $0.02,
    Pete
    Oh conductive materials....Sorry for the confusion Pete!

Has anyone tried the Analysis Plus Black Oval 12 speaker cable !
    == Joe ==

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph R. View Post
    Has anyone tried the Analysis Plus Black Oval 12 speaker cable !
    I have an old AP Black Oval 9 SC (replaced by Black Mesh Oval 9, IMO pretty much the same cable) that I think is pretty darn good, especially for the price.

I'd like to know if anyone has had experience with AP's new Silver Apex IC? Michael Fremer briefly commented favorably on this IC, which he now shows as part of his ref system.

Audioshark

I’m a dealer for them and have had a bunch of their cables on trial. They are all excellent, especially the power cords. They hit way above their price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

There are lots of great reviews on Analysis Plus products. I am going to buy some bulk A+ 12awg Chocolate speaker wire which is supposed to be the same as the Oval 12 but with an in-wall rating according to A+ when I emailed them. The weak link in my cables are the speaker cables. I am still using BJC 10g belden that I terminated. They work but there is a lot better. I need 12-13 foot runs due to the placement of my electronics. I have been reluctant to spend $1K-2K on good cables because you never know how they are going to sound. The A+ Chocolate bulk cable is cheap at about $200 for 25 feet. Compare that to the Oval Black 12 at $370 pr for 2 runs of 12 feet. I will need to terminate them on the amp end with flat spades because of the Pass amp which can't take banana's or angled spades.
    My Gear- Mains System-Pass X250 amp, BAT VK-51se preamp, Luxman DA-06 DAC, Magnepan 1.6's, Thorens TD-145 TT, Dual Martin Logan Subs, Vintage Luxman T-110 Tuner, Cables-WW Platinum 7 USB, Cardas Parsec XLR, AQ Columbia DBS 72v XLR, Belden 8402 XLR.

Mike, can you order the A+ Chocolate oval with pins/banana's on one side and spades on the other end? I was on their web site and on one of their higher end cables it looks like the spades are flat and will fit the binding posts on my Pass x250 amp.
    My Gear- Mains System-Pass X250 amp, BAT VK-51se preamp, Luxman DA-06 DAC, Magnepan 1.6's, Thorens TD-145 TT, Dual Martin Logan Subs, Vintage Luxman T-110 Tuner, Cables-WW Platinum 7 USB, Cardas Parsec XLR, AQ Columbia DBS 72v XLR, Belden 8402 XLR.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Mechnutt View Post
    Mike, can you order the A+ Chocolate oval with pins/banana's on one side and spades on the other end? I was on their web site and on one of their higher end cables it looks like the spades are flat and will fit the binding posts on my Pass x250 amp.
    Yes, I can order it for you.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Mike, I will remeasure as I may be able to get by with 11 feet. I am going to ask for them as a christmas present as my wife never knows what to get me since I usually don't want or need anything. This will make her happy as my son will secretly tell her. So we will get back to you the end of November. I am definitely going to buy them as hopefully it will be my last cable tweak if the sound is to my liking- a little warmth through the midrange and lower top end, clear, little to no sibilance, good bass, air and transparency.

Thanks,

Larry

Long time ago I had Analysis Oval 9.
    Good cable, with a huge bass, Using an expression I found here several times, they were on the dark side of neutrality. With time I started looking for another opening, a clearer sound.
    But one of the good cables that went through here.

Probably the Silver Oval would be perfect but a little expensive for my pocket at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Spock View Post
    Long time ago I had Analysis Oval 9.
    Good cable, with a huge bass, Using an expression I found here several times, they were on the dark side of neutrality. With time I started looking for another opening, a clearer sound.
    But one of the good cables that went through here.

Probably the Silver Oval would be perfect but a little expensive for my pocket at the time.
    Thanks, that is what I am looking for in a cable. I like a little darker or warmer sound as my room is not optimal with wood floors and large windows. The Chocolates and Oval 12's use the same wire and geometry as the 9's but 12g instead of 9. I figure that they have to be more clear than the Belden BJC that I am using now. I actually have a pair of old Monster Cable Z4's that I picked up many years ago for dirt cheap used as a curiosity. They are thick as garden hoses, weigh a ton but at 10' are too short to use in my main system. They actually sound very good, better than my belden. They are probably one of the better things that Monster use to make.

I've been very pleased with my speaker cables and interconnects.

See my signature for details.

I've got lots of Analysis Plus cables and power cords..and do use an A+ Silver Apex Interconnect in my wife's system. Very revieling cable. Excellent cable if you need silver. Wife has a pair of Wharfedale Dentons and the Silver Apex is just what they needed.

I am now using the Black Oval 12’s for both my Falcon LS3/5a’s and my Shahinian Eagle woofer modules(2). I liked them when I used the first one on the bass module or on the monitor. My first impression upon using them on both is “too much of a good thing”. But I am being hasty here. Neither cable has much more than eight hours on them. A+ recommends 300 hrs for full break-in. Patience is a virtue. I will render a more informed opinion then. It seems like I am always breaking in something.

One thing is sure however. I never got such balanced left-to-right stereo from this speaker ensemble.
    == Joe ==

Mark Markel of Analysis Plus makes a great cable....and one heck of a nice guy as well.

Agreed. One of the good guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph R. View Post
    I am now using the Black Oval 12’s for both my Falcon LS3/5a’s......
    One thing is sure however. I never got such balanced left-to-right stereo from this speaker ensemble.

I have about 75 hours on two pairs of these speaker cables. They are breaking in nicely. They are a nice bread and butter cable. I don’t mean this in a derogatory way. They do it all, without calling attention to any one thing. I would say they are on par with Kimber 8TC. I used 8TC for many years. The “blue and blacks” did create space however. That is why I switched from them. I don’t know if the newer “clear and whites” do the same.

In any case the Analysis Plus Black Oval 12 does not “create space” like Kimber Kable. I continue to get great left-to-right stereo and an extended bandwidth. I think I can live with the A+ cables for the long haul. Oh...and I love their understated good looks. I nice bonus.
    == Joe ==

I don’t often post on this site but hello to all

I have a set of Solo Crystal balanced interconnects and they really are very good. They don’t sound at all which as far as I am concerned is a huge bonus.

Also , on my main rig I use a 26’ pair of Big Silver Ovals to feed my Acoustic Zen Crescendo II’s .... honestly, these are the first cable I have used on this system that are open back source in a way that just gets out of the way.

Great products from these guys

Just purchased four Ultimate Power Ovals from Mike. Two for the mono power supplies on my Select II DAC and two for my Vandersteen M7-HPA mono amps. I’ll give a full report once they’re broken in.

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

I have the Analysis Plus, Oval 9 speaker cables and use them between my McIntosh MC452 and Martin Logan Montis speakers and I have been very happy with them. I think offer a great solution for sound, $$$$, and looks without breaking the bank. Can you spend more money? YES. Always remember that the more you spend the more break-in time is required (and that is because the manufacturer doesn't want you to notice that his cables don't really sound any better than ones costing a quarter of the cost! By the time the "break-in" time is over, you will have forgotten what your old ones sounded like!).

Good luck.
    hikerneil

McIntosh C2600 Preamp
    McIntosh MC452 Amp
    Martin Logan Montis Speakers
    Sony HAZ Z1ES Music Server
    Technics SL-1200G Turntable
    Analysis Plus Oval 9 Cables
    Personally Made Room Treatments

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    Just purchased four Ultimate Power Ovals from Mike. Two for the mono power supplies on my Select II DAC and two for my Vandersteen M7-HPA mono amps. I’ll give a full report once they’re broken in.

Ken
    Still not fully broken in yet. But what I can tell you so far is the Ultimate Power Ovals are extremely transparent, have great treble extension but lack any glare in the upper register, and have a very low noise floor. I am hearing more detail, nuance and subtlety from my system than ever before. Consequently, I’m much more engaged with more of an emotional connection with the music. I’ve been staying up until the wee hours of the morning listening, which I haven’t done in a very long time. Surprised at the amount of improvement these power cords provide. Really impressive.

Ken
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Ken or Mike, are the Ultimate Power Ovals silver, copper or a combination? The A+ website doesn't say.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by GSOphile View Post
    Ken or Mike, are the Ultimate Power Ovals silver, copper or a combination? The A+ website doesn't say.
    A combination. The shielding and conductor arrangement is far more important than the materials. The power cord is an opportunity to kill high frequency noise bi directionally.

Mike, good points. My question was more around what's usually driving price. When they come from the same manufacturer my impressions are that copper cables often exhibit warmer denser (more realistic?) tone, deeper bass. Silver more detailed, refined sound.... and more expensive (top of the line with more advanced design, better connectors, etc).

Mike, good points. My question was more around what's usually driving price. When they come from the same manufacturer my impressions are that copper cables often exhibit warmer denser (more realistic?) tone, deeper bass. Silver more detailed, refined sound.... and more expensive (top of the line with more advanced design, better connectors, etc).
    The Ultimate Power Ovals sound more like silver power cords but without some of the negative characteristics usually associated with silver. All the detail, refinement and speed of silver power cords but without the brightness, glare or edge in the treble that I’ve so often heard with silver power cords.

They are very transparent and neutral, and don’t have the syrupy coloration or veiling of some of the copper cords I’ve listened to. Bass is realistic sounding and articulate, not artificially colored, bloated and overblown like some copper power cords.

If you want a power cord that is going to editorialize, then look elsewhere. But if you want a power cord that is going to step out of the way and let you enjoy all the nuance and subtleties of the music, then this is your power cord. But beware, these cords have a long break in period, at least several hundred hours.

Ken

Ken, these sound interesting. When are you going to try A+ speaker cables?

Ken, these sound interesting. When are you going to try A+ speaker cables?
    My Vandersteen M7-HPA mono amps have proprietary Perfect Surface Silver speaker cables manufactured for them by AudioQuest. The speaker cables are a set fixed length because the amplifier output is single-ended and specifically tuned to that length.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by ADCO View Post
    I don’t often post on this site but hello to all

I have a set of Solo Crystal balanced interconnects and they really are very good. They don’t sound at all which as far as I am concerned is a huge bonus. ...
    Great products from these guys

After months of varied testing with the first two pairs, and intermixing with other brands (and others within the AP line), just ordered my 3rd pair of Analysis Plus Solo Crystal RCA interconnects. One pair at a time, discovered the real potential. With tube DACs and tube pre/amplification (with really good vintage tubes) the AP OCC interconnects have brought my entire system to a whole new level. Replaced all former ICs with the Crystals.

After 30+ years messing around with other cables, just finished replacing all of my 3rd pair of ICs with Analysis Crystal Solo (OCC) interconnects. The Crystal Solos truly brought my all-tube system and custom built speakers to an entirely new level, cleared the blocks.

Soundstage, tone, texture, bass-speed, and harmonics of really good vintage triode input tubes all coming through. Very nice.

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Analysis Plus.