Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Re: If you had to choose only ONE pair of speakers for rest of your life ...

Quote Originally Posted by RichardAusten View Post
    I can only go by what is demonstrated - the AvanteGarde speakers in Hong Kong were north of $20,000 US run with varying tube gear (NAT) north of $100,000. I didn't take the model number down because they didn't make my cut. from the pictures I would assume the Uno.

The source was from Abbingdon Music Redearch(AMR) and Nottingham Turntables. Really nice with cymbals - Pink Floyd - really poor with vocals Eva Cassidy.

Manufacturers who only make one part of an audio chains such as speakers that have uber fussy requirements really should not be leaving it open so that everyone can use poor matching equals poor sound as an excuse. The dealer set it up so someone will say - NAT is too high powered - or AMR isn't good enough, or Nottingham is this or that and that's why the speakers sounded middling. If that is so - the speaker maker needs to dictate to the dealer which amp and which cable and which source should be used to make the speaker sound good.
    Never heard the Uno and from those hearing them , they were negative on them too ....

Audioshark

The Uno is superb. I think you heard them at the Lampi event. They were the Avantgarde’s in the other room that everyone loved.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Yes , i did like those , but i didnt take that into account as i knew setup was not for auditioning , ( they were on the lampi amps) so i have yet to evaluate the Uno's personally and those reporting on the uno's as mentioned to me were a few years back , i was told the current model is an improved version ..

Regards

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
    Yes , but i didnt take that into account as i knew setup was not for auditioning , so i have yet to evaluate the Uno's personally and those reporting on the uno's as mentioned to me were a few years back , i was told the current model is an improved version ..

Regards
    With the old model, I would agree. XD is a completely different level.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

If looks could slay...

Oh, they sound great too!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    With the old model, I would agree. XD is a completely different level.

Agree XD is a different level, Richard prolly heard the older version ...

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    If looks could slay...

Oh, they sound great too!
    Are those the Mingda Dnynasty Grande monoblock power amps? I've heard those a few times in Hong Kong. Quite good. I suspect they are back breakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The Uno is superb. I think you heard them at the Lampi event. They were the Avantgarde’s in the other room that everyone loved.
    I heard the UNOs once at a show and they were magnificent. I was standing may be 30 feet away and the voices were as clear as a bell.

I had the Duo Primo Xd driven by an Ongaku for a while but WAF made it a no no

Agree XD is a different level, Richard prolly heard the older version ...
    It was probably 2.5-3 years ago.

Howie

I ran the AG possibility past my wife a couple of days ago and got a similar reaction as I was curious about the Uno XD. I guess that idea needs to lay dormant for a while.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Howie

I ran the AG possibility past my wife a couple of days ago and got a similar reaction as I was curious about the Uno XD. I guess that idea needs to lay dormant for a while.
    Well, let your wife steer the big decisions and agree that you take care of the small ones.

She discusses which party should be in power, whether there should be mandatory health insurance, whether the country should go to war or not. And you just handle the audio purchases in the family If you had to choose only ONE pair of speakers for rest of your life ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Quote Originally Posted by Howiebrou View Post
    I heard the UNOs once at a show and they were magnificent. I was standing may be 30 feet away and the voices were as clear as a bell.

I had the Duo Primo Xd driven by an Ongaku for a while but WAF made it a no no
    So are the Horns Universums a WAF no no too? LoL

Richard, no clue about the amps.
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Kuoppis

She initially said the same about the Spatial open baffles, but once they got here she actually liked the look and the sound. I'll just leave the AG on the back burner for now and see how it goes. Am planning to be in Mike's area in March for a week for Spring Training Baseball games so she could get a chance to see them in person which could result in a change in perspective. I spent over 30 years working for an elected official as did she so I try to stay away from political discussions all together. She enjoys it so I let her have at it with her friends and family. I do make the audio decisions as she only cares how it sounds not why it does but a little tact goes a long way. For now the Nola KO's are a fine speaker and I doubt I am missing much of anything.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    Well, let your wife steer the big decisions and agree that you take care of the small ones.

She discusses which party should be in power, whether there should be mandatory health insurance, whether the country should go to war or not. And you just handle the audio purchases in the family If you had to choose only ONE pair of speakers for rest of your life ....

I'm wondering: are you married?
    Vivid Audio - Burmester - Hegel - Marantz - Oppo - Pioneer 60" - Wireworld

I usually go for high WAF speakers, i would hate to give up my lovely wife over a pr of Speakers .

Some very serious men discussing very serious business I see...If you had to choose only ONE pair of speakers for rest of your life ...

“Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

This was what the wife said it looked like...

A4846383-E871-48A7-BD25-CFA2EECC413A.jpeg

Super Moderator

Hahahaha
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Howiebrou View Post
    This was what the wife said it looked like...
    LMAO!

Mezzo XD is in my future for sure .

Paul

I usually go for high WAF speakers, i would hate to give up my lovely wife over a pr of Speakers .

Newly Married ? if so, wait few more years
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by RichardAusten View Post
    I asked him what he thought of production horns (like AG)- the main issue is a lack of driver to driver integration - as well as the materials uses on the horn mouth being rather inferior for the prices paid.

The Acapella had $100k integrated amp and $100k digital front end.
    I remember a Trio show demo years ago that got standing ovations! So yes, setup is definitely squirrelly at shows.

Sure, agree that many horn guys say only bass horns integrate properly. The new XD version makes the integration much, much better. Because of the horn mouth/material, you won't get panel-type transparency by definition. I think its the price you pay for the high efficiency/dynamics. Priorities are in order here and there isn't a right answer.

The $100k Acapella SS integrated is another reason I can't get onboard that company. Absurdity.
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Do they even have more than the one dealer in the US who just moved to Ca. from Colorado? If I were to try one of the two it would be the AG. Plus I can drive a few hours and actually hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    The $100k Acapella SS integrated is another reason I can't get onboard that company. Absurdity.
    +1.
    For comparison, Avantgarde does make an integrated amp, and last I checked, it was less than $20k.

And even that is too much considering that you can buy a compatible tube integrated from Triode (both companies), Line Magnetic, MastersounD, and many others for much less than that. I think even Joe's modified ASL Wave 8's with the right tube compliment would work with most AG's. The Coincident Dynamo SE is an extension of that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    I remember a Trio show demo years ago that got standing ovations! So yes, setup is definitely squirrelly at shows.

Sure, agree that many horn guys say only bass horns integrate properly. The new XD version makes the integration much, much better. Because of the horn mouth/material, you won't get panel-type transparency by definition. I think its the price you pay for the high efficiency/dynamics. Priorities are in order here and there isn't a right answer.

Just throw a Job225 amp on the bass portion of the AG duo and you are off to the races. Cured the integration ills for a pal who had a pair for 10 years and was never happy with that aspect before. Miracle biamping cure.
    NORMAN

Well, I'd put it this way, I would hate to give up my lovely wife AND whatever a big portion or ALL that would go with the wife.

So, WAF AND APPROVAL TO BUY is a definite MUST!

SME Synergy
    Thorens TD147 Jubilee (Restored) + Ortofon A-Mono
    Roon Nucleus+ 4TB + Plixir Elite LPS
    Luxman D-10x (Sep 2020)
    ModWright Oppo UDP205
    Air Tight ATC-5 Pre + ATM300R + ATH-3
    Avantgarde Uno XD Piano Black/Stealth Grey
    Audience AU24 SX Cables, Interconnects & aR6 OX Power Conditioner
    DS Audio Ioniser
    Audio-Philar Rack & Amp Stand

Super Moderator

OMG! Yes. The ASL amps were superb on my Cornwall IIIs. Amazing. They are little rock stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    And even that is too much considering that you can buy a compatible tube integrated from Triode (both companies), Line Magnetic, MastersounD, and many others for much less than that. I think even Joe's modified ASL Wave 8's with the right tube compliment would work with most AG's. The Coincident Dynamo SE is an extension of that idea.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    LMAO!

Mezzo XD is in my future for sure .

They are fantastic speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by bart View Post
    I'm wondering: are you married?
    ha .... i was wondering the same thing !!! in our house WAF is the key to a happy life ....NOTHING gets through without photos and extensive discussion .
    1]bel canto EIX/ F5 monoblocks . BC cd2, tannoy eaton legacy 2]bel canto pre 5 ,arcam a85 , black ice modded dac
    modded dac , marantz sa8005, Verity audio Rienzi

I believe it will be the the Voxativ Arpegio Due

BTW, does someone know who is the manufacturer of those strange and gorgeous speakers ?

On the Go: A&K SP1000 > Shure KSE 1500
    At home : ARIES > Denafrips Terminator R2R DAC > BHSE > STAX SR009
    -> for sale : Piano Forte PFVIII, Eddie Current 445 tube Amp (with many different tubes).
    Review Chord MOJO v/s HUGO et WooAudio WA8 v/s TU-05 & HUGO

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Seh View Post
    Well, I'd put it this way, I would hate to give up my lovely wife AND whatever a big portion or ALL that would go with the wife.

So, WAF AND APPROVAL TO BUY is a definite MUST!

No , not a problem at all. Typically , i back up my Truck and then go inside and ask her for a hand to bring the speakers in

After setup , the usual comments are mostly about the sound and finish and then she's off ..

28 yrs of HiFi assistance, shows and counting ...

Quote Originally Posted by bmichels View Post
    I believe it will be the the Voxativ Arpegio Due

BTW, does someone know who is the manufacturer of those strange and gorgeous speakers ?

yes i have seen those daydream speakers for sale here in uk , this is the blurb

For sale this incredible and innovative pair of ULTRA HIGH END LOUDSPEAKERS! 30Hz-30kHz by 0/-3dB! True ribbon dipole open baffle system with Ripol base section. Power handling 250W! This pair is used as a display pair in our showroom. MINT visual and technical condition. 12 months full Paneuropean guarantee. Shipping to U.K. Is INCLUDED in this price. For more details: ecobox.zone Don’t hesitate to contact us any time!

https://hifiwigwam.com/megastore/product/daydream-loudspeakers/
    1]bel canto EIX/ F5 monoblocks . BC cd2, tannoy eaton legacy 2]bel canto pre 5 ,arcam a85 , black ice modded dac

Well. Following my life changing exposure to the Magico M6 I would say these would be a life choice acoustically. However I'm not sure they will age so well aesthetically!

Banned

I'm simple I'd be happy moving up from the Sabrina's to the Yvettes.

Wilson Audio Duette 2.... because they can be used in many rooms of different size, including against the wall....

HAs anyone heard them ?

-> for sale : Piano Forte PFVIII, Eddie Current 445 tube Amp (with many different tubes).

Have now had my Vandersteen Quatros (in Audi Havana Black). They were placed up against teh back wall ((about 10" out) and in the corners. They look great and the wife loves them as they just melt into the corners. I had 4" spot lights installed above each one so they just glisten at night when the lights are out and the spots are on. So much metallic in the paint. Teh sound is incredible. I wish I could afford more, but I can't, so this is it for a long time I'm sure.

Triangle Magellan Grand Concert... Raidho D5..
    Triangle Magellan Concerto 2 < AQ Everest < Vitus Audio SS-010 Mk2 < AQ Dragon HC < AQ WEL Signature XLR < Chord Qutest w UpTone JS-2 & AQ Dragon Source < SOtM tX-USBultra w 75Ohm Master Clock Input, Paul Hynes SR5-12 Turbo XL & AQ Dragon Source < AQ Diamond USB < Aurender N-100H w AQ Dragon Source < Gryphon PowerZone w AQ NRG-Wild < Solid Tech Hybrid < Ansuz Darkz D-TC, Darkz D2, Stillpoints Ultra SS, Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer & Gold SE < Furutech FT-SWS < Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

Quote Originally Posted by johndoe21ro View Post
    Triangle Magellan Grand Concert... Raidho D5..
    thanks a lot for the reply, but... those speakers are quite big ! do they need huge rooms ?

Several candidates (no priority order implied);

TAD R1 MkII - my current speaker
    Legacy Audio VALOR
    EgglestonWorks IVY or Savoy with preference to IVY
    Magico M6 or possibly M3 (with MPods definitely)
    Evolution Acoustics MM7
    Gryphon Audio Pendragon
    Rockport Arrakis 2
    Rockport Lyra
    Sonus Faber Aida (v2) assuming hitting of lottery to tri-amp, cable and dual-sub the configuration
    which seems mandatory to opening these beauties up to their full potential
    Raidho D5.1
    Verity Audio Monslavat
    TIDAL La Assoluta
    Transmission Audio Ultimate
    Legacy Audio Valor+Wavelet v2, Esoteric S-02 Amps HDPlex 300W, RevAudio Labs DC Umbilical, Esoteric Grandioso P1, P1PSU & dual D1 DACs, Cybershaft Prem Ltd OP21A 10 MHz Clock, Esoteric C-02X, Shunyata Everest 8000 & Altaira SG-NR hubs, Sigma SGC/CGC ground cables, VTX-Ag ground tails, AfterBurner8 duplexes, CSP Inc Q4B, S2B IEC plates, Shunyata Omega CLOCK-50 cables, Tubulus Concentus HDMI, Elrod Master Series Diamond SE & Masters Series Gold Power cords and Statement Gold XLRs, Diamond XLRs & Master Series Diamond XLRs, Shunyata OMEGA QR-s power cable, Anaconda Z-tron XLR, Elrod Statement Gold speaker cables, Adona Zero GX3, GX2, GX racks, Composite Audio CF-2010, Townshend Audio Podiums, HRS DPX Damping Plates, Stillpoints Ultra SS w/Ultra Bases, pArtScience 64-well, 2D QRD 3-inch SpaceArray Diffusors

Travel/Rip: Apple MacBook Pro 16” 2023 M2 Max, 12-core CPU, 38-core GPU, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD for Audirvana+ v3, iTunes, REW Audio Analyzer, dbPowerAmp, DVD Audio Extractor

Don’t think I will ever get richer or bigger sized room. So just hope to be able to keep my current Rockport Cygnus. Very content with them even though I haven’t pushed them to their full potential yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes sc i would choose the verity audio monslavat too.

http://www.verityaudio.com/monsalvat/en/

My current speakers, which I recently acquired:

Reference 3A Reflector Monitor

The highly inert cabinet prevents blurring of detail due to resonances, which allows for extreme, astounding timbral resolution. The lack of a crossover may help with that too. Tonal color is realistic.

The speakers will be paired next week with dual JL Audio F112v2 subs (positioned on ASC SubTraps), replacing my old REL sub.

yes often looked at the reference 3a speakers and wondered what they sounded like

Hell I'd just choose Mike's complete system, I'm sure it will suit me for a life time. .
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Come on, of course there are new releases and versions of models. So, I won't choose anything because when a new version comes up, it would be a really attractive shiny piece of technology

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfrose View Post
    Come on, of course there are new releases and versions of models. So, I won't choose anything because when a new version comes up, it would be a really attractive shiny piece of technology
    This is your chance to be honest

Yeah this is my best shot to not choose I'm so picky around stuff especially technology things

But I really want to be more open and more faster in picking things. Still minor specs stop me of going either way.

All right guys! What about mbl Radialstrahler 101 E MKIII?!
    Triangle Magellan Concerto 2 < AQ Everest < Vitus Audio SS-010 Mk2 < AQ Dragon HC < AQ WEL Signature XLR < Chord Qutest w UpTone JS-2 & AQ Dragon Source < SOtM tX-USBultra w 75Ohm Master Clock Input, Paul Hynes SR5-12 Turbo XL & AQ Dragon Source < AQ Diamond USB < Aurender N-100H w AQ Dragon Source < Gryphon PowerZone w AQ NRG-Wild < Solid Tech Hybrid < Ansuz Darkz D-TC, Darkz D2, Stillpoints Ultra SS, Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer & Gold SE < Furutech FT-SWS < Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

Quote Originally Posted by johndoe21ro View Post
    All right guys! What about mbl Radialstrahler 101 E MKIII?!
    Very good suggestion!

I visited an MBL demo last week, and would like to share my impressions; you can read them here:

https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=42314

Hearing the MBL X-Tremes with a full Reference system was a paradigm shift.
    Vivid Audio - Burmester - Hegel - Marantz - Oppo - Pioneer 60" - Wireworld

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

If you had to choose only ONE pair of speakers for rest of your life ...