Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

In the Groove" record cleaner

Not one to jump on the bandwagon gimmick wise, but i thought i would take a chance on the In the Groove" record cleaner....well to sum it up....It works!...i took 5 albums that have not been cleaned in a long time and rolled the In the Groove" record cleaner over them and it picked up all kinds of dirt/residue and even fingerprints lol.......im not saying to replace your RCM with it, but for $10-$29 its a quick fix cleaning ......leaves no residue and when the stickiness wears down......simply wash it and dry.

inthegrooveRecordcleaner_1.jpg
    SKT-GROOVE-2.jpg
    Main System:Mcintosh MC601's Amplifer,Mcintosh C1000/C1000T Preamp,Kef Ref 5 Speakers,Mcintosh MCD1100 CDP,Mcintosh MT 5 TT, Olive 04HD, Acoustic Zen Absolute Shotgun Cables,4 ELECTRA™ 7 Power Cords&2 Pairs of
    ECLIPSE 7 (EBI) XLR's, Consonance D-Linear 15 Ultra Reference Power Conditioner/Surge Protector, SolidTech "Rack of Silence"Reference 4 Audio Stand.

Re: In the Groove" record cleaner

Glad it's working out for you Michael. I always wondered about it. Thanks for the input.
    Doug

And only cost around 18.00
    Caribbean Distributor of
    ARC / Sonus Faber / Wadia / Wilson / VAC / Soulution / Nordost / Shunyata / Stillpoints
    Kuzma / Focal / Resonessence Labs / ARIA / KRELL / Pro-Ject...

Quote Originally Posted by volks View Post
    Not one to jump on the bandwagon gimmick wise, but i thought i would take a chance on the In the Groove" record cleaner....well to sum it up....It works!...i took 5 albums that have not been cleaned in a long time and rolled the In the Groove" record cleaner over them and it picked up all kinds of dirt/residue and even fingerprints lol.......im not saying to replace your RCM with it, but for $10-$29 its a quick fix cleaning ......leaves no residue and when the stickiness wears down......simply wash it and dry.

inthegrooveRecordcleaner_1.jpg
    SKT-GROOVE-2.jpg
    haha!! awesome i forgot about these, i used to have one and seems must have got lost when i moved. but yes they do work for a quick sweep , especially for those of us without and automatic ultrasonic record cleaner to just pop them in. was a great product for in between cleanings and when you forget the record on your platter and gets dusty.
    thanks
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Rega/Ortofon/Viva 300b/KR

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

I've often wondered about this thing and have always dismissed it as snake oil before. I wonder though, it looks very much like my lint remover for clothing and is actually the same thing, by description, just a different color. So does it just remove surface dust and dirt? If so, wouldn't a CF brush do the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by MusicDirector View Post
    I've often wondered about this thing and have always dismissed it as snake oil before. I wonder though, it looks very much like my lint remover for clothing and is actually the same thing, by description, just a different color. So does it just remove surface dust and dirt? If so, wouldn't a CF brush do the same thing?

It "looks" like a Lint remover, but its not the same thing at all........you just wash this when you cleaned a few records and wash it and its as good as new.....it takes off dirt/dust and even fingerprints/oils.....mold release/spores(maybe?) ......for the cheap price i got it for its great so far.
    Main System:Mcintosh MC601's Amplifer,Mcintosh C1000/C1000T Preamp,Kef Ref 5 Speakers,Mcintosh MCD1100 CDP,Mcintosh MT 5 TT, Olive 04HD, Acoustic Zen Absolute Shotgun Cables,4 ELECTRA™ 7 Power Cords&2 Pairs of
    ECLIPSE 7 (EBI) XLR's, Consonance D-Linear 15 Ultra Reference Power Conditioner/Surge Protector, SolidTech "Rack of Silence"Reference 4 Audio Stand.

Quote Originally Posted by volks View Post
    It "looks" like a Lint remover, but its not the same thing at all........you just wash this when you cleaned a few records and wash it and its as good as new.....it takes off dirt/dust and even fingerprints/oils.....mold release/spores(maybe?) ......for the cheap price i got it for its great so far.
    I actually have a lint remover that works like that. That said though if it also takes off fingerprints/oils (although I am careful with my records..once in a while...hey it's gonna happen).....well, then I may have to pick me up one of these. Hmm, I wonder if I should use it before cleaning a record thinking perhaps it may help even more in some way?

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

In the Groove" record cleaner