Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Northern California Coast & San Francisco

Opera LP Boxed Sets

It would seem boxed sets of Opera LP's are not very popular in my town. I have been finding many at $1.00 for a set of 3-6 LP's! It also seems they are almost always in pristine condition, appearing to have been played only once or twice. This makes them an incredible bargain, perhaps the best value ever. I should consider myself blessed to appreciate something most everyone else does not!
    Tom
    Ultimate Audio
    SoundLab Dealer

Country System:
    SoundLab Ultimate-1PX Electrostatic Speakers
    Pass Labs XP-32 pre, Pass Labs XA60.8 Amps
    Pass Lab XP-27 phono stage
    SME 20/2 table with SME V arm, Stillpoints LPI
    Minus-K BM-8 passive vibration control under tt
    Dynavector XV-1s, Koeitsu Rosewood Signature cartridges, Klaudio RCM
    Roon Nucleus+ powered by Keces P-8 LPS
    Lumin X-1 Network Music Player
    3 dedicated AC lines
    Shunyata Omega PC to Everest for all source devices
    Typhon for each amp powered by 2 dedicated circuits
    Various Shunyata Alpha & Sigma PC's throughout.
    Stillpoints under everything.

City System:
    Ayre KX-R Twenty Preamp
    Pass Labs X-260.8 Monoblocks
    Esoteric K-03 SACD Player
    Roon Nucleus+powered by UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS
    Lumin X-1 Network Music Player
    Sound Lab Ultimate-545PX Speakers
    Shunyata Hydra 8, Typhon QR
    Various Shunyata Alpha & Sigma PC's throughout
    Stillpoints under everything. Multiple room acoustic panels.

Re: Opera LP Boxed Sets

I find the same thing when it comes to Classical music in general. I've picked up box sets of Mozart, Beethoven... for a dollar or two that are pristine all the way. You have to figure though that nobody has heard of Classical records being played at wild house parties unlike Led Zep, CCR, Deep Purple, The Doors, Pink Floyd and even The 5th Dimension (I still haven't figured that one out) and so on, so finding anything of that genera in even fair condition is highly unlikely.
    Folks who owned Classical records were usually audiophiles and had good gear to play them on, so that's partly at least why we find such records in such great condition.

Re: Opera LP Boxed Sets

Quote Originally Posted by MtnHam View Post
    It would seem boxed sets of Opera LP's are not very popular in my town. I have been finding many at $1.00 for a set of 3-6 LP's! It also seems they are almost always in pristine condition, appearing to have been played only once or twice. This makes them an incredible bargain, perhaps the best value ever. I should consider myself blessed to appreciate something most everyone else does not!

Wow that IS a great deal!
    Main System:Mcintosh MC601's Amplifer,Mcintosh C1000/C1000T Preamp,Kef Ref 5 Speakers,Mcintosh MCD1100 CDP,Mcintosh MT 5 TT, Olive 04HD, Acoustic Zen Absolute Shotgun Cables,4 ELECTRA™ 7 Power Cords&2 Pairs of
    ECLIPSE 7 (EBI) XLR's, Consonance D-Linear 15 Ultra Reference Power Conditioner/Surge Protector, SolidTech "Rack of Silence"Reference 4 Audio Stand.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Opera LP Boxed Sets