Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Arrow Affordable U-Turn Orbit Turntable

~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

Re: Affordable U-Turn Orbit Turntable

This was quite a sensation on another board ..to be honest, not a bad entry level at all l(very entry level) . I give these guys a lot of credit for starting this through Kickstarter and making it work...The one shown is the entry level. For a few dollars more, you get an acrylic platter and better cart
    MAIN RIG: Equipment: Marantz SR4023 as Pre / Velleman K4040 Tube Power Amp / Yamaha M65 Power Amp / Polk Monitor 70's with Polk Sub / ClearAudio Concept table with Musical Surroundings Phonomena II Phono Stage and ClearAudio Concept MC cart /Pioneer PL500 TT with AT440MLa

Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Audioshark

The link doesn't work.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

strange...worked for me...try it on a windows pc...LOL
    MAIN RIG: Equipment: Marantz SR4023 as Pre / Velleman K4040 Tube Power Amp / Yamaha M65 Power Amp / Polk Monitor 70's with Polk Sub / ClearAudio Concept table with Musical Surroundings Phonomena II Phono Stage and ClearAudio Concept MC cart /Pioneer PL500 TT with AT440MLa

Quote Originally Posted by ohbythebay View Post
    strange...worked for me...try it on a windows pc...LOL
    Post of the day hahaha...but Mike...it is...Sad but true...didn't work on my Mac but my Windows does...

Edit : Something happened now and then.It works on both now.@_@
    Paul

Links work on both.

You have to appreciate his enthusiasm for Vinyl. Just look at the other videos he has on Youtube, HE LOVES THIS!

Regarding the U-Turn, I hope it sells well. I hope it creates a market large enough for more competition and more ingenuity.

Did you guys know that was a Michael Fremer video ?

Here is his full review
    U-Turn?s Remarkable $179 Orbit Turntable is A Crosley Killer! | Analog Planet

Yes, well aware that it's Michael Fremer. I also get follow the blog you linked.

If I could speak with half as much zeal and snark as he can I would spend every day of the rest of my life doing what he does.

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

It's a beautiful world the analogue platine drive we live in. ...It turns in orbit and makes smooth music ♪
    And that U-Turn everyone can orbit with it; it's only $179, even kids can afford to orbit around our analogue planet.
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

I'm surprised Mr. Fremer gave any kudos to this table. Perhaps he is changing with age and embracing things that cost less than $60k? That's good because there is a whole world of audio out there that goes unreported usually and so none of us ever finds out about it.
    As for having the distinction of being a "Crosley killer", that is no exclusive. In my opinion, anything can kill a Crosley. Fisher-Price turntables can kill Crosleys. So that's nothing impressive. However, what is impressive in my opinion is the affordability of this table that is no different from entry level units from Rega, Project, Music Hall, etc. that cost 2 to 3 times as much. I think perhaps that, amongst other things, may be what is being pointed out in the article and video?
    For me personally, I would not want a U-Turn table or any other modern day table as I am strictly a legacy table or nothing guy, but if not for that, if I were anyone else in need of a table, I would not hesitate picking one of these up!

What's interesting about this turntable, the "have nots" now have a new purchase, quality turntable. It's never good when the separation between the have's and the have nots becomes apparently large.

Moreover, it could help with new and used Record sales in the US.

Listening to just music has been pushed to a secondary activity; as compared to reading a book and doing house hold chores at the same time. I could go on about that. Hopefully, this brings listening to music back as a mainstream activity.

Quote Originally Posted by o0OBillO0o View Post
    What's interesting about this turntable, the "have nots" now have a new purchase, quality turntable. It's never good when the separation between the have's and the have nots becomes apparently large.

Moreover, it could help with new and used Record sales in the US.

Listening to just music has been pushed to a secondary activity; as compared to reading a book and doing house hold chores at the same time. I could go on about that. Hopefully, this brings listening to music back as a mainstream activity.
    That's a great thought! The world would be a far better place if everyone took the time to listen to music.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Affordable U-Turn Orbit Turntable