Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Re: Starting Point - Bob's new room and Alexia's new home

What an absolutely fantastic room, Bob! It must be a pleasure to sit there in tranquility and immerse oneself......
    PS: the speakers look better with the cover off!😀

what a nice place, good luck with all thouse special gear!

Beautiful sets of HiFi systems, but what I would stronglyrecommend is the installation of TUBE BASS trap units, because without them the audio system will not sound the way the system can deliver to the space.
    ASC Tube Traps
    and
    SST Tube traps
    are great for treatment of your expensive HiFI rooms,
    They are worth every penny invested.
    Take a look at their sites, and you’ll find valuable tips.
    Regards
    DS

Just a little tease... Here's the Diesis Roma setup in the Rhapsody-Out-West listening room.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Alsyvox Botticelli and external crossovers have just landed in my garage.

And these aren't your granddads panels... the weight of the skid is 836 lbs!

so how do you like the disesis?

Quote Originally Posted by u-sound View Post
    so how do you like the disesis?
    The Diesis Roma have less than 50 hours on them so my opinion at this point is pre-mature. However, I can say my prior Wilson Alexia are now receeding from view in the rear-view mirror after having been kicked to the curb with a steel-toed boot. They just lay there, defeated and whimpering.

Even at this early stage the sound is much bigger, the speakers can scale to render full orchestra much better, and the ease and flow make the Wilson’s, in comparison, seem to work very hard to push the notes out. Part of that is the open baffle, part of that is the horn, and part of that is 98db efficiency. At twice the price of Alexia, they should be better, and it is obvious within the first few minutes of playing. Easily a competitor to the likes of Wilson Alexx V, and if playing in this category a speaker worth hearing.

And along comes mighty Achilles and Alsyvox Botticelli X…

The Achilles fresh out of the flight case, and Botticelli setup only very roughly with no tweaking just yet. Things need some time to run-in.

And these came in this week, sitting in the back of the room waiting for some playing time. Bayz “Courante 2.0”

The Bayz are getting some break-in hours…

I've been letting the Bayz drink from the Pilium tap now for several days. The manual says they need about 50 hours, they're probably close to 100. (Nice to have SS amps for a change, with my prior ARC gear I was always concerned about running in new gear burning up tube hours.)

I've had the Wilson dealer do setups for me in the past, so I'm still a bit of a novice. The Diesis Roma and Alsyvox were very easy to setup and get sounding good. Amazing small amount of setup needed. The Bayz are a ported speaker, and to get the best bass and tonality does require a little more effort. Interestingly, they seem to couple best with the room within the Wilson "Zone of Neutrality".

I listened to a couple of my friends' systems over the weekend, then came back and listened to the Bayz. I had been monkeying around with setup, going to extremes in placement to see what the effects were. I had left the Bayz out in the room a bit too far and after hearing my friends rigs I was a little underwhelmed with the Bayz. Then I remembered — and pushed them back into position. Everything snapped into place, the bass was no longer lean and the tonality came back.

I'm really amazed by these speakers. Unlike my prior Wilson Alexia, these play much taller than they seem. The Wilson's never really played above the tops of the speakers—a little maybe with the right recording. The Bayz play really big when called for. Misa Creola, for example can have sound coming from what seems like the church balcony, and just fills the room.

As much as I enjoyed the Wilson Alexia for many years, they're completely in the rear view mirror.

And the Bayz are just crazy cool looking speakers. (With sound to match!)

Had any customers show up yet?
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

None have been invited, though I do have a small wait-list. I am not quite ready for prime-time as everything needs to run-in and then I need to optimize placement for each speaker and record the positions for repeatability. By first of the month I should be hosting auditions. So far, only my local audio buddies. No-one has heard the Bayz just yet.

Audiophiles will want to hear these brands. Each is excellent and each is a little different. A giant step forward compared to my prior kit, which didn’t suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobvin View Post

Audiophiles will want to hear these brands. Each is excellent and each is a little different.
    while not in the market for exotic speakers (sorry if i call them as such) i got to admit your place is becoming incredible interesting. first i thought it might be too far off mainstream, but now with the gear there...lovely!

Bob - Listened to the Bayz at AXPONA a couple years ago. I believe they were driven with the CH Precision Integrated. Pretty good sound in that room. My guess is that with your gear and in your great room they’ll sound quite good. Congrats!

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Starting Point - Bob's new room and Alexia's new home