Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Cary 300b se signature monos

im going to do this in 2 parts. right now im giving a early quick review, then in a month or so when i settle into the 300b tubes i want and break them in and get a better feel for these amps in my system. i will go a little more in depth. it seem i do this all the time and then forget about the second part.lol.
    first off, 90db speakers on 15w amps..... yea it drives em with ease. its only 2 clicks beyond where my 100w snappers would be on the volume dial. i could hardly believe it when i first turned them on.
    but if i listened loud to the snappers at 12 o'clock im only at barely 1 o'clock with these amps. i got alot of volume dial left too!!! makes me very happy. i was worried about this.
    i found the rectifier tubes sitting at my front door this morning and ice cold i pulled them out and put them in the amps, i couldnt wait. gave them 5 minutes to warm up and fired it all up.
    one thing i will say is these amps are definitely not new, cary made them for 14 years and started in the early 90's. i think these were said to be made around 2004.
    the tubes i presently have in these are a pair of 1960's brimars 6sn7's in one amp, and a mismatched single brimar and a brand new electro harmonics cheap one in the other amp. the rectifiers are new 1964 nos mullard gz37's.(cv378's)
    the 300b's are new stock electro hamonics with about 10 hours on them.
    so im not where i want to be tube wise. the rectifiers and one of the brimars came in smashed up , so i had to order new tubes and wait to fire these up until today.
    straight up as soon as i dropped the needle in the groove the first thing i noticed was the position of the singer. where with my snappers she was standing back behing my turntable and to the left a little bit, now she is standing in front of my table and dead center.
    maybe its the 300b magic im hearing already but everything is thicker sounding and more natural and more pronounced. the strings are resonating more the reverb is better. the midrange is super smooth and relaxed. yet not overly warm as i though it could possibly be.
    the bass is (believe it or not) way better. still very tight, yet adding a little needed mud to it. my snappers could do great heavy bass with the cd player and on my old turntable. but since i got the merrill things were tightened up and i was hearing all the bass notes i was missing before. there are actually instruments playing that.lol. now im still hearing the notes but these 300b's are giving me the ability to get down lower and add a little deeper bass to the overall sound. i never would have guessed it. my 2 greatest fears with changing to these amps was that they wouldnt drive my speakers and that i would lose my bass. both have proved to be a non issue and im so happy about it.!!!!!
    Oh yea back to the midrange, instead of how some instruments used to jump out at you. they now are in line with the rest and a nice even beautiful presentation. the soundstage was good with the snappers and is just as good if not a little more spread out, and a little bit better separation. so far about 5 or 6 albums in, i am thrilled with these amps. this is the first cary product ive ever owned, aside from a borrowed cad 120 a few years ago, i dont have much experience with the company. 300b magic is finally in my house. doug just mentioned to me that i have the least amount of watts on the shark now.lmao!!!! 15w baby!!!!
    ive heard lots of tube amps in my day and alot recently. but for a 2004 pair of little compact amps these are unbelievably impressive. and even though less expensive than my snappers im saying a good step up musically.
    and once again the sonus faber venere 3.0's have impressed the hell out of me being able to easily do anything i have asked of them. now running smooth with 15w pushing them. i never would have guessed they would do it so easily.
    so far there is a definite overall improvement in the sounds in my house.!!!!!
    amps 009.JPGamps 008.JPGamps 007.JPGamps 006.JPGamps 001.JPG
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Rega/Ortofon/Viva 300b/KR

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

Re: Cary 300b se signature monos

sorry i dont know how to do this in the first post

Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

Steve, I'm so happy for you. So glad to hear that everything worked out well.

TUBE RULE !!!!

Here are my gift to you ~

Paul

thanks paul !!!! im gonna call them "the little amps that could" lmao!!!!
    thats a nice gift. ill take 2
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

Steve. With your experience what is the pros and cons on 300B?
    Paul

Congrats on your new amps Steve!!......maybe some custom sized amp stands?
    Dealer / Manufacture Disclosure:

Jeff Whitlock
    A/V Solutions / Unity Audio Design
    www.avsolutionsca.com

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMcIntosh View Post
    Steve. With your experience what is the pros and cons on 300B?
    its a little early to tell, i dont see any cons yet. but for some reason the snappers mixed with my hovland pre were very warm together and sometimes too warm. im thinking it wasnt the right mix. i dont hear that with these so far at all. this is more natural sounding and doesnt make the preamp seem over liquidy, which it did at times before. but so far i just have pros, these are sounding better and better with each record. my pre is known for the endless beautiful highs, which it does so well, mixed with the silky smooth midrange of these 300b's and the added thump to the bass. im in tube heaven right now.
    oh i thought of a con, the 300b's dont light up like i thought they would. i thought they be like light bulbs in there and they are not.lol.

Quote Originally Posted by A/V Solutions View Post
    Congrats on your new amps Steve!!......maybe some custom sized amp stands?
    lmao!!!! i just made those ...... out of the leftovers from my diy rack.lol. i already have plans of doing a nice pair this week.
    thanks, and thanks for the motivation. we have spoke about all the tools and saws we both have. it would be a shame to use a single piece of mdf spray painted white for too long .lmao!!!!
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

Congrats Steve !
    Beautiful amps. Enjoy in great health.
    Shindo, Nagra, Electrocompaniet, Harbeth, AMR, Mc Intosh, Auditorium 23, Rega, DeVore, JC Verdier, WireWorld, Kimber

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome W View Post
    Congrats Steve !
    Beautiful amps. Enjoy in great health.
    hey jerome!!! thank you!!!
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

Maybe a pair of these......The easy mover amp stand LOL!!

caryampstand.jpg
    Dealer / Manufacture Disclosure:

Jeff Whitlock
    A/V Solutions / Unity Audio Design
    www.avsolutionsca.com

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

lol!!!! perfect size, rubber feet, i like em!!!
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

Super Moderator

Hi Steve,

Not sure how I missed this. Congratulations on that cool 300B amp. Oh the glory of SET. Love it.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Audioshark

Congrats Steve! Welcome to the Cary club! They look gorgeous and I bet sound gorgeous too. Time to save up for:

http://psvanetube.com/wordpress/stor...0b-11-replica/

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

This was the first thing that stuck out to me:

"straight up as soon as i dropped the needle in the groove..."

Yeah baby, vinyl!!! You're badass old Skool Steve. Tubes and vinyl, the way music was meant to be played...

I'm glad that your two biggest fears are a non-issue. With speakers sometimes it's not all about sensitivity. You have to look at the number of drivers that need to be driven as well. I'm sure glad you don't have to sell those Veneres... There is definitely a magic that you get from SET amps. They are delicate but not wimpy and allow the music to fill the room and just flow through you. When I remember other amps that I've had, both tube and SS, I remember listening to music. With my SET amp I'm in the music. Yeah that sounds like some crazy hippy shit but that's how I can best describe it.

Sounds like you found your new amps that will be a part of your system for a while. Now you get to lust over all those different tubes to roll in and out of them. GL's, Shuguang Treasures, Western Electric!!! Regular plate or mesh plate? If the 300b's sound like this, what about 2A3's? RCA's, Sylvania's, Marconi's?!!!

It's a sickness...enjoy.
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Congrats Steve! Welcome to the Cary club! They look gorgeous and I bet sound gorgeous too. Time to save up for:

Psvane WE300B 1:1 Replica (pair) | Psvane & Shuguang Treasure Audio Tubes, Caps and Amps

yea i saw those, on sale for just $835 a pair. i guess its a worthy investment ill be saving for awhile and id have to add a couple pairs of these to the list, at a mere $290 a pair id have to get a a pair for each amp. so for $1400 altogether id probably be in heaven and never get rid of these amps. im guessing its worth it.
    psvane 6sn7's

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Hi Steve,

Not sure how I missed this. Congratulations on that cool 300B amp. Oh the glory of SET. Love it.
    Joe!!! havent heard much from you lately, thanks and i hope all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by dlb2 View Post
    This was the first thing that stuck out to me:

"straight up as soon as i dropped the needle in the groove..."

Yeah baby, vinyl!!! You're badass old Skool Steve. Tubes and vinyl, the way music was meant to be played...

I'm glad that your two biggest fears are a non-issue. With speakers sometimes it's not all about sensitivity. You have to look at the number of drivers that need to be driven as well. I'm sure glad you don't have to sell those Veneres... There is definitely a magic that you get from SET amps. They are delicate but not wimpy and allow the music to fill the room and just flow through you. When I remember other amps that I've had, both tube and SS, I remember listening to music. With my SET amp I'm in the music. Yeah that sounds like some crazy hippy shit but that's how I can best describe it.

Sounds like you found your new amps that will be a part of your system for a while. Now you get to lust over all those different tubes to roll in and out of them. GL's, Shuguang Treasures, Western Electric!!! Regular plate or mesh plate? If the 300b's sound like this, what about 2A3's? RCA's, Sylvania's, Marconi's?!!!

It's a sickness...enjoy.
    oh yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think i just changed the way im building this system. first off i no longer want to sell this preamp, so far they are working as a combo way better than my previous combo and the internal phonostage sounds so good right now only reason to bring in en external is i want to play with more cartridges and need more loading options. and a big deal is saving money on not having to get more efficient speakers , that $$ is going to go into the phonostage,great tubes, and of course some fun cartridges like spu's, mono and mm's. im thinking spu and 300b's? about as old skool as it gets.lmao!!!!
    TUBES AND VINYL 4 LIFE !!!
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Petro85 View Post
    yea i saw those, on sale for just $835 a pair. i guess its a worthy investment ill be saving for awhile and id have to add a couple pairs of these to the list, at a mere $290 a pair id have to get a a pair for each amp. so for $1400 altogether id probably be in heaven and never get rid of these amps. im guessing its worth it.
    psvane 6sn7's

Joe!!! havent heard much from you lately, thanks and i hope all is well.

oh yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think i just changed the way im building this system. first off i no longer want to sell this preamp, so far they are working as a combo way better than my previous combo and the internal phonostage sounds so good right now only reason to bring in en external is i want to play with more cartridges and need more loading options. and a big deal is saving money on not having to get more efficient speakers , that $$ is going to go into the phonostage,great tubes, and of course some fun cartridges like spu's, mono and mm's. im thinking spu and 300b's? about as old skool as it gets.lmao!!!!
    TUBES AND VINYL 4 LIFE !!!
    Steve - I was so hesitant to get the vintage WE replica series tubes from Psvane and I certainly wasn't going to eBay/China anymore after being repeatedly burned. But I spoke with Rachel at Grant Fidelity in Canada (you always have to leave a message - but she will call you back) and her comments about the tubes convinced me to take the plunge and I'm soooooo glad I did. Its hard to imagine these tubes getting even better after 100 hours. These aren't a little better than the Black treasures or P2's or stock tubes - these are miles better in every respect: bass, soundstaging, PRAT, midrange and especially, dynamics. Worth every penny.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Steve - I was so hesitant to get the vintage WE replica series tubes from Psvane and I certainly wasn't going to eBay/China anymore after being repeatedly burned. But I spoke with Rachel at Grant Fidelity in Canada (you always have to leave a message - but she will call you back) and her comments about the tubes convinced me to take the plunge and I'm soooooo glad I did. Its hard to imagine these tubes getting even better after 100 hours. These aren't a little better than the Black treasures or P2's or stock tubes - these are miles better in every respect: bass, soundstaging, PRAT, midrange and especially, dynamics. Worth every penny.
    well you sold me on the veneres and i love them, and you sold me on these too, instead of getting the ones i was going to order next week, ill just chill for a few weeks and put the $$ together for these. where your 300b's are part of your amp, the 300b's in these amps are the biggest part, and should be the best i can find. im glad you were the guinea pig here cause i would never spend that kinda money or even have found these without your direction.thx!!!
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

Steve, congrats & mr happy pants time. Are you going to listen to the zu's anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by sharkmouth View Post
    Steve, congrats & mr happy pants time. Are you going to listen to the zu's anyway?
    yes but the guy who was supposed to have them this week got held up on his order.he was supposed to be getting 3 pairs and is only getting one pair , the druids. which was on my list to hear. so as soon as he gets them ,im going to hear them with an audio space 300b amp.
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

Nice!!!

Thanks for the write up! I'm just getting back into audio, after a long period out of the hobby. I've got a pair of original Cary 300B amps and you really can't beat the 300b for midrange and delivering music to the listener. I had seen that you were using some of the newer 300B tubes, such as Psvane. Have you done any listening companions between this newer 300b variant and some of the older ones... such as We300, original Tj, Svetlana, etch? I'm really not in the market to replace the WE's (also used to have Svetlana and Tj's)...but I am interested in any listening impressions comparing them.

Thanks,
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
    Thanks for the write up! I'm just getting back into audio, after a long period out of the hobby. I've got a pair of original Cary 300B amps and you really can't beat the 300b for midrange and delivering music to the listener. I had seen that you were using some of the newer 300B tubes, such as Psvane. Have you done any listening companions between this newer 300b variant and some of the older ones... such as We300, original Tj, Svetlana, etch? I'm really not in the market to replace the WE's (also used to have Svetlana and Tj's)...but I am interested in any listening impressions comparing them.

Thanks,
    Dan
    hi Dan welcome to the shark!!!!yes i have been testing, the gold lions are good but i keep wanting to go back to the psvanes, im looking into what pair of 300b's to test next. i think the sophia princess mesh plates or carbon plates are next on the list. ive been looking at the older 300b's as well and havent found anything that really makes me want to buy them yet. the plan is to find a suitable nos tube to try out as well. but im still searching for them. and the only original WE's i found are more than i paid for the amps ,per tube.lol. so i wont be doing that.
    i read a few articles on 300b's and they seem to say the newer technology makes better tubes. im not sure if i believe that or not yet. im guessing different but maybe not better.
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

Very nice, Steve! Glad to hear about your journeys. Have you been rolling your driver and input tubes?

Dan

Very nice, Steve! Glad to hear about your journeys. Have you been rolling your driver and input tubes?

Dan
    in the input and driver spots i have not tried any new production yet. i have the 60's brimars and the 50's melz i got from nikolay at tube maze. the melz seem to be better in the input and the brimars in the drivers. i have some plans of trying different new production and a couple more pairs of nos in there. i ran them the other way around for a few weeks and this way just seems a very slight bit better. ive been speaking with a couple tube guys and they both seem to think these psvanes are not going to sound their best until the 250 hour mark and im definiely not there yet. so i may have jumped the gun on my review of them a bit. by may i should have a few more pairs of both 300b and 6sn7's to try out.
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

I would think you did jump the gun a bit, not having a decent amount of hours on the psvanes yet...all in due time. I was actually talking about rolling vintage driver and input tubes...didn't even think of new production 6sn7's! Have fun!

I would think you did jump the gun a bit, not having a decent amount of hours on the psvanes yet...all in due time. I was actually talking about rolling vintage driver and input tubes...didn't even think of new production 6sn7's! Have fun!
    in your experience with these amps, did you find a really great combo in input and driver tubes. i would love some suggestions to keep me from buying a million different combos because im looking at a new preamp with a huge choice of tubes. can be run with either 300b's or2a3's, the rectifier has 10 choices of tubes that it can run and the other 4 tubes are 6sL7's . if i get it i will be buying some serious tubes in the near future.lol.
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

Quote Originally Posted by Petro85 View Post
    in your experience with these amps, did you find a really great combo in input and driver tubes. i would love some suggestions to keep me from buying a million different combos because im looking at a new preamp with a huge choice of tubes. can be run with either 300b's or2a3's, the rectifier has 10 choices of tubes that it can run and the other 4 tubes are 6sL7's . if i get it i will be buying some serious tubes in the near future.lol.

I have the original Cary 300se mono amps, with a CV378 Rectifier, 300b Output tube and one 6sl7 driver tube. I'll include some thoughts I had written down WAY back in 2002 on rolling in specific driver tubes. These amps have been sitting dormant for quite some time, as has my speakers and my main system. I hooked them back up getting ready to thin out some of my equipment, I'll be reluctant to see these go. Because of this I haven't got any experience rolling any of the newer 6sl7 tubes in. The old notes are below

Hi there,

First off....let me say your results will not only depend on your personal "taste" in music...and on your system...but also on the output tube your using. The best way to find out is to try...try...try. Lucky the 6sl7s are a bit cheaper than the 300B tubes or we'd all be broke.

My first 6sl7 swapping was with the WE300B tube. Some of the tubes I've tried...this is what I found(remember...your mileage most likely WILL vary based on system differences and personal taste)

Philips Jan 6sl7WGT - Here's a tube that's not often sought after. It has a nice laid back presentation to it. Seems to be clear and detailed with a decent soundstage. This tube seemed to just let the 300B tube be heard.

Nationa Union 6sl7 vt-229 - Alot of presence here. It seems to add more to the top end and just a bit to the upper bottom also. It has a bit more forward presentation with the WE300B. More dynamics and a wider soundstage. It did seem to "muddy" up the details a bit. All in all...after living with the tube for a while it was just to forward for me.

Sylvania 6sl7 vt-229 - Very similar to the NU tube. Added top...punchier bottom...wider...wider soundstage. But not as forward as the NU...still a bit forward...but just not as much. The Sylvania also seemed to "muddy" up the details a bit. All in all...not my tube of choice for now. Did I mention it has a very wide dynamic presntation though

RCA 5691(red base) - This tube...the first time I tried it was after the NU tube. It's definitly a different sound...much more laid back. A bit rolled off in the treble(compared) nice presentation but it just seemed to be not all that detailed and clear...just a bit. This is now compared to the Philips WGT.

Sylvania 6sl7GT(don't remember the year) (chrome domes) - I got rid of these I now wish I hadn't. they seemed to have nice detail...very clean. A laid back (easy) presentation. But they lacked a bit of dynamics and didn't have that huge soundstage. I'll try to get another pair.

These were all with the WE300B tube. I think that is important factor...change the output tube...try all the 6sl7s again. After all the tubes tried...I kept the Philips WGTs in. They seemed to have a presentation that I liked with nice detail...seemed to more so let the WE talk for the amp than the others.

TJ300B mesh (perf plates) - don't get me wrong...the WE are nice. I love the easy presentaion they have. But, the TJs seem to have a more extended top end. Notice I didn't say added top end(as before with the 6sl7s) more extended bottom end. More dynamic...cleaner, more detail. Still very musical. Nice tube! The soundstage is not as wide or deep as the WE tube. Also, the TJ is a bit more forward in it's presentation...not much...but a bit more.

Philips WGT - again...nice. Seems to let the TJ thru. Clean detailed...this is what I have in now.

NU vt-229 - again....dynamic...added top wide soundstage...very forward now...and a bit muddied.

Sylvania vt-229 - Dynamic, added top and bottom...wide...wide soundstage. bit muddied compared to the Philips WGT but not to bad. Again...presentaion is to forward.

Sylvania chrome domes - Now...I wish I had them back...I think this may be a good match. <

RCA(reds) - not to bad...nice presentaion...just a bit muddied on the details.

I really have to get me a pair of the old Sylvanias again! They were a bit light with the WE tube...but were very clean and detailed with a laid back presentation. Live and learn...still don't know why I got rid of them!

Once again...you mileage will vary...you have to find what suits you...and your system. When trying them...swap them back and forth if you want....then leave the tube in there for a week or two...to live with it for a while...

anyone have any other thoughts or experiences with various 6sl7 types? Love to hear'em!

I have the original Cary 300se mono amps, with a CV378 Rectifier, 300b Output tube and one 6sl7 driver tube. I'll include some thoughts I had written down WAY back in 2002 on rolling in specific driver tubes. These amps have been sitting dormant for quite some time, as has my speakers and my main system. I hooked them back up getting ready to thin out some of my equipment, I'll be reluctant to see these go. Because of this I haven't got any experience rolling any of the newer 6sl7 tubes in. The old notes are below

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana]
    awesome thanks for that. very interesting. seems you get rid of tubes too fast.lol. id keep them all forever. id also liketo try some sylvanias, and some rcas i was just looking at.
    these melz i got from tube maze are very nice, you should give them a try for the moderate price i paid. i might get another pair for the output drivers.
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

Hello gentlemen,

Owner of a CAD 301 SE since 2002, after trying several combinations of tube, the team gain is for me the following : KR 842 VHD (300B) ; Chelmer CV181/ECC32 (6SN7) ; Brimar CV4024/6060 3 mica D getter (12AT7/ECC81) ; Sylvania JAN-CHS 5931 3 mica (5U4G/GZ37).

Best regards
    Alain (France)

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Alain, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team