Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

MA-1 firmware update?

I thought I read somewhere late last year about a MA-1 firmware update ...due to be released somewhere around now.

'was just curious if this is still in the works.. Or maybe I'm mistaken.

Thanks!
    Magnepan 20.7 - CJ ART 300s - CJ GATV2 - Meitner MA-1 V2 -Dedicated JRMC + Synology NAS

Re: MA-1 firmware update?

They have shown on facebook many months ago but no reply and no update about this upgrade.....

I received a note back from them that new MA-1 firmware is in final testing phase and is planned to be released sometime around the end of this month (June)

From the general info I received regarding the firmware, it was stated to be substantial improvement.
    Magnepan 20.7 - CJ ART 300s - CJ GATV2 - Meitner MA-1 V2 -Dedicated JRMC + Synology NAS

Ray, thanks for the info. Will have to update mine when available.

I received an update from Meitner support this week.
    DAC2X and MA-1 firmware testing are done. Links should be ready next week....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ray, thanks for your tenacity! How are the Maggies & CJ world treating you? Any new parts or tweaks?

Quote Originally Posted by sharkmouth View Post
    Ray, thanks for your tenacity! How are the Maggies & CJ world treating you? Any new parts or tweaks?
    thanks Kev, 'only new update coming is central air conditioning in the house in the next few weeks.... :0 I decided the ART/GAT combo with the Maggies is just too good for me to live through the summer months without. Just today I bit the bullet, took advantage of "tube-depot" July 4th 10% discount, plus their quantity 20 discount on KT-120s, so now I have a full replacement set of power tubes for the ARTs. Heaven help me I'm a full fledged tube-guy now.

I've reached a plateau I guess, I just like the current setup so much that I hate to mess with it much. I'm actually the process of re-purposing the MC452 into another system "upstairs system" in any case, it's all good!

...the Meitner support person has been great getting back to me with updates on the DACs, from what I gather, these updates will be well worth the wait.

Super Moderator

Ray,

I am so happy for you. Congratulations. The only problem with my CJ gear (GAT+ART monos) is that I can not get to sleep if they are playing. I am so drawn into the music that I stay up all night listening. I guess that's not so bad.

Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Ray...do you know what the updates are supposed to deliver (i.e., more functionality or better SQ or both)?
    Cyril
    Speakers/Amp/Preamp: Thiel CS2.4 / ARC Ref 110 / ARC Ref 3
    Sources: Basis 2001/Graham2.2/Nagra BPS/Benz Micro Glider SL, Dynavector 20X2-L, ARC CD7, Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Cables/Power/Other: Nordost Heimdall ICs, SCs / Shunyata Hydra 8, Shunyata Python Helix PC / VPI 16.5, HRS Nimbus isolation system

Improved SQ but no 2x DSD yet.

Quote Originally Posted by sebna View Post
    Improved SQ but no 2x DSD yet.
    Yea I've heard only of SQ improvements across the board, but nothing regarding 2XDSD or other, which I'd been hoping for.

Thx guys
    Cyril
    Speakers/Amp/Preamp: Thiel CS2.4 / ARC Ref 110 / ARC Ref 3
    Sources: Basis 2001/Graham2.2/Nagra BPS/Benz Micro Glider SL, Dynavector 20X2-L, ARC CD7, Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Cables/Power/Other: Nordost Heimdall ICs, SCs / Shunyata Hydra 8, Shunyata Python Helix PC / VPI 16.5, HRS Nimbus isolation system

Quote Originally Posted by Rayooo View Post
    Yea I've heard only of SQ improvements across the board, but nothing regarding 2XDSD or other, which I'd been hoping for.
    What are the other improvements you were hoping for?

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

MA-1 firmware update?