Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

New Oppo BDP-105D - Darbee edition

OPPO BDP-105D Blu-ray Disc Player

The BDP-105D supports DSD audio in standard rate (DSD64) or double rate (DSD128 or DSD 2x) via its new USB DAC input. If your computer can play it, the BDP-105D can convert it to analog.
    Paul

Audioshark

Re: New Oppo BDP-105D - Darbee edition

Ordered. Thanks Paul.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Is this limited to the Darbee 105 version, or is it common on the standard 103 and 105 as well?
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    Is this limited to the Darbee 105 version, or is it common on the standard 103 and 105 as well?
    Here is the link for 103D Darbee

OPPO BDP-103D Blu-ray Disc Player
    Paul

That appears to be a one box solution that meets all my needs.

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Wow, didn't expect that one so soon! ...That's excellent!

* My take on the new Darbee video processor: For only $100 as implemented in the Oppo player it easily beats the separate Darbee Visual Presence Darblet Video Enhancers and Lumagen video processors on the market.

Not everyone will benefit from it (Darbee), but it can be turned off just like that (single button push).

** Plus you also get the new USB DAC which supports DSD x2 - DSD128, for free!
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    The original 103 and 105 have a different video processor for their HDMI-1 output; it's the Marvell's Kyoto-G2H video processor (with the latest Qdeo technology).
    * And this video processor is set with a very slight amount of softness (sharpness set into the minus territory) integrated into it (undefeatable).
    And you cannot manually compensate for it by raising the sharpness control. And no firmware upgrade can fix it either. It is what it is.

The newer 103D and 105D use the new Darbee video processor (Visual Presence) with Darblet video Enhancer, for their HDMI-1 output.

And all these four BD players use the same MediaTek dual-core video processor for their HDMI-2 output.

<<<>>> No matter what, video accuracy is like audio accuracy; it is very rare indeed.
    And the Darbee video processor is no different; it's a video enhancer (a sharpness/contrast control that operates in certain parts of the moving pictures) with plus/minus effect. ...Depending on its level setting, the source (cable or satellite TV boxes, Blu-ray, DVD, VHS, Laser Disc, ...), and the quality of the display itself (CRT, plasma, LCD LED, front projector, DLP rear projector, OLED, etc.). ...Plus the display's professional calibration or not.

Simply put it is a bit similar to like adding spikes to your loudspeakers, or upgrading a pair of interconnects, or the AC power chord, or some' of that sort in relating to the audio equation.
    Works for some people more than others; the highest your picture definition is (resolution), the more noticeable the effect is (according to its inventor and the experts and most owners). If you have an OLED Ultra HD TV (4K), the Darbee video processing should shine even more.
    ...And of course you have comments that are all over the map because not two people have the same set of eyes and same display and same video control settings and same video setup and same all that jazz.

There is no absolute, just what yourself considers to be absolute. We always adopt and adapt to other's audio and video gear implementations, more or less.
    And some people build their own video and audio gear themselves. ...For personal use, and also for business purpose.
    And others buy licences from other developers. ...Like Oppo did just here with the Darbee.

But why am I telling you that Bud; I'm sure you knew that already, or most of it anyway.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Damn Bob you are the master of Video stuff
    Paul

Not just video stuff.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Hi guys

Anyone in here has problems with the 105D USB dac randomly dropping signal for just a split second? It's really getting to be annoying especially during critical listening. Please advice. Thanks much.

I had a similar situation in experiencing momentary dropouts in my system. While I did not have an Oppo in the chain, it was a digital issue. After several substitutions I found the problem to be a an incompatibility with the output cables from my DAC. Swapping them out with a different pair cleared up the problem. What was most strange is that I had been using these cables for a little while with no problem. Then I started noticing the drop-outs when the furnace would start. From there it escalated into random drop-outs. Perhaps once the electronic gremlins discovered an escape path they all started using it. Worth a try to swap out your output cables/cable from the 105 to see if it improves.
    My System
    Acoustic Revive RTP-4
    Innuos Pulsar
    Lampizator BALTIC4
    Cary SLP-05
    Pass XA30.5 or
    Line Magnetic 845ia
    Reference 3A Reflector's
    Pr SVS SB3000 Subs
    Cables & Tubes "subject to change without notification".
    Complete system on battery power/solar
    Core Audio Design Rack
    DIY bass traps and custom curved diffusors.

Quote Originally Posted by stanly.joseph View Post
    Hi guys

Anyone in here has problems with the 105D USB dac randomly dropping signal for just a split second? It's really getting to be annoying especially during critical listening. Please advice. Thanks much.
    Roma.......Are you current with all of the Oppo BDP-105D updates?
    Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital coax,
    Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable,
    Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

Quote Originally Posted by Double-D View Post
    Roma.......Are you current with all of the Oppo BDP-105D updates?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by jadedavid View Post
    I had a similar situation in experiencing momentary dropouts in my system. While I did not have an Oppo in the chain, it was a digital issue. After several substitutions I found the problem to be a an incompatibility with the output cables from my DAC. Swapping them out with a different pair cleared up the problem. What was most strange is that I had been using these cables for a little while with no problem. Then I started noticing the drop-outs when the furnace would start. From there it escalated into random drop-outs. Perhaps once the electronic gremlins discovered an escape path they all started using it. Worth a try to swap out your output cables/cable from the 105 to see if it improves.
    You mean swapping the balanced XLR cables from the Oppo into the preamp?
    Here's the thing though, when I run the USB cable from the olive 1 into the C2500, I don't get the drop outs but the C2500 has other problems of its own like randomly freezing. LOL

Yes, cables from Oppo to preamp. If you have some available to try it might just be the ticket. Do you have a pair of single ended RCA interconnects laying around? Either way it is a simple experiment. But from what you are saying, maybe the issues are with the C2500.
    My System
    Acoustic Revive RTP-4
    Innuos Pulsar
    Lampizator BALTIC4
    Cary SLP-05
    Pass XA30.5 or
    Line Magnetic 845ia
    Reference 3A Reflector's
    Pr SVS SB3000 Subs
    Cables & Tubes "subject to change without notification".
    Complete system on battery power/solar
    Core Audio Design Rack
    DIY bass traps and custom curved diffusors.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

New Oppo BDP-105D - Darbee edition