Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jeff Rowland Continuum S2 Integrated review by Roy Gregory at TheAudioBeat.com...

Jeff Rowland Design Group Continuum S2 Integrated Amplifier - The Audio Beat - www.TheAudioBeat.com

Very interesting read. This seems like quite an accomplished integrated. You can also get DAC and phono modules added as well for a true one-box solution. The majority of the review is focused on the integrated amp but he does spend a considerable time going over his impressions of the add-on modules. Highly recommended for anyone considering an integrated and even those who are not. Seems like Class D has come a long way, and, Roy Gregory gives a thoroughly positive review of a Class D amp for the first time with Continuum S2.

Some pics and a video of the CNC machining used to carve out the bodies of various JRDG products from solid aluminum billets:

Cyril
    Speakers/Amp/Preamp: Thiel CS2.4 / ARC Ref 110 / ARC Ref 3
    Sources: Basis 2001/Graham2.2/Nagra BPS/Benz Micro Glider SL, Dynavector 20X2-L, ARC CD7, Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Cables/Power/Other: Nordost Heimdall ICs, SCs / Shunyata Hydra 8, Shunyata Python Helix PC / VPI 16.5, HRS Nimbus isolation system

Re: Jeff Rowland Continuum S2 Integrated review by Roy Gregory at TheAudioBeat.com...

Jeff could not think of another name than the Aussie Turntable?
    Source: Technics SP10mk3 - Thales Simplicity II, TW Raven AC-3 - Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Lyra Etna SL, Lyra Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: Phasemation EA-1200, Accuphase C-37,TW Acustik phono
    EQ: ​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: D'Agostino HD, conrad johnson GAT,
    Amps: conrad johnson teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum S250
    Speakers: Wilson Maxx3

Re: Jeff Rowland Continuum S2 Integrated review by Roy Gregory at TheAudioBeat.com...

Shane...not sure what you're referring to here?
    Cyril
    Sources: Basis 2001/Graham2.2/Nagra BPS/Benz Micro Glider SL, Dynavector 20X2-L, ARC CD7, Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Cables/Power/Other: Nordost Heimdall ICs, SCs / Shunyata Hydra 8, Shunyata Python Helix PC / VPI 16.5, HRS Nimbus isolation system

Nice gear and article. I enjoyed the video due to being a Toolmaker / Machine Designer for 25 years in my last profession. I used to machine similar parts out of solid chunks but not for audio except for when I worked at a shop building the original Versa Dynamics Turntables.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

Anybody other than Roy heard the Continuum S2? Lars of Raidho is using this for demos, so it should be respectable.

I believe Jock (professor) owns one. Perhaps he'll chime in...

Allen

I just did a search for "reviews" on the Rowland Knowledge Base:

Jeff Rowland :: Current Product Reviews

This far, for Continuum S2, the only review listed is Roy Gregory's article on TheAudioBeat

I do not own Continuum S2, but I listened to it at RMAF 2013 several hours over the three days of the show... I was honestly impressed by the musical involvement that it generated... As much as its predecessor (Continuum 500) left me unenthusiastic because of a slight rough edge to the C500 presentation and a somewhat two-dimensionality of the stage/images, the sound of S2 was utterly delightful, particularly on the last day... By Sunday the machine had been making music for about a week or so since it emerged from the assembly floor... I wonder how a CS2 with a good 1K hours of music on it would sound.

Guido
    Electronics: Rowland Daemon 1500W Superintegrated, Rowland Aeris DAC+PSU, M925 430W monos, Esoteric X-01 transport
    Speakers: Vienna Die Muzik
    Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond XL PCs, Clear Reflection XLR ICs and speaker wires, Clear digital coax

Guido,

Useful information on the S2, thanks for sharing. Given you knowledge and first hand experience with Rowland gear how close would you rank the S2 in comparison to the 625 amp (or others) in the Rowland line?

Tim

I have had an S2 since last Monday. I am very impressed with it. It really plays music. The last time I spent anytime with Rowland gear I was not impressed. That was 10 years ago or so.

At first the S2 was a little lean but after a couple days it balanced out and if anything is a touch warm. But after 3 days - who knows how it will be next week.

It seems like a great value so far. It has the "tap your toe" music involvement.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Audioshark

Cool Jock - sounds like a great piece at its price point especially.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

I'm pretty sure this integrated was at RMAF a few months ago. I spoke with Jeff Rowland at the show. He was very excited about his new products - including this integrated. Really nice guy.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Jock...congrats! Did you get the S2 with the DAC and phono modules on board? If yes (for either or both) how would you characterize their performance?
    Cyril

Quote Originally Posted by the professor View Post
    I have had an S2 since last Monday. I am very impressed with it. It really plays music. The last time I spent anytime with Rowland gear I was not impressed. That was 10 years ago or so.

At first the S2 was a little lean but after a couple days it balanced out and if anything is a touch warm. But after 3 days - who knows how it will be next week.

It seems like a great value so far. It has the "tap your toe" music involvement.
    Jock congratulations. Keep us posted on the sound......
    Tim

Playback Designs mps-5, Nagra Classic Pre, Nagra Classic Amp, YG Carmel 2s, Signal: TaraLabs Muse, Power: Ansuz D & C, Mainz-8D, SRA Craz3 Rack.

I did get the phono board. I have no idea how it sounds. I don't have a record player. I figured I would get it because you just never know.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

I got the opportunity to audition the Jeff Rowland Continuum S2 recently and I thought very highly of it. It is quite an advance over its predecessor the C-500 which I admired for its hi-fi abilities (particularly bass control and sound-stage) but could not love because whilst it nicely joined Hi-Fi dots it lacked warmth and the ability to communicate emotional soul which is delicately woven into great music.

I read Roy Gregory’s review and I was amazed that he did not mention the greatest attribute of the Continuum S2 – the attribute which actually sets it apart from many of its rivals and makes this one of the best integrated amplifiers I’ve heard. So let me fill you in on the Gregory GAP – that attribute is blackness. The S2 provides a stunningly black backdrop for the music to reside. Partner the S2 with a quiet speaker like the Raidho C-1.1 (or better if the funds allow) and enjoy musical reproduction few systems south of $50k can provide.

Hi Tim,,

at RMAF 2013 I listened to Continuum S2 + Aeris DAC + Cardas Clear/Beyond wires driving Raidho D1 speakers in the Rowland room. The Nordost suite instead was showing M625 + Corus + Aeris driving Audio Physics speakers through Valhalla 2 wires... Both systems were wonderfully musical and resolving in their own way.

Yet, as the amps are so different -- integrated vs stereo -- and their complement of electronics, speakers, and wires largely different as well, it is difficult to isolate the effect of the amplification section from the whole.

One should rather look at the applicability of the two devices... CS2 yields obvious functional integration with its combination of integrated amp plus phono/DAC, while M625 lends itself to greater system flexibility, having amongst other things, two sets of binding posts for driving biwirable speakers, versus the single pair of output connectors of CS2.

As for an audible comparison with M825 and M925... CS2/M625 serve a fractional pricepoint from M925/M825... with predictable audible differences.

Guido
    Electronics: Rowland Daemon 1500W Superintegrated, Rowland Aeris DAC+PSU, M925 430W monos, Esoteric X-01 transport
    Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond XL PCs, Clear Reflection XLR ICs and speaker wires, Clear digital coax

Just did a comparison between the S2 after a week of burn in and the D'Agostino preamp and Dag power amps.

No the S2 isn't better. In any way really. BUT........ For $9500 vs $90,000ish. The better value hands down is the S2. I know - how can you compare the two. You can't. But it's the two systems I can easily compare. Sorry.

The S2s don't leave you wanting more. You don't feel lacking. Yes the Dags are better, but you know, I can't say I didn't get into the music any different with either. Any really, is there anything else?

My congrats to Rowland. We'll done......
    Jock

---------

Very nice, Jock. I love Rowland gear. Does the S2 have optional phono/Dac cards available?

Allen

Jeff Rowland Continuum S2 Integrated review by Roy Gregory at TheAudioBeat.com...

Yep both. Roy Gregory said the DAC was ok but that the phono was very good.
    Cyril

Yes

I haven't heard either. I have the phono but nothing to feed it.

You can have one or the other. It goes into input 1.
    Jock

---------

personally I find that if you buy the S2, you have to buy both the DAC and the phono stage, because they are brilliant... very close to world class.. specially the DAC is really great sounding.. at Raidho we have bought 2 pcs. for demos.. the S2 will for sure out compete a lot of pre-power combos

Quote Originally Posted by Raidho View Post
    personally I find that if you buy the S2, you have to buy both the DAC and the phono stage, because they are brilliant... very close to world class.. specially the DAC is really great sounding.. at Raidho we have bought 2 pcs. for demos.. the S2 will for sure out compete a lot of pre-power combos
    So the DAC is a $450 option and the phono is a $350 optional module. It's interesting your take on the DAC because Roy Gregory, while agreeing with you that it punches well above it's weight, he thinks it still lacks in certain areas. Here are some his comments on the DAC below:

The DAC option is frighteningly effective. Super quick and clean, it will sound rather thin and overly polished on first installation, but run a signal through it for a week and it soon starts to fill out and settle down. Clarity and purpose are its strong suits, performance traits that dovetail perfectly with the emphatic dynamics and solid sense of presence generated by the CEC TL 3N transport. This was a combination that performed well beyond its price point...

In absolute terms the Rowland DAC card does flatten the depth perspective and introduce an overall smoothing of textures. Even running from the CEC transport it never had the textural finesse or overall sense of spatial coherence, that sense of the air not just between but surrounding the instruments, that you get from a player like the Wadia S7i -- but then it doesn’t do the same damage to your bank balance of a player like the Wadia. The Wadia is more three-dimensional in terms of both the images and the overall acoustic, and it offers a broader and more natural range of tonal colors. But that is to rather miss the point. The S7i might well be considered a natural partner for the Continuum S2, as might Rowland’s own Aeris DAC, but both come at a heavy price. The internal DAC option offers both a viable stop-gap solution -- one that will easily outperform equivalently priced freestanding units -- or a step up in performance for a secondary source. In either role, its crisp, clean, dynamic and purposeful delivery, full of drive and energy, will make it welcome.

As well as the CEC, I found myself using the Naim UnitiServe for much of the review period. This UPnP network server solution, connected via its own S/PDIF output rather than a separate streamer, seemed like the natural partner for the no-nonsense approach of the Continuum S2. Its mellow, relaxed sound and typical Naim sense of musical pace offered the perfect source for the internal DAC’s positive sense of musical purpose. Sure, if I hooked up the dCS Vivaldi it was only too obvious what I was missing, but for general musical enjoyment and non-critical listening this iPad-driven source component/library was ideal -- and I can see the internal DAC card fitting right into this role.
    On the phono stage, he wholeheartedly agrees that eventhough it's only a $350 optional module, it's performance comes close to delivering truly high end sonics. Here are some of his comments:

It would be easy to assume that, in much the same way that the DAC is an ideal stepping stone or secondary source solution, the internal phono option is best considered a stop-gap, unlikely to satisfy those looking for the last word in vinyl replay. In practice it’s a lot better than that, offering a step up in performance over the DAC card and in many cases I suspect that it will be as much phono stage as many listeners will want and a better phono stage than they’ve ever had. In many respects that should come as no great surprise; from standalone devices like the Michell Iso onwards, simple but carefully executed IC-based phono stages have demonstrated just how capable and cost effective they can be. Shackle this one to the kind of power supply and electrical infrastructure that go with the Continuum internals and the results are exceptional given the price...

The challenge for any high-resolution phono stage is giving access to the music buried in those vinyl grooves without letting the storage medium and its shortcomings intrude. I can’t say that the Continuum S2’s phono cards are particularly kind to surface noise -- they’re too quick and extended for that -- but they do have the happy knack of reproducing clicks and pops in a completely different plane to the music...

The true vinyl devotee will probably want more facilities and more performance than the Continuum S2 phono cards deliver. Greater tonal differentiation and insight would be nice, as would switchable EQ curves -- but at what price? I compared the internal boards to several of the standalone units I have in-house and they consistently delivered a quicker, cleaner sound with far greater poise and structural clarity than the external options -- and at a lower cost too. These are no afterthought or make-weight option, but a genuinely capable vinyl replay solution. For listeners who want continued access to an existing vinyl collection, even as they transition to or reinforce a greater reliance on digital media, they’ll be a godsend -- as well as being a more than capable answer for the more dedicated vinyl listener while he waits until his bank balance recovers enough (after buying the S2 and/or a turntable, 'arm and cartridge) to afford the standalone phono stage of his dreams. Don’t overlook the Continuum S2’s phono stage on the basis of price; you could be very pleasantly surprised.
    Cyril

So you can get both optional cards at the same time for the S2 or it's either or?

Allen

Jock...said only one but I believe you can get both at same time as that's how Roy Gregory reviewed the unit with both modules on board.
    Cyril

I thought it was either or but maybe you can do both?????

Looking inside it def looks like the phono could be RCA 2 instead of RCA 1 ?????

Quote Originally Posted by socfan12 View Post
    So you can get both optional cards at the same time for the S2 or it's either or?
    Jock

---------

Quote Originally Posted by Raidho View Post
    I have to agree that the DAC card is really incredible. I am just loving my S2, and the DAC is an incredible value. I have had some really good DACs in the system, and this one easily holds its own. I think it is a no-brainer for $450, and actually makes the unit that much more special.

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum bk12! Thank you for joining!
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by bk12 View Post
    I have to agree that the DAC card is really incredible. I am just loving my S2, and the DAC is an incredible value. I have had some really good DACs in the system, and this one easily holds its own. I think it is a no-brainer for $450, and actually makes the unit that much more special.
    Welcome bk12.

Could you share some system details and in particular what speakers the S2 is driving.

Thanks!
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    Welcome bk12.

Could you share some system details and in particular what speakers the S2 is driving.

Thanks!
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I am running a set of Soundlab ESLs with the S2...and it is doing quite well. JRDG does a great preamp-and having that teamed with the DAC card and the Pascal class D modules just makes for a great integrated.

Hi again Bk12,

I could not find any specification online on what the idle power consumption is of the Jeff Rowland Continuum S2. Does the manual that comes with the unit specify? Based on my experience of the JR Continuum C-500 (the predecessor to the S2), this is one integrated amplifer you should not switch off. Do you have any comments / observations on the S2's performance cold vs. say 24 hours on?

Thank you!

Ralph
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

I didn't get an owners manual with my S2.

They have a Knowledge Base set up on their website and that sort of is the manual.

Continuum S2 Integrated
    Jock

---------

Hi Ralph, I have just requested info on Continuum S2 idle power consumption from the factory... I will post here as soon as I receive the information.

Yes, Continuum S2 can be left on, unless there is a danger of electric storms or power anomalies on the grid.

On the subject of the CS2 manual... It is not yet on the Rowland site... But I should be receiving a draft copy shortly. If anyone needs it, please send me a PM.

Saluti, GUido

Audioshark

Guido, you're the man!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoCorona View Post
    Hi Ralph, I have just requested info on Continuum S2 idle power consumption from the factory... I will post here as soon as I receive the information. [...]

Thanks so much Guido. I did search the knowledgebase and the Rowland site before asking. Odd they shipping S2's without manuals. The Continuum C-500 certainly did ship with a manual, I know this because I had one in my system for a while.

Does Jeff recommend the S2 be left on permanently? I am aware this is the case with some of the pre-amplifiers and I am further aware that if you switch off some models you are in for a very very long wait before the amplifier reaches optimal performance. Can you comment on that?

Thank you!

Ralph

Hi Ralph, the overall recommendation from Jeff is to leave all current Rowland amps including Continuum S2, linestages, and Aeris powered on continuously to optimize sonic/musical performance. He always reminds us that in case of possible power disruptions, equipment should be turned off.

The good news is that unlike the old ICEpower-based amps, the current crop of Rowland amps is also quite pleasing when just turned on... My own experience with M925 is that it continues to blossom further for about 24 hours of amplifying a signal, until it reaches complete stability.

If you leave it idling overnight, it will still sound quite good in the morning, and will achieve peak performance again in 90 to 120 minutes.

Admittedly, I am somewhat more anally retentive than some, when it comes to break-in and warm-up recommendations *grins!*

I have no direct experience with Continuum S2, but I suspect that behavior may be similar.

Guido

Hi Ralph,

It looks like this has been answered, but I can confirm that I leave mine on and it seems to suit things just fine. This thing draws very little power at idle, and it is shockingly efficient. I am powering with a PurePower unit that shows draw, and this thing barely gets over 10% usage, even when playing at high levels. I haven't tried to leave mine cold and compare the sound there-it is just so easy to leave on. I can't recommend this unit enough, truly remarkable!

Hi Ralph, I have just requested info on Continuum S2 idle power consumption from the factory... I will post here as soon as I receive the information.

Yes, Continuum S2 can be left on, unless there is a danger of electric storms or power anomalies on the grid.

On the subject of the CS2 manual... It is not yet on the Rowland site... But I should be receiving a draft copy shortly. If anyone needs it, please send me a PM.

Saluti, GUido

Greetings Guido,

Did you get a reply from Jeff on power consumption (unit on but in idle state) for the Continuum S2?

Regards
    Ralph

Hi Ralph, I just received the answer about idle power... 32W.

Guido

Hi Ralph, I just received the answer about idle power... 32W.

Guido

Many thanks Guido. No reason then to ever switch them off.

Anyone compared a Continuum S2 directly or indirectly vs a Devialet? I'm currently using a D170 with my Raidho C-1.1s and would like to give an S2 a try. Particularly interested in how the DAC option compares with the Dev (which is rather good in that respect).

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus McDufus View Post
    Anyone compared a Continuum S2 directly or indirectly vs a Devialet? I'm currently using a D170 with my Raidho C-1.1s and would like to give an S2 a try. Particularly interested in how the DAC option compares with the Dev (which is rather good in that respect).
    Indirectly I have.

I found the sonic signature (tonality) between the two very similar with advantage to the S2 in definition and depth of bass [Devialet was no slouch in this department though].

I am keenly awaiting for Mikes report on his audition of the S2. I would quite like to simplify my system and the S2 is a leading contender in the integrated amplifier department to replace my Gryphon Diablo.

Audioshark

There is a reported 1000 hour break in. But I'm excited to hear the famous combo in my home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike - do you think the S2 is a match for your Raidho D3s? It seems a little, err, asymmetric in terms of component values! It's a great recommendation if so though, and I really look forward to trying the S2 with my C-1.1s.

Audioshark

Mike - do you think the S2 is a match for your Raidho D3s? It seems a little, err, asymmetric in terms of component values! It's a great recommendation if so though, and I really look forward to trying the S2 with my C-1.1s.
    Its what Raidho uses for demos.

The S2 is very very good. It matches up great w Raidho. Today I've listened to the S2 on the X1s and D3s. Both were great!

It's a great value.
    Jock

---------

What's the msrp on the S2?

Allen

And is anyone using the on board DAC? I read a previous post that Lars from Raidho rates it.

Audioshark

And is anyone using the on board DAC? I read a previous post that Lars from Raidho rates it.
    Not me. I'm a Lumin fan.

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Mike, are you well illuminated?
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

Audioshark

I am. I just love it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team