Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Jeff Rowland Continuum S2 Integrated review by Roy Gregory at TheAudioBeat.com...

Hi Allen, Continuum S2 prices ppear to be as follows:

Continuum S2: $9500.00
    Continuum S2 with phono card: $9850.00
    Continuum S2 with DAC card: $9950.00

Saluti, GUido
    Electronics: Rowland Daemon 1500W Superintegrated, Rowland Aeris DAC+PSU, M925 430W monos, Esoteric X-01 transport
    Speakers: Vienna Die Muzik
    Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond XL PCs, Clear Reflection XLR ICs and speaker wires, Clear digital coax

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Re: Jeff Rowland Continuum S2 Integrated review by Roy Gregory at TheAudioBeat.com...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I am. I just love it.
    ...And the love we had is all we have.
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

Thanks, Guido!

Allen

Mike...when will you be receiving the S2 for demo? Are you demoing any other JRDG equipment or just the S2? Thx
    Cyril
    Speakers/Amp/Preamp: Thiel CS2.4 / ARC Ref 110 / ARC Ref 3
    Sources: Basis 2001/Graham2.2/Nagra BPS/Benz Micro Glider SL, Dynavector 20X2-L, ARC CD7, Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Cables/Power/Other: Nordost Heimdall ICs, SCs / Shunyata Hydra 8, Shunyata Python Helix PC / VPI 16.5, HRS Nimbus isolation system

Audioshark

Jeff Rowland Continuum S2 Integrated review by Roy Gregory at TheAudioBeat.co...

Quote Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
    Mike...when will you be receiving the S2 for demo? Are you demoing any other JRDG equipment or just the S2? Thx
    Cyril, it arrives Monday. Just the S2. I really want a integrated for downstairs. Stereo/preamp at most. Monos on the floor with the kids around isn't ideal. The footprint of the S2 is ideal. Spec wise it looks really good too. Ballsy power and very quick (high damping factor). Downside is the 1000 hour break in. The one I'm demoing has the phonostage. I didn't want the DAC anyway since the Lumin is my main source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

I find that the DAC in the S-2 is not only good.. It is a fantastic DAC for that kind of money.. And it could happen that it is far better than a lot of external and build in DAC's out there.. That is Michaels and mine experience.. Try it out

High praise - I will have to try it! Pity a phono stage can't be fitted alongside the DAC, but streaming takes precedence for me. At the prices quoted it makes sense to get both DAC and phono stage just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Raidho View Post
    I find that the DAC in the S-2 is not only good.. It is a fantastic DAC for that kind of money.. And it could happen that it is far better than a lot of external and build in DAC's out there.. That is Michaels and mine experience.. Try it out
    Thanks for the input Lars. When using the DAC what transport are you typically using?
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Raidho View Post
    I agree. The Capri preamp with DAC/Phono option is the alternative if you want to go separate. Capri + 525 stereoamp is actually less expensive than the S2.
    PERFECT SENSE
    www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | info@perfect-sense.se | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

Interesting Hyperion. That raises the question of what's best - the Capri S2 & 525 or Continuum S2. The Continuum looks to have the power advantage, plus you don't have to buy interconnects, and it's a one box solution which is very attractive.

I'd be very interested in the comparison to the separates also. The S2 works great w Raidho's. I've only got about 250 hrs on mine.

I got the phono board in mine.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Audioshark

Guys, you can buy both cards and swap them out as system needs change. I think the DAC is $400-500 and the phono card about $350. It's not a 2 second job, but it can be accomplished with a little effort.

And keep in mind that Roy Gregory was also smitten with the phonostage too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Oh and be sure to set the jumpers so that the display goes dark after 10 seconds or so. Roy Gregory is right - it does sound better with the display turned off.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Audioshark

Thanks Jock. I read that too. Nice feature.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus McDufus View Post
    Interesting Hyperion. That raises the question of what's best - the Capri S2 & 525 or Continuum S2. The Continuum looks to have the power advantage, plus you don't have to buy interconnects, and it's a one box solution which is very attractive.
    I haven't compared these options side by side. In the end it might be a choice inbetween convenience and flexiblity as I would expect the performance to be close.
    PERFECT SENSE
    www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | info@perfect-sense.se | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

All, the admittedly conservative 1K break-in estimate comes at least in part from me. It is based on a 3-day long exposure to Continuum S2, and is therefore somewhat conjectural and extrapolative in nature.

My general experience with break-in, including that for class D amps, is that many devices continue to develop and sweeten for the first thousand hours or so, with the first few hundred hours being potentially painful to bear. Amusingly enough, some of the newer class D amps like my Rowland M925s make easily enjoyable music within hours of "first sound"... They deliver islands of progressively higher sonic refinement quite early in the game, interspersed with correspondingly shorter and shallower performance dips. The bulk of non linear break-in seems to abate by about 700 hours, after which progress assumes asymptotic behavior. At the 1K hours boundary I thought that the highly involving sound was the product of complete breakin, but evolution actually continued very slowly until M925 grazed the 1800 hours mark.

When I listened to CS2 at RMAF 2013, I observed that its sound was opening up rapidly over the 3 days of the show, and was quite enchanting by the 3rd day. However, based on past experience, I ventured to suspect that the integrated in the Rowland suite, being relatively new off the factory floor, may still have been delivering a performance which may have not told the entire story about its full capabilities... Hence my conservative break-in conjecture for Continuum S2.

Regards, G.

Guido
    Electronics: Rowland Daemon 1500W Superintegrated, Rowland Aeris DAC+PSU, M925 430W monos, Esoteric X-01 transport
    Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond XL PCs, Clear Reflection XLR ICs and speaker wires, Clear digital coax

Hey Mike,

Next time you are talking to Rowland, complain for me about the amazingly bad/cheap remote that comes w the S2.

Hey it's a lower level product so I understand cutting costs, especially in a non-performance way, but when I asked my dealer about buying a nice remote that I assume comes their top of the line preamp, he said I couldn't buy it. Weird!
    Jock

---------

Jock, I suspect that there may be a matter of compatibility of the IR codes used by the Continuum S2 remote with the Corus remote, more than n issue of lack of availability of the Corus remote itself. You might be able to source a 3rd party programmable IR remote, and configure it to function as CS2 remote. I can inquire with the factory.

Guido

That's what I initially assumed but my dealer corrected me and they just weren't available. Something is very weird ----- obviously not a big deal or I would have called Rowland directly.

My dealer isn't what you would call - good.
    Jock

---------

Hi Jock, I will find out from the factory if Continuum S2 remote alternatives might exist.

Jeff Rowland Continuum S2 Integrated review by Roy Gregory at TheAudioBeat.com...

9500 for integrated amp??? I think their margins can afford a nice multifunction remote with a nice case. To me this is an embarrassment to say a nice remote only comes with their top of the line preamps. IMHO
    Nick
    Nick

Main system :TAD CR1 speakers, Viola Labs Symphony amp,Pass XP-20 preamp., MSB Discrete DAC with twin power supplies and V2 Renderer module, Gigafoil V4 inline ethernet filter with uptone LPS-1 power supply with Ghent audio Gotham 2.1mm to 2.5mm cable and AG diamond ethernet cable, Sonicorbitor Roon Audiophile 6 TB network server-player , MG Audio Design Planus III jumpers & speaker cables, Zitron Cobra power cords, Shunyata Hydra AV, and acoustic zen absolute copper IC,. Room treatment ASC tower traps, Vicoustic absorber premium cinema wall and ceiling panels, and MSR acoustic trifusser side wall panel

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoCorona View Post
    Hi Jock, I will find out from the factory if Continuum S2 remote alternatives might exist.
    Cool

Thanks
    Jock

---------

Quote Originally Posted by veindoc View Post
    9500 for integrated amp??? I think their margins can afford a nice multifunction remote with a nice case. To me this is an embarrassment to say a nice remote only comes with their top of the line preamps. IMHO
    Nick
    I might be just spoiled and maybe the remote isn't as bad as I think. Let's see what mike thinks when he gets his tomorrow.
    Jock

---------

Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)

With an amp that costs this much, I found it to be a joke !
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs XP32......incoming
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Kharma Elegance speaker cables
    Kharma Elegance interconnects
    REL Subs

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

It must be a high-end integrated amp. I think Joe is on the right path; Job 225.
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

Can someone post a pic of one?

I had the Synergy pre from Rowland and I wasn't crazy about the remote either. It was a nice plastic remote, but still plastic. I thought for a Rowland product they would give a nice aluminum remote. Just wondering if they changed the design over the years or not.

Allen

I was very unimpressed with the remote upon receipt of the unit...functional, but is not up to par with the rest of the piece. That being said, after using mine daily for the last number of months, I can say that I haven't thought about replacing the remote because I get instantly lost in the music. From a functional perspective, and improvement over the previous integrated unit remotes (more functions available).

From what I gathered when providing feedback on mine, I think the factory has been flooded with comments criticizing the remote, and I don't think they are going to change it. Again, after many months of ownership, I am ok with that!

All, I have discussed with the factory the CS2 remote concerns. I am happy to report that Rowland is working in earnest towards a universal solution which is expected to prove "both highly attractive and functional"

While there are no details yet, I will keep you posted as soon as further information becomes available... Please stay tuned to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by socfan12 View Post
    Can someone post a pic of one?

I had the Synergy pre from Rowland and I wasn't crazy about the remote either. It was a nice plastic remote, but still plastic. I thought for a Rowland product they would give a nice aluminum remote. Just wondering if they changed the design over the years or not.

Not 100% sure about this (I gave more attention to the sound than the remote controller) but believe the S2 comes with a plastic fantastic remote - whereas the previous version (C-500) had a more "upmarket" aluminium remote.

Photo 1: The C-500 previous remote. Beautiful.

Photo 2: The latest S2 remote? Looks ugly but offers more features?

Guido, will the C-500 remote control the new S2?
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

No, old remote doesn't control it...I tried.

No, old C500 remote is not compatible with CS2, and does not support CS2 funtion set. Furhtermore, if I remember correctly, the old remote may be a couple of decades old, and parts can no longer be sourced.

Guido

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    Not 100% sure about this (I gave more attention to the sound than the remote controller) but believe the S2 comes with a plastic fantastic remote - whereas the previous version (C-500) had a more "upmarket" aluminium remote.

Photo 1: The C-500 previous remote. Beautiful.

Photo 2: The latest S2 remote? Looks ugly but offers more features?

Guido, will the C-500 remote control the new S2?

The C-500 is the remote I had with my Synergy. It was a nice remote, but it is plastic. I thought it would be a nice aluminum one, too, but it's plastic, albeit a very high grade one.

Allen

Hi guys. This is my first post here. I enjoyed reading all your opinions about JR gear. BTW, the old remote, although definitely a looker compared to the new one was made of ebonite and tended to break pretty easily (if dropped, of course). I would like to upgrade my Jeff Rowland Concerto Integrated Amp and the PC-1 Power Factor Correction and I was seriously thinking about the new Model 525 (guess I can't put up with the dry sound anymore). I need only a power amp as my exaSound e20Mk III DAC can act as an excellent Pre as well. Now my question is this: Is the new Continuum S2 a Model 525 Power + a Capri S2 Pre? (except for the higher 'horsepower' of course....). Or to put it this way: does the power section in the S2 sound close to the Model 525 (again, except for the wattage difference). I've read a lot of good reviews about the S2 but I can't find any review of the Model 525 and I can't listen to it either. My dealer (the only one in my country) has only the big boys to show off unfortunately and I'm hurrying a little with my purchase...

BTW, I don't think the Concerto Integrated sounds that bad, especially with the PFC in aid. I find it extremely fast (more so with the Raidho's), very dynamic and pretty transparent. I can't say that from a tonal and timbral perspective you can't do better, but hey... it's damn fast, transparent and resolute. It's all about compromises especially at this price point. The Concerto's biggest problem is, I guess, the fact that the Pre section gets juice from the same ICE power modules. So I should say that the Concerto is an amazing power amp, more so if you can patch its defects with the rest of the gear and cables. My 2 cents.
    Triangle Magellan Concerto 2 < AQ Everest < Vitus Audio SS-010 Mk2 < AQ Dragon HC < AQ WEL Signature XLR < Chord Qutest w UpTone JS-2 & AQ Dragon Source < SOtM tX-USBultra w 75Ohm Master Clock Input, Paul Hynes SR5-12 Turbo XL & AQ Dragon Source < AQ Diamond USB < Aurender N-100H w AQ Dragon Source < Gryphon PowerZone w AQ NRG-Wild < Solid Tech Hybrid < Ansuz Darkz D-TC, Darkz D2, Stillpoints Ultra SS, Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer & Gold SE < Furutech FT-SWS < Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

I'm late to the party here, but I wanted to chime in and say that I'm really loving my Continuum S2. I'm using it with Harbeth Monitor 30.1s and my system has never sounded better. It has fantastic clarity and sound staging, and it's fatigue-free. It's my favorite amplifier so far, and I've been fortunate enough to have owned some nice gear over the years. Highly recommended!

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Jeff! Thank you for joining.

I had 30.1's and loved them so much, I had to go for 40.1's. Great speakers, both of them. I am sure the Rowland on them is outstanding.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

For those interested, the Continuum S2 just received a rave review from Alan Sircom at Absolute sound. Here's the link:

Jeff Rowland Design Group Continuum S2 integrated amplifier | The Absolute Sound

I absolutely love the sound of mine, and I'm officially off the upgrade merry-go-round. I never expected to like a class D amplifier, but I'm 100% sold. I just wish I was as thrilled with the looks as I am with the sound. I prefer an understated look, and Rowland gear most definitely is not understated.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffp13 View Post
    For those interested, the Continuum S2 just received a rave review from Alan Sircom at Absolute sound. Here's the link:

Jeff Rowland Design Group Continuum S2 integrated amplifier | The Absolute Sound

I absolutely love the sound of mine, and I'm officially off the upgrade merry-go-round. I never expected to like a class D amplifier, but I'm 100% sold. I just wish I was as thrilled with the looks as I am with the sound. I prefer an understated look, and Rowland gear most definitely is not understated.
    Congrats Jeff and welcome to Audioshark.

I had a S2 in my system for several months and really enjoyed it. I now understand why Raidho demo's a lot with the product.

What power modules are used?

Hi Dizzie, Continuum S2 is based on Pascal M2--Pro modules.

Guido

Guido,

Thank you. I knew I had seen the modules mentioned somewhere but I could not remember the name or find the reference.

I'd be curious how these compare to the Concentras back in the day. anyone?
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Anyone compare the Continuum S2 to any Devialet?

I have, though not in a very thorough fashion. I have a Devialet 200 and borrowed an S2. The problem was I had to borrow some speaker cables with spades and the only ones I could borrow (cheaper Transparents) were sound-wise almost the diametric opposite of what I have, and rather unsuited to my Raidhos. The result was the S2 sounded rather muddy. The Devialet is quite bright and transparent, the S2 dark. I was using the built-in DAC on the S2 which I don't think was nearly as good the Devialet DAC either.

I have owned both the S2 and the D800 and I would have to say that the Devialet was quite a bit better than the S2. Tighter bass, smoother mids and better soundstage focus and size. But then again the D800 is 3X more money. I suspect that the D200 would also be better but that is total guessing on my part.
    Jock

---------

It's hard to compare the Devialet models to the Jeff Rowland Continuum S2 as the Devialet is meant to be used as a complete system. What I can tell you though is that the Jeff Rowland Aeris (DAC) + Continuum S2 (integrated amp) is in another league compared to the D200, as they should. A more fair comparison would perhaps be the D800.

Jeff Rowland will give you a more organic, fluid, dense and slightly darker presentation to the highly detailed and very neutral Devialet.
    PERFECT SENSE
    www.perfect-sense.se

Is there a good reason manufacturers and /or writers don't list power ratings? I'll never understand why they don't. Same with prices of components.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassphile View Post
    Is there a good reason manufacturers and /or writers don't list power ratings? I'll never understand why they don't. Same with prices of components.
    Most have power ratings

"Continuum S2 integrates the new Capri S2 preamplification circuit, input/output, and control features with an innovative 400 watt power amplification stage into a single chassis."

and every Devalialet on this page has them
    https://www.devialet.com/en-us/expert-pro-audio-system/

But I agree it would be helpful to have at least the list price. I'd be happy with a Ballpark like houses, Starting in the low $10K range

I'll say it again, Jeff Rowland has had the most recognizable long term Precision Machined look and it's still gorgeous to look at as it was 30 or more years ago.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

All, this is not about the lovely Continuum S2... It's instead a teaser about Daemon, Rowland's superintegrated flagship, for which I have been busy scribbling listening notes for the last three weeks.

Fact is that I have been wondering for some
    time if my audio nirvana could ever be uber-nirvanized, as the technology of audio reproduction has continued to evolve. So, when Rowland released its
    statement integrated amplifier in the form of Daemon, I became curious. Could an integrated equal, or at least get close to my Aeris + PSU + M925 trio?
    I was long hoping to evaluate the Rowland Daemon 1500W Superintegrated amp. Could a class D integrated fulfill my yearning for sonic bliss, or would Daemon leave me pining for the wonderful music of my separates: Rowland Aeris DAC fed by the ultra-capacitor-based PSU external power supply, driving my beloved M925 monoblocks? Eventually, a Daemon review unit was delivered on February 28th. I Started break-in the following day, and have been scribbling my listening notes since… The writing project will continue for at least a few months, until the device has stabilized, and I have exercised several of its many input and output features. I have been waiting for a long time for this 99Lbs single box critter. It is Jeff Rowland’s integrated statement. The DAC + Preamp + 1500W/8 (2500W/4) dual-mono power amp in a single chassis measuring 17.5” x 15.25” x 9.5” has been sounding extremely musical since the beginning, truly great since it crossed the 150 hours break-in mark, and just about astonishing at 500 hours… And this is just half-way into the break-in process. hundred hours of break-in.

Discovering the phenomenal musical beauty that Daemon produces is being a fascinating experience… Already I am stunned by Daemon's power reserve and unreal tonal grace. Join me to chat about my adventure with this integrated flagship around its AudioShark watering-hole:

https://www.audioshark.org/showthrea...453#post297453

And, feel free to PM me with any questions about it.

Saluti, Guido

Hello All, I was long hoping to evaluate the Rowland Daemon 1500W Superintegrated amp. Could a class D integrated fulfill my yearning for sonic nirvana, or would Daemon leave me pining for the wonderful music of my separates: Rowland Aeris DAC fed by the ultra-capacitor-based PSU external power supply, driving my beloved M925 monoblocks? Eventually, a Daemon review unit was delivered on February 28th. I Started break-in the following day, and have been scribbling my listening notes since… The writing project will continue for at least a few months, until the device has stabilized, and I have exercised several of its many input and output features. I have been waiting for a long time for this 99Lbs single box critter. It is Jeff Rowland’s integrated statement. The DAC + Preamp + 1500W/8 (2500W/4) dual-mono power amp in a single chassis measuring 17.5” x 15.25” x 9.5” is sounding amazing after just a little more than a couple hundred hours of break-in.

Discovering the phenomenal musical beauty that Daemon produces is being a fascinating experience… Already I am stunned by Daemon's power reserve and unreal tonal grace. Join me to chat about my adventure with this integrated flagship around its new Audiogon watering-hole:

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussio...egrated-flagsh...

And, feel free to PM me with any questions about it.

Saluti, Guido

A new review of the Continuum S2 on Part Time Audiophile...

Jeff Rowland Design Group Continuum S2 Integrated Amplifier | REVIEW | Part-Time Audiophile
    Kevin

Main: VPI Aries 3/Grado Reference3, and Aurender N200 > PS Audio DS DAC. Luxman L-509Z integrated amp. Sonus Faber Elipsa SE speakers. PS Audio P10 power. Transparent Audio, Cardas and Audioquest cables.

Bar: EAT C-sharp/Hana MH, and exaSound s82 > Luxman L-595SE amp. GolderEar One.R speakers. Shunyata power, Audioquest cables.

Quote Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
    Shane...not sure what you're referring to here?

Hi Cyril

Continuum Audio Labs Caliburn turntable released in 2006 and Fremer's reference turntable. Surely there must be other names Rowland could have called their integrated amp.

Source: Technics SP10mk3 - Thales Simplicity II, TW Raven AC-3 - Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Lyra Etna SL, Lyra Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: Phasemation EA-1200, Accuphase C-37,TW Acustik phono
    EQ: ​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: D'Agostino HD, conrad johnson GAT,
    Amps: conrad johnson teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum S250
    Speakers: Wilson Maxx3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Jeff Rowland Continuum S2 Integrated review by Roy Gregory at TheAudioBeat.com...