Jeff Rowland Continuum S2 Integrated review by Roy Gregory at TheAudioBeat.com... - Page 10
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jeff Rowland Continuum S2 Integrated review by Roy Gregory at TheAudioBeat.com...

I'd be curious how these compare to the Concentras back in the day. anyone?
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ 47 Labs MC Bee cart, MSB Premier DAC --> Music First Baby Reference v2 --> Audio Research Ref 75SE --> DeVore Fidelity Gibbon X

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jeff Rowland Continuum S2 Integrated review by Roy Gregory at TheAudioBeat.com...

Anyone compare the Continuum S2 to any Devialet?

Post Thanks / Like

I have, though not in a very thorough fashion. I have a Devialet 200 and borrowed an S2. The problem was I had to borrow some speaker cables with spades and the only ones I could borrow (cheaper Transparents) were sound-wise almost the diametric opposite of what I have, and rather unsuited to my Raidhos. The result was the S2 sounded rather muddy. The Devialet is quite bright and transparent, the S2 dark. I was using the built-in DAC on the S2 which I don't think was nearly as good the Devialet DAC either.

4. Thanks Dizzie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have owned both the S2 and the D800 and I would have to say that the Devialet was quite a bit better than the S2. Tighter bass, smoother mids and better soundstage focus and size. But then again the D800 is 3X more money. I suspect that the D200 would also be better but that is total guessing on my part.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Lumin U1, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Gryphon Diablo 300 w DAC, Magico M2s, 2 Magico QSub15s, Shunyata Sigma IC/SC/PCs, Denali/Typhon.

Workshop: Lumin U1/BorderPatrol custom DAC, Border Patrol Pre and Power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, Magico Q15 subs, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

6. Thanks Dizzie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to compare the Devialet models to the Jeff Rowland Continuum S2 as the Devialet is meant to be used as a complete system. What I can tell you though is that the Jeff Rowland Aeris (DAC) + Continuum S2 (integrated amp) is in another league compared to the D200, as they should. A more fair comparison would perhaps be the D800.

Jeff Rowland will give you a more organic, fluid, dense and slightly darker presentation to the highly detailed and very neutral Devialet.
    PERFECT SENSE
    www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | info@perfect-sense.se | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

8. Thanks Dizzie thanked for this post
    Likes johndoe21ro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there a good reason manufacturers and /or writers don't list power ratings? I'll never understand why they don't. Same with prices of components.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassphile View Post
    Is there a good reason manufacturers and /or writers don't list power ratings? I'll never understand why they don't. Same with prices of components.
    Most have power ratings

"Continuum S2 integrates the new Capri S2 preamplification circuit, input/output, and control features with an innovative 400 watt power amplification stage into a single chassis."

and every Devalialet on this page has them
    https://www.devialet.com/en-us/expert-pro-audio-system/

But I agree it would be helpful to have at least the list price. I'd be happy with a Ballpark like houses, Starting in the low $10K range

I'll say it again, Jeff Rowland has had the most recognizable long term Precision Machined look and it's still gorgeous to look at as it was 30 or more years ago.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel 1072 CDP / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > JM Labs Tantal 509s > Tara Labs Cables

11. Likes joeinid liked this post

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10