Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any Jeff Rowland owners?

Re: Any Jeff Rowland owners?

I love the design of the new gear. Haven't had the chance to hear it though. You live in a beautiful town. I've been to L.J. many times. Wonderful place...
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Harbeth 40.2 Anniversaries.

I run the Rowland 625 power amp (latest version) which sounds superb in combination with the Audia Flight Line and Phono preamps driving Piega C10 Ltd. speakers. The 625 uses a class A/B output stage with a power factor corrected switched mode power supply.
    22.jpg

My Concentra 2 is now in a friends system, along with my Rega P9. I still get to hear them. What a great integrated! The internal phono board is excellent, too.

Quad 201 monoblocks here. I was shocked to see a post in the JR subforum...

"It's all about placement. The HPM sounds best placed face down. If the room won't allow that placing them in a room you're not in works well." -Tom Brennan

Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post
    Sexy beast!

"It's all about placement. The HPM sounds best placed face down. If the room won't allow that placing them in a room you're not in works well." -Tom Brennan

Thanks for starting this thread, Davey!

Long time owner of a Model 8TiHC amp. Superb sounding even after so many years, and responds beautifully to Shunyata Anaconda PC.

Davey, curious what the top plate and choke mods are?

Rick, Bill, great picks on JRDG gear!

Allen

Hi Davey, what an excellent idea you had to start this watering hole for Rowland owners on Audioshark!

I am proud owner of a pair of M925 monoblocks, a Criterion linestage, and -- as of two weeks ago -- of an Aeris DAC.

In the past I had M725 monos, M625 stereo (original version), M312 stereo, Model 7 monos, and Capri (original version) preamplifier.

I have started a thread here on Audioshark where I have logged my break-in experience with M925:

http://audioshark.org/amplifiers-8/e...ocks-2360.html

Saluti, Guido
    Electronics: Rowland Daemon 1500W Superintegrated, Rowland Aeris DAC+PSU, M925 430W monos, Esoteric X-01 transport
    Speakers: Vienna Die Muzik
    Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond XL PCs, Clear Reflection XLR ICs and speaker wires, Clear digital coax

At Raidho we have often used electronics from Jeff.. We have on Shows used most if his electronics with great success.. We got the " best sound on the Show " this year both at the CES on the Munich Show.. Do we love his electronics... Absolutely yes..
    Lars
    Raidho

Hi Lars, in fact at RMAF 2014 Rowland featured the new Continuum S2 integrated driving a pair of Raidho D1s using Cardas Clear Beyond speaker wires... I visited the suite several times... The music was magic.

Saluti, Guido
    Electronics: Rowland Daemon 1500W Superintegrated, Rowland Aeris DAC+PSU, M925 430W monos, Esoteric X-01 transport
    Cables: Cardas Clear Beyond XL PCs, Clear Reflection XLR ICs and speaker wires, Clear digital coax

Audioshark

The Raidho/Rowland combo at RMAF was outstanding. One of the best sounding rooms.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

I am looking forward to hearing the 625 and 925. I like Rowland amps and am happy they are making amps without the ICE power supply.

Hi Bruce, the only current Rowland amp that still uses ICEpower power conversion technoloogy is the new entry level M125 bridgeable amp, which is based on an enhanced 125ASX2 module.

The M625 midrange stereo amp is based on a class A/B circuit... The top end M825 and M925 amps have Ncore technology in the output stages, while the Continuum S2 integrated uses a Pascal module.

Interestingly, the Continuum S2 that Mike and I heard at RMAF, had less than one week of music on it, and yet it sounded great already.

Guido

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoCorona View Post
    Hi Davey, what an excellent idea you had to start this watering hole for Rowland owners on Audioshark!

I am proud owner of a pair of M925 monoblocks, a Criterion linestage, and -- as of two weeks ago -- of an Aeris DAC.

In the past I had M725 monos, M625 stereo (original version), M312 stereo, Model 7 monos, and Capri (original version) preamplifier.

I have started a thread here on Audioshark where I have logged my break-in experience with M925:

http://audioshark.org/amplifiers-8/e...ocks-2360.html

Saluti, Guido
    Guido,

I am so jealous of your Criterion pre. I would love a battery powered JR preamp...

Allen

Hi Allen, do you live in an area with particularly dirty AC? If you do, a Corus linestage with the upcoming Rowland PSU supply will give you at least the same isolation from AC grundge as batteries, but with probably better macro/microndynamics. PSU should be released soon... It is based on ultracapacitors and will deliver continuous DC to Corus and/or Aeris without requiring a recharge.

But if your power were relatively reasonable, like in Austin where I live, the SMPS in Corus or Criterion performs identically to the bateery supply... And in fact makes these devices largely invariant to upmarket power cords.

Saluti, Guido

What I really love about the new Rowland electronics is, that they all have a much more black background to the music.. much more black than most of the High-end electronics we have been using together with our speakers.. We are happy that you found the Rowland and our D-1 sounding outstanding at the RMAF Show.
    Greetings from Hanoi.. Vietnam..

Hi Bruce, the only current Rowland amp that still uses ICEpower power conversion technoloogy is the new entry level M125 bridgeable amp, which is based on an enhanced 125ASX2 module.

The M625 midrange stereo amp is based on a class A/B circuit... The top end M825 and M925 amps have Ncore technology in the output stages, while the Continuum S2 integrated uses a Pascal module.

Interestingly, the Continuum S2 that Mike and I heard at RMAF, had less than one week of music on it, and yet it sounded great already.

Guido

Greetings Guido,

Would you happen to know what the key differences are between the Continuum S2 Integrated and the earlier Continuum C-500? Cosmetically at least the product looks similar. How is the S2 an advance over the C-500?

I raise the question because several years back I auditioned (twice) and reviewed (twice) a C-500. While I admired its high fidelity abilities I felt it struggled to get music out - leaving me emotionally detached and unsatisfied. I wrote at that time that the C-500 demonstrated an almost complete absence of soul incision and/or emotional nuance in the music. Further, I also felt that the Jeff Rowland amplifier whilst delivering amazing vocal articulation did not capture the 'body' of the vocal. There was if you like a fantastic high resolution outline to vocals but no real ‘density’ to them. Density in this instance should not be confused with soundstage depth. Whilst the Jeff Rowland exhibited brilliant depth abilities, density referred to here revolves around the ‘body’ most notably of the vocal image itself.

Thanks!
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Hi Kiwi, did you review C500 or C250? The C250 lacked a PFC unit which helps to protect the ICEpower module from residual grundge and ripple... Hence C250 would sound a little sterile, somewhat like the M201 mono amplifier.

C500 did have a PFC unit, which was however different from the one found in the M312 stereo amp.... For some reason, the 312 sounded always amazingly musical, with instrumental and vocal images fully alive and fleshed out with harmonics and microdynamics (at least compared to its contemporaries), while C501 did not seem to reach the same degree of refinement, and could not yield the same emotional involvement to me... Yes, I heard them at length in the same system during the same session.... Rest of system was a Boulder CDp, Capri (original) on M312, and Vienna Die Muzik speakers. It is possible in theory that C500 may be handicapped in some way by the bank of output capacitors post power conversion module... They were designed to enhance authority and macrodynamics, but they might have been slightly detrmintal to subtlety.

Furthermore, C500 required a complete break-in of about 600 hours, before which it would sound sterile and hard.

You are correct also that the casework of Continuum S2 is based on the original C500. Internally things are entirely replaced/redesigned.... Different PFC unit, ICEpower is gone in favor of Pascal technology, different transformer coupling, and the preamplifier circuitry is that of the new Capri S2, which is very different from the original Capri.

There is a CS2 section on the Rowland Knowledge base where you will find 20 short articles with some more information:

Continuum S2 Integrated

Bottomline is that I had some reservations about the performance of the original C500, while what I heard at RMAF 2014 from Continuum S2 and the Raidho D1s -- particularly on the third day (Sunday) -- was magical.

Guido

Hi Kiwi, did you review C500 or C250? The C250 lacked a PFC unit which helps to protect the ICEpower module from residual grundge and ripple... Hence C250 would sound a little sterile, somewhat like the M201 mono amplifier.

C500 did have a PFC unit, which was however different from the one found in the M312 stereo amp.... For some reason, the 312 sounded always amazingly musical, with instrumental and vocal images fully alive and fleshed out with harmonics and microdynamics (at least compared to its contemporaries), while C501 did not seem to reach the same degree of refinement, and could not yield the same emotional involvement to me... Yes, I heard them at length in the same system during the same session.... Rest of system was a Boulder CDp, Capri (original) on M312, and Vienna Die Muzik speakers. It is possible in theory that C500 may be handicapped in some way by the bank of output capacitors post power conversion module... They were designed to enhance authority and macrodynamics, but they might have been slightly detrmintal to subtlety.

Furthermore, C500 required a complete break-in of about 600 hours, before which it would sound sterile and hard.

You are correct also that the casework of Continuum S2 is based on the original C500. Internally things are entirely replaced/redesigned.... Different PFC unit, ICEpower is gone in favor of Pascal technology, different transformer coupling, and the preamplifier circuitry is that of the new Capri S2, which is very different from the original Capri.

There is a CS2 section on the Rowland Knowledge base where you will find 20 short articles with some more information:

Continuum S2 Integrated

Bottomline is that I had some reservations about the performance of the original C500, while what I heard at RMAF 2014 from Continuum S2 and the Raidho D1s -- particularly on the third day (Sunday) -- was magical.

Guido

Thanks for the reply Guido and for the link.

I auditioned the C-500 twice. The second time it had over 500 hours on the clock and I left it on for 48 hours before the audition began. The C-500 sounded dreadful on cold start and took forever to stabilize in temperature and come on song. I believe the C-500 internally used a pair of 501’s for power amplification and the Capri for the pre-amp section and come what may, I just could not connect to the music via them. A summary of my review is reprinted below:

“SUMMARY

What do you listen for when you play your system?

Those who want their sound clean and analytical, with carved from stone bass will find the Jeff Rowland near perfect. There is no mistaking this amplifiers power, headroom, transparency and resolution with the later underpinning the amplifiers ability to demystify complexity, allowing you to see from the front to the back of the soundstage. In pure high fidelity terms the Jeff Rowland is easily the most impressive amplifier I’ve auditioned to date. In terms of speed this amplifier can turn ‘on a dime’ and deliver fresh insight into your music library that is of the – “smack you in the face, jaw dropping, how could I have not noticed that?” kind.

One question however lingered – how long would one remain impressed and satisfied by attributes of high fidelity before the ‘rose tainted glasses’ gave way to more circumspect analysis anchored around physical connection to the music itself? The problem for me was the Jeff Rowland was not involving enough. Other amps feel better nourished, more sinuous and harboured a fluidity that invited the listener in and held you there enthralled. Sure I was impressed, enthralled even; by the Jeff Rowland’s big sound with its sparkling almost directly coupled clarity. But this misses the point which is sometimes amplifiers can get so wrapped up in the means of music delivery that they forget the meaning of the message itself. Put another way the Jeff Rowland Continuum 500 scores the highest grades for innovation, technology and musical delivery but fails, at least for me, and in direct comparison to some other amplifiers here, to recreate the emotional intensity of the experience.”
    At that time the C-500 was compared with the GamuT DI-150; The Gryphon Diablo; the Plinius Hiato; AMR AM-77 and a couple of other top of the line integrateds.

While the link you provided does give some interesting technical information I am really wondering how the S2 differs sonically from the C-500? Do you have any insight on that? Not everyone was impressed at RMAF 2013

Ultra High End Audio had the following to say:

“This was one of the most disappointing rooms of the show for me. Given the praise Jonathan Valin has been lavishing on all things Raidho of late, I expected to be at least mildly impressed with the Raidho D1 standmount loudspeakers….. pairing with the brand new Continuum S2 integrated amplifier ($9800) what I heard was boomy, one note bass, an uninvolving midrange and an edgy treble. Soundstaging was imprecise….”
    This seems to be quite different from what you heard? Could we put the differences down to inadequate run-in for the Rowland? I did not the photo showed the Raidho’s parked on what looks to be marble tiles – which IMHO is a sin.

I am asking the question because I have an Esoteric Kilo Zero Three source (mounted on Nordost Sort Kones of course) and Raidho D2 speakers and looking for an integrated amp to complete the picture.

Thanks
    Ralph
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Hi Ralph, Raidho speakers need long-drawn setup, particularly in small rooms, like the 13x19 suites at RMAF. If the UHEA reviewer visited the suite on the first day, or in the morning of the 2nd day, he would have heard traces of peakiness in the treble because CS2 was still relatively underexercized, and more than some mid-bass over-resonance from D1s. The Rowland team continued to dial in the speakers until they achieved optimum setup by Sunday... having said that, D1 would enjoy a breathing space that the RMAF standard suites simply won't afford to them, hence one needs to factor in the limitations of the environment... Admittedly, A double sized suite would have yielded enhanced synergy, but on Sunday, bass pitch unspecificities were hard to detect, except for occasional traces in double-bass bowed parts of large symphonic works.

Raidho D1s were set on top of blocks of carbon. I do not know what was between them and the carpet... Sorry, I have been blind as a bat for the last three decades, and do not do pics.

Concerning the sound of a cold C500... Yes, I fully expect it to have sounded horrid... That is an unavoidable characteristic of ICEpower modules coming out from deep sleep, inside amps from any manufacturer.... They do take about two days of exercising a signal before they yield best performance... Past full breakin, that is.

If I were to make a comparison from memory between C500 and CS2, using the 2nd movement of Dvorak's new world symphony with Bernstein and the Israel Philharmonic... C500 yields an intro low brass chorus where the stage is relatively two-dimensional, and the cuivree has hints of jarriness, so do the Tympanis at the end of the first cadenzas... The double bass line in the first thematic exposition is definitely well pitched, but has a wooden and non denomoinational quality to it... Yes, orchestral instruments are "transparent", but they lack ultimate harmonic and microdynaic subtlety... There seemed to be residues of edge... And the build up to the concluding cadenza on tutti of the first thematic exposition does slide into some further jarriness and detectable treble cross-modulation.

All above defects were completely absent on the Continuum S2-based system I heard. Staging in the chorus projected in 3D... Cuivre meant that the brass resonated, not that upper harmonics fought with one another to generate the nasties.... Tympanies sounded intense and present, rather than inducing you to avert your ears.... Double was pitched starting from the fundamental, and showed harmonics and small dynamic shifts... I heard no traces of treble cross-modulation... The experience was emotionally immersive rather than clinical.

As for technical details on S2... When I receive a full briefing, I will post them... Meantime, discount what you heard from old and withdrawn C500... 'Tis a dead horse. Beyond the casing, there is no commonality with S2...

G.

Davey, I am glad that ICEpower is of your radar... It is largely off Rowland radar as well, Only the very entry level M125 is still based on ICEpower. Conversely the balance of current amp production, like M525, Continuum S2, M625, M725, M825, and M925 utilize enormously more musical power conversion technologies.

Saluti, Guido

They all use variations of Rowland's power factor corrected switched mode power supply (SMPS) design, but the 625 and 725 use class A/B output stages. The 825 and 925 use nCore class D output stages.

Hi Davey....

the output stages of M625 and M725 are based on a moderately high bias class A/B design without overall negative feedback. Conversely, M825 and M925 are even more sophisticated designs with Ncore NC1200 modules in the output stage which run in class D.

I have owned M625, M725, and now M925.... M925 are superior by several country miles... Runs wide circles around the other two.

I realize that you and so many others in our community,understandably experience digestive cramps when hearing the words "Class" and "d" strung together.... For a very good reason.... By themselves, the old ICEpower ASP and ASX series modules were quite unbearable, as exemplified by the shrieking boxes of way too many low end integrators. I have experienced only two manufacturers who have managed with a lot of work to extract emotionally involving music from ICEpower: Bel Canto -- only with REF1000M (mk.2) monos, and Rowland -- with M312 stereo... If there are any other ones, I have not heard them.

The good news is that we are now in a brand new ball game, with class D modules that bear no resemblance to the previous generation.... Hypex Ncore NC1200 designed by Bruno Putzeys, and at least some Pascal modules are far cries from those inherently rough class D creatures of old which had only hidden potential of moderte refinement... The new breed of modules appears to be an inherently hi performance starting point for amplifier designers... Even basic Ncore implementations like the Merrill Veritas monoblocks deliver musicality that is at least uncommon in amps at higher price points. See my Veritas article at:

Merrill Audio Veritas Amplifiers

Other engineers, including Bruno Putzeys himself with his own Mola-Mola Kaluga monos, as well as jeff, have instead created amplifiers that leverage the NC1200 as a springboard for their own advanced designs. M825 and M925 in particular, are, to the best of my knowledge, the most sophisticated amplifiers on the market that incorporate the stock Ncore NC1200 power conversion modules. Amongst other things, the Rowland devices, instead of including the Hypex unregulated Ncore SMPS1200/700 power supply, have implemented a multi-regulated 2500W custom SMPS prefixed by a PFC-based rectifier. As you can read in the technical information on the Rowland knowledge base,

Model 825 Stereo Amplifier

Model 925 Mono Amplifier

Ncore technology is but a small part of the M825 and M925 design. This is reflected by the sonic difference with the delightful Merrill Veritas -- a difference that is congruent with the respective pricepoints.

If you ever get the audiophilic itch to listen to the new Rowlands, Matt Aikawa is the dealer in California... He has considerable experience with the new series, and might be able to arrange a listen:

Matt Aikawa
    Moraga, CA
    Tel: 1 510 206-1766
    nyatt@yahoo.com

Saluti, G.

First we have this:

Quote Originally Posted by daveyf View Post
    Like you, I have the utmost regard for all of Jeff's products. I believe that they are ALL classics in their own right and will hold a very well deserved place in the history of audio.
    And then we have this statement:

Guido, I for one, cannot quite understand why Jeff has so much love for the ICE power modules. Of all his products, I feel that the ICE based ones are the worst. Frankly, when I see that an amp has ICE modules, it is no longer on my radar, period. I'm sure this could change, BUT for the here and now, it's totally the case.
    How do you reconcile these two statements?

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

He was referring to the ICE power modules; for which he is not particularly fond of. ...But he has high regards for all other Jeff's products.

Me, I know nothing, only that all the reviews I've read of amplifiers (receivers) using Class D power, are not my cup of soup either.
    But then, I didn't read (even less heard) all the reviews and amplifiers out there using the ICE (Class D) power module designs.

* Words are words, but there is a line of thought behind them, a context that we understand and that goes above them simple words.
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

Davey, to me he comes up as someone who's stalking you and a troublemaker.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Audioshark

Let's keep things on track here. Someone can respect someone, but also query their use of ICE in their earlier work.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

[11111

Davey, your sentiment of JRDG matches mine as well. I love their classic looks and the house sound they try to achieve in all of their products. But I also call into question their use of some technologies they've used, and it's not limited to just amplifier modules.

Davey, have you had your Model 8 serviced yet, i.e., recapped?

Allen

Based on what I felt to be two very conflicting statements, I thought it was a valid question to ask. If everyone doesn't think there was a conflict between the two statements, I stand corrected.

Oh wow guys... I just left for a few hours and beer-bottles's gone aflyin' already?!

Davey, your skepticism is quite understandable... And I do respect your apriori preference for the tubier side of audiolife. Unfortunately at shows it is very difficult to find any suite that reflects the true potential of the gear shown... Acoustics is bizarre, the gear is just off the factory floor, synergy with ancillary equipment is often a case of wishful thinking.

If you ever visit Austin, drop me a line.... I will be happy to let you hear a well broken-in M925 under good field conditions... Bring along your own CDs / SACDs of course... Sorry no computer audio.... I am a veritable digital audiodino... If in the end you still find M925 to be an undigestable cup of class D musical tea, that will be perfectly fine with me...

Mike and all.... If you ever visit Austin, do come and visit as well!

Saluti, G.

I did see and hear the 825s at RMAF. The Joseph Audio room with the Pearl 3s and the 825 was very musical. One of my top 10 rooms at the fest.

Also, I spent some time talking with Jeff Rowland. Really good guy.

I considered the 725s and the 825 for my Revel Salon 2s. Jeff uses the Salons in his shop. So this is a great match.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Based on Guido's earlier comments I will try to audition one of Jeff's new Continuum S2 integrateds. While I did not get on with the earlier Continuum C-500 integrated, technology continues to advance and class D has moved beyond fit for use as a sub-woofer amplifier only IMHO.

Nonetheless, I still think it is fair to say that the majority of audiophiles have greater confidence in class A / AB bias for amplification.

Hi Mike Ritmo, if your priority is ultimate authority and musical refinement, M825 is the ticket... But if monoblocks fit your system layout better, M725 is still a very fine amp.

Saluti, Guido

Look at Mike's post above.

We are all still waiting for you to answer what is the true motivation of your original question...
    I think my last response explained it quite clearly. I'm ready to move on.

ICE Power modules (Class D audio amplifiers) used now by several amplifier's manufacturers, including high-end Anthem audio manufacturer (Anthem Statement M1 - monoblock power amplifier), are B&O's development babies.

This is strictly as pure info from B&O's own company's website, and nothing more to do with some of JR's amps than any related implementation that it has, or not: ICEpower ? Class D audio amplifiers ? Our History

And some additional information which some members might find educational: Attack of the Clone Amplifiers | Audioholics

- The Anthem (ex Sonic Frontiers) Statement M1 ($7,000/pair) is a Class-D amplifier.

- The Mark Levinson No.53 Reference (monoblock amp - $50,000/pair) is a Class-I (IPT - Interleaved Power Technology) amplifier.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Hi Davey, I thank you for the kind invite... If everything goes according to my evil skeemings, I might be able to travel to San Diego to present a paper at a conference in Mid March... In which case I accept and look very much forward... It will be my first opportunity of listening to the legendary M8!

Concerning current cabling adventures... I am working on some absolutely fascinating review projects... Hence my public silence on the subject. Unless I suffer from a sudden attack of Procrastinitis Furiosa, I will post an article on a complete loom of [redacted] by the end of February at the latest.

Saluti, G.

Hi Ralph (Kiwi), if you audition Continuum S2, do give it enough time in your system.... I am talking about several hundred hours of handling audio signals. Dealers are way too quick to declare that their gear is fully broken in. I have not tried CS2 in my system, but I suspect that 800 hours of break-in may not be an overestimate.

G.

Hi Davey, 'tis a deal! Guido

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Any Jeff Rowland owners?