Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Accuphase P-6100 amp

Quote Originally Posted by Audioseduction View Post
    Mark, why would you go from 600 WPC to 110 WPC? Was your Classe monos way over kill in power for your Salon 2s?
    Actually, I've heard Mark's system with the Classe amps and it sounds terrific. It bested the ARC DS450 amp. The P-6100 must be a heck of an amp.

The Salons are power hungry. The more the better although quality matters as well.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Accuphase P-6100 amp

Apdoc2004

May I ask what you wanted to talk to Arturo about? Why would he say he is not talking about the Accuphase products.The Accuphase and Soulution brands are his babies. I cannot imagine him not willing to talk to anyone who calls about either brand. He is a very well respected man in the industry. As far as pricing goes who knows what he has to pay to have the brand imported to the US. Accuphase may charge a premium just for the voltage change. Accuphase is priced competitively with any of the high end brands. Dagostino, Krell, Pass Labs, Burmester just to name a few. The price is definitely justified by the build quality and performance. Now if you called to discuss why the US pricing is more than anywhere else, then frankly I would say its none of your business. Is Pass Labs questioned about charging 80k for a US made product? Probably not and Accuphase is definitely on par with Pass Labs. If you seek knowledge about an Accuphase product try a local dealer to start with. That is why manufactures have dealers to better serve the consumer. Sorry if I'm being rude but honestly I'm sick of hearing about Accuphase costing more over here by people that don't know. I'm sure Arturo is making the same margins as any other distributor.
    Design Audio Video is a dealer for:

Electronics:
    Accuphase, Constellation, Pass Labs, McIntosh, Krell, Bryston, Devialet, Mark Levinson, EAR, T+A, Octave

Speakers:
    Raidho, Focal, Revel, Dynaudio, JBL, Sonus Faber

Cables:
    Tara Labs, Shunyata, Nordost, Straightwire, Ansuz, Transparent

Accessories:
    Stillpoints, Quadraspire, Shelter, Transrotor

Audioshark

Well said David. After reviewing Accuphase products, I feel they represent a fair market value, often exceeding products costing much more. And their build quality is unrivaled.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Accuphase pricing is absolutely in line w other high end manufacturers.

For example. The P-6100 sound quality is on par with the Dagostino stereo amp. And is actually $3,500 cheaper. The two have different sound qualities. But both are in the same league. Build quality are both extraordinary. Two totally different styles.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

David,
    I was going to put a stop to this issue but am compelled to post a reply to your rude post. Since you have decided to change the tone of this coversation, I will follow suit. I posted my experience about calling the Accuphase distributor. As to why he would not come to the phone to answer some simple questions from a potential customer, why don't you call him and ask him that question? If you find out the answer, do let me know as I am as mystified by this as you are! Maybe he was having a bad day, but then he never answered my e-mail either. He may be a well respected man in the industry but my experience left me very disappointed.
    Read my initial post carefully before shooting your mouth off--I never complained about the high price of Accuphase products. All I said was that their margins for selling Accuphase products in the US were much greater compared to Luxman. I also said that this is the distributor's prerogative. If this strategy has been working well for him, more power to him. I was prepared to buy an Accuphase amp inspite of the high prices.
    I called Arturo to ask him about the difference between the Class A & Class AB Accuphase integrateds since I have received conflicting information about their ability to drive my speakers (Dynaudio Sapphire). I only did this after talking to 3-4 dealers (none of whom had much experience with the amps or the speaker in question). I do not see what is wrong with calling Arturo. If he has his contact phone number listed on the website, I would assume that he does not mind receiving calls from customers. In any case, why I call Arturo is none of your business.

Accuphase P-6100 amp

Ok, sorry if I was rude.its just I'm not used to hearing negative talk about people on this forum. You did it with your first post. Sorry everyone for speaking out when I should keep my mouth shut.
    Design Audio Video is a dealer for:

Electronics:
    Accuphase, Constellation, Pass Labs, McIntosh, Krell, Bryston, Devialet, Mark Levinson, EAR, T+A, Octave

Speakers:
    Raidho, Focal, Revel, Dynaudio, JBL, Sonus Faber

Cables:
    Tara Labs, Shunyata, Nordost, Straightwire, Ansuz, Transparent

Accessories:
    Stillpoints, Quadraspire, Shelter, Transrotor

Audioshark

David, I never want you to keep your mouth shut. I value your views and opinions.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)

Accuphase P-6100 amp

We will not tolerate any personal attacks on this site. You have opened yourself to be warned for your behavior. Your very first post showed that. Please follow our rules.

Thank you
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs XP32......incoming
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Kharma Elegance speaker cables
    Kharma Elegance interconnects
    REL Subs

Quote Originally Posted by baskinshaw View Post
    Ok, sorry if I was rude.its just I'm not used to hearing negative talk about people on this forum. You did it with your first post. Sorry everyone for speaking out when I should keep my mouth shut.
    Please don't refrain from posting David. I love your posts. They are intelligent, thoughtful, and spoken from the heart. Keep it coming good sir!!

Allen

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by the professor View Post
    $25,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Penthouse-D View Post
    Thanks. That's a fair amount of cash for a stereo amp. Lots of choices in that price range. You wonder how much of that is import duty. Always loved the quality of Accuphase and Furutech for that matter. The Japanese make fine gear….
    Quote Originally Posted by Anatta View Post
    The Accuphase pricing outside Japan is horrible. In Japan the MSRP of the P-6100 is Yen 945.000 (US$9.3k).

The MSRP of A-200 is Yen 2.625.000/pair (US$26k) vs US$69k in US.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdoc2004 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    This is my first post on audioshark. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all the wonderful posts on this forum. As much as I love Accuphase gear for its build quality and the drop dead gorgeous looks, I cannot understand the US pricing. It cannot just be the import duty as the price differential between Luxman gear sold in the US and its price in Japan is significantly less. I think that the US importer for Accuphase, Axiss Audio, wants a much higher profit margin than the Luxman importer (On a Higher Note). At a business level, I have no problem with that as this strategy is Axiss Audio's prerogative and obviously has worked well for them. But just as an aside, I had called both distributors to discuss their Class A integrateds--Philip O' Hanlon (On a Higher Note) talked to me on the phone for nearly 30 minutes explaining the fine differences between Luxman's integrated offerings--he is a real class act. On the other hand, Mr. Arturo Manzano at Axiss Audio flatly refused to take my call (asking his receptionist to tell me bluntly that he had nothing to say about Accuphase products!).
    Thank you for the nice welcome guys--I hope to learn from everybody's collective experiences and possibly contribute to the discussion whenever I can.
    Anshul
    Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    Not sure if that will make you feel any better, but in Europe Accuphase gear is also very expensive (compared to Japaneese prices).
    I've never had first hand experience but I had always heard that Arturo was always helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    He's terrific. When I read this, I was in shock. I know in David's opinion, he sets the benchmark for all distributors.
    Hi Jock & Mike,
    That was my impression too (from what I had read about him). I was taken aback when the lady (who picked up the phone) got back to me (after checking with him) and said in plain simple language--"He does not have anything to say about Accuphase integrated amplifiers--your dealer should answer your questions". I told her that my local dealer just lists Accuphase as one of his lines but does not have any actual experience with the integrated amplifier, but her response was the same. I repeated my request but got the same response. She did not ask for my phone number so that he could call me back at a time convenient to him. I followed this phone conversation with an e-mail which was very specific in what I wanted to find out. To my disappointment, there has been no reply (the e-mail was sent ~ 10 days ago).
    The point I am making is that when you are trying to sell a premium priced product, you should be prepared to talk to a potential customer for ~ 5 minutes. Based upon this experience, I concluded that Arturo does not feel the same way or care--hence, he lost out on a customer.
    Anshul
    Quote Originally Posted by Penthouse-D View Post
    $9300 to $25K. That's a lot of "fluff" for someone....
    Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    +1.

A fellow audiophile from Polish hifi forum had once called Burmester headquaters in Germany with some specific questions about their gear. 1h later, Dieter Burmester himself had called him back. He ended up getting a pair of 911 monos and 077 pre with PSU ...

The guy obviously knows how to treat his (prospective) customers.
    Adam--Thank you for supporting the point that I am trying to make. Going above & beyond in your customer service never hurt anyone.
    Mike--On a theoretical level, I agree with you. However, I also feel that if you are passionate about the brands you represent as a distributor, you should be willing to have a brief converation with a potential buyer. As you well know, the scarcity of Accuphase products in dealer showrooms makes it very difficult to get a decent audition. That was my main reason in reaching out to the distributor.
    Kudos to Dieter Burmester for calling the customer himself. I have had multiple pleasant and extremely informative communications with the actual owners/designers of products (Resolution audio, Aerial acoustics, PS Audio, Audience, Acoustic Zen, Wyred4Sound etc.). Each time I ended up buying a product from their lineups. Not once was I told to talk to my dealer.
    Anshul
    I agree that it is almost inexcusable. If that's how you are treated before you buy then if/when you have problems you don't have a chance.

I also know in business that sometimes things happen that are just not the way it normally is.

With all of the positive things I've heard I'm hoping this is the case. But your experience is absolutely in the back of my mind just like all the positive info I've heard.

Thanks for sharing.
    I've reread three times this thread, and not once did I find a single word that wasn't appropriate.
    Everybody is extremely polite and giving. There was simply differing opinions based on different experiences, and that is all.
    {I didn't quote the rest because it's right there above my post.}

Sorry, I just had to share my viewpoint. .... Happy Thanksgiving!
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

Super Moderator

+1

I whole heartedly agree. I sincerely appreciate your perspective and wealth of information. You get to play with the gear most of us only dream about. That kind of experience is priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by socfan12 View Post
    Please don't refrain from posting David. I love your posts. They are intelligent, thoughtful, and spoken from the heart. Keep it coming good sir!!
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Audioshark

Ok, let's get this thread back on track! Accuphase 6100 reviews!

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Right on right on right on!

Not too expensive?
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

I couldn't help offering another perspective on Arturo.

I contacted him early this year with some questions on Soulution products and found him to be extremely nice, accommodating and very helpful. My dealer was excellent, as you would hope, but Arturo had more first hand experience with the whole product line, and he was kind enough to share his honest appraisals.

Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by VT Skier View Post
    I couldn't help offering another perspective on Arturo.

I contacted him early this year with some questions on Soulution products and found him to be extremely nice, accommodating and very helpful. My dealer was excellent, as you would hope, but Arturo had more first hand experience with the whole product line, and he was kind enough to share his honest appraisals.

Just my two cents.
    My experience exactly !
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    REL Subs

Regarding the high US prices of Accuphase, it is, to put it gently, a head scratcher. I don't blame some people here for being unwilling to pay these high prices. So therefore, you can easily import the units from Japan yourselves from the many Japanese dealers who offer this service, and rewire the units. I know how to do this, so no problem. Alternatively, you can run the units through transformers, but this is said to degrade the sound. Anyway, keep all options open, and go from there. Of course, there will be no warranty, and if you need service, you'll either have to diy, or take it to an independent tech as the authorized Accuphase service center won't touch it.

Dave, this forum is not in favor of Black Market audio gear. We are here to help our members with information from dealers,distributors, and manufacturers. I fully understand that a few people would like to buy gear the way you're talking about,and they know how to do it without anyone promoting it here.

Thanks.
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    REL Subs

Quote Originally Posted by MDP View Post
    Dave, this forum is not in favor of Black Market audio gear. We are here to help our members with information from dealers,distributors, and manufacturers. I fully understand that a few people would like to buy gear the way you're talking about,and they know how to do it without anyone promoting it here.

Thanks.
    Ok, no worries. I understand. My apologies if I offended anyone.

Everything's cool !!
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    REL Subs

Quote Originally Posted by MDP View Post
    Everything's cool !!
    Thank you, sir.

Audioshark

Well said Mark, thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Accuphase P-6100 amp