Nice for $350!
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Thread: Nice for $350!

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Nice for $350!

Speakers: Klipsch kg4 ~$225 on eBay or craigslist, 94db

Amp: Sonic impact T digital amp (now Dayton, at parts express) $30 when I bought it, now $45 new, 15w

Source: Oppo 971 I had around, $70 used? Or your iPod/mp3

Cables: whatever is around, but you do need an adapter to go from stereo RCA to the mini jack on the amp if you are using the Oppo or similar.

I have this in my exercise room it is punchy, loud and sounds great! Plus it will give you a taste of DIY if you feel like upgrading the Klipsch crossovers or tweeters as I did. I'll be sending this system off to college with my son, and with the battery powered amp and his iPhone he can have great off-the-grid, (somewhat mobile) sound (for all those parties he won't be attending ;-))
    Ron

*Leben CS300xs, Elekit TU-8600 and TU-8200, Line Magnetic 211ia, Metrum Onyx DAC, Metrum Baby Ambre Roon endpoint, Roon, Tidal, VPI Scout SE, Graham Slee Reflex Gold; DeVore Gibbon The Nines; audience, auditorium, Zu, audioquest, shunyata cabling*

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this what you were telling me about at the show? Pretty cool!

Allen

Speakers: Magico S7
    Amp: CH Precision A1
    Preamp: Trinity Preamp
    Phono: Trinity Phono
    TT: Kronos Sparta, Helena arm, Airtight PC-1
    Cables: Various: Nordost, Shunyata, Unity Audio, Ansuz

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Allen yes this is the one, which I used to practice soldering on when I redid the crossovers. A lot of fun! I play it fairly loudly when I'm using the trainer in the AM, to distract me from the pain. What speakers are you auditioning?
    Ron

*Leben CS300xs, Elekit TU-8600 and TU-8200, Line Magnetic 211ia, Metrum Onyx DAC, Metrum Baby Ambre Roon endpoint, Roon, Tidal, VPI Scout SE, Graham Slee Reflex Gold; DeVore Gibbon The Nines; audience, auditorium, Zu, audioquest, shunyata cabling*

Post Thanks / Like
    Hehe, the Magicos S5. Darrin (Dpod4 - see his recent reviews) and Joe made me do it.

Allen

Speakers: Magico S7
    Amp: CH Precision A1
    Preamp: Trinity Preamp
    Phono: Trinity Phono
    TT: Kronos Sparta, Helena arm, Airtight PC-1
    Cables: Various: Nordost, Shunyata, Unity Audio, Ansuz

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by socfan12 View Post
    Hehe, the Magicos S5. Darrin (Dpod4 - see his recent reviews) and Joe made me do it.
    Guilty
    Joe

Misho Myronov Wooden Amp and Wooden preamp, AkitikA GT-102 power amplifier, Valvet E2, Avantgarde Duo XD, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job INTegrated, Job 250 Monos, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini, McIntosh MCLK12, Conrad Johnson GAT2, Pass Labs XA25.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nice for $350!

"The Thrifty Audiophile" needs more action , and I only need 1 more post before I can pm my friend that joined with me!

Love the Klipsch speakers and definitely belongs in this forum.

I am running Klipsch kg 1.5's in my shop (upgraded woofers/x-overs) hanging from the ceiling, with factory internal anchors, upside down (tweeter on the bottom) 5 degree angled down, with a small Yammy servo sub (I have a few, but too much boom), Rotel CDP, Atoll pre, and modded B&K 140w amp, and could not be happier!
    Nordost flatline speaker cables, the rest are DIY.

These 2nd and 3rd systems can be the most fun sometimes!
    Last edited by Twisted; May 8, 2013 at 07:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Double post, sorry......
    Last edited by Twisted; May 8, 2013 at 07:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice
    Last edited by godfatherpc; December 22, 2018 at 03:36 AM. Reason: wrong place

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I agree. We need more Thrifty Audiophile participation. Maybe not this thrifty.
    Marty
    Main system: SGC sonicTransporter I7, microRendu,Terminator DAC, Hattor active preamp, Nord B&O 1200as mono amps, Von Schweikert VR5 Anniversary MKII, JPS Labs, Furutech cabling and connectors, PS Audio P15
    Office System: Linn LP12, Aurender N100H, Audio Research LS27, Oppo Sonica, Nord NC500, KEF R500