Nice for $350!
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Thread: Nice for $350!

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Nice for $350!

Speakers: Klipsch kg4 ~$225 on eBay or craigslist, 94db

Amp: Sonic impact T digital amp (now Dayton, at parts express) $30 when I bought it, now $45 new, 15w

Source: Oppo 971 I had around, $70 used? Or your iPod/mp3

Cables: whatever is around, but you do need an adapter to go from stereo RCA to the mini jack on the amp if you are using the Oppo or similar.

I have this in my exercise room it is punchy, loud and sounds great! Plus it will give you a taste of DIY if you feel like upgrading the Klipsch crossovers or tweeters as I did. I'll be sending this system off to college with my son, and with the battery powered amp and his iPhone he can have great off-the-grid, (somewhat mobile) sound (for all those parties he won't be attending ;-))
    Ron

*Leben CS300xs, Elekit TU-8600 and TU-8200, Line Magnetic 211ia, Metrum Onyx DAC, Metrum Baby Ambre Roon endpoint, Roon, Tidal, VPI Scout SE, Graham Slee Reflex Gold; DeVore Gibbon The Nines; audience, auditorium, Zu, audioquest, shunyata cabling*

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this what you were telling me about at the show? Pretty cool!

Allen

Speakers: Magico S7
    Amp: CH Precision A1
    Preamp: Trinity Preamp
    Phono: Trinity Phono
    TT: Kronos Sparta, Helena arm, Airtight PC-1
    Cables: Various: Nordost, Shunyata, Unity Audio, Ansuz

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Allen yes this is the one, which I used to practice soldering on when I redid the crossovers. A lot of fun! I play it fairly loudly when I'm using the trainer in the AM, to distract me from the pain. What speakers are you auditioning?
    Ron

*Leben CS300xs, Elekit TU-8600 and TU-8200, Line Magnetic 211ia, Metrum Onyx DAC, Metrum Baby Ambre Roon endpoint, Roon, Tidal, VPI Scout SE, Graham Slee Reflex Gold; DeVore Gibbon The Nines; audience, auditorium, Zu, audioquest, shunyata cabling*

Post Thanks / Like
    Hehe, the Magicos S5. Darrin (Dpod4 - see his recent reviews) and Joe made me do it.

Allen

Speakers: Magico S7
    Amp: CH Precision A1
    Preamp: Trinity Preamp
    Phono: Trinity Phono
    TT: Kronos Sparta, Helena arm, Airtight PC-1
    Cables: Various: Nordost, Shunyata, Unity Audio, Ansuz

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by socfan12 View Post
    Hehe, the Magicos S5. Darrin (Dpod4 - see his recent reviews) and Joe made me do it.
    Guilty
    Joe

Valvet E2, Avantgarde Duo XD, MC303, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Pass XA25, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2,
    McIntosh MCLK12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nice for $350!

"The Thrifty Audiophile" needs more action , and I only need 1 more post before I can pm my friend that joined with me!

Love the Klipsch speakers and definitely belongs in this forum.

I am running Klipsch kg 1.5's in my shop (upgraded woofers/x-overs) hanging from the ceiling, with factory internal anchors, upside down (tweeter on the bottom) 5 degree angled down, with a small Yammy servo sub (I have a few, but too much boom), Rotel CDP, Atoll pre, and modded B&K 140w amp, and could not be happier!
    Nordost flatline speaker cables, the rest are DIY.

These 2nd and 3rd systems can be the most fun sometimes!
    Last edited by Twisted; May 8, 2013 at 07:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Double post, sorry......
    Last edited by Twisted; May 8, 2013 at 07:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice
    Last edited by godfatherpc; December 22, 2018 at 03:36 AM. Reason: wrong place

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I agree. We need more Thrifty Audiophile participation. Maybe not this thrifty.
    Marty
    Main system: SGC sonicTransporter I7, microRendu,Terminator DAC, Hattor active preamp, Nord B&O 1200as mono amps, Von Schweikert VR5 Anniversary MKII, JPS Labs, Furutech cabling and connectors, PS Audio P15
    Office System: Linn LP12, Aurender N100H, Audio Research LS27, Oppo Sonica, Nord NC500, KEF R500