Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Thread: Nice for $350!

Unhappy Nice for $350!

Speakers: Klipsch kg4 ~$225 on eBay or craigslist, 94db

Amp: Sonic impact T digital amp (now Dayton, at parts express) $30 when I bought it, now $45 new, 15w

Source: Oppo 971 I had around, $70 used? Or your iPod/mp3

Cables: whatever is around, but you do need an adapter to go from stereo RCA to the mini jack on the amp if you are using the Oppo or similar.

I have this in my exercise room it is punchy, loud and sounds great! Plus it will give you a taste of DIY if you feel like upgrading the Klipsch crossovers or tweeters as I did. I'll be sending this system off to college with my son, and with the battery powered amp and his iPhone he can have great off-the-grid, (somewhat mobile) sound (for all those parties he won't be attending ;-))
    Ron

Amplification: Sugden Signature A21SE integrated amp, LUMIN M1
    Digital Source: Sonictransporter i5 Roon core, Metrum Ambre streamer, Sonnet Morpheus DAC
    Analog Source: Clearaudio Concept Wood with Satisfy tonearm, nagaoka mp-200 cart, Graham Slee Reflex Gold phono pre
    Speakers: Revival Audio Atalante 3, DeVore 3XL
    Cabling/power: Auditorium speaker, Audience RCA, Audioquest Niagara, Shunyata, Audience PCs

Is this what you were telling me about at the show? Pretty cool!

Allen

Hey Allen yes this is the one, which I used to practice soldering on when I redid the crossovers. A lot of fun! I play it fairly loudly when I'm using the trainer in the AM, to distract me from the pain. What speakers are you auditioning?
    Ron

Amplification: Sugden Signature A21SE integrated amp, LUMIN M1
    Digital Source: Sonictransporter i5 Roon core, Metrum Ambre streamer, Sonnet Morpheus DAC
    Analog Source: Clearaudio Concept Wood with Satisfy tonearm, nagaoka mp-200 cart, Graham Slee Reflex Gold phono pre
    Speakers: Revival Audio Atalante 3, DeVore 3XL
    Cabling/power: Auditorium speaker, Audience RCA, Audioquest Niagara, Shunyata, Audience PCs

Hehe, the Magicos S5. Darrin (Dpod4 - see his recent reviews) and Joe made me do it.

Allen

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by socfan12 View Post
    Hehe, the Magicos S5. Darrin (Dpod4 - see his recent reviews) and Joe made me do it.
    Guilty
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Re: Nice for $350!

"The Thrifty Audiophile" needs more action , and I only need 1 more post before I can pm my friend that joined with me!

Love the Klipsch speakers and definitely belongs in this forum.

I am running Klipsch kg 1.5's in my shop (upgraded woofers/x-overs) hanging from the ceiling, with factory internal anchors, upside down (tweeter on the bottom) 5 degree angled down, with a small Yammy servo sub (I have a few, but too much boom), Rotel CDP, Atoll pre, and modded B&K 140w amp, and could not be happier!
    Nordost flatline speaker cables, the rest are DIY.

These 2nd and 3rd systems can be the most fun sometimes!
    Last edited by Twisted; May 8, 2013 at 07:38 PM.

Double post, sorry......
    Last edited by Twisted; May 8, 2013 at 07:36 PM.

Very nice
    Last edited by godfatherpc; December 22, 2018 at 04:36 AM. Reason: wrong place

Yes I agree. We need more Thrifty Audiophile participation. Maybe not this thrifty.
    Marty

Aurender N20 / SonicTransporter i7 / Roon
    MSB Premier
    Constellation Inspiration Preamp 1.0 / Mono 1.0
    Dynaudio Confidence 50 / SVS SB13 Ultra
    PS Audio Powerplant 15

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Nice for 0!