Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
    My experience has been that V2 is one step up from V1 (C2 better than D1). but more importantly, replacing my MainzD8 with the Mainz DTC has allowed me to get away with lower quality PC's upstream. As an example, I've replaced 2 DTC PC's with C2's and rather than buy more C2's I'm using $400 LFD PC's on my Aurender N10 and Chord BLU2. I can say that my experience is the same as others concerning the Mainz DTC.

I did keep a DTC PC between the wall and the Mainz DTC which is important.
    My experience is the A2 is better than the D1. I will also say that OUR Ansuz dealer doesn't agree with me but agrees with you.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    My experience is the A2 is better than the D1. I will also say that OUR Ansuz dealer doesn't agree with me but agrees with you.
    It's been a while since I owned a D1 PC. I was tempted to say the C2 was better but wasn't sure. What I am sure about is that the Mainz DTC improves everything upstream. I don't think I could get away with the serious downsizing I'm doing right now w/o it.
    Bud<br>

AAVIK: S-280 Streamer, D-280 DAC, I-280 Integrated Amplifier]
    NAIM: Atom HE Headphone Amp, Superlumina Speaker Cables, Power Cables
    HARBETH: 30.2 40th Anniversary Speakers
    FOCAL:: Utopia Headphones
    ANSUZ: C2 Power Cable, A2 Power Distributor, D2 Ethernet Cables, D2 PowerSwitch, D2 Interconnect
    NORDOST: Heimdall 2 Ethernet and Power Cables
    QUADRASPIRE: SVT Equipment Stand
    SKYLAN: Speaker Stands
    UPTONE:Linear Power Supply
    DANACABLE:: Headphone cables

Mainz8 D-TC gave me the biggest jump and it addressed all cables in one sweep. Would look there first before going on V2 Mainz cables

Mike
    Main system: Aavik Acoustics U-300, TechDAS AF V Premium + Kuzma 4P11" Gemstone/Kondo silver + Ortofon Diamond, Naim streamer SSD + TAD DA-1000 DAC, Sonus Faber Stradivari 35 Anniversary, full cable loom Ansuz Acoustics, D on signal side, Mainz DTC/D2 + Mainz8 D-TC power distributor. All individual equipment and cables rest on Ansuz Acoustics Darkz DTC. Dedicated mains supply (Audience Conductor) with Klangmodule fuse system and Furutech receptacles. Other systems: Collection of Sonus Faber classics (Franco S design), tube gear and transistor designs, CD-transports and players, turntables and collection of cables

As I hade to rearrange my system I needed longer cables (Mainz) and re-dressed with C2 Mainz on all equipm and D2 from wall to box. In my system C2 is way better than A2 though the added length for C2 will of course be an advantage factor. To my ears D1 is def better than A2 but also C2, though C2 do have some small parts that D1 don't have. D2 trumps them all. There is a possibility to tweak the system by using 1 series or 2 series at least from C level and up IMHO. In my system A2 was a bit soft around the edges and slightly muted in comparison to C2. A2 is still a killer compared to all other power cords I heard.

Eyes are on DTC Mainz as a next step

Mike
    Main system: Aavik Acoustics U-300, TechDAS AF V Premium + Kuzma 4P11" Gemstone/Kondo silver + Ortofon Diamond, Naim streamer SSD + TAD DA-1000 DAC, Sonus Faber Stradivari 35 Anniversary, full cable loom Ansuz Acoustics, D on signal side, Mainz DTC/D2 + Mainz8 D-TC power distributor. All individual equipment and cables rest on Ansuz Acoustics Darkz DTC. Dedicated mains supply (Audience Conductor) with Klangmodule fuse system and Furutech receptacles. Other systems: Collection of Sonus Faber classics (Franco S design), tube gear and transistor designs, CD-transports and players, turntables and collection of cables

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeoo View Post
    As I hade to rearrange my system I needed longer cables (Mainz) and re-dressed with C2 Mainz on all equipm and D2 from wall to box. In my system C2 is way better than A2 though the added length for C2 will of course be an advantage factor. To my ears D1 is def better than A2 but also C2, though C2 do have some small parts that D1 don't have. D2 trumps them all. There is a possibility to tweak the system by using 1 series or 2 series at least from C level and up IMHO. In my system A2 was a bit soft around the edges and slightly muted in comparison to C2. A2 is still a killer compared to all other power cords I heard.

Eyes are on DTC Mainz as a next step

Mike
    I will admit I didn't do a side by side between D1 and A2. I went from memory. The thing with the series 2 as you go from A to C to D each one is a significant upgrade where with the series 1 the difference was there but not as significant IMO. Honestly the D-TC trumps them all. Since you have a Mainz D-TC you should try hearing 2 chained together. At Axpona I brought my Mainz D-TC for a total of 3. 2 is the sweet spot
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

George,

I had the chance to compare them in my own system and this is from where I based my comments. Sure everything will be system dependent. One thing is sure, longer Mainz will add SQ well worth the extra cash.
    Would love full Ansuz loop in my system and I wish I could change my phono cable to Ansuz but as I have point to point Kondo silver which will need an operation adding a connector box as Ansuz wire will not fit in the arm.

Best/Mike

George,

I had the chance to compare them in my own system and this is from where I based my comments. Sure everything will be system dependent. One thing is sure, longer Mainz will add SQ well worth the extra cash.
    Would love full Ansuz loop in my system and I wish I could change my phono cable to Ansuz but as I have point to point Kondo silver which will need an operation adding a connector box as Ansuz wire will not fit in the arm.

Best/Mike
    I agree with the longer the better. My D-TC power cord is 3M. The C2 is 2M. Comparing anything in your own system is the best test anyone can do especially when doing it side by side. At the time I had the D-TC pc going to the MainzD8 and the C going from the D8 to the U300. When my dealer gave me the D to replace the C the sound was a little more open and natural sounding. When he took it out I lost that little bit. About an hour after he left I honestly didn't remember what I lost. Some months later when Lars came over and swapped the C with the A2 the difference was like a slap in the face for the better. Of course he swapped the A2 for the C2 and swapped my C sc's with the C2's. When he took them out my system sounded broken to me. It took several days for me to stop thinking how good my system sounded for that hour or so that Lars was over.

I have to admit there was several months between all the demos so I have to agree what you heard was in real time and I respect that. I may ask my dealer if he still has any D's pc and see if he will loan me one along with an A2.
    George

George,

Our ears are our masters!

Anyway, my impression was that the D1 was leaner than both C2 and D2 and in comparison to C2 gave both deeper as better resolved base plus added dynamics. Hence I think there could be some room for tuning a system with old D1's and probably at attractive price.

Mike

George,

Our ears are our masters!

Anyway, my impression was that the D1 was leaner than both C2 and D2 and in comparison to C2 gave both deeper as better resolved base plus added dynamics. Hence I think there could be some room for tuning a system with old D1's and probably at attractive price.

Mike
    +1
    George

George

Can you describe a bit more the sonic benefits of having 2 Mainz Dtc chained together?

Many thanks!

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonyung View Post
    George

Can you describe a bit more the sonic benefits of having 2 Mainz Dtc chained together?

Many thanks!
    First and foremost Welcome Jonyung

Have you heard what the Mainz D-TC can do? It lowers the noise floor which creates a much blacker background. In turn the clarity gets better creating more 'air' between the instruments and vocals. Everything just sounds so much more natural. A another thing you'll notice is you can play music even louder. If you think it can not possibly get any better and adding a second one lowers the noise floor that much farther. If I had to guess I would say about 75% more blackness. It's hard for me to describe.
    George

Dear Joe and George

First of all, thank you for the very warm welcome!

I purchased a used Dtc power cable after reading comments from audioshark and they are exactly as described by yourself. I then purchased the Mainz Dtc thinking that I can't go wrong, and indeed I am rewarded by an unheard of reduction in noisefloor and an appearance of microdetails/air/special information on well listened to music!

I may need more power outlets in the future, so I guess the logical next step would be a D2 or another DTc Mainz or perhaps a stromtank. I am really surprised that you felt there was a 75% improvement with the second DTC...that's alot! ( I would have thought, maybe , diminishing return would have kicked in....but I guess nothing beats real listening!

Thanks for the advice!

At the 2018 Axpona my local dealer and Lars were using 2 Mainz D-TC. On the last day I brought mine for a total of 3. There was another improvement but this time I would say the 3rd added 15 maybe 20% tops - lower noise floor.
    George

First and foremost Welcome Jonyung

Have you heard what the Mainz D-TC can do? It lowers the noise floor which creates a much blacker background. In turn the clarity gets better creating more 'air' between the instruments and vocals. Everything just sounds so much more natural. A another thing you'll notice is you can play music even louder. If you think it can not possibly get any better and adding a second one lowers the noise floor that much farther. If I had to guess I would say about 75% more blackness. It's hard for me to describe.
    Spot on buddy. Drinking a Modelo in Miami Beach for ya tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jnelson2000 View Post
    Spot on buddy. Drinking a Modelo in Miami Beach for ya tonight.

Thanks Jeff
    George

Hey there,

hope you are all doing well.
    Due to upgrades I'm going to sell my Ansuz D2 power distribution bar. The D2 is a few month old and bought at my local dealer.
    5500 € + shipping
    And I'm selling 4 D-TC Cable lifters. Best offer.
    If you are interested just contract me.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael B. View Post
    Hey there,

hope you are all doing well.
    Due to upgrades I'm going to sell my Ansuz D2 power distribution bar. The D2 is a few month old and bought at my local dealer.
    5500 € + shipping
    And I'm selling 4 D-TC Cable lifters. Best offer.
    If you are interested just contract me.

Hey Michael, Would suggest you post this in the "selling audio gear" section of this website?

Best to put a price on the D-TC cable lifters too.

Audiogon is another possibility though you might get a better result / more interest by pricing in USD. https://www.audiogon.com/listings?q=ansuz
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

All,

I also heard the double DTC though here I would, considering the cost, look at other upgrades before adding the 'final' touch. But, if you're already top set with all other equipment then why not! DTC box costs like a top notch turntable or other equipment so chose wisely. As i said before, one box of DTC will lift the whole system and if it is in reach I would go there first.

Mike

I recently purchased a pair of Borresen Acoustics loudspeakers and wanted to strengthen my foundation so I purchased the following Ansuz Acoustics accessories:

Photo 1: Goodies from Ansuz. D-TC Darkz footers, D-TC cable lifters, Ansuz Darkz “Feets” & Ansuz Ceramic balls

Photo 2: Latest 2-Series Cables from Ansuz Acoustics together with a latest 2-Series Ansuz Distributor

More details on how these accessories will be used can be found in my system thread

https://www.audioshark.org/showthrea...l=1#post259029
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Just when I thought the D-TC was the absolute best. No doubt they are fantastic but Mike and Lars came to Chicago to debut the 01/02/03 speakers. They brought something new. I'll call it the D-TC Supreme. They had the prototype Mainz - power cord - digital and IC's. I had an exclusive demo replacing the Mainz first followed by the power cord - digital and finally the IC's. With the Mainz the first thing that smacked you in the face was the loudness even with the volume at the same level. Same held true with the power cord. Not so much with the digital and IC's. With each step the noise floor just cratered on top of that. As far as the loudness I asked Mike why that was. His reply was he was removing so much more airborne RF that robbed the equipments power supply (especially the amp) ability to be a power supply that provides 'clean' power. With that brings a world more clarity and detail along with better imaging and sound stage. Although one would think it would be too analytical and sterile but it isn't. The musicality was still there but more like being at a small venue without amplification. Absolutely fantastic. I would say a single Mainz Supreme is better than 2 Mainz D-TC's tied in series.

I did ask Mike if I could bring the power cord home overnight since he had 2. He said sure. I can't believe how much better the D3.1's sounded. But still not at the level of detail the 03's have without any Supreme. I mean the D3.1's sound muffled compared to the 03's even with the power cord. The 03's have a lot more dynamics and scale better too even without the Supreme.

I did ask about pricing regarding the Mainz and the power cord. Mainz has yet to be determined. Lars said the power cord will be around 40K USD. Yikes!! It can only be a minimum of 3M due to the size of the D-TC enclosures. They about twice the size and the gauge of the wire is a lot bigger. I want one. Even my TV sounded so much more realistic. No pictures

Looks like the 03's and a Supreme power cord will be in my future. Damn this rabbit hole sure is deep. Maybe I should start a go fund me account

Almost forgot. New Darkz too. Talk about the 'focus' snapping into place. That was just putting them under a source. Too much to handle in one day!!
    George

Audioshark

Just when I thought the D-TC was the absolute best. No doubt they are fantastic but Mike and Lars came to Chicago to debut the 01/02/03 speakers. They brought something new. I'll call it the D-TC Supreme. They had the prototype Mainz - power cord - digital and IC's. I had an exclusive demo replacing the Mainz first followed by the power cord - digital and finally the IC's. With the Mainz the first thing that smacked you in the face was the loudness even with the volume at the same level. Same held true with the power cord. Not so much with the digital and IC's. With each step the noise floor just cratered on top of that. As far as the loudness I asked Mike why that was. His reply was he was removing so much more airborne RF that robbed the equipments power supply (especially the amp) ability to be a power supply that provides 'clean' power. With that brings a world more clarity and detail along with better imaging and sound stage. Although one would think it would be too analytical and sterile but it isn't. The musicality was still there but more like being at a small venue without amplification. Absolutely fantastic. I would say a single Mainz Supreme is better than 2 Mainz D-TC's tied in series.

I did ask Mike if I could bring the power cord home overnight since he had 2. He said sure. I can't believe how much better the D3.1's sounded. But still not at the level of detail the 03's have without any Supreme. I mean the D3.1's sound muffled compared to the 03's even with the power cord. The 03's have a lot more dynamics and scale better too even without the Supreme.

I did ask about pricing regarding the Mainz and the power cord. Mainz has yet to be determined. Lars said the power cord will be around 40K USD. Yikes!! It can only be a minimum of 3M due to the size of the D-TC enclosures. They about twice the size and the gauge of the wire is a lot bigger. I want one. Even my TV sounded so much more realistic. No pictures

Looks like the 03's and a Supreme power cord will be in my future. Damn this rabbit hole sure is deep. Maybe I should start a go fund me account

Almost forgot. New Darkz too. Talk about the 'focus' snapping into place. That was just putting them under a source. Too much to handle in one day!!
    Supreme is above DTC? Wow.

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Supreme is above DTC? Wow.

Remember... so is the price. Anticipated list price is 2X that of DTC. Would you be pissed if you bought a BMW 330i and then BMW introduces a new M3?

Supreme is above DTC?

Original D-TC is still excellent in its own right. The Supreme is a lot better and a lot more expensive. 40K for a power cable is not chump change at least IMO. I think you'll agree that 40K is more than a lot of folks have invested in their entire system. Nothing wrong with that. Everyone has a budget for audio. I believe most folks think wire is wire and cables make little to no difference. I wish I believed that for I would have saved a bunch but unfortunately I can hear a difference.
    George

I don't think Mike wants to sit twittling his thumbs while the rest of the world changes. Although I wish he would LOL!!
    George

Audioshark

Original D-TC is still excellent in its own right. The Supreme is a lot better and a lot more expensive. 40K for a power cable is not chump change at least IMO. I think you'll agree that 40K is more than a lot of folks have invested in their entire system. Nothing wrong with that. Everyone has a budget for audio. I believe most folks think wire is wire and cables make little to no difference. I wish I believed that for I would have saved a bunch but unfortunately I can hear a difference.
    I deal daily in the high high high end, and even I have to say, that’s absurd.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Re: Ansuz Cables &amp; Accessories

I will admit I haven't had a chance to listen to the X in my home. But I have with every other Ansuz cable. Tyler can't keep them in stock which is why.
    Mike how does the Thunder compare? I would love to hear a Tornado and Hurricane to hear if they do anything. My local AQ dealer doesn't do in home demos.
    George

Audioshark

Re: Ansuz Cables &amp; Accessories

I will admit I haven't had a chance to listen to the X in my home. But I have with every other Ansuz cable. Tyler can't keep them in stock which is why.
    Mike how does the Thunder compare? I would love to hear a Tornado and Hurricane to hear if they do anything. My local AQ dealer doesn't do in home demos.
    WHAT? He doesn’t? I’ll send you some. Let me know what you need.

PM sent
    George

[...] Almost forgot. New Darkz too. Talk about the 'focus' snapping into place. That was just putting them under a source. Too much to handle in one day!!

Wow.

Can you tell us more about the new Darkz too George?

What was the playback system?

What changes occurred when the new Darkz were applied?

Exciting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    Wow.

Can you tell us more about the new Darkz too George?

What was the playback system?

What changes occurred when the new Darkz were applied?

Exciting stuff.
    Ralph the titanium Darkz were only put under the cd player and nothing else. The system was an Aavik pre and stereo amp (not monos). Full D2 loom. The Cd player is a Naim cdx03. The focus really snapped together. Depth also got better. Didn't ask for a price because I would like to get the 03's and maybe a Supreme power cord from what I have already heard. To me the power cord and 03's were the biggest bang for the buck (the Mainz Supreme is killer but I think the PC will be more important for now). My money tree in the back yard is looking more bare than full. LMAO!! But if Mike sends me me a couple of AQ cords (requested a Tornado and Hurricane) I will give them an honest shot. Everything is fair game. It would nice to save a few bucks. But the SQ will determine that. Who knows if the AQ cords as good or better I may go for the Mainz Supreme.
    George

PM sent

let us know how the AQ's stack against the Ansuz PC if you get a chance...

I've heard many positive things about the latest AQ PC's and i won't be surprised if they compete with the Ansuz DTC?

i've heard the Raidho's (D1/D2/D3) at the shows and in a home environment and heard the new Borresen 01/03 only at RMAF. both lines sounded very good, but with both brands, i always pull out my audiophile checklist and they do everything well. i'm more wowed and impressed with the gear, but never have that emotional attachment to the music?

one thing i found with the brand (Raidho) at least for now? upgrading for the consumer kinda sucks, the resale of the brand is bad to say the least, just look on Agon and its sad!

imo: when i read about the new V2 or current new line of gear, people always seem to say the new stuff is WAY better or did they realized that the original just sucked?

Quote Originally Posted by PureVinyl View Post
    i've heard the Raidho's (D1/D2/D3) at the shows and in a home environment and heard the new Borresen 01/03 only at RMAF. both lines sounded very good, but with both brands, i always pull out my audiophile checklist and they do everything well. i'm more wowed and impressed with the gear, but never have that emotional attachment to the music?

one thing i found with the brand (Raidho) at least for now? upgrading for the consumer kinda sucks, the resale of the brand is bad to say the least, just look on Agon and its sad!

imo: when i read about the new V2 or current new line of gear, people always seem to say the new stuff is WAY better or did they realized that the original just sucked?
    I'd like to answer that question with a question. If any company comes up with an improvement should they sit in the corner playing pocket pool? Technology improves every day. Did their original product suck? I don't think so. Is the new V2 better? Let your ears be the judge not someones opinion. Instead of a V2 version would you feel better if it was a new model all together? Would that hype of a new model make you more inclined to buy? Personally specs mean very little to me but some folks think it's the bible. IMO there is no one product that will appeal to everyone. Everyone has their own tastes and expectations of what they want to hear. That's all that counts.
    George

WHAT? He doesn’t? I’ll send you some. Let me know what you need.

PM sent

Hey George,

Which models of AudioQuest power cord is Mike actually sending you?

Tornado, Hurrican, Dragon?

Ralph the titanium Darkz were only put under the cd player and nothing else. The system was an Aavik pre and stereo amp (not monos). Full D2 loom. The Cd player is a Naim cdx03. The focus really snapped together. Depth also got better. Didn't ask for a price because I would like to get the 03's and maybe a Supreme power cord from what I have already heard. To me the power cord and 03's were the biggest bang for the buck (the Mainz Supreme is killer but I think the PC will be more important for now). My money tree in the back yard is looking more bare than full. LMAO!! But if Mike sends me me a couple of AQ cords (requested a Tornado and Hurricane) I will give them an honest shot. Everything is fair game. It would nice to save a few bucks. But the SQ will determine that. Who knows if the AQ cords as good or better I may go for the Mainz Supreme.

The Ansuz titanium Darkz sound interesting George. I wonder if these will be offered in the future with Borresen Acoustics loudspeakers as well? I'd have to guess they will retail for well over US$1k each?

40K?

Even I agree, that’s takes it well out of the park and from experience I’m a believer in cables. There’s a buyer for everything, it just takes a lot more effort for the sale of one cable.

Rolls Royce here sells three cars per year, compared to Mercedes that sells thousands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Hey George,

Which models of AudioQuest power cord is Mike actually sending you?

Tornado, Hurrican, Dragon?

The Ansuz titanium Darkz sound interesting George. I wonder if these will be offered in the future with Borresen Acoustics loudspeakers as well? I'd have to guess they will retail for well over US$1k each?
    I would assume the titanium darkz would be available for the speakers when they go into full production.

As far as the power cable the Hurricane. It will interesting to see how it sounds compared to my D-TC or C2.
    George

I'd like to answer that question with a question. If any company comes up with an improvement should they sit in the corner playing pocket pool? Technology improves every day. Did their original product suck? I don't think so. Is the new V2 better? Let your ears be the judge not someones opinion. Instead of a V2 version would you feel better if it was a new model all together? Would that hype of a new model make you more inclined to buy? Personally specs mean very little to me but some folks think it's the bible. IMO there is no one product that will appeal to everyone. Everyone has their own tastes and expectations of what they want to hear. That's all that counts.

i understand what you are saying, and glad manufactures keep improving their products, but has a former owner of Raidho/Ansuz gear, trying to upgrade or sell them was a major PIA or should i say got hosed!

do let us know, about the AQ PC comparison against the DTC PC, maybe you'll be replacing all your cables with AQ cables!

Quote Originally Posted by PureVinyl View Post
    i understand what you are saying, and glad manufactures keep improving their products, but has a former owner of Raidho/Ansuz gear, trying to upgrade or sell them was a major PIA or should i say got hosed!

do let us know, about the AQ PC comparison against the DTC PC, maybe you'll be replacing all your cables with AQ cables!
    I sure will but Mike has a show coming up and needs all his cables. I understand that and he said he will be send a Hurricane after the show. A Dragon might be more of a fair comparison but he only has Dragons with a 20amp IEC. I need 15amp IEC's. I'm totally up for saving money but at this point in my life I am more interested in SQ. I will give them an honest opinion. I may see if I can get some friends over too to do a comparison not for price but a shootout in SQ. I asked for a week demo and getting people over may be hard. Who knows I may like the AQ better!!

By the way I'm sorry you hosed but I have a great local dealer who has always done me right. His trade in policy is truly outstanding.
    George

George,

Did they compare with old DTC Darkz? I recently installed a new Kuzma Stabi R turntable replacing my Dr Feickert. Stabi R is so much better than Feickert (on DTC Darkz). BUT! When I put 3 DTC Darkz under the Stabi R, wow, the jump in SQ was bigger than that from Feickert to Kuzma. These Darkz are crazy marvels of giving more music, couldn't live with out them. Pretty sure I will test the new Darkz asap they are available.

Mike

Yes they did put the Titanium Darkz under the cdp replacing DTC Darkz. I didn't hear a difference but I think the reason for that was because it was probably a much more minor improvement compared to what I heard with all the Supreme stuff. Tyler said he heard more focus. The 2 biggest improvements was the power bar and power cable from the wall to the power bar. The Digital cable and IC's were a nice improvement clarity and detail. Besides clarity and detail with the power bar and power cord the dynamics greatly increased.
    George

Ansuz Signalz XLR A2 vs P2

I'm about to buy a Aurender A10. IMHO the Aurender sounds best with a XLR connection.

Since most of my cables are by Ansuz with a splash of AudioQuest and Cammino I'm inclined to buy Anzus XLR interlinks. Would the A2 or P2 be the better choice. Would the A2 be overkill or would the P2 cause it to under perform?
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, [B]XLR Interlink: [B]Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

I don't think the A2 would be over kill. IMO not even the D-TC would be over kill but will be quite expensive.
    George

Hi, if you don't have Darkz to put under the Aurender, it would be my first choice and preferable DTC version (3 pcs). Cable wise I would look for second hand D1 XLR, or at least A2 XLR. Compare with P2 if A2 is worth the extra outlay. In general the new mark II MainzD8 filter boxes are quite the step above the old one, even the Mainz8 A2 version tops the old D8 imho.

Mike

I don't think the A2 would be over kill. IMO not even the D-TC would be over kill but will be quite expensive.
    There is no way I can afford exotica like a D-TC. Upgrading my current series 1 power cords would take prio.

Hi, if you don't have Darkz to put under the Aurender, it would be my first choice and preferable DTC version (3 pcs). Cable wise I would look for second hand D1 XLR, or at least A2 XLR. Compare with P2 if A2 is worth the extra outlay. In general the new mark II MainzD8 filter boxes are quite the step above the old one, even the Mainz8 A2 version tops the old D8 imho.

Mike
    I'm planning to buy a Rack of Silence in the future. The don't work with Darkz. Upgrading my Mainz D8 to a Mainz A2 is something I am thinking about. But then again my speaker cables and phono cable are not by Ansuz so maybe they should come first.
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, [B]XLR Interlink: [B]Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordante View Post
    There is no way I can afford exotica like a D-TC. Upgrading my current series 1 power cords would take prio.

I'm planning to buy a Rack of Silence in the future. The don't work with Darkz. Upgrading my Mainz D8 to a Mainz A2 is something I am thinking about. But then again my speaker cables and phono cable are not by Ansuz so maybe they should come first.
    IMO once you get your foundation right speaker cables will be the least significant upgrade. That has been my experience so far. I'm saying speaker cables don't make a difference but once you've hit the level of your system (which is very good) I would say the difference is pretty minimal.
    George

Quote Originally Posted by Mordante View Post

[..] I'm planning to buy a Rack of Silence in the future. The don't work with Darkz. Upgrading my Mainz D8 to a Mainz A2 is something I am thinking about. But then again my speaker cables and phono cable are not by Ansuz so maybe they should come first.
    Any particular reason for a Solid Tech Rack of Silence?

I owned two such racks (reference level) and they were the shortest ownership (to date) of any audio product i've ever purchased.

A basic rack with lossy surface (MDF, plywood etc.) combined with Ansuz Darkz is way better (IMHO).

I would tend to put Darkz under the Aurender first, then look at the cable. A2 is good if you can manage that.

Any particular reason for a Solid Tech Rack of Silence?

I owned two such racks (reference level) and they were the shortest ownership (to date) of any audio product i've ever purchased.

A basic rack with lossy surface (MDF, plywood etc.) combined with Ansuz Darkz is way better (IMHO).

I would tend to put Darkz under the Aurender first, then look at the cable. A2 is good if you can manage that.
    The main reason for the Solid Tech Rack of Silence is looks. My living room is not that big and many audio racks are big dark looking things.

7412169D-8894-4B92-880B-8ECF9161BF9E.jpeg

Totally agree with kiwi!

More or less any kind of surface/foundation with Darkz works a great treat. I know these 'feet' look nothing special and cost a lot but the positive effect way way passes the outlay in most cases, try and listen! In very few cases I heard little or no effect but then it was from equipment with its own de coupling 'system'.
    At least C level to start with but DTC is da shit if budget allows. Test at least!
    If I would rank Anzus gear from my impact experiences it would be: Darkz - Mainz8 power dist - Mainz power cord wall receptacle to Mainz8 - Mainz power cords to equipment - Signal cables. Though I would always chose a Mainz power cord upgrade before a signal one.

Mike

Wise words above, I'm not using any special hi-fi furniture either, that would never be allowed in our home as looks are a big thing as well, especially for my wife who is heavily into interior design. But I've got Darkz under everything, under all electronics and power distributor of course, but also under speakers and cables. Sometimes it's possible to find them second hand to more affordable prices.
    Speakers: Kroma Thais. Amplifier: Ypsilon Phaethon. Digital: LampizatOr Baltic 3, Lumin U1 Mini. Analog: MoFi Ultradeck, PS Audio Stellar Phono.
    Other: Audio-Technica ART9XI, Ansuz, Vertere, Sablon Audio USB/Ethernet/DC, Paul Hynes, IsoAcoustic, UpTone EtherREGEN.

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Ansuz Cables &amp; Accessories